planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:40 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India
Tomorrow's race should be exciting as always!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm
Posts: 314
I would place a cheeky bet on Bottas to win this one. I expect both Hamilton and Vettel to get penalised for their "actions"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 747
BlackMan wrote:
I would place a cheeky bet on Bottas to win this one. I expect both Hamilton and Vettel to get penalised for their "actions"


They've all suspended betting on the race win since those incidents.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm
Posts: 314
Johnson wrote:
BlackMan wrote:
I would place a cheeky bet on Bottas to win this one. I expect both Hamilton and Vettel to get penalised for their "actions"


They've all suspended betting on the race win since those incidents.


Yup, you are right. I've had a look myself soon after I've wrote this. I do wonder if you were able to bet after Q2 on the race winner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 am
Posts: 1230
Did both Ferraris do Q2 on softs? That could be an advantage if the race stays dry.

I'm hoping for some rain so the Red Bulls get involved. Ricciardo is due a good result before he moves on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2651
Location: England
BlackMan wrote:
Johnson wrote:
BlackMan wrote:
I would place a cheeky bet on Bottas to win this one. I expect both Hamilton and Vettel to get penalised for their "actions"


They've all suspended betting on the race win since those incidents.


Yup, you are right. I've had a look myself soon after I've wrote this. I do wonder if you were able to bet after Q2 on the race winner.


All the major websites have things in place to catch you doing things like this, even the slight delay of the TV signal is usually enough time for them to suspend betting on anything televised, the bet in play football stuff gets suspended at the drop of the hat if it looks like something big is about to happen.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Final positon: 1st | 3 Podiums | 2 Wins
2018 Pick 10 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Posts: 352
chetan_rao wrote:
Did both Ferraris do Q2 on softs? That could be an advantage if the race stays dry.

I'm hoping for some rain so the Red Bulls get involved. Ricciardo is due a good result before he moves on.


yes, both ferraris qualified on the softs, hope the race starts dry then rain arrives mid race to spice things up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 747
Does anybody know if all teams will be able to start the race with free choice of tyres? Since the sessions was officially deemed mixed conditions with the FIA announcing an offiical change in track conditions. This usually means you do not have to use the Q2 tyres to start the race?

Maybe I am wrong as nobody seemed to mention this in Qualifying.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Posts: 2956
Location: UK
Johnson wrote:
Does anybody know if all teams will be able to start the race with free choice of tyres? Since the sessions was officially deemed mixed conditions with the FIA announcing an offiical change in track conditions. This usually means you do not have to use the Q2 tyres to start the race?

Maybe I am wrong as nobody seemed to mention this in Qualifying.

A fair point. No one's mentioned anything so I'm going to assume that they have to use the Q2 tyres, and that requirement only gets waived if a) the intermediates/wets are actually used in qualifying or b) there is a change in track conditions on race day. Don't know for certain though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Finland
j man wrote:
Johnson wrote:
Does anybody know if all teams will be able to start the race with free choice of tyres? Since the sessions was officially deemed mixed conditions with the FIA announcing an offiical change in track conditions. This usually means you do not have to use the Q2 tyres to start the race?

Maybe I am wrong as nobody seemed to mention this in Qualifying.

A fair point. No one's mentioned anything so I'm going to assume that they have to use the Q2 tyres, and that requirement only gets waived if a) the intermediates/wets are actually used in qualifying or b) there is a change in track conditions on race day. Don't know for certain though.

Is it really so? I mean doesn't that allow a loophole if just one of the cars completes a lap with inters on a dry track? Surely someone would've already done that if it was possible.

_________________
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2651
Location: England
froze wrote:
j man wrote:
Johnson wrote:
Does anybody know if all teams will be able to start the race with free choice of tyres? Since the sessions was officially deemed mixed conditions with the FIA announcing an offiical change in track conditions. This usually means you do not have to use the Q2 tyres to start the race?

Maybe I am wrong as nobody seemed to mention this in Qualifying.

A fair point. No one's mentioned anything so I'm going to assume that they have to use the Q2 tyres, and that requirement only gets waived if a) the intermediates/wets are actually used in qualifying or b) there is a change in track conditions on race day. Don't know for certain though.

Is it really so? I mean doesn't that allow a loophole if just one of the cars completes a lap with inters on a dry track? Surely someone would've already done that if it was possible.


The FIA have to announce a change in the climactic conditions, which I believe they did do.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Final positon: 1st | 3 Podiums | 2 Wins
2018 Pick 10 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 546
Flash2k11 wrote:
froze wrote:
j man wrote:
Johnson wrote:
Does anybody know if all teams will be able to start the race with free choice of tyres? Since the sessions was officially deemed mixed conditions with the FIA announcing an offiical change in track conditions. This usually means you do not have to use the Q2 tyres to start the race?

Maybe I am wrong as nobody seemed to mention this in Qualifying.

A fair point. No one's mentioned anything so I'm going to assume that they have to use the Q2 tyres, and that requirement only gets waived if a) the intermediates/wets are actually used in qualifying or b) there is a change in track conditions on race day. Don't know for certain though.

Is it really so? I mean doesn't that allow a loophole if just one of the cars completes a lap with inters on a dry track? Surely someone would've already done that if it was possible.


The FIA have to announce a change in the climactic conditions, which I believe they did do.

If they set their time on dry tyres rather than inters/wets then I believe that is what decides it. Not sure what they'd do if half managed a lap on drys and the rest were on inters/wets though, so maybe that's when it changes?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 613
Location: Kansas
Fernando wants a twelve pitstop race. Wet, dry, wet, dry, wet, dry..... :lol:

All issues involving Seb and Lewis seem to have resolved themselves so the only penalties are for Daniel and Esteban as far as I know.

Ferrari had issues with their tires yesterday, I wonder how that will work for them tomorrow.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 2668
Mercedes have contested 98 races in the hybrid era. Hamilton has won 49 (50%) of them. If he wins here (or in AD) it'll be a nice round 50 out of a 100.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 5017
shoot999 wrote:
Mercedes have contested 98 races in the hybrid era. Hamilton has won 49 (50%) of them. If he wins here (or in AD) it'll be a nice round 50 out of a 100.


Altogether Mercedes would've won about 75% of the races in the hybrid era if that happens.

8O

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 747
Given that it was 100% baring a mess up during 2014-2016 it seems low seeing it at 75% now.

12/20 last year
9/19 this year

21/39 - 54%

If the trend continues then next year is going to see them toppled


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 747
Has a driver ever scored 7 2nd places in a season without a race win? Bottas this year. Maybe he can break it tomorrow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 613
Location: Kansas
Johnson wrote:
Given that it was 100% baring a mess up during 2014-2016 it seems low seeing it at 75% now.

12/20 last year
9/19 this year

21/39 - 54%

If the trend continues then next year is going to see them toppled


You are assuming a two way contest. Christian Horner has assured us that there will be a three way battle for the championship by the end of the year. Anything even close to 50% could easily win a three way contest.

This year the wins are as follows.
Merc - 9/19
Ferrari - 6/19
Red Bull - 4/19

If both drivers contribute, the WCC could go to a team who only won in the low 40% to high 30% win rate given a hard fought three way battle.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 5017
Johnson wrote:
Given that it was 100% baring a mess up during 2014-2016 it seems low seeing it at 75% now.

12/20 last year
9/19 this year

21/39 - 54%

If the trend continues then next year is going to see them toppled


The longer the time period the more impressive it seems to me. It's probably been dropping every year but for 5 seasons and 100 races I think 75% is pretty remarkable.

Does anyone know what was Lotus's in the 60's,McLaren's in the 80's and Ferrari's in the early 00's best 5yr period percentage wise?

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India
Provisional grid:

1 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:07.281
2 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 0.093s
3 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 0.16s
4 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 0.175s
5 Max Verstappen Red Bull 0.497s
6 Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1.015s
7 Charles Leclerc Sauber 1.211s
8 Romain Grosjean Haas 1.236s
9 Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1.748s
10 Kevin Magnussen Haas 1:08.659
11 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 0.499s *
12 Sergio Perez Force India 1:08.741
13 Nico Hulkenberg Renault 1:08.834
14 Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:10.381
15 Carlos Sainz Renault 1:09.269
16 Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:09.280
17 Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:09.402
18 Esteban Ocon Force India 1:08.770 **
19 Lance Stroll Williams 1:09.441
20 Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:09.601

* five-place turbocharger penalty
** five-place gearbox penalty

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India
Race sets available for each driver:

Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 747
Ferrari doing qualifying on soft seems odd given they have no new SS.

Generally, Ferrari will have to overtake on track to win this given the tyres. But I expected Vettel on new SS attacking Hamilton on an old medium at the end.

Edit - just realised one of those SS probably only did that out lap in Q before they switch to soft.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India
Any info on the weather?

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India
Pit stop Strategy as per Pirelli:

Quickest is a one-stopper (provided conditions are warm):
- Start on soft for 32-36 laps, then medium to the finish.
- Alternatively, start on supersoft for 25-30 laps, then medium to the finish.

In warm conditions, a two-stopper is nearly as quick as a one-stopper:
- Two stints on supersoft of 20-22 laps each, then soft to the finish.

If conditions are cooler, similar to Friday, the quickest strategy is a one stopper:
- Start on supersoft for 27-33 laps, then soft to the finish.
- Alternatively, start on supersoft for 25-30 laps, then medium to the finish.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2823
Location: Perth, Australia
UnlikeUday wrote:
Any info on the weather?


Radar seems to suggest "light" rain for much of the area around Sao Paulo around race start time, moving east and away from the track thereafter.

Whether it actually rains is a whole different matter, though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India
F1 is live:

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos/1953485684741336/?notif_id=1541950393444142&notif_t=live_video

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 1701
The race is probably going to end without rain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6960
Location: Mumbai, India
Karun Chandhok is saying mild raindrops are already falling in the pitlane!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 817
Verstappen !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7543
Ferrari must be really struggling out of the final corner on the softs if Verstappen gets past them on the straight.


Last edited by Black_Flag_11 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3092
Vettel locked his tyres twice.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 1701
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Ferrari must be really struggling out of the final corner on the softs if Verstappen gets past them on the straight.


It's going to comeback to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3092
The Bottas train and Verstappen has had enough of being aboard.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Posts: 352
whats going on with bottas pace


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 am
Posts: 1230
Traction on the Red Bulls never ceases to amaze me! Good lord give them a competitive motor and let's watch the fireworks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2823
Location: Perth, Australia
My word Bottas is average.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3092
Get Kimi out the way, they are both ruining Vettels race.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Posts: 352
either kimi passes bottas or gives vettel a chance to pass


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm
Posts: 3092
lucifers wrote:
either kimi passes bottas or gives vettel a chance to pass


Yeah it's ridiculous, the more they are stuck behind the more the chance of a race win goes.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group