planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 pm 

For all things Karthikeyan. Remember we will be stricter on rule enforcement in official threads.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 pm 

Cucumber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 pm 

Damn, that was funny. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:50 am 

:] :] :]

So basically the purpose of this thread is to bash him hard everytime he does some silly mistakes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 am 

Which will be easier than spelling his name....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:33 am 

Expect to see him taking Schumacher's seat when the 7-time World Champion bows out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:38 am 

I like Narain. He has some solid track records in whatever he has been in and his dad was a damn good rally driver, if I'm not mistaken. He represents India very well and is a very likeable guy, I wish he would have had a solid chance when he was younger to show he is and was a viable driver. People make fun of him being in F1, but he reminded me a lot of a Takuma Sato when he first came in, which is not a bad thing. I wish him the best this year. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:03 am 

Kiante wrote:
I like Narain. He has some solid track records in whatever he has been in and his dad was a damn good rally driver, if I'm not mistaken. He represents India very well and is a very likeable guy, I wish he would have had a solid chance when he was younger to show he is and was a viable driver. People make fun of him being in F1, but he reminded me a lot of a Takuma Sato when he first came in, which is not a bad thing. I wish him the best this year. :thumbup:

+1 on that one...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:08 am 

Could Narain hold the record or be close, to the driver that finished last most times?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 pm 

Here's one for you.

Quote:
Indeed, Stewart picked up Karthikeyan for 2000, but he was never happy in that environment and returned to Carlin for the end-of-season races in Macau and Korea. He won Korea, but it's Macau that Hieatt recalls: "There was a session where it was wet at the start, and on the first lap he was 14 seconds quicker than anyone. He was in a different league – confidence, car control and ability to steer the car with his feet as well as his hands."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
ManojHS wrote:
Could Narain hold the record or be close, to the driver that finished last most times?

He holds two F1 records I'm aware of. He was the first F1 driver ever to finish 23rd in a race (i.e. he was last in the first race to feature as many as 23 finishers). And he has subsequently become the only driver ever to finish 24th in an F1 race.

I feel bad saying anything negative in an official driver thread, but something tells me this one will be effectively redundant if we omit all negative posts!

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:25 pm 

Kiante wrote:

I'll +1 that :thumbup:

He's a nice guy and I'm glad he's in F1.
He may be the 'worst' driver in F1 at the moment, but that isn't exactly an insult in the grand scheme of things is it? No matter what 24 drivers are involved, one of them will be the worst.
I'd happily be the worst driver F1.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:29 pm 

I do like him, bless him. But he hasn't fared very well against Pedro, and while Pedro is solid he's clearly not the best driver out there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:57 pm 

I just like to see him spinning out when he's racing himself at the back, brings some entertainment at least.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:01 pm 

Lentulus wrote:
Kiante wrote:

I'll +1 that :thumbup:

He's a nice guy and I'm glad he's in F1.
He may be the 'worst' driver in F1 at the moment, but that isn't exactly an insult in the grand scheme of things is it? No matter what 24 drivers are involved, one of them will be the worst.
I'd happily be the worst driver F1.

I like him a lot. I agree with the above

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 am 

Toby. wrote:
Expect to see him taking Schumacher's seat when the 7-time World Champion bows out.

the 7-time World Champion has bowed out and Karthikeyan is not taking his seat..

And wow, he has an official thread!!!! Does he know that?