planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:38 pm 

Surely the most recent addition to the exclusive F1 Winners club deserves his own thread!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:10 pm 

I'm worried about posting anything too praising in light of the thread a couple above it! :uhoh:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 am 

missb wrote:
I'm worried about posting anything too praising in light of the thread a couple above it! :uhoh:

But this is the official thread - if you can't say it here, wher can you say it?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 am 

He deserves a thread and a picture for his best preformance in his career.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:33 pm 

And a penalty for what he did in Bahrain. All things forgiven though it was a great win in China for him!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 pm 

missb wrote:

All will be forgotten come Barcelona.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:36 pm 

Poor thing didn't even have an official thread? :(

Rosberg is cool, I can't say I like him a lot, he's very....... ordinary, if that makes sense

Amazing qualifier, and a very well deserved win :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:10 am 

2 race retirements in a row :(

Was it Kobayashi? Its hard to see what happend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:51 am 

Yeah, it was Kobayashi. But given the dog of a pace Schumi has been showing in the other Mercedes, and given the fact that Rosberg had dropped back at the start already, i think he'd have been out of the points anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:47 pm 

Apart from the mayhem that was Q3, a faultless weekend from Nico. Remarkable post race composure showing great humility towards the team after having just been stabbed him in the back - a true and loyal team player. Really felt for him to be in such a humiliating position to have to ask for permission to race, he really is undervalued. I've waited long enough for Merc to give him the car he needs, lets hope Ross gives him the support he deserves.

- DANIEL RICCICHIARDO, compatriot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:14 pm 

My favorite driver is Lewis Hamilton and as such, I am happy that Nico did what he did in that last lap or two. I also think that Ross Brawn made the correct decision in instructing them to hold station.

If I was a Nico Rosberg fan, however, I would have wanted Nico to attack and try to take that position. As much though we are all bashing Vettel for what he did today, that is what a champion does. He tries to win no matter the situation. By agreeing to back off, Nico has avoided upsetting his team but he has also moved into Rubens territory. It's a slippery slope. If you agree to it once, there won't be any hesitation in asking you to do it again.

I've seen it happen to Massa in recent years too. He now usually just moves over without even needing to be asked...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:23 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
My favorite driver is Lewis Hamilton and as such, I am happy that Nico did what he did in that last lap or two. I also think that Ross Brawn made the correct decision in instructing them to hold station.

If I was a Nico Rosberg fan, however, I would have wanted Nico to attack and try to take that position. As much though we are all bashing Vettel for what he did today, that is what a champion does. He tries to win no matter the situation. By agreeing to back off, Nico has avoided upsetting his team but he has also moved into Rubens territory. It's a slippery slope. If you agree to it once, there won't be any hesitation in asking you to do it again.

I've seen it happen to Massa in recent years too. He now usually just moves over without even needing to be asked...

The difference is that Vettal has "protection as usual" with the likes of Helmut Marko so well positioned within RBR. Rosberg has no capital of that sort within the team, so he has to be diplomatic about things.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:48 pm 

Chinese Grand Prix next. Rosberg won here last season. He's been as strong as Hamilton so far this season and must fancy himself to have another great shot in 3 weeks time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:53 pm 

I hope Nico is inspired by this to drive as hard and as fast as ever and if his talent is unappreciated to move to another team where he can drive to the limit of his talent not to team orders due to contracts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:15 pm 

good lad Nico! Sad he couldnt get 3rd but he will have to get in front of hammy next time

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:20 pm 

He's been in F1 longer than Lewis and we are still waiting to see his supposed talent ???? he is a conservative driver , he'll qualify 7th and finish the race 7th , no more no less !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 pm 

mrlimbo wrote:
He's been in F1 longer than Lewis and we are still waiting to see his supposed talent ???? he is a conservative driver , he'll qualify 7th and finish the race 7th , no more no less !

Didn't seem like that when he was faster than Lewis today

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

The only reason Rosberg managed to get upto Lewis ,with a few laps left , was because Lewis had been told along time back to slow down and save fuel, so Rosberg only got that near because of team orders , so he has nothing to moan about !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm 

mrlimbo wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

The only reason Rosberg managed to get upto Lewis ,with a few laps left , was because Lewis had been told along time back to slow down and save fuel, so Rosberg only got that near because of team orders , so he has nothing to moan about !

I'm a Lewis fan and not at all a Nico fan by any means. I think he's on par with heidfeld or heikki. Just mediocre. That being said I think if team orders were not in play today he would have been standing on the podium. I can't tell you how many time his named popped up for fast lap as the track dried out. I think he would have caught Lewis regardless of WHEN he turned down his engine, which I do not know when.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 pm 

mrlimbo wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

I haven't heard him moan... Once the situation was explained to him he was very professional about it. If Lewis himself said today that Nico was faster than him and deserved the 3rd place well I think that's hard to argue with don't you ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:44 pm 

mrlimbo wrote:
he has nothing to moan about !

If you'd seen his interview in Sky after the race, you'd know he handled it very maturely and professionally and did not moan at all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:46 pm 

daytona81 wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

I'm a Lewis fan and not at all a Nico fan by any means. I think he's on par with heidfeld or heikki. Just mediocre. That being said I think if team orders were not in play today he would have been standing on the podium. I can't tell you how many time his named popped up for fast lap as the track dried out. I think he would have caught Lewis regardless of WHEN he turned down his engine, which I do not know when.

I think Rosberg is better than the two guys you have compared him to. Certainly he is faster.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:48 pm 

mrlimbo wrote:

He hasn't been nurtured, backed by Ron Dennis and thrown straight into a championship contending car?

mrlimbo wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

The only reason Hamilton could barely stay in front of Rosberg was because he used up more of his fuel?

Your statements are so weak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:24 pm 

Tael wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

He hasn't been nurtured, backed by Ron Dennis and thrown straight into a championship contending car?

mrlimbo wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

The only reason Hamilton could barely stay in front of Rosberg was because he used up more of his fuel?

If mine are weak yours are decidedly flimsy , not being nurtured LOL who's his Dad ???????? , dont tell me his background had no money either , your have me in tears , poor little Nico :nod:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:29 pm 

Very classy from Nico today. Must have been v unhappy that he was called off yet all the interviews I saw he remained proffesional. Really good pace as well, just hope Merc can give them both a competitive car all season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:31 pm 

mrlimbo wrote:
Tael wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

mrlimbo wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:

If mine are weak yours are decidedly flimsy , not being nurtured LOL who's his Dad ???????? , dont tell me his background had no money either , your have me in tears , poor little Nico :nod:

His Dad owns an F1 team? put him in a championship winning car? I guess I'll leave it there, poor little Nico

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:39 pm 

Tael wrote:

His Dad owns an F1 team? put him in a championship winning car? I guess I'll leave it there, poor little Nico

Its his talent that got him there and not his name or millionaire background , i'll leave it there as your digging yourself deeper with every reply :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 pm 

Tael wrote:

When Lewis raced in F3, he did so knowing that if he didn't deliver, he was going to be out of a drive (almost was after 2004). When Nico raced in that series, the team he raced for was Team Rosberg...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:44 pm 

Us JB fans knew this day was coming and Nico fans we're very sorry for what you've got now and coming in the future

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:46 pm 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Us JB fans knew this day was coming and Nico fans we're very sorry for what you've got now and coming in the future

Posts like this absolutely kill me :lol:

Keep it up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 pm 

I will say one more thing , seeing this is the Rosberg thread and not really for bashing !
He does look more motivated than ever before , and at times looked like an attacking driver , so it looks like a good season for his fans :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:03 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Tael wrote:

When Lewis raced in F3, he did so knowing that if he didn't deliver, he was going to be out of a drive (almost was after 2004). When Nico raced in that series, the team he raced for was Team Rosberg...

Lewis and Nico were very successful in their careers prior to F1. Nico won GP2 in 2005 and subsequently drove for Williams in 2006. Hamilton won GP2 in 2006 and subsequently drove for Mclaren in 2007. It was just unlucky that Nico's early affiliation with BMW had him allowed him a much greater chance of entering F1 with Williams than any other team, likewise with Hamilton. But we all know Mclaren was the better path to be on during that time.

And Team Rosberg is not an F1 team, nor is it a Ron Dennis ticket

Last edited by Tael on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:08 pm 

PzR Slim wrote:
SilverstoneRegular wrote:

Posts like this absolutely kill me :lol:

Keep it up.

Sad thing is it's true me and some mates have been saying for a while now and BOOM it starts!

SOOO sorry Nico fans :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:09 pm 

Tael wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Tael wrote:

Lewis and Nico were very successful in their careers prior to F1. Nico won GP2 in 2005 and subsequently drove for Williams in 2006. Hamilton won GP2 in 2006 and subsequently drove for Mclaren in 2007. It was just unlucky that Nico's early affiliation with BMW had him allowed him a much greater chance of entering F1 with Williams than any other team, likewise with Hamilton. But we all know Mclaren was the better path to be on during that time.

And Team Rosberg is still not a Ron Dennis ticket

For a second I thought you were a Mark Webber fan and a Nico Hulkenberg fan from your sig O.o

Anyway, Nico's been impressive so far this season, I'm glad to see him do well. I hated it when Michael got abuse for losing to Nico, who according to some people is an average driver etc.

I reckon the Mercs will be strong in China. Nico's very good there and Lewis has been great too.

Ciao Jules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 pm 

schumi7 wrote:
For a second I thought you were a Mark Webber fan and a Nico Hulkenberg fan from your sig O.o

Anyway, Nico's been impressive so far this season, I'm glad to see him do well. I hated it when Michael got abuse for losing to Nico, who according to some people is an average driver etc.

I reckon the Mercs will be strong in China. Nico's very good there and Lewis has been great too.

Likewise I hated it when any Nico's achievements were simply dismissed because Michael wasn't in his prime.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm 

Tael wrote:
schumi7 wrote:

Likewise I hated it when any Nico's achievements were simply dismissed because Michael wasn't in his prime.

Nico is a race winning driver so given the chance he can take it. I hope he's not held back

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 pm 

Guys, calm it down. I'm not removing posts because the main argument is pathetic and you both look foolish for carrying it on as long as you did. Please remember official threads are more strictly policed than any others and whether you like it or not, it's important to remain at least civil with one another.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 pm 

Respect to Nico Rosberg for today. Granted staying behind Lewis was probably very frustrating for him but he played the team game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 pm 

As I said in an earlier thread, I thought Rosberg was great to watch today - always lurking in the background, and in many ways reminded me of some of the races Keke used to have! He has that raw speed as many (but not all) had suspected.

I sincerely hope he continues this form throughout the season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm 

Centauri wrote:
As I said in an earlier thread, I thought Rosberg was great to watch today - always lurking in the background, and in many ways reminded me of some of the races Keke used to have! He has that raw speed as many (but not all) had suspected.

I sincerely hope he continues this form throughout the season.

:thumbup: :thumbup: really respected his long game attitude in the race today (and after the race as well).

The battle between Lewis and Nico today looked very similar to Button and Lewis in Turkey 2010 didn't it? Rosberg staying in touch in the background and saving the car then capitalizing in the end!

Funny enough in both situations the team intervened.