planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: FEEDBACK THREAD
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:11 pm 

Good spot, LKS1, and thanks for saving me a hunt through the system.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:37 am 

My pleasure - it was just pure luck that I read this thread, immediately followed by the race thread!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:53 pm 

Blimey, the fun thread about Rosberg locked when all it needed was a title change which the mods have the power to do. Not that the title bothered me. Where's the fun gone from this page?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Asphalt_World wrote:
Blimey, the fun thread about Rosberg locked when all it needed was a title change which the mods have the power to do. Not that the title bothered me. Where's the fun gone from this page?

I did consider doing that but nearly all the comments in the thread were either questioning the embarrassment or saying the story wasn't news worthy. There wasn't a thread.

There is no problem with someone starting a new thread about it that isn't flamebait.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:06 pm 

Come on, it was all harmless. Even the OP wasn't exactly a dig. This forum is full of well meaning threads that turn up causing far more of an issue than that thread was.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 pm 

The OP was very much a dig. Granted, the rest of the thread was far more sensible, but start messing with the OP and the servers have a habit of throwing a tantrum for some reason. Also, as mcdo pointed out, it was pretty much the definition of a non-issue.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:31 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
The OP was very much a dig. Granted, the rest of the thread was far more sensible, but start messing with the OP and the servers have a habit of throwing a tantrum for some reason. Also, as mcdo pointed out, it was pretty much the definition of a non-issue.

:thumbup:

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:37 pm 

Hi all. Am I blind? I can't find the link to the forum from the Planet F1 homepage. Can someone tell me how to get from the home page to this forum please. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:03 pm 

jimmyj wrote:
Hi all. Am I blind? I can't find the link to the forum from the Planet F1 homepage. Can someone tell me how to get from the home page to this forum please. Thanks.

Top bar on the homepage, there's a tab labelled 'forum'.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:47 pm 

Ok I must be losing it. I used to see exactly that. About a month ago the home page appearance changed for me. Now it has an ad banner (ftv) across the top, then below that there is a horizontal banner about 1 inch high across the screen that has from left to right, a MENU icon (looks like should be a link but isn't), a search icon, the Planet f1 logo, then a NEWSLETTER SIGNUP/ enter email address box at the right. Below that are big grapic images of articles to read and so on.

Is the top bar you mention above the ftv ad?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:40 pm 

What I see is:

Advert banner
PF1 logo/newsletter signup
Links [Home / News / Teams & Drivers / Race Hub / Results Centre / Galleries / Features / Forum / Live / Shop]
Banner of team logos
Articles

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:57 pm 

Figured it out. My screen was set to zoom to 175%. It somehow hid the links. When I put the size back down to normal they are visible. Mystery solved!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:33 pm 

Good to know, jimmy :)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:35 am 

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this problem but the little symbol next to thread title seems to be playing up. Sometimes it's says the topic is locked (lock sign) but when I click into the thread it appears to be open. Not sure what's going on???
No big deal, just thought I would point it out.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:35 am 

Main PF1 site bugged, it doesnt load, gets stuck in some sort of infinite loop

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:45 pm 

I'm having a different problem, it keeps throwing me back to previous pages.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:47 pm 

I'll report these problems tomorrow, I don't know what days the techies are in the office. Besides, any problems should be picked up as articles go online.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:28 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
I'll report these problems tomorrow, I don't know what days the techies are in the office. Besides, any problems should be picked up as articles go online.

I just noticed that the problem happens only in Firefox.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:40 pm 

nixxxon wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

I just noticed that the problem happens only in Firefox.

Still worth bringing up, I think there's been some recent work done that is conflicting but I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:19 pm 

Mods are volunteers who therefore choose to do the job. They don't have to do it. I know because I did it for a number of years. I quit being a mod when 1 or 2 other of the mod team started moderating the forum to suit their own needs. I got a real bashing as a mod at times, but refrained from letting it alter the way I moderated. Other mods did not.

I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong, that I am the one who has openly disregarded a mod. I'm not sure why any mod on a forum, unless they personally pay/own the website or are employed to look after it, should be above criticism. If you are, then it looks like your word is in fact god, not mod!

I can't honestly see why the race thread was locked. It seems to me that a mod or mods have not liked being taken to task over something.

We can all have our opinions it appears, unless we dare to say something against a mod. That's democracy for you, or is that a dictatorship?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:16 pm 

The reply to the mod was addressed in the thread and since Turquoise never mentioned it other than a quick discussion with me about whether to post at all, I assumed that was the end of it from their perspective, so I left it at that. However, the proper means of challenging our actions were worth reminding people of because we do end up with derailed threads otherwise. It is the location, not the existance, of the challenge that was a problem.

The thread was locked because people are now intentionally misreading others' views so as to muddy the waters and attack them, leading to a load of reports for us to deal with in which all sides are in the wrong in the exact same way as what they reported others for. Then the cycle starts again. At that point a thread becomes redundant.

Short of personal attacks or threats, you can say what you like about any mods, as long as threads aren't derailed to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:27 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Mods are volunteers who therefore choose to do the job. They don't have to do it. I know because I did it for a number of years. I quit being a mod when 1 or 2 other of the mod team started moderating the forum to suit their own needs. I got a real bashing as a mod at times, but refrained from letting it alter the way I moderated. Other mods did not.

I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong, that I am the one who has openly disregarded a mod. I'm not sure why any mod on a forum, unless they personally pay/own the website or are employed to look after it, should be above criticism. If you are, then it looks like your word is in fact god, not mod!

I can't honestly see why the race thread was locked. It seems to me that a mod or mods have not liked being taken to task over something.

We can all have our opinions it appears, unless we dare to say something against a mod. That's democracy for you, or is that a dictatorship?

I always thought you ARE mod 8O

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:49 pm 

Not for many years. I quit the forum and deleted my account because some other mods were getting far too big for their boots and I couldn't do anything about it. That's why my registration date is not that many years old when in truth, I first registered on the forum back in 2006 I think it was. Possibly earlier. I rejoined once I found out the mods team had changed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:57 pm 

There's a pretty obvious account creation date for the last set of fallen mods who didn't already have an account to fall back on. Makes it fairly easy to work out why things were the way they were back then.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:43 pm 

I believe there's an old thread on the topic over in the off-topic forum, if I didn't delete it sometime. That might confirm one or two of your suspicions, Flash.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:44 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

Maybe he actually is....

Mod-ception :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:24 pm 

3.bp.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:47 pm 

I feel another headache coming on...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:32 pm 

As reported in the race thread, we are doing our best to keep on top of the server glitches. New members, if you're reading this, the admin panel is orders of magnitude worse than the forum right now, so activating new accounts is impossible. Will keep checking it every hour or so, but patience would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:33 pm 

I can only have nightmares about what is causing these kind of problems...

Sounds like amateur hour

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:59 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:
I can only have nightmares about what is causing these kind of problems...

Sounds like amateur hour

Looks like something pretty terminal in one of the servers to me, but I'm no techie. I'll see what Mod Silver has to say, he knows more than I do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:07 pm 

*walks in, gets white screen before logging in, gets bad formatting and more white screens.* ...well something's broken :)
As p-f1 said, it sounds like it could be an issue with one of the servers (as i can't remember how many there is) which could explain why it's not happening all the time at a guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:09 pm 

6 servers at last count, wouldn't surprise me in the least if we're running on 5 and a coffin right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:51 pm 

There's a thread that appears to have accidentally been posted to the games forum. Could do with moving to the main one.

"Is Di Resta being groomed to replace Brundle?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:58 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

Maybe he actually is....

Mod-ception :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Everyone can be mod. You, me, my mother? Who knows :lol: :-P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 pm 

Could you possible unlock the Apple F1 thread and move it to off-topic instead? It was a pretty active thread, but I admit F1 left the thread some time ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:04 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Could you possible unlock the Apple F1 thread and move it to off-topic instead? It was a pretty active thread, but I admit F1 left the thread some time ago.

I'm all for this, Mac vs PC is probably the only more hotly contested thing on here than Hamilton vs Rosberg :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:12 am 

Sure thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:09 am 

Anyone else have issues clicking links on this forum when using a phone or other touch screen device? The problem I'm having on my phone is that more often than not, the site takes me to a completely different thread to the one I clicked. And. It's. Driving. Me. Crazy.

It may be browser related but this is literally the only site I'm having this problem on. Guessing it's something to do with the ads and the browser being slow to adapt to its size.

I have a LG G5 (android).

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:45 am 

Same happening to me o a touchscreen laptop - I think it's just the effect of having tiny buttons. I've complained about it a few times over the years but nothing seems to change.