planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 am 

Exediron wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Leah Pritchett won this weekend in the NHRA Top Fuel class. She has now won the first two events of the season, which hasn't happened in the Top Fuel class in 20 years! She beat another woman, Brittany Force, in the final on Sunday.

I've always somewhat wondered why so many more women are competitive in drag racing than any other field of motorsport. Certainly despite the G-forces those things are generating they don't seem to have any troubles physically.

I wonder if it could be the nature of family teams in the lower categories where the girls who are inclined are turning wrenches from an early age and racing in "run what you brung" classes cheaply. Also how far up the ladder you can go with an operation like that.

Essentially drag racing is more egalitarian than most other types of Motorsport.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:49 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Exediron wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Leah Pritchett won this weekend in the NHRA Top Fuel class. She has now won the first two events of the season, which hasn't happened in the Top Fuel class in 20 years! She beat another woman, Brittany Force, in the final on Sunday.

I've always somewhat wondered why so many more women are competitive in drag racing than any other field of motorsport. Certainly despite the G-forces those things are generating they don't seem to have any troubles physically.

I wonder if it could be the nature of family teams in the lower categories where the girls who are inclined are turning wrenches from an early age and racing in "run what you brung" classes cheaply. Also how far up the ladder you can go with an operation like that.

Essentially drag racing is more egalitarian than most other types of Motorsport.

Exactly right. The Force family is a great example.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 pm 

A podium today for Calderon in her first Renault 3.5 weekend.