planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 am 

Long time reader and have been following F1 since I was a child. I am Australian. I support the Aussie F1 drivers out of patriotism although I generally like Dan's driving style.

I also support Kimi as he is a great racer and quick.

The team I support is Ferrari since I was a young lad but I am no Alonso fan. Massa has lost his way a little and is genuinely a nice chap so I hope he does well.

Because it always comes up Ham or But, I don't like either, Hamilton is fast but only wins from 1st with an abysmal win:pole ratio and Button is slow but has decent race pace he hasn't proved himself to be a WDC imho. Plus I have always been a Ferrari fan so I despise Mclaren.

As for Vet I have to hate him being both a Ferrari fan and an Australian. Also being an F1 fan means I have to hate a drinks team. I do think Vet is quick and he is pretty funny and friendly guy and yeah he might whine when he doesn't win but so do I!

I hope Ros does better than Lewis as he did last time they were team mates. I think Nico is a little underestimated and I hope he manages to do better than Keke (who is also a great guy for his support of young F1 drivers who struggle with sponsors).

As for pay drivers I am undecided and most are very skillful there is no denying Mal in GP2. However I think the problem with the younger "pay drivers" is there rise through GP2 which favours the bold and dangerous and that is more to blame than pay drivers.

In summary

Top Team Driver : RAI and WEB (I think his time is up)
Top Team : Ferrari

Mid Team Driver : RIC and HUL
Mid Team : Williams

However I do change who I want to win the WDC depending on how drivers are going.

e.g Ham deserved to do better last year but didn't deserve WDC in 08 etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 am 

Tufty wrote:
Erm... I don't recall now, I think a couple of people did. Within a fortnight the role had fallen to me!

Well, in that case, Tufty, welcome to the madhouse :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm 

Hi all,

Caught the F1 'bug' during the 2009 season and been an avid watcher since then. It's now one of my main interests and thought I'd join a Forum to chat with some like minded people :)

Mostly a JB fan but support mostly the British drivers & constructors but also a mild Raikkonen, Rosberg & Webber fan.

Hopefully attending the German Grand Prix this year too :D (finances depending)

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 pm 

:lol: Thanks DrG!

Welcome to the MadHouse, ooan91 and IcedHendrix!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:16 am 

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster even though i signed up months ago. Felt compelled to join, do also post on the main site but decided to join the grown ups. I'll nail my Hamilton colours to the mast although it's a long story I'll bore you another time with it, but I am a man of reason I look forward to a debate or 2 and a good F1 2013 season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:15 pm 

Welcome to the MadHouse :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:15 pm 

Hi all. Been following F1 for about 8 years now. Favourite driver is Hamilton/Rosberg and Jules Bianchi seems to be winning me over aswell. Also a regular Karter owner/driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm 

Hello everyone. I'm 20 years old from Cairo, Egypt. I used to watch F1 with my older brother during the Schumi/Hakkinen days. Strayed away from the sport during my high school days, but on one hot afternoon I came back from college and turned on the TV to find an F1 race being broadcasted live. It was the 2010 Korean GP. Since that day I haven't missed a single race, and only a few practice sessions; I caught the F1 bug again.

I'm a casual Ferrari fan, but you could say a fan of the sport in general. Looking forward to some interesting discussions, meeting new people, and adding to my F1 experience :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm 

Hi
Runningman67 from Manchester. Thanks for having me. Dental technician and musician 45 and enjoying the forum :thumbup:

I am old enough to finally watch f1 races all the way through without feeling guilty, and I finally appreciate whats going on. Favourite driver of all time, Mansell. Current favourite, I sort of like them all, it's a great crop of drivers at the moment IMO but there is no master, like Senna or Schu. Maybe that is a good thing. Lewis and Vettle maybe have that potential.
Anyway, i'm a newbie, so what do I know :blush:

I'm planning on going to my first GP in 2014 8). Saving the pennies and counting the days already.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 pm 

Hi everyone

Im 29 and from Biggleswade and only just come across this forum and would love to get involved and talk about my passion 'F1' I was born and bred in Stevenage still work there but moved afield 2 years ago my old family home was 5 minutes away from Lewis Hamilton and we have mutual friends and even when he was younger hes always been famous for his karting and Blue Peter apperances.

I caught the F1 bug at a very young age my heros were Senna, Mansell, Hill and Schumacher my favourite car was always Ferrari as theres something about Red racing cars but at this moment Im 100% Lewis Hamilton in my opinion hes in the top 3 on the grid along with Alonso and Kimi.

Looking forward to joining in and talking F1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:15 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:16 pm 

Hi, I've been an f1 fan for about 13 years, following Jenson and Fernando. I mostly follow Lewis these days due to his driving style and personality. I love the sport for it's tech and competition between great teams and drivers. Looking forward to joining in with some sensible and well thought out discussions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:10 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:54 am 

Hi, I've been reading the forum throughout last season, but I finally decided to register in case I feel like voicing my opinion on some matters. :) Last season was also the first season of me becoming interested in F1, but since then I've been following actively.

I'm 25 years old Finn (just turned yesterday), and I'm an IT student in university. I'm a fan of Räikkönen, but I also kind of like Massa, Grosjean and Vettel (in no particular order).

Nice to meet you all, and hopefully my voice will be greeted with benevolence :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 am 

Hey folks! Wandered in here after wondering what happened to the comments on the website. Love it already! I am very late to F1 (a few years ago) but have been enjoying it immensely! The history, the cars, the drivers, the teams, the tracks... loving it. This forum has been thoroughly enjoyable and educational so far, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 pm 

hello all! I was a member here more than 3 years ago till Raikkonen was racing.. Huge Raikkonen fan here and he was the reason I watched F1.. didnt see much point in following the sport so closely once he was gone. I was so glad to see him back in the sport last year and I didnt think he would be able to do much in what, I thought, was a simply not a front running team. Still cant believe he finished every race last year.. That is simply amazing! I think he has more of a chance this year.

I dont remember my old account.. was such a long time ago. So here I am with this new id and looking forward to great discussions with you guys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 pm 

Hi All,

Well as it looks like the comments section is as dead as "that squirrel", then I figured why not?

So, long term fan - I've been avidly following F1 since Nigel Mansell first drove for Williams - so I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly through those years.

I am a long term Mclaren fan; however they don't make it easy, and they are well and truly on the naughty step for me.
I have a soft spot for Marussia as they are everyones whipping boys and I'm a Rotherham boy - besides, I remember when Red Bull started as Stewart.

I like Lewis, Nando, Kimi so generally have happy Sundays (while suffering watching McLaren throw it away. Again.)
Have to admit a general antipathy toward Ferrari.

Anyway, I'm interested to see if there is more level headed debate to be had on the forums!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm 

Hi Everyone,
Obviously a Ferrari Fan
originally from Mexico City , so of course, i will follow Perez and Gutierrez..

I have followed F1 since 1972 -1973 ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 am 

Hi Peeps!

Please allow me to introduce myself, however I do recognise a few of the names on here from other forums... My name is Vince and I live in Nairn, about 13 miles to the East of Inverness. I am the sales manager for a vending company and have worked here for just over 14 years.

My boss is Dave Newsham, and for those of you who follow other forms of motorsport, you might recognise his name as he currently drives in the BTCC. His first race of the season is this weekend at Brands where he will be competing with his new team, Speedworks in the blue and white Toyota Avensis. If you're interested, it's covered live on ITV4 from about 11am...

With regards to F1, I am a huge fan and have been for many years following Mansell and Damon Hill at the time - and now Button, Hammy and anyone else that thrills me - Kimi is another that I like...

Anyway - good to meet you all... I look forward to many discussions in the future. 8)

Just wondering - how do I edit my profile, etc?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:04 pm 

Editing your profile is done via the User Control Panel link at the top-right of your page.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm 

Cheers Tufty!

Every good wish...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 pm 

Hi - new forum user from Derry.

First grand prix I watched properly start to finish was the epic Monaco '92, been hooked ever since.

Favourite past driver - Jean Alesi and Ayrton Senna.

Favourite current driver - Kimi Raikkonen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am 

Hi everyone.

I've been an F1 fan since 1994, with the first race I remember watching being that fateful race in Imola (I don't remember that much, really - I was only 9 - but I remember seeing the overhead shots after the crash). I have always been a Schumacher fan. It started off because my Dad was a Damon Hill fan and I wanted to support someone else... It led to a few arguments as you can imagine!!

Anyway, when Schumi retired in 2006 I quickly became a Lewis Hamilton fan and then Sebastian Vettel... Although I've started to go off him and this last weekend has really put me off. I don't really support any team (it's always been whoever Schumacher raced for), but this season I'm really liking Kimi and as such, Lotus are my team this year.

I think Vettel will win the Championship again this season, but Ferrari will take the Constructors' crown.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am 

hi all,

i've joined the community to hopefully learn a little bit more about the f1. my knowledge is so-so. i am organising a surprise bucks party for a friend who is crazy about the f1 in brasil this year so i'm trying to learn all i can.

glad to be a member.

thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am 

Welcome to the MadHouse! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 pm 

Hei Guys,

Finally I had the time to join this crazy busy community!

I have been following F1 since I was a teenager, did some go kart racing and other stuff back in Europe.

Favorite drivers currently - Vettel, Rosberg, and somewhat Kimi.

Past favorite drivers - Shumacher, Villeneuve, Senna

Regards,
gtchamp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:59 pm 

& Am I In The Madhouse!!!!!!Long Time Fan Of Jordan/Force India & Formula 1.....Had Been A Silent Reader Of PF1 Forum & Now Finally Will Be Participating In Exciting Topics!!!!MODS Thanks For Accepting My Request!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:35 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 pm 

Watching F1 since 1993 and been lurking on here for a long while. Only missed about 3 or 4 races since then :)

Just registered today as I very occasionally want to contribute!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 pm 

Hi everyone,

Like most others, I've been referring to this forum for a while, but haven't thought about signing up (until now lol). Massive Hamilton fan here, can't say I'm really dedicated to a team though.

Hope to chat to you guys soon :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:36 am 

Hi,

I found this forum while watching the last race and thought it was pretty cool and that I could learn a lot here so I joined.

I've been watching F1 for a couple of years now, but never regularly and decided to watch every races this year.
I'm a big fan of Lewis Hamilton since his beginning and always been a fan of Rosberg too.
Also like Vettel and Raikonnen.

By the way I'm french canadian so my english can be weird sometimes ;)