Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:40 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
IDrinkYourMilkshake wrote:
I'm DOLOMITE, this is my new account. I hope you people remember me. :D

Ah, what the hell. I'm kidding. Long time lurker, now member. :-P

Wasn't this Eurytus's little tag beside his username on the old forum...?

It was indeed. For reasons that may therefore be entirely unfair on this member, I'm keeping an eye on the account.

If our suspicions are wrong, I apologise now.

Can I ask why he was banned the last time? He seemed to be very 'active' in most discussions on the old forum before the banhammer came down.

Sorry if this breaks the rules in itself :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:46 pm 

Muulka wrote:
Can I ask why he was banned the last time? He seemed to be very 'active' in most discussions on the old forum before the banhammer came down.

Sorry if this breaks the rules in itself :lol:

See the thread in off topic asking the same question :wink:

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm 

Nosebuckle wrote:
G'day from surprisingly sunny Ohio. I've been poking around here for a few months after I stumbled on PF1 looking for an F1 news site. My background in motorsport is disjointed; my father has worked most of his life for Honda in the states so I got into the CART series in the early 90s, and I now find it funny that at the time, I believed F1 to be an inferior series (I was probably around 8 when I concluded this). The CART/IRL debacle in 1996 effectively ended my enthusiasm for the sport and really forgot about motorsport altogether since about 2000, somewhat ironically as I was lucky to attend the first GP at Indianapolis the next year, my first and unfortunately only GP to date. I'm not sure but for some reason I began to tune into F1 near the end of 2009 and then really got back into it last season from the Canadian GP on. With no Americans in the field and with this likely to be so for some time, I haven't really a team or driver to cheer for other than for competitive races. That said, I do hope Honda gets back into the F1 circus, even if only as an engine supplier - this would greatly enhance my opportunity to score tickets to future US GPs.

Welcome! Always nice to meet more people from Ohio!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm 

Hey, i´m from Mexico.

Nice to read you all, i have been a long time fanatic for F1.

See you around

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:46 pm 

hi there i'm Ja'a.

i start watching f1 more than a decade ago..

always rooting for steady drivers who were able to give hard time to top drivers..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:01 pm 

I was registered on the old forum as dbfinch, but only posted sporadically, and mostly just in the Pick 10 competition. Fancied a new username to go with the new forum, as well as the intention to post a little more frequently!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:52 pm 

long time lurker and since the forum reset, figured why not post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 pm 

Hi,

I'm Neil and I like F1, so I decided to sign up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 am 

Michelle - The Ed wrote:
Tufty 'lurking'?
The world is coming to an end...!

If you fear the apocalypse as a result of me lurking, I'd better get posting!

Nice to see even the bosses know me now! Am I really that notorious??!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:40 am 

Hi Everyone,

I'm Uday Motwani from Mumbai,India!

Am 32 & work as a Content writer in an Australian firm!

Am watching F1 since 1996 & currently support Force India, Paul Di Resta, Nico Hulkenberg, Kimi Raikkonen & Fernando Alonso!

Really enjoying this forum & feel so happy surrounded by guys who have a passion for F1, just as me!

Always s(mile)!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 am 

Welcome to all the new members!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 pm 

Hi, I am from Pakistan been following the old forum for long time but never register, now with the new forum I just want to join you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm 

Hi, Have been reading the forums for over a year and decided this would be a good time to signup.
I'm a Belgian Student (electronics and ICT engineering) and a long time F1-fan.

I'm greatly interested in the sport because of it's technical nature, and I'm a supporter of Lewis and Fernando.
Also D'ambrosio is extremely undervalued and Francorchamps is the best circuit on the calendar. :lol:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:14 pm 

Hi all,

I'm Cees from The Netherlands, and I'm a motorsport fan in general, however I prefer F1.
I've been reading on this forum for a while now, and I thought it's time to register now and discuss with you guys.

In general, I visit about two grand prix a year, mainly in Europe. F1 Grand prix' I've been to are:
Spa Francorchamps
Magny Cours
Monza
Silverstone
Hockenheim
Nurburgring
Valencia
Barcelona
Monaco

Furthermore, I have about every race from 1982 until now on video, and most qualifying sessions.

I'm 39 years old, married, four kids and six cars.

That is about it, about me.

Regards,
Cees

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 pm 

Hello all At PF1,

I have been checking the site out for the past year orso and decided to join up.

Im a big Mclaren fan and have been since i watched my first race way back in 98 and seeing the flying finn Mika Hakkinen. There was just something about his driving style that got me hooked. Now 14 odd years later im still hooked.

Bring on the new season

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:34 am 

Hi guys.. quite an Old F1 fan and new planetF1 member. Thanks..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:27 am 

Welcome to the MadHouse, one and all!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:41 am 

Hello all from the best place on earth, MONTREAL CANADA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:11 am 

Since I lurked on the old forum for many years without posting I thought with the change of scenery I should really get involved.

Ive followed F1 for 10 or so years and in the last 8 not missed a single Race or Qually session (on TV). I am due to go to my first race in Melbourne in a few weeks and to say I am excited would be quite the understatement. I am from Scotland but traveling the world at the minute.

I have a soft spot for the Brit drivers and I would throw in Webber and Kobyi into the mix. I have no real dislike to any team other than those at the rear who are making a bit of a mockery of things.

I'd love to see a tight three/four way battle this year although im not so sure how easy it will be for me to follow races while travelling to the more remote parts of the world.

If there is a will, there is a way...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
I'm DOLOMITE, this is my new account. I hope you people remember me. :D

Ah, what the hell. I'm kidding. Long time lurker, now member. :-P

Wasn't this Eurytus's little tag beside his username on the old forum...?

It was indeed. For reasons that may therefore be entirely unfair on this member, I'm keeping an eye on the account.

If our suspicions are wrong, I apologise now.

Yes, it was Eurytus' signature, I was a lurker, and I found the signature hilarious. I also checked the movie on Youtube. :-P

Eye on me because my username matches someone's signature? Are you implying I'm Dolomite AND Eurytus, both? 8O

Then I'm already a legend here. :-P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 pm 

Just my luck. I didn't know Eurytus got banned, I JUST found his signature cool. :blush:

And I doubt he'd be stupid enough to try and come back with his obvious signature, mods.

I don't even known where the drafts went which I wrote earlier! :blush:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 pm 

Just my luck. I didn't know Eurytus got banned, I JUST found his signature cool. :blush:

And I doubt he'd be stupid enough to try and come back with his obvious signature, mods.

I don't even known where the drafts went which I wrote earlier! :blush:

We doubted he would be that stupid too, but better safe than sorry, especially after all the hours we wasted dealing with him.

My apologies!

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:16 pm 
Hello to all new and old from Mod Blue. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:33 pm 

Well better reintroduce myself. Been rather busy lately. Love the new look forum. Should be a great season of Motor Sport coming up.

Asphalt_World

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:05 am 

Hola, JZDark here, finally got around to signing up rather than just lurking.
I'm from the UK and have been watching F1 for the past 15 years or so :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am 

JZDark wrote:
Hola, JZDark here, finally got around to signing up rather than just lurking.
I'm from the UK and have been watching F1 for the past 15 years or so :)

Welcome to the MadHouse :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:09 am 

Hey All,
I am Alex, from Melbourne/Australia
I am hooked since the tragic 1994 season, an old McLaren fan from Mika times.
I hope Lewis gets his act back together this season...

AlexA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 am 

Hi everyone finally decided to join this forum after just looking for awlie. Im a Jenson fan and before him a Damon Hill fan. Hope to speak to you all soon through the coming season. Roll on Melbourne!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:02 am 

Howdy guys and gals.

Long time lurker on this forum from Australia.
Pumped for the new season.

My three favourite things in the world are music, movies and F1.
(The occasional burrito or kebab not far off my favourite things)

I'm a musician and studying film at the moment.
I usually manage to see every race each year which means many late nights in our timezone, but it's all worth it.

Been a fan since 1986 after seeing Mansell's championship blow out in spectacular fashion in Adelaide.
Love the era of Senna, Prost, Mansell, Berger, Alesi, Herbert, etc.

Hoping for good things from Kimi, Webbo and Ricciardo. Fingers crossed for Bruno too.
Also a Button fan because he always comes across as a good bloke.

I hope you all enjoy the racing this year, I know I will.

Bring it on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 am 

Loving the new forum!

I'm formerly C-Dubz (almost hit 1000 posts on the old forum but definately will on the new one!) and hail from Swansea, Wales, UK.

PS. That is not me in Ferrari overalls - simply a face in hole ;)

Bring on 2012! :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm 

I want to ask the mods, what is wrong here?! Why am I not allowed to make new threads? And why does my reply to any topic take ages to get posted, almost as if the mods are reading each one and thinking whether it is suspicious or not.

I'm NOT Eurytus, for God's sake! His header was not his creation, it happened to be a movie dialogue, which others have the liberty to use! God!

If this continues here and the mods keep acting so paranoid, there's no point posting in this forum for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:04 pm 

hello to all forum members...

my name is Ezanie...i'm from Malaysia...29 yrs old...i've been following this forum/website for long time (more than 6 yrs) and it's a very2 intresting forum with all the seniors and their technical knowledge of F1..

I hope that i can make lots of new international friends here... before this i used to be a member of gomika.com and gokimi.com...

anyway, please correct me if i'm wrong when posting any topics or replies...
thank you

-Ezanie a.k.a Satria_Neo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:29 pm 
I want to ask the mods, what is wrong here?! Why am I not allowed to make new threads? And why does my reply to any topic take ages to get posted, almost as if the mods are reading each one and thinking whether it is suspicious or not.

I'm NOT Eurytus, for God's sake! His header was not his creation, it happened to be a movie dialogue, which others have the liberty to use! God!

If this continues here and the mods keep acting so paranoid, there's no point posting in this forum for me.

This has nothing to do with Eurytus: no new member is allowed to post new topics. And given how we are under attack from spammers, I think that everybody will understand why we are feeling reluctant to lift any restrictions until we have sorted out that issue (even if spammers seem to have no problems in bypassing that rule too). In any case, only the forum admins (and not the mods) can change that feature.

As for approving replies/posts, we are doing our best, but as you can see we have our hands full at the moment (plus a day job to attend to) and sometimes it gets longer than it would be ideal. And yes, we do read them - otherwise the whole approval process wouldn't make sense -, but that usually takes seconds.

We are very sorry about all the inconveniences of the new forum, we are working on ironing things and it is taking us a bit longer than expected. In the meanwhile, please use the mod feedback thread to comment on all forum issues - if you post them in this one it is likely that it will take us longer to notice it.

Best regards,

The PF1 Mod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:37 pm 

Hi all I'm new here. Big fan of motorsports since I was small kid. I don't like much the actual F1 cars but I still follow the sport with much interest, specially this year with 6 world champions fighting. I hope to find a good people here to talk about the sport :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:00 pm 

Mod_Yellow wrote:

This has nothing to do with Eurytus: no new member is allowed to post new topics. And given how we are under attack from spammers, I think that everybody will understand why we are feeling reluctant to lift any restrictions until we have sorted out that issue (even if spammers seem to have no problems in bypassing that rule too). In any case, only the forum admins (and not the mods) can change that feature.

As for approving replies/posts, we are doing our best, but as you can see we have our hands full at the moment (plus a day job to attend to) and sometimes it gets longer than it would be ideal. And yes, we do read them - otherwise the whole approval process wouldn't make sense -, but that usually takes seconds.

We are very sorry about all the inconveniences of the new forum, we are working on ironing things and it is taking us a bit longer than expected. In the meanwhile, please use the mod feedback thread to comment on all forum issues - if you post them in this one it is likely that it will take us longer to notice it.

Best regards,

The PF1 Mod Team

Oh, thanks for the clarification, I was feeling all "hard done by".

Well, if it helps, I WAS an occasional poster here, my user name was "Damacy", but I thought I could use the forum-change to create a new ID. I'll give you proof so that the moderators could speed me into regular members hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm 

To the mods: My new ID is "IDrinkYourMilkshake", I just don't like this old ID.

Please, please allow me to reply quickly and start new topics, please.

(That's a lot of "please".)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:03 am 

Hi, finally managed to get on here after years of being rejected as the board regarded my btinternet email as a source of spam :uhoh:

Big fan of the British motorsport industry in all it's forms :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:30 pm 

Welcome to the MadHouse all :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 pm 

Hi I amnut’s for motor racing and have been following F1 for years
I have been involved in rallying only part of the service crew and support all British drivers and made cars.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:41 pm 

I'm not new, but I've been away for a few years and thought it was time to jump back in. I still see a few names on here that I recognize. Really love the new layout!

My username makes less sense now that we MIGHT be getting a USGP once again (the name was created in anger when we lost it after the 2007 USGP in my hometown).

Anyway, looking forward to arguing with some of my old friends again!