planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: Re: FEEDBACK THREAD
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:45 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
All it was was comments on expressions, not developing at all and easily comments that could go in other threads.

The "War!!!" thread was a straightforward duplicate of three other threads which have since been merged. The locked one was merely started far later and thus barely used and deemed not worth merging.

Thankyou for your reply.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:45 pm 

What the hell has happened to forum? This has gone the way of the main site where idiotic comments and debates are being passed. It a Real shame.

Last edited by Race2win on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:50 pm 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
@ P-F1 Mod- RickM just went on to abuse Seb.. There has to be a line somewhere!

We've spent the day clearing out far worse posts than that. In fact reading it through it's a valid point, not one I entirely agree with but valid nonetheless. That's not abuse, that's an accurate assessment of Seb's image.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 pm 

MOD: How about Angreet roll commenting about Vettels Mother.... Is that ok too???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 pm 

Race2win wrote:
What the hell has happened to forum? This has gone the way of the main site where idiotic comments and debates are being passed. It a Real shame.

Unfortunately the forum works differently to the main site in that everything can be posted immediately, we the deal with those that are deemed inappropriate afterwards. If they are reported, they will be dealt with.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:01 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Race2win wrote:

Unfortunately the forum works differently to the main site in that everything can be posted immediately, we the deal with those that are deemed inappropriate afterwards. If they are reported, they will be dealt with.

NoOoooo... When say being PASSED, I dont mean you Verify & pass them. I know they are pOsted immediately. What I meant was some imbeciles are posting idiotic comments to debate using foul language. How can that be allowed?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 pm 

Race2win wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Race2win wrote:

NoOoooo... When say being PASSED, I dont mean you Verify & pass them. I know they are pOsted immediately. What I meant was some imbeciles are posting idiotic comments to debate using foul language. How can that be allowed?

There is a standard by which we measure post quality, but it's not always for us to say what points are idiotic. On popular forum days, such as race days, to root out every use of foul language or what you perceive as idiocy would definitely look like censoring. That's the last thing we want to do. The forum is a place for discussion. We don't babysit - we just moderate.

So, if there's a post you have a specific problem with, you should report it and we'll take a look. Otherwise, try not to be too sensitive on days like these - it's really busy and emotions run high. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 pm 

So as I mentioned earlier, but didnt recieve a reply on this one, what about Angreet Roll comment about Vettels mother. That OK too?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:53 pm 

Race2win wrote:
So as I mentioned earlier, but didnt recieve a reply on this one, what about Angreet Roll comment about Vettels mother. That OK too?

If you reported the post, we looked at it. I can't speak publicly about whether specific users have been disciplined or not. But unless you report something, there's no way we can monitor everything that gets posted on high-volume days like these.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 pm 

Mod_Red wrote:
Race2win wrote:

If you reported the post, we looked at it. I can't speak publicly about whether specific users have been disciplined or not. But unless you report something, there's no way we can monitor everything that gets posted on high-volume days like these.

How do you report it? I thought this was the place to report it. I dont see a report option while viewig the site on the phone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 pm 

Race2win wrote:
Mod_Red wrote:
Race2win wrote:

How do you report it? I thought this was the place to report it. I dont see a report option while viewig the site on the phone.

In the bottom right hand corner of every post there is a red "!" In a box. Just click on it and follow instructions to report a post.

2014 Championship : 5th :)

PF1 2014 Castrol GP Predictor
2014 Fantasy League : 1st :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 pm 

fatboy72 wrote:
Race2win wrote:
Mod_Red wrote:
Race2win wrote:

In the bottom right hand corner of every post there is a red "!" In a box. Just click on it and follow instructions to report a post.

What are the grounds for reporting posts then ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:48 pm 

Bottom right there is a red ! Mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
fatboy72 wrote:
Race2win wrote:
Mod_Red wrote:
Race2win wrote:

What are the grounds for reporting posts then ?

Any posts you feel are offensive or break forum rules. If in doubt, report it. We can always choose not to act if we feel it isn't necessary.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:02 pm 

Ok cheers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:21 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
@ P-F1 Mod- RickM just went on to abuse Seb.. There has to be a line somewhere!

We've spent the day clearing out far worse posts than that. In fact reading it through it's a valid point, not one I entirely agree with but valid nonetheless. That's not abuse, that's an accurate assessment of Seb's image.

So, I can abuse a driver, rile his fans up and get away just fine as long as a moderator feels the same? I'm sorry, but this forum has Hamilton threads locked even if his nail paint gets scratched, while a Vettel bash is welcome. It's just so apparent.

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 am 

It's not the intention, nor is your summary accurate.

At the heart of the moderation team is the decision way back at the close of 2011 to select fans of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Raikkonen so as to avoid such driver bias. We also selected mods from Spain, Poland, Finland, Britain, America and Australia to cover cultural and linguistic differences. In this way there are fans and detractors for each and every driver on the team and no driver gets unfair treatment.

I concede the Vettel threads have been getting close to the mark at times, but as a whole they have been well enough behaved, even if that wasn't always the intention of the OP. We have removed the posts that were complained about, but unlike with, for example, a lot of the Hamilton threads, it's only individual posts coming to our attention and not entire threads.

If fans are being riled by posts designed for that purpose, report them and they will be dealt with. We've had a lot of those already, but they somehow didn't drag entire threads down with them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
It's not the intention, nor is your summary accurate.

At the heart of the moderation team is the decision way back at the close of 2011 to select fans of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Raikkonen so as to avoid such driver bias. We also selected mods from Spain, Poland, Finland, Britain, America and Australia to cover cultural and linguistic differences. In this way there are fans and detractors for each and every driver on the team and no driver gets unfair treatment.

I concede the Vettel threads have been getting close to the mark at times, but as a whole they have been well enough behaved, even if that wasn't always the intention of the OP. We have removed the posts that were complained about, but unlike with, for example, a lot of the Hamilton threads, it's only individual posts coming to our attention and not entire threads.

If fans are being riled by posts designed for that purpose, report them and they will be dealt with. We've had a lot of those already, but they somehow didn't drag entire threads down with them.

It doesn't answer one simple question. You have people swearing about Vettel and even his mother. If, those chaps should not be reprimanded or those posts should not be taken down, I have nothing to say. I just know, the language that can be used for a Hamilton, and the language that can be used for a Vettel. I've already reported them yesterday, nothing has happened.

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 am 

If you mean the posts saying Vettel would sell his mother for the title, that is a common colloquial phrase used to denote determination to get something.

Swearing isn't against the forum rules. When it was, the fact the ban was in force was the single biggest complaint the forum had.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:43 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
If you mean the posts saying Vettel would sell his mother for the title, that is a common colloquial phrase used to denote determination to get something.

Swearing isn't against the forum rules. When it was, the fact the ban was in force was the single biggest complaint the forum had.

I don't agree with your assessment of things. But, thanks for taking the trouble to clear things with me, personally. Though, in my heart, I do feel somewhere that you guys are very touchy about Hamilton matters and very liberal with Vettel matters.

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. ForSure101, the forum is run seperately from the main site. Most of the moderation team for the forum rarely get a chance to spend time on the main site so if someone comes to us with a problem we assume it's something with the forum. Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for the reply SilverstoneRegular.

Obviously the comments section on the main site is not working as no one is posting comments & are now posting in this forum instead. You only have to read some of the silly & rude posts to know that & look at how many same/silly threads have been started. Can one of the moderators from here let those responsible for the comments section on the main site know cause this is getting really out of hand & spoiling what is normally a fantastic forum. Please, please....... :-(( I'll even pay money :D
Once again, please, please.... this forum is falling apart. I am still willing to pay money if I have to :-((

Last edited by DrG on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:

So what your saying is swearing is fine....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 am 

Race2win wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

Positive.

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 am 
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
Race2win wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

Positive.

Swearing, as in the type of swearing you could occasionally expect when talking to your friends, is not against the rules. Overdoing it isn't, as it would break the first of the listed forum rules, and we have indeed warned people for it.

If you have an issue with swearing in a post, report it. If it is over the top, we´ll deal with it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:18 am 
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

I don't agree with your assessment of things. But, thanks for taking the trouble to clear things with me, personally. Though, in my heart, I do feel somewhere that you guys are very touchy about Hamilton matters and very liberal with Vettel matters.

Well, other people think we are even more liberal with Alonso or Raikkonen matters. In fact, we have a wide array of supporters within the mod team, so most if not all angles are covered. We do our best to be absolutely neutral. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 am 

Mod_Yellow wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

Well, other people think we are even more liberal with Alonso or Raikkonen matters. In fact, we have a wide array of supporters within the mod team, so most if not all angles are covered. We do our best to be absolutely neutral. :)

:thumbup: And a great job you do as well, considering what you have to moderate. I would have thought in this day & age where even young children can swear like troupers, swearing wouldn't be such a big thing but, then again, I'm an Aussie & swearing has always been an everyday thing so I might not be as sensitive to other cultures where it is not :-(( :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 pm 

DrG wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. ForSure101, the forum is run seperately from the main site. Most of the moderation team for the forum rarely get a chance to spend time on the main site so if someone comes to us with a problem we assume it's something with the forum. Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for the reply SilverstoneRegular.

Obviously the comments section on the main site is not working as no one is posting comments & are now posting in this forum instead. You only have to read some of the silly & rude posts to know that & look at how many same/silly threads have been started. Can one of the moderators from here let those responsible for the comments section on the main site know cause this is getting really out of hand & spoiling what is normally a fantastic forum. Please, please....... :-(( I'll even pay money :D
Once again, please, please.... this forum is falling apart. I am still willing to pay money if I have to :-((

Will ask what's going on. I never have time to go over to the main site so I didn't even know the comments section was down, let alone that it still was!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:20 pm 

The main site has a link to the forum on the news story about the comments section being down, that would definately increase the amount of newer posters rather quickly, and posters who are perhaps less concerned with the content of their posts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:26 pm 

There's a story as well? Oops, I just emailed the editor asking what's going on...

I did highlight the fact that we've had to sanction a number of those new members immediately, so in theory we're already removing some of the worst offenders. All I can say is keep reporting them and we will be as ruthless as we can with apparent troublemakers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 pm 

Just wanted counter DrG & Mods comments there. I agree swearing may be part of certain cultures so it may not be big deal as such. But swearing on here happens only to hammer a particularly weak point home in the first place, it just to show "I am superior than you, therefore, I know better and I will shout till Im heard." Id be lying if I say I dont swear. But I will not swear in a debate. It just shows how pathetic your point is. Many forums including Autosport have zero tolerence policy, it should be implemented here too, since not doing so would only encourage people to do it more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 pm 

I wouldn't say "only". Mainly, perhaps, but it's not exclusive. We're not returning to a ban on swearing, because last time we had that the mods were left standing while the forum came up with more and more alternative spellings of words that had been filtered. We also simply can't deal with the volume of reports of swearing if it's peer moderated to a degree.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 pm 

Getting fed up with sections of fans screaming "basher" "baiter" or "troll" when a thread or post doesn't reflect in glowing terms on their driver.

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 pm 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Getting fed up with sections of fans screaming "basher" "baiter" or "troll" when a thread or post doesn't reflect in glowing terms on their driver.

I think you should ask them to read your signature

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 pm 

Agreed. Again, all I can say is keep reporting them. The rules are clear, they're repeated in my signature and yet people still seem to do it.

For anyone wondering how to handle a troll, please remember there is a report button there. That is somewhere you can call someone a troll to your heart's content - where it won't derail a thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:46 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Agreed. Again, all I can say is keep reporting them. The rules are clear, they're repeated in my signature and yet people still seem to do it.

For anyone wondering how to handle a troll, please remember there is a report button there. That is somewhere you can call someone a troll to your heart's content - where it won't derail a thread.

I have reported and have seen that the posts have been removed

But there's a growing populous of posters who will not see anything but hate when the post isn't "I love your driver so much it hurts"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm 

Race2win wrote:

I love your posts mate but I'm so riled I can't tell if this one is a friendly lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm 

I think that one's sincere :wink:

I agree with your complaint and we're doing what we can. I know it's not a perfect solution, but anyone who can provide us with a better one is doing pretty well, I reckon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:50 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
I think that one's sincere :wink:

I agree with your complaint and we're doing what we can. I know it's not a perfect solution, but anyone who can provide us with a better one is doing pretty well, I reckon.

Sorry bud I'm not having a go, just wound up sorry!

Keep up the good work (you haven't banned me for ages!)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm 

Race2win wrote:

I love your posts mate but I'm so riled I can't tell if this one is a friendly lol

Why would I want to rile you up? We are on the same side.