All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:12 pm 

Altair wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Altair wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
It's derailed threads in the past, and certain users seem to be doing things specifically to attract our attention.

I was told to stop bashing Mercedes.

I now congratulate Mercedes, told to stop that.

Just stop talking about Mercedes?

Man, just quit while you're ahead. Just read P-F1 mod's signature...

This season is one of constant adjustments.

I'll adjust my posts for the next race.

:D

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

I am locking this thread while I tidy up the post to put it back on topic.

A few points to consider while I do this:
  • as F1 fans, we the mods are trying to enjoy the race and the post race coverage as well, and having to deal with things in the forum takes time away from our enjoyment of the race weekend. The first comment I made in reply to Altair and TedStriker's exchange was directed at both of them, as it was the startings of an derailing off topic exchange
  • this type of mod interaction is not a formal warning, it's just telling people to mind the discourse they have having
  • sarcasm isn't banned, neither are jokes. This isn't about one ingredient that was wrong, but what it was a recipe for in this particular case

Post subject: Re: FEEDBACK THREAD
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 pm 

Thank you for doing the messy work, Aqua, it's appreciated.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm 

Does anyone have an issue accessing the forum when using 4G? I very often get a page cannot be displayed message or if the page does load it takes a while. Not sure its anything to do with signal as most other websites are fine. Not a major issue but just something I'd noticed.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:33 pm 

JN23 wrote:
Does anyone have an issue accessing the forum when using 4G? I very often get a page cannot be displayed message or if the page does load it takes a while. Not sure its anything to do with signal as most other websites are fine. Not a major issue but just something I'd noticed.

4G has higher latency (well, a higher standard deviation on its latency), and this forum - thanks to the adverts - has a ton of external script files to load in, so if one of these hangs it can cause pages to load much more slowly. It can start loading in the HTML but if the scripts are deferred (which I don't believe they are) then it will interrupt the processing of the HTML until that script file has been loaded. This means if an advertiser's server is slow, the page will start to load and then stop while it loads in the advertiser's javascript.

However, i assume you are noticing it is more pronounced that other websites?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

4G has higher latency (well, a higher standard deviation on its latency), and this forum - thanks to the adverts - has a ton of external script files to load in, so if one of these hangs it can cause pages to load much more slowly. It can start loading in the HTML but if the scripts are deferred (which I don't believe they are) then it will interrupt the processing of the HTML until that script file has been loaded. This means if an advertiser's server is slow, the page will start to load and then stop while it loads in the advertiser's javascript.

Yeah, it's basically this forum and another forum I use. Any other websites I use seem to work fine.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

JN23 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

Yeah, it's basically this forum and another forum I use. Any other websites I use seem to work fine.

This is unfortunately not something that we moderators have powers to change - webforums usually are littered with external files for advertisers and other stuff, and I suspect that it is what is causing your problem. They also do tend to be quite mark up heavy (this template is chock full of tables within tables within tables. Viewing it with the web inspector is a nightmare!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

I have added the option to colour rows / cells, but including a colour code inside the tag:

COLUMN 1Column 2.Column 3
R1 C1R1 C2R1 C3
R2 C1R2 C2R2 C3
R3 C1R3 C2R3 C3

Code:
[row=#ff0000] ... row code .. [/row]
[cell=#00ffff] Cell Data [/cell]

Cell colour will override row colour if both are specified.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:14 pm 

Mod Aqua wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

This is unfortunately not something that we moderators have powers to change - webforums usually are littered with external files for advertisers and other stuff, and I suspect that it is what is causing your problem. They also do tend to be quite mark up heavy (this template is chock full of tables within tables within tables. Viewing it with the web inspector is a nightmare!

I didn't think it would be, was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Thanks to you and Alienturnedhuman for the explanation :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:29 am 
Site Admin

Sortable Tables!

Click on a column header to sort by it. Click again to reverse the sort order of that column.

DriverTeamCar NumberGridRace
LewisMerc4421
BottasMerc7712
MaxRed Bull3343
SebFerrari534

To do this, just create a table, but change the stand and end [table] tags to [sortabletable] - the first row will be the header rows and not included in the sort - as above.

If all the of the values of a column (excluding header) are a number, or blank (or a single dash -) then these will be treated as a numerical column and sorted according to their number value. All other columns will be sorted alphanumerically (so 33 would appear before 4, if the column contained non number cells)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:25 am 

Mod Aqua wrote:
Sortable Tables!

Click on a column header to sort by it. Click again to reverse the sort order of that column.

DriverTeamCar NumberGridRace
LewisMerc4421
BottasMerc7712
MaxRed Bull3343
SebFerrari534

To do this, just create a table, but change the stand and end [table] tags to [sortabletable] - the first row will be the header rows and not included in the sort - as above.

If all the of the values of a column (excluding header) are a number, or blank (or a single dash -) then these will be treated as a numerical column and sorted according to their number value. All other columns will be sorted alphanumerically (so 33 would appear before 4, if the column contained non number cells)

Nice! Thank you mod

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Has anyone been using the autotrim quote feature?

if so, has it worked correctly every time? Or has anyone experienced any bugs?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:25 pm 

Mod Aqua wrote:
Has anyone been using the autotrim quote feature?

if so, has it worked correctly every time? Or has anyone experienced any bugs?

I've used it quite often and it seems to work well for me.