planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 am 

I've recently got my girlfriend into watching live motorsport (still doesn't like it on TV) and we are off to Kent for a wedding on the 24th and i noticed the British Rallycross championships are on the 26-27th. So i thought we'd go down on the 26th and watch an epic day of racing (I used to live pretty close to there as a kid and we would go down every couple of months).

After trying to find out what was on each day, and also whether i could buy tickets online (apparantly i can't) i ended up bouncing around the net until i got to this page:

http://www.facebook.com/Mayhemactionsports

Apparantly the British Rallycross Championship is no longer exciting enough to handle a full day's action, but now it has to share the bill with motocross (yawn), Drift (Pointless) and.... BMX! :(...

And then i noticed that the Sunday (usually the day of much exciting racing) is just the heats...

Needless to say, i won't be going... Would anyone else actually be interested with that line up, i mean Rallycross (sorry, it's now 'RallyX') is streets above the others in terms of excitement... BMX? i wasn't excited about that back in the 80's when i was 12.

Really disappointed,

Mike......

(EDIT: Whoops was browsing the wrong forum when i posted this, want to move it over, or delete and i'll post again?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 am 

That's a shame man, I could at least enjoy the moto but racing ain't racing if a judge has to decide if you did it well enough.

Maybe they could add some speakers to the BMXs and give them engine sounds, or chuck a playing card in their spokes?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:16 pm 

Now it's in the right place (Thanks Mods), just wondered if anyone else has any thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 pm 

Every race meeting has support events. Rallycross, sadly, is trying to appeal to the copy cat generation of flat peaked hats, dubstep 'music', and modified Honda Civics by having trendy drift and BMX shows in order to flog tickets. I think they're aiming at the wrong audience personally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:33 pm 

GoOnJenson wrote:
Every race meeting has support events. Rallycross, sadly, is trying to appeal to the copy cat generation of flat peaked hats, dubstep 'music', and modified Honda Civics by having trendy drift and BMX shows in order to flog tickets. I think they're aiming at the wrong audience personally.

Yeah, the weird thing is, as far as the basic motorsport as a spectacle, it's probably the most exciting spectator circuit racing of all so it's the one that needs the least extra. i just think it is has been terribly advertised so that no one even knows what it is. Used to be great when it was televised in the 80's now touring cars has took over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:33 am 

I suggest people watch the BMX racing from the Olympics... It was f*$king awesome!

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:08 am 

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
I suggest people watch the BMX racing from the Olympics... It was f*$king awesome!

what he said, seriously this BMX thing, if they have some good guys is a whole lot better than the rubbish you will likely see otherwise when you was 12 with your mates down at the skate park, check out some Olympic coverage of the BMX events, sure there are some vids on youtube

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:14 pm 

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:

Yeah, it was but i wouldn't want to go and watch it on a Sunday afternoon with my wife! It's kind of like watching the Clio's racing when you go to see the BTCC, yeah it's great but it's not what you came and paid money to watch.
I was going to say something about Darts in a pub when your having a beer but that would have been an insult to the BMX'ers so i didn't.
By the way, MOTO X ? Nah, does that mean X men is cross men? angry or dressers? Pathetic attempt to fall in line with "modern thinking" i feel.