Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:53 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
"Lewis entitled to stick his nose in"
And crash Albon out I suppose...sigh

Hamilton got alongside Albon. Albon should have left room.

Albon should have. Whereas Charles has no obligation to do so. Pick a path is all I am saying.

No they both have to give room. Leclerc gave Vettel loads of room.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:54 pm 

Merc couldn't even out drag the Honda in the Torro Rosso ..might just be the altitude but the lack of straight line speed should be a concern for them next season if they can't remedy it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:55 pm 

Has Hamilton effectively put his hand up, going n that interview with Ruebens?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:55 pm 

Lewis has took it upon himself to say that the incident with Albon was completely his fault. Now if that isn't an invitation for a penalty then I don't know what is. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 pm 

They need to give Hamilton the penalty pretty sharpish otherwise Sainz is going to miss the podium, which would be a massive shame.

Bacus wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:
Gutted for Albon, need to see the replay on that one. But honda power, wow they've had a massive year

It could be down to the damaged front wing of Ham? It seems strange that he actually was a bit slower in straight than STR.

Was slower than RB aswell. Said earlier Merc have work to do on engine over winter. No longer class of field and arguably 3rd now

mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
I love how they immediately blame Vettel. Vettel should hit the grass and crash himself out rather than race his teammate. Now watch them somehow blame Albon for this last incident. These commentators need kicked.

So it wasn't mainly Vettel's fault?

Racing incident. I suppose you could say Vettel should have stayed straight and taken the grass, but for Charles to give a little room isn't even a consideration. Not in the least.

Erm what? Vettel was nowhere near the grass?

I am exaggerating to talk about commentating not racing. Pass on the outside, racing incident most probably. But don't let that let a chance to blame Vettel pass. On the other hand, Albon is more than likely at fault for Hamilton, who was entitled to stick his nose in. The commentating is rich.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:57 pm 

Got to keep interlagos on the calendar.

So often delivers a crazy race.

tootsie323 wrote:
Has Hamilton effectively put his hand up, going n that interview with Ruebens?

He knows he's at fault. Right after crash he waited several seconds for Albon....But that could be a good things in how stewards weight this for LH.

Invade wrote:
Lewis has took it upon himself to say that the incident with Albon was completely his fault. Now if that isn't an invitation for a penalty then I don't know what is. ;)

He should let babbling Brundle know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:58 pm 

What an exciting race! Honestly this season has had about 6-7 extremely entertaining races.

Tremendous performance by Max. Absolutely brilliant all weekend. Dominant form in qualifying and he was perfect in the race. He made the crucial move on Hamilton after that first undercut and that, for me, was the win decided. The pass at the end was a foregone conclusion but Max really didn't put a wheel wrong all day. Best overall weekend of the year for him IMO.

I have to scratch my head at Mercedes pitting Hamilton at the end of the race. I don't see what they had to gain there. He was not going to be able to catch Max with so few laps remaining and I think they pretty much threw away 2nd there. The drag to the line between Hamilton and Gasly was exciting and also telling. Mercedes were down on power here but their tire life gave Hamilton a chance today. As I already mentioned, the critical part of the race was that first stop and Hamilton being held up by Leclerc (followed by Max basically being waved through by Leclerc). With Max able to make the pass on his outlap, Mercedes missed their chance at the win right there.

Difficult day for Bottas, who also suffered with the lack of speed in a straight line. He just couldn't get past Charles there and that ruined his race.

Ferrari were fairly competitive today. Shame about the end and I have to put most of the blame on Vettel there. He moved over in a way that reminded me of Turkey back in 2010. Yet another example of Sebastian's spacial awareness letting him down.

Gutted for Albon but I don't think that's a penalty for Hamilton. Albon left the door wide open and, having done so, he needed to leave a car's width on the inside there instead of turning all the way in. It's a shame but I think it has to go down as a racing incident.

Congrqts to Gasly! What a day for him! He accomplishes something that he never managed during his entire time at RBR. The guy clearly has talent. I can't figure out what went wrong with him this year. Maybe it's about the pressure or maybe it's something that we just don't have visibility to but he is performing now that he's back with Toro Rosso.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:58 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
I love how they immediately blame Vettel. Vettel should hit the grass and crash himself out rather than race his teammate. Now watch them somehow blame Albon for this last incident. These commentators need kicked.

Racing incident. I suppose you could say Vettel should have stayed straight and taken the grass, but for Charles to give a little room isn't even a consideration. Not in the least.

I am exaggerating to talk about commentating not racing. Pass on the outside, racing incident most probably. But don't let that let a chance to blame Vettel pass. On the other hand, Albon is more than likely at fault for Hamilton, who was entitled to stick his nose in. The commentating is rich.

Well it was Vettel's fault? Driving into your team mate on a straight is worthy of heavy criticism.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:00 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:

The commentating is fine, you're being overly sensitive. Vettel moved into leclerc on the straight a la Webber collision Istanbul 2010.

Hamilton was entitled to go for the move on Albon who left the door right open - need to look at the replay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 pm 

Vettel didn't need to take to the grass. Just keep going straight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:02 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:

Well it was Vettel's fault? Driving into your team mate on a straight is worthy of heavy criticism.

It was an outside corner.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:02 pm 

Tough times to be a Vettel fan TBH, generally speaking. But hey, he wins races and most of the grid doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:03 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

The collision happened on the straight, what the hell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:03 pm 

I thought Lewis had the room and he only locked up once he saw Albon cutting across. Racing incident for me. It was there to go for.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:04 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

No it wasn't. Not in the slightest.

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

No it was the straight leading to turn 4.

mikeyg123 wrote:
Vettel did an exact copy of Turkey 2010.

And of course Vettel has a hissy fit about it.

100% agree

Invade wrote:
Tough times to be a Vettel fan TBH, generally speaking. But hey, he wins races and most of the grid doesn't.

Tough times to be a Brundle fan, generally speaking. But hey, he gets most the speaking gigs whereas most of the race journos don't.
Someday I'll make a point on these threads and it will be understood. Someday.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:05 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:

I don't see how anyone can say that was anything other than Vettel's fault. He turned into Leclerc on a straight.

I'd need to see the Albon/Hamilton incident again but it did look like Albon left a lot of space and Hamilton was significantly alongside before trying to back out when he realised Albon was turning in. I'm thinking racing incident.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:07 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:

Tough times to be a Brundle fan, generally speaking. But hey, he gets most the speaking gigs whereas most of the race journos don't.
Someday I'll make a point on these threads and it will be understood. Someday.

I'm somewhat confused by this response? But okie dokie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:09 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Seb had him out of the corner on the outside.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:10 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

What?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:10 pm 

nabby81 wrote:
Merc couldn't even out drag the Honda in the Torro Rosso ..might just be the altitude but the lack of straight line speed should be a concern for them next season if they can't remedy it.

Merc turned their attention to next year at the summer break.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:11 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:

Err what are you talking about...???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:11 pm 

It will be interesting to hear the general opinion from pundits around the world on this Ferrari debacle. Damon Hill just pinned the main blame on Vettel on Sky Sports.

I've got a feeling they'll rule the Hamilton-Albon incident as a racing incident but let's see...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:12 pm 

Everyone missing the most important point of the race, GASLY got second 8O

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:12 pm 

Besides Turkey 2010, just what's in recent memory, Vettel did that at start here with Ham (very close), then in Mexic again at start with Ham (pushing Ham on grass). Pushing the opponent wide in straight line. Only what I remember, but I know he did this lots of times, without accidents but creating dangerous situations.
I would like Vet to do well and recover, but this is a thing that he needs to adjust.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:13 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Vettel didn't need to take to the grass. Just keep going straight.

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:13 pm 

Clarky wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:

Is bourbon talking about a totally different incident to the rest of the world?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:14 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Stop now!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:14 pm 

Exciting race. Max overtaking Hamilton twice and I think Hamilton gained a lot during the undercut. So their strategy was not bad. He could have had Albon too after pitting for SC in the end but he was not patient and has to be given penalty for driving into Albon for sure :uhoh: Who made an excellent move on Vettel. Ferrari accident was a racing incident :-|

Last edited by Mercedes-Benz on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:15 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Clarky wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Invade wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:

Is bourbon talking about a totally different incident to the rest of the world?

Either that or on a complete wind up!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:15 pm 

bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Yes they were side by side through turn 3 and then onto the straight heading to 4. Vettel moved over and crashed into Leclerc on that straight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:16 pm 

Bacus wrote:
Besides Turkey 2010, just what's in recent memory, Vettel did that at start here with Ham (very close), then in Mexic again at start with Ham (pushing Ham on grass). Pushing the opponent wide in straight line. Only what I remember, but I know he did this lots of times, without accidents but creating dangerous situations.
I would like Vet to do well and recover, but this is a thing that he needs to adjust.

Yeah there's also a lot of other incidents with him when he's in close-quarters-combat with other drivers like his spin at Baku this year or his incidents at races like Austin, Italy and France last year. He just gets it wrong a lot these days.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:17 pm 

Vettel didn't get his car full alongside Charles until about half way along the straight, let alone through the previous corner.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:17 pm 

They are showing replays of the Hamilton-Albon incident. I believe Hamilton should be given a penalty for an incident which is borderline a racing incident.