planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 pm 

Welcome Kismet :)

Initiations are at 3pm sharp behind the bicycle shed. Bring your own goat and black robe please.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:41 pm 

Nephilist wrote:
Welcome Kismet :)

Initiations are at 3pm sharp behind the bicycle shed. Bring your own goat and black robe please.

Even I'm not that cruel!! Right, I'm leaving Rachie in charge of welcoming members!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:58 pm 

Hello to all

Been following the forum for a while now and want to join the club.
Schumi and Alonso topping my list of current favorite drivers.

Here's to a great 2012 season!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 pm 

I think I've got the hang of this now (until Tufty's got his laptop in working order again that is!)

'Welcome to the MadHouse! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:31 am 

Well ive finally been accepted as a member here and I'm liking what seems to be a fair amount off free speech, lively debate if not full on warfare :) a busy forum with many posting and plenty of differences of opinion. keep up the good and hope to be around a long while.

Ooops I forget you have to mention golden boy, yeah I think he should have apologised. ;)

been an F1 fan since the James Hunt era and boy was it good then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:47 pm 

Hi guys,

I'm new here, and I would like to introduce myself. I am Julia, 22 years old, and living in Hungary. I'm learning in a University now, I will soon finish my studies in Master degree. My hobby is to design helmets and also to paint them. If you are interested, you could pm me, or just visit my site for more information. (check my profile)

I am a huge F1 fan since 2000. I cannot stop watching F1. I also like other sports, like football or tennis.

Its good to be here with you guys!

Julia

Last edited by Barthdesigns on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:46 pm 

Hello All,
Akshay from India, the latest addition to the Formula One destinations. Been browsing this forum for a while, mostly through links posted in an Indian Auto Forum. So finally decided to take the plunge and join P-F1. I am a techie, with huge interest in racing and military history and aircraft.
Hope I have a good time will all you guys and get a chance to enhance my limited knowledge.

LH and Senna are my favorite drivers and I dont hate Prost :)

Last edited by akshay380 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 pm 

Welcome to the MadHouse guys! :D Sure you'll fit right in!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:50 am 

Hiya, new to the forum but have been addicted to Formula 1 for 4+ years (since I designed a part for Red Bull's RB5 & RB6). Now, all I breath, sleep, or think is F1, lol. BTW, don't ask where the part went or what it does as I will not divulge that info. Anything to keep my favorite team on top! Of course, Vettel is my favorite driver, though Alonso does come a close second and Button a not too distant third. Looking forward to the next race, hopefully with better RBR results! BTW, I'm an MSME (Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo) in case anyone wants a truly technical discussion. My emphasis was on FEA and vibration/harmonic analysis. I currently teach college part time and dream of working in F1 one day. I hail from Pismo Beach, California, about as close to English weather as you can get in CA, so a move across the pond wouldn't phase me weather-wise, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:37 pm 

Welcome to the MadHouse all!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 pm 

Hi long term F1 fan and fan of anything British, especially McLaren all British team (Inc engine Illmore)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:14 am 

Welcome to the MadHouse :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 am 

Hi All,

Another newbie here. I've watched formula 1 for years but definitely don't claim to be any kind of expert. It would be nice to see a Mclaren win the WDC - which driver I don't mind.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:21 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:04 pm 

Hey Guys,

Long time F1 fan since probably around the James Hunt, Lauda, era. Not a technophobe, but enjoy all the chat and gossip around the pro's and cons of what each team brings to the grid. Im a JB fan oddly enough, and support the team wherever he has a seat. Was always supportive of the McLaren move, mainly because of the timing. Maturity comes to us all at different times, that time is now for JB and hes making the best of it.

Overall, Im just a fan who enjoys the sport, has a favourite and respects all others.

I do have a rather opinionated view at times, so please forgive me for that, but after having read the forum for some time now, it would appear that I have my work cut out to make Q3!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:08 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:30 pm 

Hi Everyone!
My hobby is F1, so I`d like to divide my minds with you.
Cheers!
Marta.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:43 pm 

Because new users seem to be eager posting here, so will I.

I'm another one of those crazy Finns, and have been watching F1 since sometime in 2000 (at the time, I was roughly five years old).
Since then, I've watched every GP I could, and followed F1 reasonably actively. Very early in this year an even greater interest sparked, and after a while I arrived here - now registered.

You'll most likely find me supporting Räikkönen, Button or someone suddenly performing above their usual level. I try to remain as objective as possible though - just because I don't like driver X doesn't mean I have to think they'll fail because driver Y comes from 16 spots behind on the grid to pass them!
Still, when Minardi was still around, I always wanted to see them score...

That will probably do for an introduction.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:54 pm 

hi all

long time lurker finally deciding to post

I'm Lana, 28, from England. following Formula 1 since 1994 and my favourite drivers are Webber, Button, Alonso and Raikkonen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:57 pm 

Welcome to the MadHouse all!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 am 

G'day

Been reading this forum for awhile and have decided to join in.
I'm from Australia and have been watching since I can remember. Use to
Built cars out of duplo and race them around the floor while the racing was on tv (I don't anymore I'm 31 now).
Anyhow I hope to participate in healthy discussions on this forum in the future.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:09 am 

I'm 19 and I still play with cars... er, wait, forget that... Welcome to the MadHouse! :D

Post subject: Interduction;
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:15 pm 

:blush:
Tufty wrote:
I'm 19 and I still play with cars... er, wait, forget that... Welcome to the MadHouse! :D
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Welcome to the Planet-F1 Forum.

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to the forum. Perhaps tell everyone which driver or team you support.

The forum is divided into two areas;

The Planet F1 Chat or the "On Topic" forum where discussions about all types of motorsport happen. From F1 to MotoGP you'll find lively threads on it here.

The Planet F1 "Off Topic" forum for the discussion of movies, music, entertainment.....basically anything that hasn't got an engine.

So before you start, please take some time to read the forum rules and guidelines for new members located in the sticky thread on the front page of the forum.

And then get busy posting!

Regards,

The Planet F1 Moderation Team

Post subject: Re: Interduction;
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 am 

f1newboy wrote:
:blush:
Tufty wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Welcome to the Planet-F1 Forum.

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to the forum. Perhaps tell everyone which driver or team you support.

The forum is divided into two areas;

The Planet F1 Chat or the "On Topic" forum where discussions about all types of motorsport happen. From F1 to MotoGP you'll find lively threads on it here.

The Planet F1 "Off Topic" forum for the discussion of movies, music, entertainment.....basically anything that hasn't got an engine.

So before you start, please take some time to read the forum rules and guidelines for new members located in the sticky thread on the front page of the forum.

And then get busy posting!

Regards,

The Planet F1 Moderation Team

:lol:

I was joking...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am 

Hi I'm Lisa total f1 geek new to this though u can follow me on twitter @misssyschumi 😉

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:39 pm 

Welcome to the MadHouse Lisa :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:13 am 

Hi Everyone,

Been lurking on the old forum for a while, but could never get an account to be activated to join in the fun :x. New forum seems to have solved that though :)

I'm from Australia, and lost interest in F1 a while ago during the 'schumi' years, but started watching again in 2009. Loving it!

Supporting Webbo and Ricciardo (of course) and also Super Jenson, Kimi, Kobayashi, The Hulk, Heikki. Teams probably McLaren, Sauber, Caterham.

Cheers,

Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:08 am 

I bet the problem on the old forum was the rule about not having free email addresses. That seems to have caught a lot of people out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:52 pm 

Probably. Annoying however as my email is not free, but at least its working now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 pm 

Hi all :]
been visiting the forum for some time now
and decided to join in
looking forward to posting and sharing my thoughts and ideas with all of you
cheers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 pm 

Hi guys...

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Been snooping around for a while and have decided to participate.

Thanks - Dan :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:48 pm 

Welcome to the MadHouse all!!

To save more people getting confused, I noticed the mods are clearing all new posters off the delayed post list this evening.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:21 pm 

Hi Im smersh been aware of f1 since 1994 been hooked ever since but my mum used to put me in the lounge with my dad watching it because the engine noise made me sleep :D this year is looking to be interesting though i can't ever recall the marbles being so bad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:17 am 

Hi all,

Long time lurker and previous member of ITVF1 forum. Recently made homeless from old forum so need a new place to hang.

Teams: I like McLaren, Williams, Caterham and assorted underdogs. I don't like Ferrari and I'm going off RedBull.

Drivers: I like Hamilton, Button, DiResta, Kobayashi and assorted entertaining drivers. I don't like the whining petulant Alonso, I'm rapidly going off "the finger" Vettel and really don't like the idea of 3rd rate pay drivers.

I'll be upfront and say some people will consider me quite controversial, I can be quite vocal sometimes but I do enjoy heated debates and the occasional flame on but I can play well with others. :twisted:

CtB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:00 am 

hiyas,
same as most ppl, ive been lurking for awhile but have decided to join in the fun. Been an F1 fan ever since i was dragged kicking and screaming to to the 86 adelaide GP as a 4 year old :smug: .......and obviously my favourite driver is mark webber....but also throw dan ricciardo in aswell, not just because he is an aussie, but because he used to be the little smart pickle 11 year old who lived across the road from me :proud:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:02 am 

hiyas,
same as most ppl, ive been lurking for awhile but have decided to join in the fun. Been an F1 fan ever since i was dragged kicking and screaming to to the 86 adelaide GP as a 4 year old :smug: .......and obviously my favourite driver is mark webber....but also throw dan ricciardo in aswell, not just because he is an aussie, but because he used to be the little smart pickle 11 year old who lived across the road from me :proud:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:48 am 

Hey All,

Been following this forum for a long time now and decided to get of the fence and join in.

Favourite Drivers: Webber , Alonso, Riccardo, Button

Have been following since back in the senna prost days when i used to sit there with my dad till the wee hours watching (and falling asleep some times (Family Trait..lol) :lol:

Loving this year and look forward to some great debates on here..

Thanks for having me.. :D :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:39 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:54 am 

Hey guys, I actually signed up a while back but was mostly an observer... but I thought now I might join in on a few things :D

Be gentle, it's my first time!