planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:23 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Belgium
ToughGuy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
NOTE: How many mistakes has schumacher made since his return - not many

Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.


wake up and see the scenery.
hes wiping the floor with nico in 2012.

and when he was slower last year, he did the business when he could.

not all is as clear as you pretend old bean
I think you're confusing Nico making mistakes with Schumacher wiping the floor. I realise his old work ethic must be itching like hell, but Schumacher isn't wiping any floors...
Having said that, he is proving to be just as dangerous as I suspected he would be when his comeback was announced. And as long as Mercedes think he will sell more cars than Rosberg, Nico must keep watching his back. Despite being 0.3s faster.

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.[/quote]

wake up and see the scenery.
hes wiping the floor with nico in 2012.

and when he was slower last year, he did the business when he could.

not all is as clear as you pretend old bean[/quote]
I think you are missing the point I was making.[/quote]

i think your point was clear and my answer was more clear. if i am clouded, explain further[/quote]
The point is not who is better Rosberg or Schumacher, the point is that not making any mistakes is irrelevant if you are not delivering the results. Hamilton made more mistakes than Kovalainen during their two years as team mates however Hamilton won a WDC/came 5th and scored 7 wins whereas Heikki finished 7th and 12th and only had one win to his name.

A driver who drives closer to the limit will make more mistakes because they are driving close to the limit.
[/quote]

Quote:
No. A driver who drives closer to the limit CAN ( possible therefore plausible) make more mistakes not WILL make more mistakes as you pointout.

A better driver can go full out and make less mistakes than a driver with less skill who goes slower but makes more mistakes. You have to agree Alien :smug:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Fiki wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
NOTE: How many mistakes has schumacher made since his return - not many

Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.


wake up and see the scenery.
hes wiping the floor with nico in 2012.

and when he was slower last year, he did the business when he could.

not all is as clear as you pretend old bean
I think you're confusing Nico making mistakes with Schumacher wiping the floor. I realise his old work ethic must be itching like hell, but Schumacher isn't wiping any floors...
Having said that, he is proving to be just as dangerous as I suspected he would be when his comeback was announced. And as long as Mercedes think he will sell more cars than Rosberg, Nico must keep watching his back. Despite being 0.3s faster.


Fiki, in 2012 schumi is wiping the floor with Nico. Come on !!!

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 1898
ToughGuy wrote:
No. A driver who drives closer to the limit CAN ( possible therefore plausible) make more mistakes not WILL make more mistakes as you pointout.

A better driver can go full out and make less mistakes than a driver with less skill who goes slower but makes more mistakes. You have to agree Alien :smug:

That's irrelevant because it is not what has happened in this case. Schumacher may have made few mistakes in his two years back but he has been out scored, by a significant margin, by his team mate.

You need to edit the quoting tree nightmare that has taken place in your post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
No. A driver who drives closer to the limit CAN ( possible therefore plausible) make more mistakes not WILL make more mistakes as you pointout.

A better driver can go full out and make less mistakes than a driver with less skill who goes slower but makes more mistakes. You have to agree Alien :smug:

That's irrelevant because it is not what has happened in this case. Schumacher may have made few mistakes in his two years back but he has been out scored, by a significant margin, by his team mate.

You need to edit the quoting tree nightmare that has taken place in your post.


maybe irrelevant - but true 8)
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.

ref the quoting nightmare tree :lol: i honestly dont know how it works.

Alien, tell me im right, go on :smug:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 6862
Location: London
ToughGuy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
NOTE: How many mistakes has schumacher made since his return - not many

Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.


wake up and see the scenery.
hes wiping the floor with nico in 2012.

and when he was slower last year, he did the business when he could.

not all is as clear as you pretend old bean

Schumacher has 1 point.
Rosberg has 0 points.

Schuey may have won the Quali battle so far but in no way has he wiped the floor with Nico. Schumacher screwed his start up in Malaysia so he has already made a mistake this year that probably cost him some more points.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:57 am
Posts: 760
Location: Brazil
ToughGuy wrote:
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.


Schumacher can only get older, he won't get closer to "true form".

_________________
Image

"Mark, Vettel is faster than you"
"Yeah but I'm in front mate"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Zpectre wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.


Schumacher can only get older, he won't get closer to "true form".


i can certainly agree he willget older :D and also i agree that hes never gonna be the driver he was because that was of stuff - legends.

BUT :] , schumachers off form skill is still way above the skill level of many drivers who are peaking. In my honest and humble opinion :thumbup:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 6862
Location: London
ToughGuy wrote:
Zpectre wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.


Schumacher can only get older, he won't get closer to "true form".


i can certainly agree he willget older :D and also i agree that hes never gonna be the driver he was because that was of stuff - legends.

BUT :] , schumachers off form skill is still way above the skill level of many drivers who are peaking. In my honest and humble opinion :thumbup:

That's why Rosberg has beaten him for the last two years.

On off form Schumacher aged 40+ is no better than any other average driver. The last two seasons has made that abundantly clear.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 1898
ToughGuy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
No. A driver who drives closer to the limit CAN ( possible therefore plausible) make more mistakes not WILL make more mistakes as you pointout.

A better driver can go full out and make less mistakes than a driver with less skill who goes slower but makes more mistakes. You have to agree Alien :smug:

That's irrelevant because it is not what has happened in this case. Schumacher may have made few mistakes in his two years back but he has been out scored, by a significant margin, by his team mate.

You need to edit the quoting tree nightmare that has taken place in your post.


maybe irrelevant - but true 8)
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.

ref the quoting nightmare tree :lol: i honestly dont know how it works.

Alien, tell me im right, go on :smug:

At no point have I said that it is not the case that a better driver can drive closer to the limit without making mistakes than a lesser one. That is obviously the case. What I said was that a driver driving close to the limit is more likely to make mistakes than one who is not driving close to the limit. Given Rosberg's superior results in 2010 and 2011 it is fair to say he extracted more from the Mercedes car than Schumacher did and therefore Schumacher was not driving as close to the limit.

So when it comes to your statement a better driver can driver closer to the limit without making mistakes than a lesser driver can - you are correct. However your argument that the fact Schumacher has made few mistakes in his comeback demonstrates his talents is flawed because not making mistakes only counts for anything when you are fulfilling the potential.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Laura23 wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
Zpectre wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.


Schumacher can only get older, he won't get closer to "true form".


i can certainly agree he willget older :D and also i agree that hes never gonna be the driver he was because that was of stuff - legends.

BUT :] , schumachers off form skill is still way above the skill level of many drivers who are peaking. In my honest and humble opinion :thumbup:

That's why Rosberg has beaten him for the last two years.

On off form Schumacher aged 40+ is no better than any other average driver. The last two seasons has made that abundantly clear.


you are wrong with that.
hes lost some speed i grant that, BUT hes lost none of his ability to race.

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
No. A driver who drives closer to the limit CAN ( possible therefore plausible) make more mistakes not WILL make more mistakes as you pointout.

A better driver can go full out and make less mistakes than a driver with less skill who goes slower but makes more mistakes. You have to agree Alien :smug:

That's irrelevant because it is not what has happened in this case. Schumacher may have made few mistakes in his two years back but he has been out scored, by a significant margin, by his team mate.

You need to edit the quoting tree nightmare that has taken place in your post.


maybe irrelevant - but true 8)
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.

ref the quoting nightmare tree :lol: i honestly dont know how it works.

Alien, tell me im right, go on :smug:

At no point have I said that it is not the case that a better driver can drive closer to the limit without making mistakes than a lesser one. That is obviously the case. What I said was that a driver driving close to the limit is more likely to make mistakes than one who is not driving close to the limit. Given Rosberg's superior results in 2010 and 2011 it is fair to say he extracted more from the Mercedes car than Schumacher did and therefore Schumacher was not driving as close to the limit.

So when it comes to your statement a better driver can driver closer to the limit without making mistakes than a lesser driver can - you are correct. However your argument that the fact Schumacher has made few mistakes in his comeback demonstrates his talents is flawed because not making mistakes only counts for anything when you are fulfilling the potential.


then i agree, but....... hes still brillaint and hes just been warming up thes epast 2 years.
I was at jerez for the 1st test and I saw schumi coming round the corner on opposite lock with pure passion.

so I know what Im saying 8)

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 6862
Location: London
ToughGuy wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
Zpectre wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
anyway schumi has been getting upto speed in 2010 and 2011. Now hes closer to true form he can quickly dispatch with Nico.


Schumacher can only get older, he won't get closer to "true form".


i can certainly agree he willget older :D and also i agree that hes never gonna be the driver he was because that was of stuff - legends.

BUT :] , schumachers off form skill is still way above the skill level of many drivers who are peaking. In my honest and humble opinion :thumbup:

That's why Rosberg has beaten him for the last two years.

On off form Schumacher aged 40+ is no better than any other average driver. The last two seasons has made that abundantly clear.


you are wrong with that.
hes lost some speed i grant that, BUT hes lost none of his ability to race.

If you lose speed in F1 then you lose a lot of your ability to race. If you can't keep up with the guys in front then you cannot race with them. Schumacher is not the driver he was ten years ago. He has been beaten by his team mate in recent years. That is a fact.

Once again you are finding yourself just looking for an argument and you are not doing yourself any favours.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm
Posts: 20
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
NOTE: How many mistakes has schumacher made since his return - not many

Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.

I disagree with both of you. (although Alien obviously hates Schumacher, 5 consecutive titles due to favouritism, yep, great :L)
He's made more mistakes than Rosberg because he has taken more risks (oh hey there Petrov) while Rosberg seems content to go backwards in the races and fight only against Michael where as Michael fights a lot harder during the races as shown by his better race pace than Nico last season and losing by a few points only due to more mechanical DNF.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 1898
Schumacher7 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
NOTE: How many mistakes has schumacher made since his return - not many

Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.

I disagree with both of you. (although Alien obviously hates Schumacher, 5 consecutive titles due to favouritism, yep, great :L)
He's made more mistakes than Rosberg because he has taken more risks (oh hey there Petrov) while Rosberg seems content to go backwards in the races and fight only against Michael where as Michael fights a lot harder during the races as shown by his better race pace than Nico last season and losing by a few points only due to more mechanical DNF.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that English is not your first language. My first post on this thread, the one where I said Schumacher's 5 consecutive titles were down to favouritism was an inverse parody of the original poster's equally flawed case.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Quote:
If you lose speed in F1 then you lose a lot of your ability to race. If you can't keep up with the guys in front then you cannot race with them. Schumacher is not the driver he was ten years ago. He has been beaten by his team mate in recent years. That is a fact.

Once again you are finding yourself just looking for an argument and you are not doing yourself any favours.


your on such shaky ground with your comments, your maybe gonna fall over.

1st point, when I say hes lost some of his speed, I am referring to schumi losing a fraction of that killer instinct he had years ago.

2nd point, how the hell does losing some speed equate to losing ability to race. Does not compute, because the RACECRAFT (see other thread) is still there.

3rd point: this is a forum, so how can i be peceived to "looking for an argument" with my previous reply to you. What because I say your wrong.. Come on, it cant be that hard to be told your wrong can it.

final point: "Not doing myself any favours". explain further because its a little misleading.

Im waiting..

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Schumacher7 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
NOTE: How many mistakes has schumacher made since his return - not many

Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.

I disagree with both of you. (although Alien obviously hates Schumacher, 5 consecutive titles due to favouritism, yep, great :L)
He's made more mistakes than Rosberg because he has taken more risks (oh hey there Petrov) while Rosberg seems content to go backwards in the races and fight only against Michael where as Michael fights a lot harder during the races as shown by his better race pace than Nico last season and losing by a few points only due to more mechanical DNF.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that English is not your first language. My first post on this thread, the one where I said Schumacher's 5 consecutive titles were down to favouritism was an inverse parody of the original poster's equally flawed case.


what, so im right :nod:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 1898
ToughGuy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Schumacher7 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
NOTE: How many mistakes has schumacher made since his return - not many

Yes, his careful approach of driving slower than Rosberg and scoring less points has ensured the number of mistakes he has made have been significantly lower than most.

I disagree with both of you. (although Alien obviously hates Schumacher, 5 consecutive titles due to favouritism, yep, great :L)
He's made more mistakes than Rosberg because he has taken more risks (oh hey there Petrov) while Rosberg seems content to go backwards in the races and fight only against Michael where as Michael fights a lot harder during the races as shown by his better race pace than Nico last season and losing by a few points only due to more mechanical DNF.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that English is not your first language. My first post on this thread, the one where I said Schumacher's 5 consecutive titles were down to favouritism was an inverse parody of the original poster's equally flawed case.


what, so im right :nod:

What?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Heres in order of brilliance

Schumacher
Alonso
Hamilton
Vettel
Raikkonnen
Button

8)

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 1075
Threads like these are why internet forums can be really depressing. :uhoh:

All WDCs are proven racers. Each and every one of them. To make a thread for the purpose of trying to take credit away from some of them is just immature and foolish. To try to nitpick about who did what and who's title is more valuable is just a waste of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
sandman1347 wrote:
Threads like these are why internet forums can be really depressing. :uhoh:

All WDCs are proven racers. Each and every one of them. To make a thread for the purpose of trying to take credit away from some of them is just immature and foolish. To try to nitpick about who did what and who's title is more valuable is just a waste of time.


Eh but its an F1 forum so a thread that looks into each of the 6 x WDC on the grid is pretty relevant.
And to analyse the quality of the WDC against each other is kind of in line with what an F1 forum should be discussing.

Of the 6 WDCs on the grid, one will be top of the list and on from there. Why would you have issue with this being discussed. :?:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 pm
Posts: 2957
There seems to be a fight that Shumacher has done fewer mistakes in the past 2 years than Nico. I think that's just dead wrong, just ask Perez, Kobayashi and Petrov I think those three still have parts of MSC wings in their overalls.

Yes he has been gradually getting up to speed, but he has done a tremendous amount of mistakes in the process, and Consistently finished lower than Rosberg too who has been brilliant the past two years and did a minimum number of mistakes (cant seem to recall any but i am sure he must have done some)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 1075
ToughGuy wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Threads like these are why internet forums can be really depressing. :uhoh:

All WDCs are proven racers. Each and every one of them. To make a thread for the purpose of trying to take credit away from some of them is just immature and foolish. To try to nitpick about who did what and who's title is more valuable is just a waste of time.


Eh but its an F1 forum so a thread that looks into each of the 6 x WDC on the grid is pretty relevant.
And to analyse the quality of the WDC against each other is kind of in line with what an F1 forum should be discussing.

Of the 6 WDCs on the grid, one will be top of the list and on from there. Why would you have issue with this being discussed. :?:

It's a foolish discussion based almost entirely on subjective (and biased) analysis. Basically, people will be arguing for the guys they like and against the ones they don't like while attempting to mask their argument as objective and dispassionate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 1898
ToughGuy wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Threads like these are why internet forums can be really depressing. :uhoh:

All WDCs are proven racers. Each and every one of them. To make a thread for the purpose of trying to take credit away from some of them is just immature and foolish. To try to nitpick about who did what and who's title is more valuable is just a waste of time.


Eh but its an F1 forum so a thread that looks into each of the 6 x WDC on the grid is pretty relevant.
And to analyse the quality of the WDC against each other is kind of in line with what an F1 forum should be discussing.

Of the 6 WDCs on the grid, one will be top of the list and on from there. Why would you have issue with this being discussed. :?:

But the thread isn't "rate the 6 WDCs in order" - it is saying that two of the WDCs are unproven, hence the title: " 6 WDCs - Proven and Unproven"

It's either extremely ignorant or deliberately designed to incite - you can win a race by luck but you can't win a championship. Even if your car is 1 minute a lap faster than the rest of the field ultimately you still have to beat your team mate over the course of the season and a team that designs a car with a healthy performance margin isn't going to put mediocre drivers in it.

There is a reason HRT takes pay drivers and it's not because they are spending the money on developing the next FW14-B.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
sandman1347 wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Threads like these are why internet forums can be really depressing. :uhoh:

All WDCs are proven racers. Each and every one of them. To make a thread for the purpose of trying to take credit away from some of them is just immature and foolish. To try to nitpick about who did what and who's title is more valuable is just a waste of time.


Eh but its an F1 forum so a thread that looks into each of the 6 x WDC on the grid is pretty relevant.
And to analyse the quality of the WDC against each other is kind of in line with what an F1 forum should be discussing.

Of the 6 WDCs on the grid, one will be top of the list and on from there. Why would you have issue with this being discussed. :?:

It's a foolish discussion based almost entirely on subjective (and biased) analysis. Basically, people will be arguing for the guys they like and against the ones they don't like while attempting to mask their argument as objective and dispassionate.


Im a schumi fan, have been since the day, but I have to acknowledge the 2 WDCs from Alonso that he took from Schumi in 05 and 06.

I think your way off with your negative opinion of this thread.
How can you go around thinking like that.

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Threads like these are why internet forums can be really depressing. :uhoh:

All WDCs are proven racers. Each and every one of them. To make a thread for the purpose of trying to take credit away from some of them is just immature and foolish. To try to nitpick about who did what and who's title is more valuable is just a waste of time.


Eh but its an F1 forum so a thread that looks into each of the 6 x WDC on the grid is pretty relevant.
And to analyse the quality of the WDC against each other is kind of in line with what an F1 forum should be discussing.

Of the 6 WDCs on the grid, one will be top of the list and on from there. Why would you have issue with this being discussed. :?:

But the thread isn't "rate the 6 WDCs in order" - it is saying that two of the WDCs are unproven, hence the title: " 6 WDCs - Proven and Unproven"

It's either extremely ignorant or deliberately designed to incite - you can win a race by luck but you can't win a championship. Even if your car is 1 minute a lap faster than the rest of the field ultimately you still have to beat your team mate over the course of the season and a team that designs a car with a healthy performance margin isn't going to put mediocre drivers in it.

There is a reason HRT takes pay drivers and it's not because they are spending the money on developing the next FW14-B.



must admit i didnt read the original post because I just woke up from heavy night and started typing.
which 2 WDCs are being challenged :?:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
I don't think anyone can realistically argue Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton are unproven. The quality of this trio is unquestionable and all have been the best on the grid at various times.

Greater question marks exist over Raikkonen, Button and Vettel who have never quite stood out from the rest in the same way*

*the RB7 being the real star last year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:01 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Belgium
ToughGuy wrote:
must admit i didnt read the original post because I just woke up from heavy night and started typing.
which 2 WDCs are being challenged :?:
Maybe you should see a doctor if you start typing after a heavy night. :D
The chaps being challenged by the OP are Hamilton and Button. And no - I checked - he didn't write it on April fool's day... :lol:

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Fiki wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
must admit i didnt read the original post because I just woke up from heavy night and started typing.
which 2 WDCs are being challenged :?:
Maybe you should see a doctor if you start typing after a heavy night. :D
The chaps being challenged by the OP are Hamilton and Button. And no - I checked - he didn't write it on April fool's day... :lol:


and what a night i tell you. Or should say afternoon into night.
Have vague memories of leaving the restaurant and walking down some street in Lima with my 2 buddies and gate crashing a party :lol: could have been dodgy though.....

About Hamilton and Button, they both deserved their WDCs because you gotta be innit to winnit.

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
ToughGuy wrote:
Heres in order of brilliance

Schumacher
Alonso
Hamilton
Vettel
Raikkonnen
Button

8)


Personally...

Schumacher
Hamilton
Alonso
Raikkonnen

with Button and Vettel level-pegging


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am
Posts: 571
For me the only one lacking any question marks is Alonso. He has nothing left to prove and deserves at least one more WDC.

Raikkonen - no doubting his speed but those Ferrari years where he didn't look any better than Massa tarnished my opinion of him a little. Speed is unquestionalble but the complete package he is not.

Vettel. 2 x WDC's and I still don't know. I know I'll get slated for that, but I think it's the 3-4 years follwing your first WDC that make or break a drivers reputation. By winning a WDC they have set a benchmark and with it a level of expectation. Look at Hamilton , Alonso and Button. Hamilton looked unbeatable, but in the following years proved he is fast but a little flakey, Alonso has impressed me more hauling that Ferrari round lap after lap, having to drive every a like a qualifier without losing motivation and STILL hardly ever making any errors. And as for Button, there's little doubt that his McLaren results have won him more fans than his Brawn year.

Schumacher.. well he is an enigma. I still strongly believe that as good as he was, a big chunk of the credit for his incredible legacy of results should go to Maranello. He enjoyed the best of everything - unquestioned support from the team, unprecedented reliability, a master tactician on the pitwall, a non-threatening teammate and a consistently great car. Absolutely he delievered every weekend no matter what, but to put it simply, I think the environment he worked in created ( I give him credit for building it) a cushion whereby his few weakness were rarely exposed.

_________________
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:41 am
Posts: 866
Prancing_Horse wrote:
This is definitely an early contender for the "Worst thread of 2012" award

+1 that.

Lets just say every WDC is over rated expect who ever the OP is supporting..........................................

Maybe it was a sad april fools joke, I always wonder if these people watch F1 every race or just the 30 minute highlights of the season while busy doing something else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Bristol, UK
Too many kids on this forum now who aren't capable of a well thought out or even slightly reasoned debate. Why has this happened since the changeover?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
DOLOMITE wrote:
Vettel. 2 x WDC's and I still don't know. I know I'll get slated for that


You shouldn't be, the jury is definitely still out on Vettel. We'll know more in 3 or 4 seasons time.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Formula1Fan. wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:
Vettel. 2 x WDC's and I still don't know. I know I'll get slated for that


You shouldn't be, the jury is definitely still out on Vettel. We'll know more in 3 or 4 seasons time.


I think we are seeing a strong vettel to be honest.
Hes got so much time in his career, what with 2 x WDC already.

Id say Vettel is the real deal and I dont get enjoyment from that, but I cannot ignore his talent.

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 am
Posts: 263
Location: K2 - Pakistan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fanboyism taken to a new level!

_________________
--Veno--


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 am
Posts: 521
All six world champions are worthy and proven.
You can analyse them to death, the fact is they won one or more world championships which is all our grandchildren will know that makes them the best of the best drivers of their time.
Of all the world champions though i think we know the least about Button, because for a large part of his career he was in an noncompetitive car and not in the lime light. Now for a few years running he is surprising me as my expectations of him were not that high. Problem is that i should not be surprised as he is a world champion, and is just as special as all other champions to have won.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:25 am
Posts: 39
Formula1Fan. wrote:
I don't think anyone can realistically argue Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton are unproven. The quality of this trio is unquestionable and all have been the best on the grid at various times.

Greater question marks exist over Raikkonen, Button and Vettel who have never quite stood out from the rest in the same way*

*the RB7 being the real star last year


"Greater question marks exist over Raikkonen, who have never quite stood out from the rest in the same way" - which hole did you crawl out from???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:30 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Tancho wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
I don't think anyone can realistically argue Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton are unproven. The quality of this trio is unquestionable and all have been the best on the grid at various times.

Greater question marks exist over Raikkonen, Button and Vettel who have never quite stood out from the rest in the same way*

*the RB7 being the real star last year


"Greater question marks exist over Raikkonen, who have never quite stood out from the rest in the same way" - which hole did you crawl out from???
:D Go easy on those kids.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Schumacher because hes won 7 and thats just mad
Alonso because he won those in great style against schumacher in 05 and 06
Hamilton because of his class so early in career
Vettel because he shows schumacher esque ability
Raikkonnena and AButton on a par

now thats the way it is 8)

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amirb, dizlexik, egnat69, Fiki, froze, johnp, LKS1, mds, nixxxon, shoot999 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.154s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]