planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:48 pm 

For all things Ricciardo. Remember we will be stricter on rule enforcement in official threads.

Don't forget the games you're competing in. Someone has to get one over on us!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:07 am 

The Inside Line on Daniel Ricciardo

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 13364.html

He's a likeable bloke that Daniel. Hopefully he can sort out his race pace consistency issues! The first step is another Q3 at Monaco

GO DAN!!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:24 am 

Feature on his journey to F1

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJy1O87M7o
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY0To2_sDsU
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLFRp1cKczg

- DANIEL RICCICHIARDO, compatriot

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:01 am 

"Thanks for the advice on race starts Mark!"

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:30 am 

Tael wrote:

Thanks for the links. I enjoyed the clips! ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 pm 

Tael wrote:

great links there, thanks for that mate.

Out of interest, does anyone know how much Dan would be paid for his first year in F1???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:25 pm 

Great but ultimately disappointing race for Dan today. He showed some genuine speed against some of the midfield and was definitely on track for some possible points, would have had to overtake Button and Perez etc, but I think his tyres were much more fresh. But this lap chart shows that he had comparable pace to Perez and that the crash with Petrov really ruined his chances (obviously).

http://en.mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page ... io%20Perez

I think the reason he didn't pit during the safety car was that JEV was blocking the pit box, as they were trying to fix his car?? Hard to tell what difference it would have made, as maybe it was better that he ended up pitting later and had fresh tyres. The problem was the crash with Petrov which cost him 15 seconds. Maybe he was a bit impatient, but it seemed that he undercut Petrov and looked to be getting ahead but Petrov put in a nice late braking maneuver up the inside and unfortunately they clashed wheels. Probably need an onboard or helicopter angle to see if there was enough room left for Petrov on the inside.

But GREAT START for once!! :nod:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 pm 

Should have scored points. A very good drive, all things considered. Edging ahead in the inter-team battle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:14 am 

Yes unfortunately the championship points don't show it yet. At least we know where Verne is going to qualify next race. HRT will be happy not to be last.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:50 am 

F1zen wrote:
Should have scored points. A very good drive, all things considered. Edging ahead in the inter-team battle.

he was up to 4th at one point. He overtook Jenson on track.

Yet it all went unnoticed.

Apparently they didnt pit him under the safety car because Vergnes car was in the road.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:05 am 

Disappointing end to the race but its looking promising! He was with Webber and Schumacher for 70% of the race and had he not made contact with the backmarker he would have scored points for sure.. unfortunately that was a lost opportunity but as I said its still looking good.

Next track is Silverstone where he made his debut last year so he has experience in an F1 car there. Will be good to see how he goes this time round

#3 - Daniel Ricciardo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 am 

Stolen from Reddit

http://s13.postimage.org/u50oosvbp/ricciardo_Copy.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:06 pm 

infi24r wrote:

Yeah, great race from Daniel. Such a shame he couldn't pit under the safety car, would have probably got him to 6th or 7th by the end - TR would probably have pitted him to defend the undercutting Webber, which probably would have let Schumi past in the stops. Then Webber probably would have got past on his option tyres. He'd probably have got past Button and maybe past Di Resta, on the other hand Rosberg might have got him at the end.

And the Petrov incident was definitely not his fault.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:37 am 

Onboard lap and commentary from Dan from Q2 in Silverstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0aCU4D3nw

You can see how the final sector was ruined by yellow flags :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 am 

Dan's_the_man wrote:
Onboard lap and commentary from Dan from Q2 in Silverstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0aCU4D3nw

You can see how the final sector was ruined by yellow flags :(

Don't forget that he wasn't the only driver who would've been disadvantaged by the yellows. It looked like he was losing time to Senna through the middle part of the lap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:02 pm 

Very impressive couple of races. The car hasn't seen an update since before Silverstone and he and JEV have been performing solidly. He even overtook a Force India for fourth - on pace! - at Spa. Monza pushed them further back to where we've expected them in qualifying, but his race pace was legitimately faster than the much better Williams all race. He's not making the awful starts as much anymore, either.

Not sure if something clicked on the off-season, but his pace has taken a step up. Singapore (and the rest of the tracks, for that matter) is quite technical, so I fear we'll see both STRs back where they are expected to be from here in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:19 pm 

Toby. wrote:
Very impressive couple of races. The car hasn't seen an update since before Silverstone and he and JEV have been performing solidly. He even overtook a Force India for fourth - on pace! - at Spa. Monza pushed them further back to where we've expected them in qualifying, but his race pace was legitimately faster than the much better Williams all race. He's not making the awful starts as much anymore, either.

Not sure if something clicked on the off-season, but his pace has taken a step up. Singapore (and the rest of the tracks, for that matter) is quite technical, so I fear we'll see both STRs back where they are expected to be from here in.

Do you know what happend to Daniel on the last lap at Monza? He was all set for 10th and then all of a sudden he was 12th!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:47 pm 

He lost power after the last corner on the last lap, he just coasted over the line, absolutely gutting!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 pm 

Another one with a fuel pickup issue apparently. Really unlucky, would have put him ahead of JEV on points (where he should be on balance over the year).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 pm 

infi24r wrote:

Mark: "And here's some of my early career luck for you Dan"!

Agree that it's been a couple of very strong drives for RIC, but it will be more difficult on the circuits coming up..

- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 pm 

purchville wrote:
infi24r wrote:

Mark: "And here's some of my early career luck for you Dan"!

Agree that it's been a couple of very strong drives for RIC, but it will be more difficult on the circuits coming up..

:lol: :lol: Just wait. He's going to get an offer from what will become the best team in a couple of years but end up going to somewhere terrible instead.

History repeats itself! :uhoh:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 pm 

Dan will be in a red bull seat in 2014. A year later Seb will be gone and Dan will be the number 1 driver ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:17 pm 

http://ozformula.com/daniel-ricciardo-s ... r-failure/

failed on the last corner =/

PlanetF1 didn't cover it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 am 

Well done Ricciardo, finished in the points for the last 2 consecutive races. He's seems to be starting to take charge at Torro Rosso

Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: As good as Max in China

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:18 am 

specdecible wrote:
Well done Ricciardo, finished in the points for the last 2 consecutive races. He's seems to be starting to take charge at Torro Rosso

Should be the last 4 races, as he had that problem on the last corner in Monza whilst running P10

That Toro Rosso is clearly not fast, just have to look at the raw pace in qualifying results, but it seems he can manage the tyres and pace well in races. He also showed good race craft against Schumi at the end there

Fingers crossed he keeps this going!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:54 pm 

Ricciardo seems to have great potential. He seems to be a great qualifier , but earlier in the season struggled to convert it to points during the race. He's race pace has improved throughout the year. Hopefully they don't give him the chop like they did the other torro rosso drivers last year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:59 pm 

He's driven better than his team mate, he should be ahead of him in the points, Vergne is lucky in that respect but hopefully teams can see who the clear better driver is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:48 pm 

Ricciardo just used to be over cautious at the starts. Now he has gotten used to it he's nailing the starts and he's gone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:54 pm 

It was a pity the director didn't show more of his late battle with MSC...Micheal was 0.2-0.3 secs behind him over the start/finish line numerous times in the closing laps. Great defending from RIC, providing one of the races few highlights. He showed a lot of class. I think he's 12-3 up in qualy now too, and has twice the number of points finishes as JEV.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 pm 

Great defensive driving today. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 pm 

"Then right at the end, I was holding off Michael and I was really pleased to have won that battle. It’s always tougher when you are the slower car in a duel, but with good advice from the pit wall on how to use the KERS to defend in the DRS zone, I managed it. Our work rate as a team has improved and I’m very pleased with the way I drove under pressure. It’s not every day you have a seven times world champion on your tail and given he only has a few more races, it was nice to have a battle with him to put in my scrapbook!”

From: http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2012/10/ricciardo-claims-final-point-for-toro-rosso/

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm 

Great race Rici :) driver of the day for me!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:29 am 

He's taken a big step up since the start of the year. He'd shown he was quick in tests and practice sessions previously, but at the start of '12 he struggled to get everything right on a consistent basis. Around the half-way mark of the season (coincidentally the point in which they stopped developing the car) he really began showing maturity in his driving. No mistakes in qualifying, no mistakes in the race.

After Spa I thought that'd probably be it for points in 2012. The other teams will push past from here.
After Monza and the fuel line failure on the last corner whilst running 9th, I thought the same.
In Singapore I thought the same.
In Japan he's again in the points.

It's a shame he's still behind Jean-Eric, but Korea shouldn't be too bad for the STR7. Then again, I can't really tell where its big weaknesses are. It wasn't supposed to be great at Suzuka.

Unless the lack of development catches up on them, there's no reason to think he won't be ahead of Vergne come the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 am 

Toby. wrote:
He's taken a big step up since the start of the year. He'd shown he was quick in tests and practice sessions previously, but at the start of '12 he struggled to get everything right on a consistent basis. Around the half-way mark of the season (coincidentally the point in which they stopped developing the car) he really began showing maturity in his driving. No mistakes in qualifying, no mistakes in the race.

After Spa I thought that'd probably be it for points in 2012. The other teams will push past from here.
After Monza and the fuel line failure on the last corner whilst running 9th, I thought the same.
In Singapore I thought the same.
In Japan he's again in the points.

It's a shame he's still behind Jean-Eric, but Korea shouldn't be too bad for the STR7. Then again, I can't really tell where its big weaknesses are. It wasn't supposed to be great at Suzuka.

Unless the lack of development catches up on them, there's no reason to think he won't be ahead of Vergne come the end of the season.

:thumbup:

Agreed. As I said it's now 4 points finishes to 2 compared to Vergne....but, it could have been 6-2 if it weren't for the racing incident in Valencia and a dodgy fuel line on the last corner in Italy. The boy is quick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:00 am 

Another good drive from Ricciardo in Austin, pitty it didn't relate into points but finished just 0.5 sec behind Perez and 9.2 sec behind 10th after starting 18th with only 2 dnfs in the race, 1 of which didn't affect his position.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 am 

He has been having some solid drives lately

#3 - Daniel Ricciardo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:26 am 

Apparently the reason for the poor start in Australia was because of a tyre blanket malfunction.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:30 am 

Start of what was a fairly disappointing race, really. On the back foot when the lights went out and I'm not sure his strategy of starting on the mediums was a great one. Worked his way up to 7th, which surprised me, but the exhaust ended it all eventually. I've been told that his car sounded more like a V8 Supercar than an F1 car towards the end of his run.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 am 

Da-Ric: AAAHHH!!!! My pants itch like crazy. I told that laundry cleaning guy to put some snuggle. They used bounce.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am 

not great by dan still not sure how much the start was the cars fault or his fault