Please read the forum rules

Post subject: Re: FEEDBACK THREAD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:28 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
stevefromstoke wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
stevefromstoke wrote:
stuff

Understood and heard, same with you Rick and others who have been less vocal but raise equally valid points. Sadly the way the forum is set up in terms of multiple servers means I can't just repair things like on the old forum, but we are working as quickly as we can to fix the issues you are all reporting.

Thanks very much.

Despite the moaning this is my fave F1 formum and i really hope its all good very soon. If you could sort out the speed issues , especially scrolling, i could cope with the other stuff
Cheers

The scrolling on mine is absolutely fine and I'm using Chrome...

Its fine for me on chrome too, thanks. The slow scrolling could be my IE messed up. Anyone else getting the same thing ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 pm 

Site looks cool... one thing i've noticed (or to be precise, having difficulty noticing) is the page number thingie on the right hand side of the site is quite difficult to see with the red on black.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:16 pm 

stevefromstoke wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
stevefromstoke wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
stevefromstoke wrote:
stuff

Understood and heard, same with you Rick and others who have been less vocal but raise equally valid points. Sadly the way the forum is set up in terms of multiple servers means I can't just repair things like on the old forum, but we are working as quickly as we can to fix the issues you are all reporting.

Thanks very much.

Despite the moaning this is my fave F1 formum and i really hope its all good very soon. If you could sort out the speed issues , especially scrolling, i could cope with the other stuff
Cheers

The scrolling on mine is absolutely fine and I'm using Chrome...

Its fine for me on chrome too, thanks. The slow scrolling could be my IE messed up. Anyone else getting the same thing ?

That's what you get for using IE! :-P

I kid.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:59 pm 

Hi guys,

I'm new here. In the F1-forum, I can only see three pages of threads. How can I see all the older threads?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:06 pm 

cdriel wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm new here. In the F1-forum, I can only see three pages of threads. How can I see all the older threads?

Thanks.

Noone can see old threads. This forum moved to new platform few days ago and we lost all old posts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:30 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
cdriel wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks.

Noone can see old threads. This forum moved to new platform few days ago and we lost all old posts.

Thanks dizlexik.

It's a pity, because I would like to post in the F1-pictures thread. There was a picture of the Ferrari still on the jack on the starting grid, and a few people asked where that was.

It was Rubens Barrichello at the 2002 Magny Cours Grand prix. I was about 100 metres away from that point. The race which Michael Schumacher won and took his fifth world title.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:24 pm 

I have turned of the signatures. Those animated ones were really annoying and distracting. I'm happy with the avatar thingie even if it's small. It doesn't interrupt the flow of the threads.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:00 pm 

Can one of the mods please put up a sticky thread regarding how to put in things like spoilers again like yellow_mod did on the old forum?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it (same as a lot of other people judging by the amount of [spoiler]'s I'm seeing all over the place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 pm 

minchy wrote:
Can one of the mods please put up a sticky thread regarding how to put in things like spoilers again like yellow_mod did on the old forum?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it (same as a lot of other people judging by the amount of [spoiler]'s I'm seeing all over the place.

It isn't that you're doing something wrong; the new forum isn't enabling them. We're waiting for the tech team to get back to us on it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:21 pm 

Mod_Red wrote:
minchy wrote:

It isn't that you're doing something wrong; the new forum isn't enabling them. We're waiting for the tech team to get back to us on it.

Ok, Cheers for the confirmation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:15 am 

stevefromstoke wrote:
Cheers

Scrolling seems OK from where I'm sat, and that's on two different browsers simiultaneously. Even the usually-awkward Internet Explorer is playing ball with this.

The only slow feature I have is the ban button which seems to hold a conversation with each of the six servers running this forum before giving me the chance to ban any of our spammers!

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:36 am 

How do you put pictures from the Internet in your sigs? Copy and paste does nothing.

Oh yeah it was so easy, you can't believe it.

[Long pause, silence]

No it wasn't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:27 am 

Another one who has turned off the sigs as soon as I saw it was an option. They are, almost without exception, 'orrible.
Don't mind avatars so much. Overall though - speed has improved and we have a search function - I'm happy.

Question though how do you create a URL behind a piece of text i.e so you don't have to actually show the URL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:03 am 

in my opinion signatures pictures are way too big, but idea with avatars is great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:29 am 

To post pictures type [img]your.image.url.com[/img]

To make a url appear as text... Like my Sig:
[url=http://whateveryouareliningto.com]your text goes here[/url]

edit : sorry originally posted this on my phone.

Last edited by f1madman on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
stevefromstoke wrote:
Cheers

Scrolling seems OK from where I'm sat, and that's on two different browsers simiultaneously. Even the usually-awkward Internet Explorer is playing ball with this.

The only slow feature I have is the ban button which seems to hold a conversation with each of the six servers running this forum before giving me the chance to ban any of our spammers!

Looks like the slow operation on IE was at my end , a quick clean up seems to have sorted it out. Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:57 pm 

Dolo, in your posting form on the left there is a red link "BBCode", which opens the help page.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 pm 

On the subject of Internet Explorer, unless you are on a work computer where you are unable to upgrade, I would strongly urge everyone to upgrade to Internet Explorer 9 (which is despite its lineage is an excellent browser) - if you are on Windows XP and therefore can't get IE9 then I would strongly urge anyone using the browser to switch to Firefox or Chrome (or Safari or Opera, but Safari on Windows is not as good as Firefox/Chrome and Opera, while the most innovative browser, doesn't have the same performance levels as Chrome and Firefox... although substantially better than Internet Explorer 8 and earlier)

When people urge Internet Explorer users to upgrade, it isn't because using Internet Explorer is uncool, there is genuinely a very big difference in terms of browser performance and ability. In terms of an analogy that people on here might understand, it is like comparing a 1990s Minardi to the RB7, the browser isn't just slower, its technology is out of date.

To give you an example of what the modern browsers are capable of, you should check out this website of tech demos: http://www.chromeexperiments.com/

Obviously, they won't work in Internet Explorer 8 or earlier, but some of them have videos to show you what you are missing out on. While, being tech demos, most of the stuff may seem frivolous, the technology will enable websites to become far more interactive and useful.

But even beyond this, the sheer speed of the modern browsers is worth the upgrade; the biggest difference is JavaScript, but also download speeds and memory usage. I regularly have 50+ tabs open in Chrome with little impact on performance. If I tried this in an old version of IE my computer would run at crawl.

If you are using Internet Explorer 9, then you don't need to worry, as IE9 is a great browser and pretty much as good as the others (better is some aspects) - however in comparison to Internet Explorer 8, it is really Internet Explorer 99 to represent how different it is. If you can't get IE9, then for the reasons I explained above, I would strongly urge you to upgrade.

I hope the mods don't mind this little deviation, but I feel it is relevant to the points being raised and will benefit anyone who can upgrade.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:01 pm 

The new forum/board looks cool. However, i hope the mods/developer wil change the targets of any URL's/hyperlinks to a new tab rather than opening it over PF1 window. Just a suggestion. thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:27 am 

What's with the forum getting completely spammed?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 am 

benmc wrote:

I gotta be honest and ask myself if Eurytus has anything to do with this....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:00 am 

We need an extra mod to filter those spammers out... I can't keep pumping out anything made up...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 am 

Our moderating team ain't a gonna be happy campers when they wake up and see this spammer mess.
:(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:19 am 

I would gladly do right and clean this place up... but I just do not have the authority and power to do so... so... there's really nothing that can be done....
Guessing that it will reach 10 pages?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:34 am 

So,

Does anyone else suddenly feel like buying cheap pharmaceuticals online?

Such firms must think invading a forum, spamming it to death with annoying poorly worded descriptions (if you could even call it that), will convince me to use their corrupted links.

Infidelity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:54 am 

Wow looks like the forum is under attack from spammers right now. Whats going on?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:56 am 

SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
benmc wrote:

You read my mind. Lets just say I wouldnt take that bet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 am 

ynot22 wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
benmc wrote:

I'm out of the loop, what's the story with Eurytus? Ferrari fan? :]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 am 

Sammydj wrote:
ynot22 wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
benmc wrote:

He was a notorious forumer and a mod that got kicked out of here. I would just say it wouldnt surprise me if he was behind something like this.

Up to 12 pages and counting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:07 am 

ynot22 wrote:
Sammydj wrote:
ynot22 wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
benmc wrote:

He was a notorious forumer and a mod that got kicked out of here. I would just say it wouldnt surprise me if he was behind something like this.

Up to 12 pages and counting.

What did he do to get kicked?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 am 

I gotta be honest and ask myself if Eurytus has anything to do with this....[/quote]
You read my mind. Lets just say I wouldnt take that bet.[/quote]

I'm out of the loop, what's the story with Eurytus? Ferrari fan? :][/quote]

Up to 12 pages and counting.[/quote]

What did he do to get kicked?[/quote]
You would have to ask the current Mods. He banned a lot of people who disagreed with him when he was secretly a mod and had a thin skin so when he was replaced and this place got a lot more civil I think it was just a question of time before he abused people the way he used to when he was a mod and that didnt fly with the new management.
If you really want more info, this is more a subject for PM's. Feel free to pm me and Ill fill you in. looks like the Forum is down with spam anyway lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:53 am 

I'm not surprised by all this spam. With all the money this site probably makes, I'm surprised they didn't go for a better forum software like VBulletin or Invisionboard. I love open source software for the most part, but after having run a PHPBB forum on my personal site to provide support for a Wordpress theme that I made a couple of years back, I've decided that I will never again use it. It is great for a free piece of software, but the spammers are always 2 steps ahead of the software. I've seen tons of forums taken over by spam. The only PHPBB forums that are not plagued, are ones with an army of hawkish mods, or the ones with overly restrictive limitations on new members.

The mods have my sympathies with trying to clean this up. It is a real PITA and the mod control panel is not the most user friendly at letting you get rid of all these junk threads. Fortunately, it looks like there are only a handful of "members" who are posting all the spam, so it might be easier to clean up than if you had 500+ registered users, each with only 1-5 spam topics.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 am 

13 pages of spam already. That's a lot of spam for breakfast Mod!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:18 am 

Brace yourselves guys! We're under attack!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:24 am 

Wipe the boards and start again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 am 

ynot22 wrote:

You read my mind. Lets just say I wouldnt take that bet.[/quote]

I'm out of the loop, what's the story with Eurytus? Ferrari fan? :][/quote]

Up to 12 pages and counting.[/quote]

What did he do to get kicked?[/quote]
You would have to ask the current Mods. He banned a lot of people who disagreed with him when he was secretly a mod and had a thin skin so when he was replaced and this place got a lot more civil I think it was just a question of time before he abused people the way he used to when he was a mod and that didnt fly with the new management.
If you really want more info, this is more a subject for PM's. Feel free to pm me and Ill fill you in. looks like the Forum is down with spam anyway lol[/quote]

Thx 4 the info. I had no idea this was happening.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 am 

spam is awful, wt hell happened to our beloved forum?!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:59 am 

What a disaster!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:10 am 

Oh dear oh dear.

What a complete mess ...

:(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:11 am 

Please for the love of mankind open this link http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2122696

And activate the Q&A captcha with some F1 related question, that should solve the problem, visual captchas have been cracked in stone age.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig