planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:30 am 

Welcome to the MadHouse :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:32 am 

Good morning everyone, Happy Race Day!!

Well firstly, Hello! I'm Clare and a Planet F1 virgin. This is my first post :?

A little about me... (The boring bit) I'm a 32 year old married mum of 2, I drive a pink Seat Ibiza which has pink eyelashes, pink everything else and Daisy Alloy wheels "It keeps me happy" :D

(Now the not so boring bit) I Love the F1, watched it for many years but became more into it and a follower for the last 5 years! I'm a Lewis & Jenson fan and was am for Team McLaren, however i have to follow Lewis too. Which means McLarens loss is Mercedes/Petronas gain! :thumbup:
Im not too fussed about facts and figures, crossing all the T's and dotting all the i's. I like what i like and know what i know

I also love the Moto GP, Casey Stoner!! Wow what a rider and i miss him already from the sport! Cal Crutchlow is who i support! He's British and my heart lies with the Brits! I am however glad that Rossi has been given the chance to shine again after leaving Ducati!!

So thats my first post... Wasnt as hard as i thought it would be, look out for me and my posts, there will be plenty!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:03 am 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 am 

Can I ask what's the photo competition?
Ive clicked the link and i see pics of tyres but it reads as tho this comp is expired!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:11 am 

Oops, I forgot to update the link again. This month's in off-topic near the top, so check it out :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:13 am 

so is it too late to post? saying that, how on earth do you post an image ha ha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 am 

Not too late, just too late for the tyres one.

Upload an image to an image hosting site such as Imageshack, which will give you a web address to copy it elsewhere. Put it between [ img ] and [ /img ] without the spaces and it should work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm 

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member from Toronto, Canada and I have been watching F1 for almost 20 years. Naturally, I cheered on Villeneuve in the mid to late 90s and it was great to see a Canadian take the championship. However, It's too bad his career went in reverse.

As for right now, Surprisingly I find myself cheering on Vettel (blast me if you want). He has that burning desire to win at any cost that reminds me of some of the greats in F1. Ultimately though, I'm a fan of the sport and I really want good racing.

I'm looking forward to the Montreal Grand Prix and hearing the V8's one last time.

Cheers,

Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 pm 

Hi all I've been looking on the forum for such a long time and have today decided to join.
I've been into F1 since I was little, I suppose the fast cars racing around a circuit did it. :lol:
Favourite drivers
Schumi
Vettel
Kimi
Senna
Montoya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 pm 

my first visit here.

Please take good care of me =P

Waiting for post approval, cant wait to interact with you guys =D

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:16 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 pm 

Long time lurker, early sixties, support all Brits drivers, fan of all good hard racers, but favourite for the past eight years Alonso, been to a few races abroad, going to my home race next week, which is now in Spain.
Have a good season whoever you support Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:30 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:25 pm 

Hi all:

I'm a Canuck from Vancouver.

Love F1, been watching since before we could watch F1 here lol (early '70s). Had to follow it in magazines and the odd Wide World of Sports broadcast.

I like all the drivers, present and past. They've all brought me so much enjoyment, what's not to like?

Favourite current drivers in order are Jenson Button, KR/SV/LH, NR/NH/SP.

Favourite retired drivers in order Gilles (Canadian of course! :) ), Schumi/Senna, Clark (watched him win Indy...guess I'm pretty old!), Fangio, Nuvolari.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone about F1.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:36 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:35 pm 

Hello^^

I'm Sally, new here... I start knowing about F1 since Hakkinen vs Schumi era. At that time, i'm a totally Hakkinen and Mclaren fan. And then, here come another Finish "Kimi Raikkonen" in Sauber 2001. Then... my history started.. I just love his sheer speed and his just do it philosophy. Nothing can ever affect him and never talking fairy cakes. lol..

Last year with Kimi on the grid again, the F1 season become more entertaining (you know what i mean)... "Leave me alone, i know what i'm doing" quote become sensationally epic.. So, i'm really looking forward 2013 season and personally went to Sepang (Malaysia) to witness it.

Anyway, glad to be part of this forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:15 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 pm 

Hey Gang,

F1 fan from the States here. I've been into F1 for the past 15 seasons and go to the Canadian GP every year. I'm psyched for 2013 and am pulling for Lotus and Kimi (or anyone but Red Bull and Vettel). Mostly I root for just some good racing. I'm doing a podcast about F1 with a few friends about F1 from the US fans perspective. Feel free to check it out on the link in my sig. It's tough being an F1 in the US. Besides Canada, US, and Brazil all the races are either very early in the morning or very late in the night. To deal with that one has to be a real fanatic. I look forward to chatting with you all.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:32 am 

Welcome to the MadHouse! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:59 am 

Hello all

This is my first post. I have been looking at this forum for a while now and decided to join for the pick 10 comp which I want to join as well as discussing the world of F1. I support both Aussie and Ferrari drivers as well as the lotus drivers (most of the time), Hulkenburg and Bianchi. I also enjoy watching old videos of Mika vs Schumacher, Senna vs Prost and Gilles Villeneuve. Michael Schumacher however is the driver I idolise most and in my opinion is the greatest driver to race in F1. Im Looking forward to discussing F1 with everyone.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 pm 

Hello,
I've been watching F1 off and on since Senna was in a Black JPS Lotus, but was just a youngster at the time. I started watching with more commitment around 1997 living in Canada with Villeneuve's title challenge and have been hooked since. There aren't many drivers I don't like, but Schumi has definitely been a fave.

I've watched just about every Qualy and Race since 2004 when I finally got a PVR (living in North America and drinking rather heavily on the week-ends when they never repeated broadcasts made it difficult to stay awake at 7~8am if I did make it up).

I've attended every Montreal GP since my first F1 race in 2001 and have sat front row at the hairpin (Grandstand 21) since 2004. It's one of my favourite weekends of the year. Love that we finally get F1 in HD, dislike that NA fans keep getting shafted by no Blu-ray version of the Season Review but solved that problem by buying an Orei region free Blu-ray player and importing the Blu-ray discs from Amazon UK.

For this year I'm rooting on Alonso or Kimi to win, but wouldn't mind seeing Button take some more wins either. I do like both Vettel and Hamilton as well, they are feisty and that's fun to watch.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm 

Hi there,

as this thread suggests, I'm a new member to this forum, but I am a long time visitor to the site. As my user name suggests, I'm from Norfolk the original home of Team Lotus. Current favourite team..... er its a toss up between McLaren and Williams. Williams were my first love as started watching F1 in the very late 80's / early 90's, but Button is currently my favourite driver and would love to see him finish his career at a resurgent Williams.

I am currently totally confused about how to post anything on the forum, its taken me half an hour to work out hoe to do this. Any and all advise greatly received.

Look forward to chatting with you all soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:16 pm 

Another newbie here.

29 year old girl from Ireland. I have been watching F1 since the mid 90s and was a huge fan of Schumacher and Ferrari. Since then I've found myself warming to Lotus and Raikkonen's style in particular. Really enjoying this season so far and I thought it would be nice to have somewhere to chat about Formula 1 in general.

:)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 am 

Hey Planet-F1 forumers :D

I'm a recent fan of F1 from Australia. Started following F1 seriously from the 2012 season, watching every race live, even if the times were horrendous... Looked into the history of F1 during before that time and I was hooked onto it. I don't really have a favourite driver, as I like watching drivers come from behind to win, no matter who it is. However, if I had to pick one, it'd be Raikkonen.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:06 am 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 pm 

hi Europe friends im from lao how are you im find thank you :D

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:25 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:02 pm 

Hi All!

New guy here at the PF1 Forum from Denmark :)

I'm 24 years old and I follow F1 as much as I can, working as Design Engineer at Danish Wind Turbine manufacture Vestas, so I'm also very interested in the technical part of F1.

Watching Hakkinen drive when I was a kid made me a McLaren fan :)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 am 

Post subject: Newcomer to F1!
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:49 pm 

I'm 33, work in the semiconductor industry, and would really like to get into F1 racing. BUT - I know I have much to learn so please be patient with any "noob" questions...

Thanks for having me!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:31 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:17 am 

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've only been watching F1 for a couple of years. My room mate at university got me into it and I've never looked back, I'm still a massive noob though. I look forward to chatting with you all!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:38 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:58 am 

hey my name is Shojol..i am a new student here in GErmany, i am an F1 fan since 2002. i look forward to be a part of this madness!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:20 pm