planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:50 am 

From his CV, potentially the biggest talent to arrive on F1 for a while, but then so was Heidfeld.

So what have we got to say on the Hulk so far?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 am 

what i gonna say about hulkenberg is that neither sky nor bbc have done a single interview with him in the 4 races ,however the scott boy is on both channels every other race , WTF ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 am 

TeamSideways wrote:
what i gonna say about hulkenberg is that neither sky nor bbc have done a single interview with him in the 4 races ,however the scott boy is on both channels every other race , WTF ?

Is there a chance the footage is tailored by country?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
TeamSideways wrote:

Is there a chance the footage is tailored by country?

you are supposed to be neutral when broadcasting the sport , if u gonna make all these interviews with one driver , make sure to balance it a bit with his teammate , thatmis called bias

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:06 pm 

Well, BBC does stand for BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation. I would expect a bit of bias.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 pm 

Benici wrote:
Well, BBC does stand for BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation. I would expect a bit of bias.

not all the viewers want a love fest for british drivers while ignoring others

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:14 pm 

TeamSideways wrote:
Benici wrote:

not all the viewers want a love fest for british drivers while ignoring others

I agree. That's why a said 'a bit of bias'. Not 'a love fest'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm 

Same thing last year, Paul got most of the BBC attention and Sutil got hardly any. This year the hulk gets hardly any!

Favourite Drivers - Adrian Sutil, Michael Schumacher, Nico Hulkenberg, Giancarlo Fisichella, Mark Webber

Other Teams I Admire - Mercedes AMG, Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes, Red Bull Racing,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:13 pm 

THE HULK.. He was my next Kimi, I got sooo disappointed after Williams dumped him

I'll post some pics of him :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 pm 

Is Hulkenberg the new Heidfeld? He's been mr invisible so far this year. You could have watched the entire season in one sitting and not be aware he's racing this year. Bit disappointed to be honest. I was expecting him to sparkle a bit more than he has. Still early days, but I've not really seen him carry the competition-destroying form he had in the lower categories into F1 yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
Is Hulkenberg the new Heidfeld? He's been mr invisible so far this year. You could have watched the entire season in one sitting and not be aware he's racing this year. Bit disappointed to be honest. I was expecting him to sparkle a bit more than he has. Still early days, but I've not really seen him carry the competition-destroying form he had in the lower categories into F1 yet.

You gotta blame the Force India car even for his measly performances.

After 2011, Force India were supposed to be placed much higher in performance but they have fallen behind Sauber & Williams, who were behind Force India last year.

Had Force India been on the competitive edge, Paul & Nico could've done wonders. I'm expecting Force India to get stronger by the end of the season but Force India should've been consistent from the start to justify the talents of both of the drivers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:29 pm 

Really impressed with Hulkenberg today. He was not as fast as the top 4 but he was better than the McLaren's & strangely Raikonnen as well.

Hulkenberg's pole in Brazil in 2010 wasn't a fluke after all & tomorrow he should be able to capitalise his 4th place start, his best till date.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:55 pm 

Today, Hulkenberg proved that he has class.

Di Resta struggled inspite of getting a good advantage due to the first corner accident but couldn't take advantage but Hulkenberg from 11th made the best of all of the opportunities & scored 4th, just missed out on the podium.

His pace throughout was with the leaders & should've got a podium.

Great racing Nico.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 pm 

To be honest given he had a year out, i think he has settled in well and is now shown direista how its done. Classy Classy driver.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm 

trindermon wrote:
To be honest given he had a year out, i think he has settled in well and is now shown direista how its done. Classy Classy driver.

The difference in his lap times with Di Resta's was a big one. Hulkenberg managed to keep lapping along with the leaders.

Next race is Monza, which again should hopefully suit Force India due to the Mercedes engine power.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 pm 

Excellent driver. Along with Perez should be aiming for top teams and WDCs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:20 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
trindermon wrote:

The difference in his lap times with Di Resta's was a big one. Hulkenberg managed to keep lapping along with the leaders.

Next race is Monza, which again should hopefully suit Force India due to the Mercedes engine power.

I cant remember when it was, earlier in the season DiReista was getting lots of plaudits for his performance during a race and Hulk finished just behind him, what people didn't explain was that Hulk did that with no kers the whole race. He really is a class act and i hope he gets a drive in a major team soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:28 pm 

trindermon wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
trindermon wrote:

I cant remember when it was, earlier in the season DiReista was getting lots of plaudits for his performance during a race and Hulk finished just behind him, what people didn't explain was that Hulk did that with no kers the whole race. He really is a class act and i hope he gets a drive in a major team soon.

It was in the European Grand prix (Valencia).

Very soon in the race, he had lost his KERS & still managed to come home in 8th.

He is already regarded as a true value driver & todays performance, hopefully gives him a brighter future.

Just hope for the rest of the season, Force India remain competitive enough.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:30 pm 

I'm a big fan of Nico, and was expecting a lot coming into this season. The first few races weren't great, and Di Resta looked to have the measure of him. Recently though it seems to have swapped over, and Hulkenberg has come on form and is very much putting Di Resta in the shade.

Brilliant timing, as with Perez seeming ruling himself out of moving to Ferrari, surely the Hulk is now the best option to replace Massa? 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm 

Warnzee wrote:
I'm a big fan of Nico, and was expecting a lot coming into this season. The first few races weren't great, and Di Resta looked to have the measure of him. Recently though it seems to have swapped over, and Hulkenberg has come on form and is very much putting Di Resta in the shade.

Brilliant timing, as with Perez seeming ruling himself out of moving to Ferrari, surely the Hulk is now the best option to replace Massa? 8)

Since he is a German, he may as well be linked to Mercedes but as far as what I've seen, Mercedes are quite awful & are bad in taking care of their tyres.

They just got a great DRS system. Hulkenberg hopefully gets a god drive next year. This year, the musical chairs will be very tantalizing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:39 pm 

He is really coming good in last few races. It shows how big mistake Williams made with replacing him, as Hulk not only is fast, but also has quite wise head on his shoulders, which can't be said about Maldonado. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:46 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:
He is really coming good in last few races. It shows how big mistake Williams made with replacing him, as Hulk not only is fast, but also has quite wise head on his shoulders, which can't be said about Maldonado. :thumbup:

I was following him n live timing & he was consistently fast. When he was overtaking, he was showing so much of maturity. He is getting like WINE, better with each race.

Force India should develop good strategies & they can be rest assured, Hulkenberg won't disappoint.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Since he is a German, he may as well be linked to Mercedes .

True, there is the nationality link for Nico to Merc, but Di Resta is more part of the 'Merc family' for want of a better phrase. He has been involved in their motorsports programme for quite a long time, and having won them back the DTM title i think is a bit of a favourite of Mr Haug.

Plus I would much rather see Nico in the Ferrari than the Mercedes - much better chance to get wins and podiums. Plus having the best driver on the grid to share data with can only be a good thing!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:58 pm 

Warnzee wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Since he is a German, he may as well be linked to Mercedes .

True, there is the nationality link for Nico to Merc, but Di Resta is more part of the 'Merc family' for want of a better phrase. He has been involved in their motorsports programme for quite a long time, and having won them back the DTM title i think is a bit of a favourite of Mr Haug.

Plus I would much rather see Nico in the Ferrari than the Mercedes - much better chance to get wins and podiums. Plus having the best driver on the grid to share data with can only be a good thing!

Nico or Paul shouldn't go to Mercedes because Mercedes struggle real bad with their tyres & have performed well below expectations.

Nico deserves a good car & that would be enough I believe.

His domination for Team Germany in A1 GP, is still a strong memory & he is proving to everyone that he can outperform Di Resta.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:07 pm 

To be honest, I don't see what's so special about Paul Di Resta... He hasn't done anything that KK or an equivalent driver hasn't already done.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:07 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
I was following him n live timing & he was consistently fast. When he was overtaking, he was showing so much of maturity. He is getting like WINE, better with each race.

Force India should develop good strategies & they can be rest assured, Hulkenberg won't disappoint.

I agree. You can clearly see which rookies debuting since 2010 are learning and maturing (Hulkenberg, Petrov, Perez, di Resta) and which are literally deadly dangerous to other drivers (Grosjean, Maldonado). It's good to see Hulkenberg is in the first group.

What about the next season? Ferrari? That would be awesome. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 am 

Hulkenberg is fast becoming one of my favourites. He was the first driver I ever met got an autograph from (Australia 2010) and have been a keen fan since. Was so angry when he was dropped from Williams after THAT pole position! So glad to see him striding forwards this year. His name must be being mentioned a lot more around the garages...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:25 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Hulkenberg is fast becoming one of my favourites. He was the first driver I ever met got an autograph from (Australia 2010) and have been a keen fan since. Was so angry when he was dropped from Williams after THAT pole position! So glad to see him striding forwards this year. His name must be being mentioned a lot more around the garages...

Don't know if you followed the A1GP series where teams would represent a country & a driver from that country would drive for that team's car.

In 1 of those years of A1GP, Hulkenberg dominated the season for Team Germany. From then, I was convinced he is a good driver.

As of now, he is leaving Di Resta behind. Hope he finds a good team next year otherwise Force India better get very competitive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:28 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

Don't know if you followed the A1GP series where teams would represent a country & a driver from that country would drive for that team's car.

In 1 of those years of A1GP, Hulkenberg dominated the season for Team Germany. From then, I was convinced he is a good driver.

As of now, he is leaving Di Resta behind. Hope he finds a good team next year otherwise Force India better get very competitive.

I didn't follow it to be honest, I think I saw parts of one race while I was in University, but didn't really get much coverage. Was it any good?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:36 am 

jammin78 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

I didn't follow it to be honest, I think I saw parts of one race while I was in University, but didn't really get much coverage. Was it any good?

I did see all of the seasons. All of the cars seemed to be evenly matched. What differed were the suspension settings & the skills of the drivers as to how they would adjust to the track & the weather. It was very probable for any one to qualify in the top 3 & finish in the race in the top 3 positions. Like I said, the individual driver skills made all the difference.

I used to love the races at Brands Hatch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:39 am 

Wish I'd seen more of it now, sounds quite evenly matched and competetive. Might have to have a look for some races online!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:47 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Wish I'd seen more of it now, sounds quite evenly matched and competetive. Might have to have a look for some races online!

There were about 24 countries participating & each one had a driver from that country. The liveries of the car were either of the country's national flag or of it's national colour (sporting colour).

Every weekend of the race was divided in 2 races - Feature race & a event race. Feature race was smaller as per laps & in the event race, all had to lap within a specific pit window.

There used to be crashes & there used to be overtaking as well. All of a sudden, it stopped.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:47 pm 

heyy guys...what u said about hulkenberg is right..he is very much a talent deserving a top seat.. but some of you said di resta was poor at spa, that's because paul lost his kers at the start of the race and for a circuit like spa u can guess how much of a drawback lack of kers can be......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:52 pm 

kaka007 wrote:
heyy guys...what u said about hulkenberg is right..he is very much a talent deserving a top seat.. but some of you said di resta was poor at spa, that's because paul lost his kers at the start of the race and for a circuit like spa u can guess how much of a drawback lack of kers can be......

You are right.

Had Di Resta's KERS been working, he would've for sure been ahead of both the Toro Rosso's.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:26 pm 

EDIT: Ack! I read Nico Rosberg! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:20 pm 

Even if Hulk goes to Sauber, I think it's a good move because Sauber has been able to score podiums whereas Force India are running a bit of bad luck when it comes to scoring podiums as they have been so close (twice) on getting a podium. The Sauber car seems more f a complete package & may help Hulk in displaying his talent & potential.

Seems Sutil may take his place, as per reports from the BBC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:45 pm 

TeamSideways wrote:

They interviewed him today after the race just before they went off air on sky and there is an entire force India segment on the down time of the skysportsf1 channel with interviews with him and do resta. Many drivers don't get too much tv time. Unfortunately he is from a country with seb schumi and rosberg so even at German gp there are more high profile interviewees at hand. His time will come though if he carries on developing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm 

I expect to be seeing this in the future, Nico GP Winner. As long as the winning finger doesn't get over used :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:01 pm 

One of the nominees for the 34th Golden Raspberry Awards can be someone from Hulkenberg's management team. If Nico can not get a McLaren or Lotus drive in 2014, then the famous award should go to the contract negotiator of Nico.

There is a huge problem concerning The Hulk. I don't know what causes this but like a Blackhole there is something unseen causing instability and distortion issue for Nico's career. I only hope that unnamed blackhole won't consume his career all inside. After having a depressing message from Ferrari, he could only try to repeat his 2013 Monza performance with that Sauber car. But the real problem is, we are not sure if he has already eclipsed that performance prior in the season. Driving a dog causes many difficulties, you do your best, maybe better than Championship Leader but in the end you only get a 12th. That is really hard when you try to persuade team leaders in contract negotiations. If something* is harder than driving alongside a 4 time WDC at the same team, it is driving a dog in the midfield while having an unknown driver as teammate. Unfortunately for Nico, this is the exact situation for him right now.
All things considered, i will remain positive because i know as long as he does his best, his hard work will pay off for him; be it now or in future.

*in terms of racing perspective

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 pm 

Quote:
The recent reshuffle has hurt Nico Hulkenberg because he was offered a Ferrari drive and, a contract was on the table. Nico was offered a contract with Ferrari, apparently, but did not sign his name. All it needed was a signature and he, and his people, would have been made for life. His manager has been calling, 'Foul', but all that was needed was a signature, but Hulkenberg was holding out for more money. Silly boy, the chance is unlikely to be repeated.

Silly move by Nico.