It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
Sabrina wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Well heres a thing.

Why should Macca concentrate on Lewis?

He won't commit to the team so him winning the WDC wouldn't actually get them anything other than being able to put a laurel on their walls in the garages.

They could give him everything on the track. Just for him to sign for another team for more money and his trophies.

It's nearly mid way through the season. It's getting close to the stage when teams would start withholding info on this years car AND the development of next years.

How would that help his WDC chances? AND it would be of his own doing.

How do you know he won't commit to McLaren?

Why shoud they not concentrate on the driver who brings the double points per race than the other driver?
Usually the driver who wins the WDC brings the most points for the team, It's WCC points also.
Wasn't it better to have one driver who can bring the big points than to have 2 who run for the minor points?

How do you know he will?

At this point McLaren don't know, otherwise it would have been done. What's the point in putting your eggs in a basket, that may not be hanging off your arm next year?

Precisely.

and As I have said before it's getting around that time a team would start freezing out a driver so he can't take info away to his next team.

The longer he takes the more he could be hurting his own chances as McLaren who aren't daft despite what people say are going to start thinking about their investment. Which is the car. This years and more importantly next.

It'll not be long until pencil goes down on paper for the MP4-28. Who in their right mind would start to design a car with a person in mind who isn't going to be there.

Slower or not they will start designing it around a known. And at the minute thats JB.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm 

chinki wrote:
The point is that even if he is gone next year, he may be able to secure you a WDC this year and a higher chunk of points for WCC unless you believe a team stops playing for WDC & WCC if one of the drivers is leaving. Look at Alonso in 2006, Renault had no problem supporting him unilaterally till the end even though he was leaving.

Flavio was also Alonso manager as well as team boss.

More conflicted interests there than Lewis at McLaren.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:30 pm 

Johnston wrote:
chinki wrote:
The point is that even if he is gone next year, he may be able to secure you a WDC this year and a higher chunk of points for WCC unless you believe a team stops playing for WDC & WCC if one of the drivers is leaving. Look at Alonso in 2006, Renault had no problem supporting him unilaterally till the end even though he was leaving.

Are you suggesting that Flavio did team Renault a dis-service by focusing on Alonso? And nobody in the team realized that or stood silent? Yeah right. :lol:

How about WDC/WCC for McLaren this year?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:31 pm 

Johnston wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
Sabrina wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Well heres a thing.

Why should Macca concentrate on Lewis?

He won't commit to the team so him winning the WDC wouldn't actually get them anything other than being able to put a laurel on their walls in the garages.

They could give him everything on the track. Just for him to sign for another team for more money and his trophies.

It's nearly mid way through the season. It's getting close to the stage when teams would start withholding info on this years car AND the development of next years.

How would that help his WDC chances? AND it would be of his own doing.

How do you know he won't commit to McLaren?

Why shoud they not concentrate on the driver who brings the double points per race than the other driver?
Usually the driver who wins the WDC brings the most points for the team, It's WCC points also.
Wasn't it better to have one driver who can bring the big points than to have 2 who run for the minor points?

How do you know he will?

At this point McLaren don't know, otherwise it would have been done. What's the point in putting your eggs in a basket, that may not be hanging off your arm next year?

Precisely.

and As I have said before it's getting around that time a team would start freezing out a driver so he can't take info away to his next team.

The longer he takes the more he could be hurting his own chances as McLaren who aren't daft despite what people say are going to start thinking about their investment. Which is the car. This years and more importantly next.

It'll not be long until pencil goes down on paper for the MP4-28. Who in their right mind would start to design a car with a person in mind who isn't going to be there.

Slower or not they will start designing it around a known. And at the minute thats JB.

This years car was alledgedly already designed around JB
So what, if he can't drive it.
Would Ferrari design the car around Massa if Alonsos future was uncertain?
Would they concentrate on him for the rest of the season?

As long Mr Button doesn't know what his problems are, where they are, and how they can be solved it's nonsense to develop the car around him
but maybe this is , what's happening right now: trundling around in midfield with a chaotic car nobody understands
If this is McLarens aim, Lewis is better without them

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 pm 

chinki wrote:
Are you suggesting that Flavio did team Renault a dis-service by focusing on Alonso? And nobody in the team realized that or stood silent? Yeah right. :lol:

Because Flavio would never do his team a dis-service :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Let me see.

Traction control

Rigged fuel Pump

Singapore

I'm sure there are a few more in there that can be added and some that we possibly don't know about ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 pm 

Sabrina wrote:

where did you hear that one?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 pm 

chinki wrote:
Johnston wrote:
chinki wrote:

They should give it up, if their better posintioned driver is leaving.
Both titles are useless than. Probably the money the team get's therefore is worthless, too x(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

nikki Lauda live at RTL Australia
Jenson Button pre season several times.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 pm 

Sabrina wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Can't say I heard Jens saying it was built round him

Never saw it mentioned on here and I am sure it would have sent the forum into meltdown.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:40 pm 

Sabrina wrote:
chinki wrote:
Johnston wrote:
chinki wrote:

Both titles are useless than. Probably the money the team get's therefore is worthless, too x(

If they give up on Lewis and he leaves, if McLaren end up being midfield this year, I can see heads rolling at McLaren at the end of the year and maybe top positions too. I just dont see it in anyone's best interests at McLaren to stop focusing on Lewis, whether or not he leaves. I can see though how it would be in McLaren's & team personnel's best interests to focus on Lewis, earn more of a shot at WDC/WCC this year, possibly save themselves from being fired and in turn have a hope for Lewis to stay with the team. If anything, McLaren lawyers might be reading the fine print on the contract with Button and tear it away coz he certainly aint worth the 16 million they are paying him (on par with Lewis and just behind Alonso).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Sabrina wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Can't say I heard Jens saying it was built round him

Never saw it mentioned on here and I am sure it would have sent the forum into meltdown.

This forum is a real benchmark isn't it.
Even McLaren said the car was designed around JB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:45 pm 

chinki wrote:
Sabrina wrote:
chinki wrote:
Johnston wrote:
chinki wrote:

If they give up on Lewis and he leaves, if McLaren end up being midfield this year, I can see heads rolling at McLaren at the end of the year and maybe top positions too. I just dont see it in anyone's best interests at McLaren to stop focusing on Lewis, whether or not he leaves. I can see though how it would be in McLaren's & team personnel's best interests to focus on Lewis, earn more of a shot at WDC/WCC this year, possibly save themselves from being fired and in turn have a hope for Lewis to stay with the team. If anything, McLaren lawyers might be reading the fine print on the contract with Button and tear it away coz he certainly aint worth the 16 million they are paying him (on par with Lewis and just behind Alonso).

My post was not directed at you chinki
It's a nobrainer that a tem should support theie better option for the titles. As the title brings the money
Nobody cares for finishing 8th & 10th, with both drivers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:59 am 

Sabrina wrote:

Link(s)?

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:44 am 

Everybody knows the car was designed around JB. He and Mclaren said it a couple of times at the start of the season and even Last year when he got the Runners up trophy he said it. Too bad he's getting his ass handed too him by his teammate :lol:

"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else" Ayrton Senna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:51 am 

King1982 wrote:
Everybody knows the car was designed around JB. He and Mclaren said it a couple of times at the start of the season and even Last year when he got the Runners up trophy he said it. Too bad he's getting his ass handed too him by his teammate :lol:

Well it's never been mentioned on here before.

And I am pretty sure the HFA would have went into meltdown at such claims.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:55 pm 

o.k new backend for the car and maybe a new nose?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:47 am 

garagetinkerer wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Link(s)?

2nd unless your making it up? ( Sabrina )

BTW Jenson said the car was designed with him in mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 am 

dave_the_fish wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Link(s)?

So whats the difference?
I make nothing up. But search your quotes yourself, as the most people have heared & read it, only the 2 usual suspects her have heared or seen nothing wich does not fit them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:54 am 

Sabrina wrote:
dave_the_fish wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Link(s)?

So whats the difference?
I make nothing up. But search your quotes yourself, as the most people have heared & read it, only the 2 usual suspects her have heared or seen nothing wich does not fit them.

I did try to look it up but couldn't find anything Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:56 pm 

Sabrina wrote:
dave_the_fish wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Link(s)?

So whats the difference?

Difference is that Jenson said that the car was designed with him in mind, ie Mclaren designed the car for both drivers. But as usual you using this as reason to bash Mclaren and Jenson because Lewis is not winning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:13 pm 

Jenson appears a lot more comfortable with the apdated car in FP, let's hope that he does well, I remember Gary Anderson saying that the new apdates are going to make the car more stable at the rear, we know Jenson likes a stable rear. I hope Lewis gets a good feel to the car too. Hope he does well this weekend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm 

I take it the upgrade didn't work then?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:25 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
I take it the upgrade didn't work then?

When has it ever? On a serious note, if it is dry tomorrow, I would still be interested to see the McLaren race pace. If it is nowhere near the front, then we can move on to 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:14 pm 

looks like the car has pace.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 pm 

Yeah the upgrades looked to have worked as the car looked quick, just a shame Lewis weren't up there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm 

too many mistakes by this team. can't seem to get thier a$$ in gear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:06 pm 

so i'm asking do they have this car sorted out yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:09 pm 

raider-hall wrote:

No, not yet.

It appeared as if the car had much better pace in the dry, but still struggled in the wet which seems to indicate there are still some underlying issues that need sorting.

Hopefully though, they can get their act into gear, find that magical pace we think the car should have and start consistently pushing for wins in the latter half of the season.

I'd love to see Lewis and Jenson pushing for wins to try and close the gap on Nando and the RBR's in the WDC...

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:04 pm 

I'm hoping that Lewis will sign for Macca during the summer brake. Maybe then they will focus a little more on him because i don't think he has a big chance against Fernando who has all Ferrari help and Vettel who has all Red Bull help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:19 pm 

tmzxaar wrote:
I'm hoping that Lewis will sign for Macca during the summer brake. Maybe then they will focus a little more on him because i don't think he has a big chance against Fernando who has all Ferrari help and Vettel who has all Red Bull help.

While I'd probably agree that Alonso is the focus of Ferrari, and while it could be easy to suggest that Vettel has more focus than Webber at RBR, I don't think either team is willing to sacrifice the other driver when they might be needed to take useful points in the WDC.

In fact, I think RBR are probably still trying to get both Mark and Seb to be fast as if they can get them finishing 1-2 then they coudl start eating away at Alonso's lead.

This is also why I think Macca need to find a way for both Lewis and Jenson to be quick, as I think Lewis needs some way to have more than 1 place between him and Nando, Seb and Mark in finishing each GP. And to rely on other teams to do that is too much of a gamble.

I guess the interesting thing we'll see this weekend is whether Macca really have made progress with their car, and whether the engine maps ban on RBR pushes the car back towards something that Mark prefers than Seb...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:46 pm 

Gothalamide wrote:
raider-hall wrote:

No, not yet.

It appeared as if the car had much better pace in the dry, but still struggled in the wet which seems to indicate there are still some underlying issues that need sorting.

Hopefully though, they can get their act into gear, find that magical pace we think the car should have and start consistently pushing for wins in the latter half of the season.

I'd love to see Lewis and Jenson pushing for wins to try and close the gap on Nando and the RBR's in the WDC...

When you are looking at the pro's and con's between the McLaren and Ferrari, even Alonso would select the McLaren over the Ferrari (given a choice) for the normal range of conditions to be expected. Most of the time the McLaren is going to be the faster car but chance has given Ferrari a good lead because of the wet action and how qualy has shaped up. Button has had his own personal nightmare but that looks a bit better now.

Take the cars now and given normal conditions, I would expect the Ferrari to be lagging both the RBR and McLaren. Get 4 cars in front of Ferrari and instructions to take it to the wall in competitive situations will make things very difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:35 am 

well we will see what they have put together tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:13 pm 

Lewis has that car dial in. Button not so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:56 pm 

raider-hall wrote:
Lewis has that car dial in. Button not so much.

Buttons front end just looks ugly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:06 pm 

Button seems to like the car setup so it suits the track perfectly on the day, but when the track conditions change a bit, the car is no longer in the middle of the sweetspot and he complains.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:26 pm 

He has right to. Look at how the front end keeps locking up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:28 pm 

SteveC84 wrote:
Yeah the upgrades looked to have worked as the car looked quick, just a shame Lewis weren't up there.

yeah it seems that way but for whatever reason only in the dry, this has screwed them at GBR quali, GER quali and now looks set to hurt them if it should rain tomorrow

well done to Lewis Hamilton on his pole position :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:35 pm 

Plus Lewis can drive a car that is not perfected balanced for him. Button usually struggles if the balance is of for him.

I'd not get complacent about Lewis's pole also, as the race pace could be lacking tomorrow especially if its wet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:14 am 

i just hope McLaren has thier act together for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm 

well if they don't have to race in the rain. everything should be fine. unless it is in the pits.