planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:56 pm 

Covalent wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
I never realised Hamilton accidentally knocked off the cover for the brake bias switch so the brake bias kept winding itself rearwards causing rear instability.

That issue was present in the second runs where no one was improving anyway, the cause for his poor quali was that he couldn't get good exits in the first run.

Vowles said it was the first run; rectified for the second, but like everyone else, the track was too slow on the second runs for Ham.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:13 am 

shoot999 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
I never realised Hamilton accidentally knocked off the cover for the brake bias switch so the brake bias kept winding itself rearwards causing rear instability.

That issue was present in the second runs where no one was improving anyway, the cause for his poor quali was that he couldn't get good exits in the first run.

Vowles said it was the first run; rectified for the second, but like everyone else, the track was too slow on the second runs for Ham.

Yeah I've just seem that myself, interesting alternate explanation though.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 am 

shoot999 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:

Ok that's interesting, anyway Hamilton himself was blaming the exits for the poor performance so I don't think braking was that much of an issue time-wise.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:47 am 

Covalent wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:

Ok that's interesting, anyway Hamilton himself was blaming the exits for the poor performance so I don't think braking was that much of an issue time-wise.

Yes, he's made the point several times its down to him. As can be seen quite clearly by the onboards.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:40 pm 

shoot999 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:

Yes, he's made the point several times its down to him. As can be seen quite clearly by the onboards.

Maybe but Hamilton's not really one for making excuses, Volwes thought it neccessary to point out that Hamilton had an issue with his brakes.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)