planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:49 pm 

Sorry don't agree here. I think Bruno drove a good race. He was on the same strategy as Michael and had no issues following him up until that incident, which I think was not his fault. I actually feel sorry for him. He would have gotten a very nice result.

As would Pastor until he did his silly move on Lewis... Shame for the team...

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:11 pm 

I honestly don't know how Bruno got a penalty for that?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:31 pm 

Me neither.... It's just one of those... He would have had more points.

I really believe Bruno could have been where Michael ended. If only he could get his qualif trim sorted out...

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:36 pm 

XploZiV wrote:
Me neither.... It's just one of those... He would have had more points.

I really believe Bruno could have been where Michael ended. If only he could get his qualif trim sorted out...

Totally agree. But if he qualified better he would get caught less often by slow traffic and wouldn't have to resort to one stop stratergies that make him look like a turtle. He certainly looked after those option tyres better than Schumacher did with the primes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:28 am 

Maldonado I dunno, reminds me of Damon Hill in 1995 mighty fast but kept threw it off the road (Britian, Japan, Italy, Nurburgring etc) Germany was a car failure if i recall correctly. He just needs to calm down a little as you could say he has thrown away 30+ points at least from silly little incidents (though he was unlcuky in Bahrain). Also Juan Montoya in 2001/2002 had a few over-aggresive moves (some which payed off with fantastic results others less less) so but learnt from that in 2003 and so nearly took the WDC, not saying Maldonado is as good as these two but I see simialrties of sorts and there is room for improvement and he has already proven he can win in F1.

Bruno Senna's race pace has been OK, not as quick as Maldonado's but solid and enough for decent points finish (bar Bahrain & Canada), today without the Kobayashi collison (can't aportion blame as I haven't seen a replay) he could have been in the top 6 fight as he was shadowing Webber/Schumacher and he did pull a great pass on Perez, needs to sort the quali out though as qualifying on the 7th row all the time is just asking to be involved in incidents (bit strange that as he showed decent Q pace last year).

Williams are paying the price for some poor seasons as they are having to rely on financed drivers who lack F1 experience, although these drivers nowadays at least have decent ability.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:22 pm 

Great interview with Sir Frank Williams

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/07/frank-williams-f1-lewis-hamilton?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:58 am 

Williams F1: "Williams F1 would like to confirm that the Senna logo that was created as a tribute following Ayrton’s tragic death in 1994, has not been removed, nor do we have any intention of removing it from our cars. Ayrton will never be forgotten"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 am 

Considering that Bottas is currently partaking in the YDT at Silverstone, its seems weird that Williams also let him run the FP1 session over the race weekend. Surely it would've been better for Senna to run FP1?

Unless the decision to participate in the YDT was made after the race weekend, it just seems crazy they let Bottas run FP1 on Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:40 am 

As far as I know, it's a contractual fact that Bottas would get Senna's car every for every GP's FP1, except for the the streettracks like Monaco, Singapore,...

That's the reason why it's always Senna's car, and not Maldonado's. Bottas was signed before they signed Senna so probably Maldonado had some say into it.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:54 am 

:thumbup: :thumbup: to Williams for giving their reserve driver seat time, I respect that a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 am 

Well, the car is definitely pretty good this season, and Maldonado have a win, but do you think Williams can ever compete on the highest level again (WDC & WCC)? With the economy in the sport I am starting to doubt it.. Sure they have the know-how to build a fast car, but it takes money, and the only way for a private team to get that kind of money seems to be from "Pay drivers".
I really admire Williams and especially Sir Frank for what he has achieved but I fear that the golden days are forever gone..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:28 pm 

Good chance to put a nice gap on Force India and close the gap to Sauber, if only Maldo was a tenth quicker. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:01 pm 

The start made the differnce today, good one from Bruno and not such a great one for Mald.

Good race pace from Bruno.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:16 pm 

Bruno did a great job today. Seemed like a calm, controlled race.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 pm 

Think this winter break will do Maldonado good, going back to Venezuela for a few weeks and take his mind off racing, he had a great race at Spa last year, from 21st to tenths in the POS FW33.

Think the penalty was a tad harsh today.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 am 

Too early to decide on 2013 driver line-up says Wolff.

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/425753/Too_early_to_decide_2013_drivers_says_Williams_director/

I do sense a bit of frustration towards Pastor, or isn't it? :

“We have seen the driver [Maldonado] being very good this year in Barcelona – or was that the car? It’s difficult to answer.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am 

XploZiV wrote:
Too early to decide on 2013 driver line-up says Wolff.

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/425753/Too_early_to_decide_2013_drivers_says_Williams_director/

I do sense a bit of frustration towards Pastor, or isn't it? :

“We have seen the driver [Maldonado] being very good this year in Barcelona – or was that the car? It’s difficult to answer.

Ouch! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:40 pm 

Ok race, bit lucky to get the point in the end, nice to see Pastor have a clean race and not lost much to Force India in the WCC on their best track and our worst.

Singapore and Suzuka should be much better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:43 pm 

Yeah, but I can't help noticing the car's falling behind a bit compared to other teams..

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 pm 

Lost a lot on low speed corners Williams has a high speed cornering car really, I felt a bit bad for Bruno had it been Alonso on receiving ends of those clashes not Bruno then Di resta and rosberg would have received drive throughs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 am 

this is not a direct news on F1, but it might affect Williams, since opposition was against PDVSA contract

Quote:
Chavez in critical condition with three months to live

http://en.mercopress.com/2012/12/13/cha ... lan-doctor

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 am 

Denorth wrote:
this is not a direct news on F1, but it might affect Williams, since opposition was against PDVSA contract

Quote:
Chavez in critical condition with three months to live

http://en.mercopress.com/2012/12/13/cha ... lan-doctor

i doubt it will effect 2013 as the money probably transferred hands as soon as the contract was signed but i do hope it happens it would be funny totto wolf claiming it wasn't financial suicide getting rid of senna, two months down the line suddenly in the sh*t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 pm 

Looking forward to the new season! FW35 looks promising, Maldo back in the monkey seat and Bottas ready to prove himself.

Lets hope all the instability behind the seasons at williams this off season does not affect race strategy and crew morale.

SENNA

PF1 Competition
2 Podium finishes - 2nd in Bahrain '13, 1st in Hungary '13
15th place in 2014
41st place in 2013

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:16 am 

#BOTTAS and Pastor need to bring Williams back to its former glory. Strongest driver line up Williams has had in 6 years.

Hopefully by delaying the launch of the FW-35 Williams found something technically to bring them even with the big boys once again. Their only chance in the constructors will be to start the season strong.

As well as Pastor was running in Australia in 2012 IMO he should be fighting for the podium. Does anyone else feel this way?

I mean he as proven to be a race winner so lets get on with it now. Lets not let Hugo's money go to waste.

#BOTTAS is in a good position to finish like Perez in 2012 possibly snag a podium or two en route to 10th in the standings. Would be a fantastic rookie season.

I mean everyone rates this guy highly and say he has the rarely seen raw speed.

Let's hope for Frank's sake he does ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:02 pm 

Maldonado shows a lot of promise, can't wait to see what Bottas can do!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:18 pm 

I know Melbourne is a unique circuit, and that it was only practice but todays showing wasn't too promising :uhoh:

Does anybody know which driver was running which sidepod design? Maybe that had an impact as well?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106009?

I hope the decision to re-design 80% of what was quite a successful car won't backfire and turn into a repeat of 2011

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:39 pm 

Really disappointing seeing the Williams in Q1.. I keep believing every start of a new season that we will see at least a bit of the "old" Williams. This year, considering they seemed to get somewhere last season, I thought they would impress, especially with a promising Bottas, but it doesn't look good. And with Maldonado's comment, lack of big sponsors, departing personnel they seem to be in a very dark place..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:01 pm 

Finally it feels like Williams is back! Haven't been this good in about 10 years. I'm really happy for Sir Frank Williams.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:43 pm 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116221

Williams has tended to be less competitive in wet conditions than in dry with this year's FW36, and the team's performance chief Rob Smedley said while losing out to Red Bull was no surprise, defeat to Button would require serious examination. "From a performance point of view, what we have to think about is the McLaren, because they were certainly very quick, and that's not the case when we go to street circuits. "My main focus will be to look at what they did and understand why they were quite a bit quicker than us."