planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:53 am 

Had to be done. All things Jenson related :-P

Last edited by sirlurchalot on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 am 

Go Jense!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:57 am 

Dammit I just made one of these a matter of minutes after you :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 am 

heres to a good season for him :) he's sounding confident!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:04 am 

I will just leave this here :P

Come on Jenson! Here's to another fantastic season and hopefully another WDC :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am 

New forum, new lease of life for Jenson. I just have a really good feeling about this year. He is truly settled into the team, got some great people around him and I think he can go on and win that 2nd WDC.

Go Jenson!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:54 am 

Jenson is the man.....2012 is his year :nod:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:55 am 

Jenson is the man no doubt about it, can be slow in an unsettled unbalanced and slow cars but give him competitive machinery then we witness the true talents of Jenson.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm 

H-Holloway wrote:

I will just leave this here :P

Come on Jenson! Here's to another fantastic season and hopefully another WDC :D

Definitely one of my favourite images, lets hope the car is on par or above the competition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:41 am 

Lets hope he isn't pulling that face too often ^^

We need to see.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 pm 

Just curious why there isn't more activity in this thread? It's been 2 weeks since the last post???

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 pm 

there hasn't been any racing since a long time.
Jenson did exceptionally well in Australia and China, but the other two races he was unnoticeable (Malaysia his fault, Bahrain not)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm 

Any comments from Jenson fans relating to his qualifying performance(s) so far? he appears to be a much stronger racer than qualifier.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:33 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
Any comments from Jenson fans relating to his qualifying performance(s) so far? he appears to be a much stronger racer than qualifier.

After the first two races I thought he solved his issues, but the last 3 Q's have been very mediocre, stuggled with tyres all weekend probably struggle to get top 6 in race.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:36 pm 

kingjamie wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

After the first two races I thought he solved his issues, but the last 3 Q's have been very mediocre, stuggled with tyres all weekend probably struggle to get top 6 in race.

I disagree i think top 3 is on the cards but his quali was shocking the worst since GB 2010 imo.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:11 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
kingjamie wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

I disagree i think top 3 is on the cards but his quali was shocking the worst since GB 2010 imo.

Seems i was well off :? I hope Monaco brings better results.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:17 pm 

I can empathise with that. Expected Jenson to at least claw something back in Barcelona on Sunday but it appears that he just lost the set-up on the car after Friday. Very grim.

Hopefully he will find it again! Watching him chase down Fernando and Sebastian last year through the twisty circuit of Monaco was awesome, such a shame that the late crash denied us a thrilling finish.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:32 pm 

Another shocker. :thumbdown: :uhoh:

Won't finish in the points. :(

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:49 pm 

Hard times to be a Jenson fan for sure....for christ sake man pull it together on Saturdays!

We want to see the Jenson of last year who punched all those people who said he could not qualify on the nose, not the Jenson of Mid-2010 who took over the mantle of the most moany moaner in moanervile.

Nico Hulkenburg

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 pm 

H-Holloway wrote:
Hard times to be a Jenson fan for sure....for christ sake man pull it together on Saturdays!

We want to see the Jenson of last year who punched all those people who said he could not qualify on the nose, not the Jenson of Mid-2010 who took over the mantle of the most moany moaner in moanervile.

it is, after last year i thought Jenson had finally got nearer the front of the grid consistantly, but this year he has taken quite a few steps back

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:12 pm 

Another fail :thumbdown: 13th x(

"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else" Ayrton Senna

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:16 pm 

Petition to have the thread title changed to:

"The official No Rear Grip thread"

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm 

I like button (after ham) but he is a chump when it comes to qualifying. He needs to step it up, I can see him drifting out the championship race slowly, esp as all his rivals start ahead of him tomorrow in much better and heavier point scoring positions. He needs to step up his Saturday performances. 6-0 Hamilton thus far on qualifying (penalties and disqualification excluded!)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:18 pm 

sgt.hartman wrote:
Petition to have the thread title changed to:

"The official No Rear Grip thread"

Or "I just couldn't find the balance thread"

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:27 pm 

Not to offend any JB fans but does he lack the guts to take risks to get that extra 10th? If the car's not the best in quali it feels like he's done.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
Not to offend any JB fans but does he lack the guts to take risks to get that extra 10th? If the car's not the best in quali it feels like he's done.

I don't think it's guts, I think it's a severe confidence issue.

Interestingly, he was 0.370s behind Lewis in Q2. Last season that would have easily gotten him into Q3, probably putting him in the top six in Q3. Jenson's issues are a great demonstration of how competitive this season is.

What I can't work out is how Lewis qualified fourth when he didn't do anything much in Q1 or Q2. So maybe Lewis did a really great lap in Q3, meaning Jenson did an OK job. Or maybe Lewis underperformed in Q1+Q2, meaning Jenson was dreadful.

I really really hope he turns this around, because it's sad to see.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:46 pm 

benmc wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

Interestingly, he was 0.370s behind Lewis in Q2. Last season that would have easily gotten him into Q3, probably putting him in the top six in Q3. Jenson's issues are a great demonstration of how competitive this season is.

What I can't work out is how Lewis qualified fourth when he didn't do anything much in Q1 or Q2. So maybe Lewis did a really great lap in Q3, meaning Jenson did an OK job. Or maybe Lewis underperformed in Q1+Q2, meaning Jenson was dreadful.

In q2 I am sure it was closer to 7 tenths.....

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:49 pm 

TheSpaceBetwween2 wrote:
benmc wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

In q2 I am sure it was closer to 7 tenths.....

Q2
7. Hamilton 1:15.166
13. Button 1:15.536

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:05 pm 

Is it me or was his last Q2 stint stupidly long was 7 laps, doubt it would have made much of a differnce to be honest, sector 1 and 3 were alright but he lost loads in S2.

My view is that he is chokes in Qs.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:20 pm 

Edit by moderator: if you wish to have your profile deleted, there are more private ways of contacting us. Do not insult other members and disrupt a thread to ask.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:47 pm 

Sorry choke is a bit strong but I am so annoyed at his lack of performance in the past 3 weekends, he is definatly struggling with something in the wether that be tyres, the new high nose or low-fuel balance.

He was also happy with car in P3 but it went to pot in Q again so I wonder if they made a setup change in the wrong direction or if he was overheating the tyres due to the higer tempartures, usually I'd expect a strong race but after what happened in Bahrain and Spain I'm not expecting much. A couple more Q's like this he will be out of WDC contention.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:00 pm 

I'm a huge Button fan, and have been for a lot of years. But blimey, it's not easy being a JB supporter, is it? Autosport.com/f1 has an article entitled "Button mystified by lack of pace" on it's front page. I'm sure I've seen the exact same title to a news article at least once before this season, if not more.

For me, and definitely with a "glass half full" attitude, the only consolations are:

1. The season is so close this year, 3 or 4 tenths of a second mean so much more than I think they have in the past, that it all seems much more 'shocking';
2. While it's not an excuse, I'm genuinely starting to wonder whether there's any truth to the talk about how the 2012 Pirelli tyres have turned things into a bit of a lottery, where people do "luck in" to a good set up;
3. When you see things like the Vettel/Webber disparity today, it does show that sometimes "sh-t happens", and everyone can sometimes struggle to have a good weekend whilst their team-mate looks to be having a great one.

Ho hum...

Still, as they say - no points for Saturday...

Regards,
FJ

Edited to sort out a typo...

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm 

Fat_Jogger wrote:
I'm a huge Button fan, and have been for a lot of years. But blimey, it's not easy being a JB supporter, is it? Autosport.com/f1 has an article entitled "Button mystified by lack of pace" on it's front page. I'm sure I've seen the exact same title to a news article at least once before this season, if not more.

For me, and definitely with a "glass half full" attitude, the only consolations are:

1. The season is so close this year, 3 or 4 tenths of a second mean so much more than I think they have in the past, that it all seems much more 'shocking';
2. While it's not an excuse, I'm genuinely starting to wonder whether there's any truth to the talk about how the 2012 Pirelli tyres have turned things into a bit of a lottery, where people do "luck in" to a good set up;
3. When you see things like the Vettel/Webber disparity today, it does show that sometimes "sh-t happens", and everyone can sometimes struggle to have a good weekend whilst their team-mate looks to be having a great one.

Ho hum...

Still, as they say - no points for Saturday...

Regards,
FJ

Edited to sort out a typo...

The tires have definitely made things very unpredictable this season but if you look closely, Button's deficit to Hamilton in quali is about the same this year as it was last year. But because the grid is so closely packed those 2 or 3 tenths are costing Button 7 or 8 positions instead of 2 or 3 (last year). Unless Button makes some improvements to his quali performances he'll fall out of this year's championship very quickly. There's a chance that all the other title contenders could finish in front of him tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 pm 

cMEc - I can't disagree at all. In fact, your last two sentences raise a point that I've been trying hard to avoid thinking about...

Funny how things flex and change tho... Start of the season: JB massively confident and words to the effect of "only myself to blame if I don't get WDC" and all that, and then wins the first race of the year; Hamilton has a disappointing first race, and looks like a grumpy kiddie that's been grounded.

Fast-forward half a dozen races, and Hamilton has put in some epic performances this year (and I say that as someone who isn't really a fan of his, but is hugely impressed by him at times), and JB looks like he's struggling a bit.

It's a funny old game. Long season tho, I guess...

Regards,
FJ

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:17 pm 

Fat_Jogger wrote:
cMEc - I can't disagree at all. In fact, your last two sentences raise a point that I've been trying hard to avoid thinking about...

Funny how things flex and change tho... Start of the season: JB massively confident and words to the effect of "only myself to blame if I don't get WDC" and all that, and then wins the first race of the year; Hamilton has a disappointing first race, and looks like a grumpy kiddie that's been grounded.

Fast-forward half a dozen races, and Hamilton has put in some epic performances this year (and I say that as someone who isn't really a fan of his, but is hugely impressed by him at times), and JB looks like he's struggling a bit.

It's a funny old game. Long season tho, I guess...

Regards,
FJ

Indeed- its all part of being a Button fan i guess when he's happy he's beast when he's not :?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 pm 

I think hes just become a victim of how competitive this season is, the car is no long miles faster than a lotus or a williams or a mercedes or a Ferrari. Its affecting all of who you would consider the top runners but more so Jensen because quali isnt his strong point as where vettel Ham and Alonso are good qualifiers it doesnt harm them as much. Of Course being Jensen he has to put the blame down to tires or something

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 pm 

I think it is the ridiculous beard that is affecting his driving. He is so concerned with thevoice in his head laughing at him all the time that he can't drive.

Shave it off Jenson!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 pm 

reckon he is doing a not shaving the beard off till I get a podium thing?

Q2 was very tight, there was what...7 tenths between 13th and 1st (Massa's time)

Maybe it was a mistake to do such a long run?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 am 

I love how Button's always "mystified" when he doesn't have pace.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:59 am 

I am a Hamilton fan but I think you are being a bit harsh here, McLaren have set up taking into account it might rain come race time, this could be having a worse affect on Button due to him being very sensitive to car set up issues