planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:03 pm 

mcdo wrote:
What a top drawer dude

In the end those 3 are worth so so much more than Lewis's 3 :proud:

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:02 pm 

Image From pinterest.com

CHAMP: YOU NEED A BIGGER TROPHY ROOM!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:34 pm 

Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:
What a top drawer dude

In the end those 3 are worth so so much more than Lewis's 3 :proud:

8) That's so cool!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:13 am 

Nico Rosberg Das neu Weltmeister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:58 pm 

Nice touch from Lewis on Facebook

"We said we'd be champions back then, now we both are! Congratulations Nico, you did everything a champion needed to do. Well deserved 🙌🏾"

Plus a pic of them together as kids

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:07 pm 

Andy2402 wrote:

"We said we'd be champions back then, now we both are! Congratulations Nico, you did everything a champion needed to do. Well deserved 🙌🏾"

Could be a genuine gesture, could be damage limitation for all the petulance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:37 am 

Congratulations Nico.

I do not like you one bit. But you did what you had to. Next year I hope both cars work as intended and that we have a fair fight.

Lewis Hamilton 4 x WDC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:39 am 

Covalent wrote:
Andy2402 wrote:

I think it's genuine. Either way I think it's something Rosberg would never do. He is too arrogant for that.

Lewis Hamilton 4 x WDC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:54 am 

Warheart01 wrote:
Congratulations Nico.

I do not like you one bit. But you did what you had to. Next year I hope both cars work as intended and that we have a fair fight.

Now, that congratulations is full of it. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:11 am 

Warheart01 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Andy2402 wrote:

I think it's genuine. Either way I think it's something Rosberg would never do. He is too arrogant for that.

Except he did.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:17 am 

Herb wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Andy2402 wrote:

Except he did.

And it didn't take 3 days for Nico to post his Facebook message. I'm sorry but I'm having a very difficult time believing that is genuine.

Seeing this is my first post in the Nico thread, I think a job well done to Mr Rosberg is in order. Seeing those family photos only furthers my belief that he is a true role model. Top guy and top driver.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:02 am 

Covalent wrote:
Andy2402 wrote:

I hope it is - they used to be friends. I'd like them to be able to get back to that again.

At McLaren, Hamilton and Button raced each other and let each other stay on the track. That's the way I think a team should be run, and the way the team mates should behave, so I think Wolff has been weak in how he has been running the team. Maybe he was exempting himself on the basis of the FIA have a rule against forcing another driver off the track?

It's obviously an advantage if one driver can establish that the other one always has to be the one to back off, or there will be contact. Senna did it to a large extent. We have seen since Austria that there actually always was an FIA rule against forcing another driver off the track, and they can apply it to 2 drivers in the same team. I think that makes it easier for there to be better relations between Hamilton and Rosberg again, and in some ways, Rosberg winning a World Championship potentially gets another problem off both their backs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:25 am 

Herb wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Andy2402 wrote:

Except he did.

I can see that was from 2014. Rosberg was less than gracious in 2015 http://www.firstpost.com/sports/awkward ... 82342.html

The truth is, both drivers have displayed poor "sportsmanship" on occasion. IMO, neither side has the right to be taking "the moral high ground".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 am 

SR1 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Andy2402 wrote:

Except he did.

I can see that was from 2014. Rosberg was less than gracious in 2015 http://www.firstpost.com/sports/awkward ... 82342.html

The truth is, both drivers have displayed poor "sportsmanship" on occasion. IMO, neither side has the right to be taking "the moral high ground".

It doesn't matter when he did it, just that he did - I was answering Warheart01's post saying he would never do it.

Absolutely right about he moral high ground - both sides have been ungracious at times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:40 am 

SR1 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Warheart01 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Andy2402 wrote:

Except he did.

That cap throwing has to be the most misappropriated gesture in F1 history, possibly surpassing even Ron's "we were fighting Alonso" quote.

What most people who post the quote invariably leave out are the circumstances: Lewis had made a very questionable move on Nico at the beginning of the race, effectively shoving him off the track, which Nico considered unfair and meant he was clearly very miffed. He then threw the cap at Lewis immediately after Lewis had thrown it at him, which means it could be interpreted as tit for tat.

Whichever side of the fence you are on, at the very least there were controversial circumstances where Nico felt he had been unfairly treated by Lewis (whether you agree with his interpretation or not). It's not the same as simply losing a race (or even title), since in his mind (I'm stressing this point for the benefit of those Lewis fans who will undoubtedly jump upon this) he felt that Lewis had cheated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:49 am 

I agree about the cap throwing. I have previously posted as such that it i think it was an innocent misunderstanding that had been blown out of all proportion. But, it doesn't justify Rosberg's ungracious behaviour in refusing to shake Hamilton's hand & throwing a strop on the podium. No excuses please.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:52 am 

SR1 wrote:
I agree about the cap throwing. I have previously posted as such that it i think it was an innocent misunderstanding that had been blown out of all proportion. But, it doesn't justify Rosberg's ungracious behaviour in refusing to shake Hamilton's hand & throwing a strop on the podium. No excuses please.

I think believing that your opponent has cheated may be a valid reason to be upset?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:57 am 

Zoue wrote:
SR1 wrote:

I think believing that your opponent has cheated may be a valid reason to be upset?

To be upset yes, but not to act on that by doing what Rosberg did.

They have both been ungracious--to try and argue or pretend otherwise is just downright silly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 pm 

SR1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
SR1 wrote:

They have both been ungracious--to try and argue or pretend otherwise is just downright silly.

I'm not trying to argue that Rosberg has never been ungracious. I'm saying that on this particular occasion I wouldn't class it the same as he felt he had been wronged by the person who beat him. To me that's mitigating circumstances on that occasion. And no, I don't think that's silly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:17 pm 

Zoue wrote:
SR1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
SR1 wrote:

I'm not trying to argue that Rosberg has never been ungracious. I'm saying that on this particular occasion I wouldn't class it the same as he felt he had been wronged by the person who beat him. To me that's mitigating circumstances on that occasion. And no, I don't think that's silly.

I disagree. Both drivers failed to act properly. Both had their own reasons, but that doesn't mitigate their actions. Both were poor & to try and paint one as more "acceptable" than the other perhaps implies bias on your part.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm 

SR1 wrote:

This Sky article tends to agree with you - about the cap throwing part.

[What happened next and why?
The subsequent hat throw may have been seen as a Nico tantrum and a lack of sportsmanship, but Rosberg was magnanimous when Hamilton first entered the room, hugging and congratulating his team-mate. One can only presume that Hamilton appreciated the gesture.]

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... s-hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 pm 

SR1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
SR1 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
SR1 wrote:

I disagree. Both drivers failed to act properly. Both had their own reasons, but that doesn't mitigate their actions. Both were poor & to try and paint one as more "acceptable" than the other perhaps implies bias on your part.

Dear god, another one bringing out the bias card just because someone has a different opinion. The art of debate is fast disappearing, it seems.

First I'm silly, now I'm biased. Any other insults you want to get off your chest?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:16 pm 

Inappropriate post removed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:01 pm 

Inappropriate quote removed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:02 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:38 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:06 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:43 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 am 

Here's a novel idea, guys - how about we stop attacking each other, no matter how well veiled the attacks are or whether they are picked up by everyone.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:26 pm 

:( ... close down the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:11 pm 

Once upon a time there was a prince. He came to fight the dragon, he beat it, and than went back to his castle where his princes waited for him. And so they lived happily eve after.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:25 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Once upon a time there was a prince. He came to fight the dragon, he beat it, and than went back to his castle where his princes waited for him. And so they lived happily eve after.

Vivian is the dragon, Nico is the prince and Lewis is the princess?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:58 pm 

KingVoid wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:

Vivian is the dragon, Nico is the prince and Lewis is the princess?

No. Lewis is just a ballerina. According to Stewart, that is. :)

(If you are not a Rosberg fan, I would answer you differently ;))

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:43 pm 

:thumbup: Great decision by Nico R. He has achieved so much and has more to live for off-track now. A really good career to look back on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 pm 

Sad to see you go, but understand your decision.
It's been a pleasure supporting you throughout your racing career, THANK YOU :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:25 pm 

He did it.

He went and done it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:08 pm 

Maybe you all won't believe me but I will actually miss him. Well done Nico, and a sincere congratulations.

Lewis Hamilton 4 x WDC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:58 pm 

Rosberg will come back in 2018 and not with Mercedes!