planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: FEEDBACK THREAD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:49 pm 

I can't see a site that deletes 9 out of 10 of its articles when they prove untrue ever being considered credible, frankly. It was telling that no other source seemed to be available to verify anything they said. Honestly, as much as it probably looks like it, it's nothing to do with the owner of the site causing problems on here. As far as I'm concerned he was dealt with and the site is a seperate issue.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:31 pm 

wire2004 wrote:
mods.
I know the history and why you don't like thejudge13 being used as a reputable source when linking to articles.
I just wanted to see if the situation is going too change soon on this issue and you wanting too allow the website too be used on a case by case basis.
my reasoning towards this is that the same article that that we blocked on this forum was quoted on the news and gossip section of the bbc sports website. this I think woukd think maybe have sone legs as a credible news source.

just a re clarification woukd be appreciated.

Didn't thejudge13 claim the Red Bull-rebranded Renault engine developed by Ilmor was a done deal?

He's full of poop as far as I can tell

FA#14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:23 pm 

mcdo wrote:
wire2004 wrote:
mods.
I know the history and why you don't like thejudge13 being used as a reputable source when linking to articles.
I just wanted to see if the situation is going too change soon on this issue and you wanting too allow the website too be used on a case by case basis.
my reasoning towards this is that the same article that that we blocked on this forum was quoted on the news and gossip section of the bbc sports website. this I think woukd think maybe have sone legs as a credible news source.

just a re clarification woukd be appreciated.

Didn't thejudge13 claim the Red Bull-rebranded Renault engine developed by Ilmor was a done deal?

He's full of poop as far as I can tell

Within 48 hours of reporting that Honda power was a done deal, yes. Not sure if that article is still online anywhere? Generally we let people lose their own credibility, but this one goes a bit far.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:16 pm 

Seems to me it's about time to lock the AD race thread. There's nothing positive going on there at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:16 pm 

It was perfectly civil when I went in there before. Came online, saw this post then saw 2 reports from it. Good shout, I'd say.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:05 am 

Did Prema get banned? I thought he was a good poster wth a solid contribution :(

Edit: Nevermind, I see he's still active!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:31 am 

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Did Prema get banned? I thought he was a good poster wth a solid contribution :(

Well, myself, I was kind of surprised to see me still active.. 8O

I just don't seem to recognize the right moment when to take my dog out for a bit longer walk than usually, when that's what both my dog and me and the entire forum would be benefitting from.. :?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:33 am 

Prema wrote:
Schumacher forever#1 wrote:

Well, myself, I was kind of surprised to see me still active.. 8O

I just don't seem to recognize the right moment when to take my dog out for a bit longer walk than usually, when that's what both my dog and me and the entire forum would be benefitting from.. :?

:lol: I looked at the forum rules and I think there's a six hour ban if one breaks the rules on the race threads. Should be fine so!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:27 am 

Hello Perma :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:14 am 

I'm having an issue with using the forum on my phone.

I haven't been very active for a while and I recently got a new phone so I'm not sure if it may be something on my end causing the problem.

When I click on the little icon to view the most recent post in a topic it simply opens up at the top of the most recent page, whereas in the past it has opened up at the first post that was made since I last looked at the thread, allowing me to pick up from where I left it.

It's a small thing really but a slight annoyance as it means I can't really follow a thread as well as I used to.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 pm 

Most recent post will simply take you to the last post in the thread. There's a button more centrally that should take you to the first unread?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:18 pm 

Sorry I didn't explain very well. It's the "view first unread post" icon which shows just to the left of the thread title.

If for example I read through a thread and the last post was halfway down the page, and I then clicked off for a couple of hours and came back. Clicking that icon would take me to the last post I had read before closing the thread.

However now when I click it it just takes me to the top of the page where the last post I read was (which is generally the last page)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:34 pm 

Ah, sorry, I understand now. That happens to me on the laptop as well at times. It's an irritating quirk of the servers bouncing requests between themselves, which there's not a lot we can do about unfortunately. Especially given we can't merge those servers onto a single machine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:21 pm 

Alright no worries, as I said it's only I minor thing, especially in the off season when there's not a lot to read anyway!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 pm 

Speaking of issues when browsing on phones.... I get the DMCA survey thing on my phone still, despite very much not being in South Africa. It also has a tendancy to log me out on every other page when browsing on Chrome, although it's entirely probably that is a cookie related problem on my end.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:53 am 

We've had cookie-related logout issues before, but not for a while. Try clearing them, see if that sorts the problem. If not, we'll look into it further.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:05 am 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Alright no worries, as I said it's only I minor thing, especially in the off season when there's not a lot to read anyway!

What mobile OS do you use and which browser?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:44 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:

What mobile OS do you use and which browser?

IOS (9.2.1 - latest one) & Chrome.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:13 pm 

I wonder why we always have to provide the source whenever we post an image? I sometimes forget and than I get a pm of a mod asking me to provide a source. Isn't the url source in the image tag enough?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:54 pm 

Amon wrote:
I wonder why we always have to provide the source whenever we post an image? I sometimes forget and than I get a pm of a mod asking me to provide a source. Isn't the url source in the image tag enough?

It was for me, but not for the site who emailed last year complaining we were 'stealing' their images and threatened to sue us.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:40 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Amon wrote:

It was for me, but not for the site who emailed last year complaining we were 'stealing' their images and threatened to sue us.

Very clear thank you, I'll do my best not to forget.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:01 pm 

Guys whats happening in the main P-F1 site? Its offline since days ago

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:38 pm 

nixxxon wrote:

Working fine for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:47 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
nixxxon wrote:

Working fine for me.

wtf??? The domain has changed from planet-f1.com to planetf1.com thats why I wasnt working (i had it on favorites)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:57 pm 

First I knew of a domain change, thanks for the heads-up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm 

It stopped working for two days for me as well. I was trying to access from the link on the main site.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:40 am 

The forum had some sort of tantrum, the technical explanation for which I've not yet been given. We've had at least one person lose some of their post count as well, so I'm not sure if there's an archive issue. I'm waiting to hear back now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:53 pm 

I had the same issue with the forum, the main site wasn't working either with the - between planet and F1 during the same time. I assumed it was another DNS issue like last time. Could suggest that 'planetf1.com' and 'planet-f1.com' actually point to 2 different servers in the array that the site runs on, and that one of those servers had a bit of an issue during that time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:04 am 

Having worked against these servers for a few years now, it wouldn't surprise me for a moment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:19 pm 

Bit late to the party, but think it was a DNS issue last week. I couldn't access the site at all but when I changed from using Google DNS to OpenDNS I was finally able to get the site back. No idea why Google DNS had issues

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:49 am 

Zoue wrote:
Bit late to the party, but think it was a DNS issue last week. I couldn't access the site at all but when I changed from using Google DNS to OpenDNS I was finally able to get the site back. No idea why Google DNS had issues

It was some larger issue. My carrier also couldn't resolve pf1 forum address for at least 1 day and it certainly isn't using Google DNS.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:49 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:
I had the same issue with the forum, the main site wasn't working either with the - between planet and F1 during the same time. I assumed it was another DNS issue like last time. Could suggest that 'planetf1.com' and 'planet-f1.com' actually point to 2 different servers in the array that the site runs on, and that one of those servers had a bit of an issue during that time.

Yes, when planet-f1.com (with the dash) gave me a DNS error, I remembered past problems and tried planetf1.com (without the dash) and got right in. I apologize, it didn't even occur to me to say something here in the feedback thread. It was just a natural reaction on my part based on vague memories of similar problems in the past.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:33 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
The forum had some sort of tantrum, the technical explanation for which I've not yet been given. We've had at least one person lose some of their post count as well, so I'm not sure if there's an archive issue. I'm waiting to hear back now.

But... but... our car countdown!

http://memegenerator.net/instance/64433225

:(

FA#14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:32 pm 

Was that affected?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:55 am 

Disappearing post alert. I posted in the Official Lewis Hamilton thread. Then in the Channel 4 thread.

The Channel 4 post went missing from the thread. When I search my recent posts it shows the Channel 4 post as having being posted in the Official Lewis Hamilton thread. When I click into it, the correct Lewis post comes up with no sign of the C4 post.

FA#14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:31 pm 

I'll notify the techies, thanks. Hope your post reappears in the meantime.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:25 pm 

Is the intention to put all IndyCar news and results in the '2016 IndyCar News'? I do like it when we can just go to one place for info!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:00 pm 

Herb wrote:
Is the intention to put all IndyCar news and results in the '2016 IndyCar News'? I do like it when we can just go to one place for info!

I don't doubt Placid will stay on top of doing that as he has in previous years. However, it's not a forum policy to restrict IndyCar to a single thread so I make no promises in this regard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:05 am 

Hello Mods, quick question.My comment on Alonso vs Herbert thread is somehow not showing up.Has it been deleted by you guys or is it some system error? Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:50 am 

LookButNeverStare wrote:
Hello Mods, quick question.My comment on Alonso vs Herbert thread is somehow not showing up.Has it been deleted by you guys or is it some system error? Thanks!!

I think you'll find it's in the Official Race thread.