planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:40 pm 

Maldonado was fantastic 21st to 11th and was with the Ferrari, McLaren battle before his puncture. Made more progress than Schumi did.

He must be one of the unluckiest drivers on the grid this year, could have scored in all 4 races. One time missed out due to his own fault, two times through no fault of his own. Senna had a bit of an off day.

DRS effect should be not as powerful in Barca so I think there will be a better quali there.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:04 pm 

Podium more than possible tommorrow, great long run pace.

Disaapointed with Bruno Senna.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:09 pm 

If they're celebrating Frank's birthday this weekend, how come all the references says it was April 16?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 pm 

So happy to See Williams up front! What a great job by the team and especially Pastor! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:39 pm 

If Williams had a driver like Hamilton they would have had pole on pure pace.

Running with drivers who are inconsistent could cost them. I wonder if they could lure someone like Hekki for next season.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:59 pm 

infi24r wrote:
If Williams had a driver like Hamilton they would have had pole on pure pace.

Running with drivers who are inconsistent could cost them. I wonder if they could lure someone like Hekki for next season.

The same Heikki who was beaten by Petrov today and was McLaren's worst driver since Andretti.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:12 pm 

Good old Sam Michael. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:14 pm 

kingjamie wrote:
Good old Sam Michael. :lol:

Jaime, great minds think alike man! I thought of the same thing! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:29 pm 

Shocker from senna but starting on hard tyres so might be able to work with strategy to get a point or two. Missing out on fp1 doesn't seem to helping.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:38 am 

Just one thing to be said: Williams/Renault back on Pole! :D Just taste it... Good no? :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:45 pm 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!! Finally!1 Thank you Williams and especially thank you PASTOR!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:54 pm 

Alcohol is now permitted in this thread :P - I can see this party lasting!

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:59 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Alcohol is now permitted in this thread :P - I can see this party lasting!

:lol:
Great! Bring on the Champagne boys and girls!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:01 pm 

Merge it with the Dog House, mods? :P

Seriously, AWESOME race today, I thought at about lap 59 we were screwed, then the rear tyres on the Ferrari went off, and I started jumping about.

Got some dodgy looks through the window, but I don't care :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:03 pm 

Whew, what a nailbiter. Finally Williams is back for good! I admit, I lost all hope last year, but it's great to see them back at the top.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:14 pm 

Was happy with P4 but a win and lapping Red Bull, flipping awesome. :] :] :] :]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:28 pm 

What a result. I was never in doubt! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:35 pm 

Congratulation to Williams and their fans, a truly memorable victory for years to come.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:39 pm 

Absolutely stoked for Williams Renault F1 Team - great result and well deserved after years in the wilderness.

So happy right now!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:51 pm 

When you finally think Williams would be able to celebrate again something like this happens (fire). Hopefully everyone will be ok and Pastor and the team will have some celebration before Monaco.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:12 pm 

Decent race pace from Senna, bad strategy to pit on same lap as Kimi.

Senna needs to sort out quali.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:18 pm 

Senna hasn't done that bad. He just had a bad weekend in Barcelona. Before that race, Senna was leading Pastor by 10 points. He was quick as a kid so he must still have that natural talent. I'm really hoping he will improve because he seems like such a nice guy.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:53 pm 

kingjamie wrote:
Decent race pace from Senna, bad strategy to pit on same lap as Kimi.

Senna needs to sort out quali.

Agreed, Williams made a bad move to call him in when Raikonnen did, he should have continued. Would have finished with the Force India's. Decent race though.

I guess Pastor made his own bad weekend....

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm 

Maldonado definitely has the upper hand knowledge on something and I think it's the tyres. Either the way he's driving it or a certain set-up he is doing. He was way ahead of Bruno in Quali.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:26 pm 

SkylineGT-R wrote:
Maldonado definitely has the upper hand knowledge on something and I think it's the tyres. Either the way he's driving it or a certain set-up he is doing. He was way ahead of Bruno in Quali.

Quote:
Q: Bruno was more competitive in race trim than in qualifying. Why was that, and what does he need to do to qualify higher?
MG: Bruno was very honest after qualifying admitting that he could have done better and he pushed hard through the race but was ultimately frustrated by Kimi who held him up. We will continue to work hard with Bruno in the simulator and on the track to help him maximise the new tyres' performance.

A member in the "Bruno Senna Thread" also suspected this as did I. He and I knew all along that Bruno had trouble understanding how to work the tyres and I also believe that Maldonado knows how to but isn't sharing it which is understandable to have an advantage against his teammate. Hopefully Bruno can find this hidden knowledge to improve his Quali massively and an extra gain to his already somewhat good race pace.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:12 am 

Funilly enough, its the opposite to what happened last season, Senna showed strong Q pace but struggled in races at Reno.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:54 pm 

Agressive new low downforce rear wing for Canada.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100177

The car has got great brake stabilty so I expect Pastor in Q3, Bruno gets the full weekend again so hope he fixes the problems about his quali issues. See they have improved the DRS so quali results should be better than they were in the first few races and the car seems to have good tyre management, so a double points finish with an outside chance of a podium is possible, but expect Merc, Lotus, Ferrari, Sauber & McLaren to be strong too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:58 am 

I'm glad Williams have agood car this year, and I think Maldanado is doing a good job - he's exciting to watch, and he's a bit controversial, he has character, which is good. The one nagging thing, I wonder just how good the car really is? What would an elite driver be able to do with it? If you look at GP2, when Malds and Hulkenberg were teamates, Nico completely kicked Pastor's pickle. If you stick Hamilton or Vettel in that car, does it become a genuine contender? And if so, it may be a good, underrated seat to have in the drivers market.

From what i understand, Maldanado's seat is safe, through both sponsorship, and now performance, but Bruno better up his game, that Williams seat is suddenly looking pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:21 am 

I kind of agree. I believe Bruno has the ability but he has a lot more people to convince and results will be the only way.
I certainly don't believe however that Rubens would have done much better and I think Frank Williams must of thought the same as he certainly isn't very sentimental about his drivers.
Who out of the current crop of established drivers would consider a williams drive? Massa maybe, Kubica to get back in to f1? I think both have past their best. I'm not convinced that Bottas is the best Senna replacement as his Fp1 times are hard to read when not everyone is going for fast laps in fp1.
Jaime Alguersuari on the other hand may be able to produce reliable results and now that he has cut ties with redbull maybe this is the team he has eyes on. Haven't heard any rumours to connect the two so it must be true! :]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 pm 
Heikki Kulta has interviewed the reporters in the media-center again:

Quote:
Time to change?

F1, 8.6.2012 21:32, heikki.kulta

The Champion's wall on Gilles Villeneuve's track got a new victim when Bruno Senna crashed his Williams this cloudy Friday afternoon.

While they were cleaning up the track they already started to debate in the media center for how long the British team can afford to have a driver who is this mistake-prone.

My buddy David Tremayne said out straight that if 'your driver' - meaning Valtteri Bottas – would have been in the car, then the accident wouldn't have taken place.

From that I got the idea to ask my colleagues if they believe that Bottas would race for Williams already this season.

– If Senna continues the same way then Bottas will jump in the car, Autosport's Jonathan Noble says.

– Williams have a good car and they are racing for points if they can finish the race. Bottas looks like a mistake-free driver. I'd say he has a 15 % chance to replace Senna already this season.

MTV3:s Oskari Saari says that as a Finn he of course hopes that Bottas would race as soon as possible for Williams.

– But I doubt it happens. I would believe that only if there is some disturbance with Senna's money-traffic, then Valtteri wuld have a possibility to get to races this year, Saari thinks.

British long-time reporter Maurice Hamilton who knows Frank Williams inside out, doesn't give hope to Finnish wishes.

– I don't think that they will change driver in Williams - unless Senna continues to crash like this. The team needs firstly and mostly his funding, Hamilton thinks.

Auto, Motor und Sport's Michael Schmidt is the most radical.

– Bottas has good chances of getting to races already this season. I would say that the possibility of replacing Senna at some point this season is at least 30 %. Senna just makes too many mistakes, Schmidt said.

My Brazilian friend Livio Oricchio is naturally standing on his countryman's side.

– Bruno will drive until the end of the season with 100% certainity. He has a watertight contract which covers 20 races, Oricchio emphasizes.

Luis Vasconcelos is also of the same opinion.

– Bottas will get to races only if one of Williams-team's drivers is injured, Vasconcelos believes.

Speed Week's Mathias Brunner shook his head when Senna drove out.

– If this kind of fiddling continues, then I believe that Bottas has good chances of getting Senna's seat already this season. I know that they are at least considering it seriously already now, Brunner said.

Auto Sprint's Alberto Antonini doesn't reject Senna.

– I guess that in the final games the money he brings to the team means more than these costly driving mistakes, Antonini thinks.

http://blogit.ts.fi/formulablogi/2012/0 ... on-paikka/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 pm 

Williams very rarely fires drivers mid-seaon for perfomance reasons, I think Senna won't be there next year espically with Bottas doing well in FPs. Senna was all over the place before his crash and I could see it coming.

Good long run pace for Maldonado today, think a top 6 result is possible but won't be easy. Like in the past few races looks like they have been running heavy in Friday's and the wing looks like it is working. :thumbup:

Such a shame Maldonado messed up in Australia and Monaco, he could have been right up in P6-7 in the WDC standings and around 25-30 points off Alonso.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 pm 

I think the Williams is one of the best cars on the grid, it kinda annoys me to read the Williams press release when they talk about "aiming to get both cars in the points" because they should be hoping for more. But maybe they don't want to reveal they think they'll be quick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:47 am 

Bruno is doing terrible and that's from a fan. He can't keep his head cool during qualifying and he's making all sorts of mistakes. Maldonado is completely annihilating him in Quali, come on Bruno learn the tyres and get a good set-up. Complete opposite of last season's performance, points Bruno POINTS! That Williams is definitely at least top 8 material, just getting frustrating for him and his fans at this point. Will be rooting for B.Senna as usual, race pace is good so far.. hopefully the same in 12 hours time.

"Trance had become a dirty word. Thanks to Ian Van Dahl, Lasgo, Flip 'N' Fill and DJ Sammy, a generation of kids has grown up thinking trance is the shittiest music since country and western." - Paul Van Dyk (MixMag DJ)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:35 pm 

A poor weekend in Canada. They need to go home and think about what they are doing. I thought both drivers seemed totally under prepared for the circuit and the team in general didn't even think about a different strategy ala Lotus or Sauber. Disapointed :frown:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:21 pm 

Yeah, very poor weekend... Seems Pastor's speed he showed during qualif disappeared during the race. Bruno ran like he had no speed at all... Something just isn't right there.. I won't deny I cheer for Bruno but the performance today was just...bad..

But look at what Button is experiencing.. Just hope the team doesn't go backwards!

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

Last edited by XploZiV on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 pm 

Maldonado had a great first stint but struggled later on, Valencia and Silverstone should by more to the FW34's liking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:52 am 

Maldonado had a good charge during his 1st stint and then stayed there. Bruno was matching pace with Petrov and his Caterham, even Kovalinen was faster for some laps. For the Williams team this is a weekend to forget. Bruno needs to get his act together, like I said before the FW34 is definitely Top 8 material. Button and Senna are in the same wagon at the moment, hopefully they both figure out their situation. As usual, will be rooting for Bruno and in 2 weeks time I'd like to see set-up and quali improvements.

"Trance had become a dirty word. Thanks to Ian Van Dahl, Lasgo, Flip 'N' Fill and DJ Sammy, a generation of kids has grown up thinking trance is the shittiest music since country and western." - Paul Van Dyk (MixMag DJ)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 pm 

My dearest condolences to all Williams fans, who have to bear with 2 drivers, who are crashing and making mistakes at least once in every race. Instead of cheering for youngsters like di Resta or Perez, who not only have speed, but also with experience they are driving much cleaner than last year and are making little to no contact with other competitors, you have to experience crashfest week in, week out. I'm very sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:28 pm 

Good drive from Maldonado today. If FW can calm him down he could become a great driver. I didn't think the Senna incident was totally his fault.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:31 pm 

What the feck is Alex Wurz doing?