Time to change?
F1, 8.6.2012 21:32, heikki.kulta
The Champion's wall on Gilles Villeneuve's track got a new victim when Bruno Senna crashed his Williams this cloudy Friday afternoon.
While they were cleaning up the track they already started to debate in the media center for how long the British team can afford to have a driver who is this mistake-prone.
My buddy David Tremayne
said out straight that if 'your driver' - meaning Valtteri Bottas – would have been in the car, then the accident wouldn't have taken place.
From that I got the idea to ask my colleagues if they believe that Bottas would race for Williams already this season.
– If Senna continues the same way then Bottas will jump in the car, Autosport's Jonathan Noble
– Williams have a good car and they are racing for points if they can finish the race. Bottas looks like a mistake-free driver. I'd say he has a 15 % chance to replace Senna already this season.
MTV3:s Oskari Saari
says that as a Finn he of course hopes that Bottas would race as soon as possible for Williams.
– But I doubt it happens. I would believe that only if there is some disturbance with Senna's money-traffic, then Valtteri wuld have a possibility to get to races this year, Saari thinks.
British long-time reporter Maurice Hamilton
who knows Frank Williams inside out, doesn't give hope to Finnish wishes.
– I don't think that they will change driver in Williams - unless Senna continues to crash like this. The team needs firstly and mostly his funding, Hamilton thinks.Auto, Motor und Sport's Michael Schmidt
is the most radical.
– Bottas has good chances of getting to races already this season. I would say that the possibility of replacing Senna at some point this season is at least 30 %. Senna just makes too many mistakes, Schmidt said.
My Brazilian friend Livio Oricchio
is naturally standing on his countryman's side.
– Bruno will drive until the end of the season with 100% certainity. He has a watertight contract which covers 20 races, Oricchio emphasizes.Luis Vasconcelos
is also of the same opinion.
– Bottas will get to races only if one of Williams-team's drivers is injured, Vasconcelos believes.Speed Week's Mathias Brunner
shook his head when Senna drove out.
– If this kind of fiddling continues, then I believe that Bottas has good chances of getting Senna's seat already this season. I know that they are at least considering it seriously already now, Brunner said.Auto Sprint's Alberto Antonini
doesn't reject Senna.
– I guess that in the final games the money he brings to the team means more than these costly driving mistakes, Antonini thinks.http://blogit.ts.fi/formulablogi/2012/0 ... on-paikka/