planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:30 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1728
After doing a Google search and then pressing enter a couple of times until the searches stopped giving me different numbers, here is the number of results fed back for each champion:

1. Lewis Hamilton (~60,700,000 results)
2. Kimi Raikkonen (~41,800,000 results)
3. Fernando Alonso (~29,800,000 results)
4. Michael Schumacher (~29,000,000 results)
5. Jenson Button (~25,500,000 results)
6. Sebastian Vettel (~19,500,000 results)

Hamilton is smashing the search engine results, with a surprise last place for Vettel the 2 time champion. Clearly he needs to fall off a boat drunk or date a famous singer if he wishes to close the gap to the leaders.

More importantly, what is the purpose of this other than a little bit of "fun"?... Well I have this massive assignment to complete for tomorrow but procrastinating feels waaay better!

_________________
Pathfinder


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2834
Location: Perth, Australia
Interesting. Expected Schumacher to top the list, if I must be honest.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm
Posts: 464
There are loads of results that may turn up for "Lewis Hamilton" that are not f1 related. e.g. loads of places called Hamilton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton (they need a Lewis in the web page as well obviously but that is likely)

Meanwhile 'Vettel' and 'Schumacher' are pretty exclusive to Seb and Michael themselves


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1226
Location: The Finnish forests
Search "Lewis Hamilton" in quotation marks and you'll get about 21 million results, not 60 million.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1728
Interesting it seems to reduce most searches down I believe Alonso may be at the top of the list.

_________________
Pathfinder


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2647
Location: Finland
When you write Kimi Raikkonen, instead of Kimi Räikkönen, which is how his name is written btw, it discards some of the results. Not that this whole thing's important, just pointing it out...

_________________
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 920
Location: Upsate NY, USA
froze wrote:
When you write Kimi Raikkonen, instead of Kimi Räikkönen, which is how his name is written btw, it discards some of the results. Not that this whole thing's important, just pointing it out...

While on the subject of Kimi's name, isn't his proper name Kimi-Matias Räikkönen?
So, like JEV, in the standings and, well everything, we should be calling him Kimi-Matias, and not just Kimi?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2647
Location: Finland
xECKSx58 wrote:
froze wrote:
When you write Kimi Raikkonen, instead of Kimi Räikkönen, which is how his name is written btw, it discards some of the results. Not that this whole thing's important, just pointing it out...

While on the subject of Kimi's name, isn't his proper name Kimi-Matias Räikkönen?
So, like JEV, in the standings and, well everything, we should be calling him Kimi-Matias, and not just Kimi?

Well that's with his middle name included, but nobody rarely uses full names when they speak of people. Fernando Alonso Diaz, Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton. I only just noticed that Vettel and MS don't have any middle names. Maybe it's a German thing? Because out of the current German drivers only Nico Erik Rosberg has, but he also has Finnish father.

_________________
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:26 am
Posts: 362
nicole scherzinger has 27M results
and the even more worthless kim kardashian 143M


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 44
You guys have obviously not heard of Googlefight.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1728
I googled this Kim Kardashian person, she's hot but who the hell IS she?

_________________
Pathfinder


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:59 am
Posts: 160
Anus McSphincter got 1.2 million


Watch out Lewis, he's right on your tail... :)

_________________
Forza Ferrari, Buona Fortuna Felipe e Fernando 2012.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 278
froze wrote:
xECKSx58 wrote:
froze wrote:
When you write Kimi Raikkonen, instead of Kimi Räikkönen, which is how his name is written btw, it discards some of the results. Not that this whole thing's important, just pointing it out...

While on the subject of Kimi's name, isn't his proper name Kimi-Matias Räikkönen?
So, like JEV, in the standings and, well everything, we should be calling him Kimi-Matias, and not just Kimi?

Well that's with his middle name included, but nobody rarely uses full names when they speak of people. Fernando Alonso Diaz, Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton. I only just noticed that Vettel and MS don't have any middle names. Maybe it's a German thing? Because out of the current German drivers only Nico Erik Rosberg has, but he also has Finnish father.


Isn't it a double barrelled first name, not a middle name? Just like JEV as mentioned above. I think the reason we don't use it, to be honest, is because it's a bit of a mouthful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 1108
Believe it or not Hamilton actually has the biggest fan base in F1. Remember these forums only count for a very very small percentage of the fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Edinburgh
Just done myself.

170 million results without quotation marks
14.3 million results with quotation marks

Also put my full name (all four names)
2.2 million hits without quotation marks
The best till last.... 0 results with quotation marks. How is that possible with the previous results?!?!? Clearly I'm not famous then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 920
Location: Upsate NY, USA
AycheAyeEmm wrote:
froze wrote:
xECKSx58 wrote:
froze wrote:
When you write Kimi Raikkonen, instead of Kimi Räikkönen, which is how his name is written btw, it discards some of the results. Not that this whole thing's important, just pointing it out...

While on the subject of Kimi's name, isn't his proper name Kimi-Matias Räikkönen?
So, like JEV, in the standings and, well everything, we should be calling him Kimi-Matias, and not just Kimi?

Well that's with his middle name included, but nobody rarely uses full names when they speak of people. Fernando Alonso Diaz, Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton. I only just noticed that Vettel and MS don't have any middle names. Maybe it's a German thing? Because out of the current German drivers only Nico Erik Rosberg has, but he also has Finnish father.


Isn't it a double barrelled first name, not a middle name? Just like JEV as mentioned above. I think the reason we don't use it, to be honest, is because it's a bit of a mouthful.

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Because of the hyphen I thought it was 1 name

Quote:
Well that's with his middle name included, but nobody rarely uses full names when they speak of people. Fernando Alonso Diaz, Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton. I only just noticed that Vettel and MS don't have any middle names. Maybe it's a German thing? Because out of the current German drivers only Nico Erik Rosberg has, but he also has Finnish father.

I think it is a German thing, because my Grandfather didn't have a middle name (parents were German)
And my mom doesn't have a middle name (grandparents were German)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2647
Location: Finland
xECKSx58 wrote:
AycheAyeEmm wrote:
froze wrote:
xECKSx58 wrote:
froze wrote:
When you write Kimi Raikkonen, instead of Kimi Räikkönen, which is how his name is written btw, it discards some of the results. Not that this whole thing's important, just pointing it out...

While on the subject of Kimi's name, isn't his proper name Kimi-Matias Räikkönen?
So, like JEV, in the standings and, well everything, we should be calling him Kimi-Matias, and not just Kimi?

Well that's with his middle name included, but nobody rarely uses full names when they speak of people. Fernando Alonso Diaz, Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton. I only just noticed that Vettel and MS don't have any middle names. Maybe it's a German thing? Because out of the current German drivers only Nico Erik Rosberg has, but he also has Finnish father.


Isn't it a double barrelled first name, not a middle name? Just like JEV as mentioned above. I think the reason we don't use it, to be honest, is because it's a bit of a mouthful.

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Because of the hyphen I thought it was 1 name

Quote:
Well that's with his middle name included, but nobody rarely uses full names when they speak of people. Fernando Alonso Diaz, Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton. I only just noticed that Vettel and MS don't have any middle names. Maybe it's a German thing? Because out of the current German drivers only Nico Erik Rosberg has, but he also has Finnish father.

I think it is a German thing, because my Grandfather didn't have a middle name (parents were German)
And my mom doesn't have a middle name (grandparents were German)

Actually I'm not sure. You're probably right though. Still I've never seen media use his full name like that.

_________________
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fiki, Jenson's Understeer, LBET and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group