planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:37 am 

Considering how big Ferrari are this thread has never really got going has it!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a mega start again tomorrow and a dry race, Massa was struggling with the heat tho in the quali interview

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:41 am 

VDV23 wrote:
No team orders have been imposed on him this season so I don't know what you are about. Stella AND Alonso made a very risky decision in Melbourne while Felipe was waiting Smedley to take him by the hand and lead him, it wasn't team orders.

Well there was a long thread and debate on that. Even if you believe there has been no team orders this season, we all know there has been in the past. I would say Felipe continously out-qualifying Alonso is grounds for them not to be employed in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
No team orders have been imposed on him this season so I don't know what you are about. Stella AND Alonso made a very risky decision in Melbourne while Felipe was waiting Smedley to take him by the hand and lead him, it wasn't team orders.

Well there was a long thread and debate on that. Even if you believe there has been no team orders this season, we all know there has been in the past. I would say Felipe continously out-qualifying Alonso is grounds for them not to be employed in the future.

I disagree. What good is it outqualifying your teammate, if you can't outrace him? The points are awarded for the race. Thats what matters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:54 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
VDV23 wrote:

There have been TO's in the past when it was obvious there was only one clear option for WDC, is it really SO hard to understand?

2011 Silverstone 1st
2012 Spa 1st
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 am 

VDV23 wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Felipe finished his lap somewhat 20 seconds after Alonso and that's a lot of a drying track. But Alonso is still faster in races and has the better instincts so I don't see why would Ferrari shift their attention to Felipe.

I wasn't suggesting they switch their attention to him, but rather not impose team orders upon him.

That's right and had Felipe stuck to a two stop race he could quite possibly of been challenging Kimi, at the front.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:24 am 

A2jdl wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Felipe finished his lap somewhat 20 seconds after Alonso and that's a lot of a drying track. But Alonso is still faster in races and has the better instincts so I don't see why would Ferrari shift their attention to Felipe.

I wasn't suggesting they switch their attention to him, but rather not impose team orders upon him.

That's right and had Felipe stuck to a two stop race he could quite possibly of been challenging Kimi, at the front.

It has been said many times by Ferrari, that Ferrari didn't think 2 stops would ever work for their car in Oz and that Alonso took a risk by pitting few laps earlier than originally planned. Looking at other cars from top 10, Kimi and Sutil were exception, not the other way around. Ferrari did what most of top teams did.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:34 am 

dizlexik wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
VDV23 wrote:

It has been said many times by Ferrari, that Ferrari didn't think 2 stops would ever work for their car in Oz and that Alonso took a risk by pitting few laps earlier than originally planned. Looking at other cars from top 10, Kimi and Sutil were exception, not the other way around. Ferrari did what most of top teams did.

Its just that some people in the know, have said since the race that had the Ferraris done a two stop race they could have won it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:42 am 

A2jdl wrote:
Its just that some people in the know, have said since the race that had the Ferraris done a two stop race they could have won it

It's easy to be smart after event... It's called hindsight and it's useless. Ferrari had to make decision during race, before they were even able realize that Lotus is on 2 stops strategy. There was no way Ferrari could revert to 2 stops strategy after first series of stops anyway.

Quote:
Q: Pat Fry from Ferrari - second place finish in Australia, ahead of Red Bull. You’re leading the constructors’ championship going into this race. What was the feeling, the mood like in the post-race debrief?
Pat Fry: I think people were pleased with the race pace of the car. It was quite obvious that Kimi was going to be two-stopping. I think you could see him two seconds back from the group, as James mentioned. I don’t think we could have followed suit and competed on a two-stop which is why we went for the aggressive three-stop, which got us through the traffic. All in all, it’s one those… with that and the 60km/h pit lane limit, it’s always that balance between two-stop and three-stop. We weren’t brave enough to make the two-stop work. Kimi was, so good luck to them, or well done to them. We just need to keep on working on the pace of it. It’s nice being second but you always want to win don’t you.

Q: What are your thoughts about the pace of Lotus, the way they’ve started the season?
PF: It is very good. I don’t think we would have been brave enough to have attempted a two-stop there, so yeah, I think they’ve done well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:47 am 

dizlexik wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

It's easy to be smart after event... It's called hindsight and it's useless. Ferrari had to make decision during race, before they were even able realize that Lotus is on 2 stops strategy. There was no way Ferrari could revert to 2 stops strategy after first series of stops anyway.

Quote:
Q: Pat Fry from Ferrari - second place finish in Australia, ahead of Red Bull. You’re leading the constructors’ championship going into this race. What was the feeling, the mood like in the post-race debrief?
Pat Fry: I think people were pleased with the race pace of the car. It was quite obvious that Kimi was going to be two-stopping. I think you could see him two seconds back from the group, as James mentioned. I don’t think we could have followed suit and competed on a two-stop which is why we went for the aggressive three-stop, which got us through the traffic. All in all, it’s one those… with that and the 60km/h pit lane limit, it’s always that balance between two-stop and three-stop. We weren’t brave enough to make the two-stop work. Kimi was, so good luck to them, or well done to them. We just need to keep on working on the pace of it. It’s nice being second but you always want to win don’t you.

Q: What are your thoughts about the pace of Lotus, the way they’ve started the season?
PF: It is very good. I don’t think we would have been brave enough to have attempted a two-stop there, so yeah, I think they’ve done well.

hes is basically saying they were not brave enough, they were worried about getting it badly wrong. well i have said before i think they should have given it a go with Massa.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:53 am 

A2jdl wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Quote:

hes is basically saying they were not brave enough, they were worried about getting it badly wrong. well i have said before i think they should have given it a go with Massa.

So what? What are you trying to prove? That Ferrari screwed Massa? Sutil almost lost it to his teammate after all, Mercedes didn't make it and had to alter their strategy. Other teams that fought for points were always on 3 stops. With hindsight it's very easy to choose strategy, but it's academical, you won't prove anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 am 

dizlexik wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Quote:

So what? What are you trying to prove? That Ferrari screwed Massa? Sutil almost lost it to his teammate after all, Mercedes didn't make it and had to alter their strategy. Other teams that fought for points were always on 3 stops. With hindsight it's very easy to choose strategy, but it's academical, you won't prove anything.

not trying to prove anything just an observation actually !! No need to get angry!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:59 am 

A2jdl wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Quote:

not trying to prove anything just an observation actually !! No need to get angry!

Oh I see. Sorry :-P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:02 am 

no probs :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 pm 

rob_the_shark wrote:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a mega start again tomorrow and a dry race, Massa was struggling with the heat tho in the quali interview

There aren't very many Ferrari fans on this site, especially relative to the number of Seb/Kimi/Hammy fans, so far as I can tell. If Ferrari are brought up on this forum it's usually to propose some kind of malevolent conspiracy theory masterminded by them. :smug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:02 pm 

I hope for a dry.race.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:41 pm 

Raikkonen to Ferrari would be such a great move for Ferrari. He would be the best No.2 driver in the sport (sorry Kimi fans, but I'm being objective).

Ferrari may not win the WDC with RB around but they can win the WDC and Raikkonen's consistency would be a great boost, especially if Ricciardo does not live up to expectations.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:28 am 

Stefano said he phoned 3 people before he announced his decision to resign, Fernando, Kimi & Seb.
He refused to say why he phoned Seb, any ideas.

http://www.inautonews.com/domenicali-sa ... 3167NJdURE

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:10 am 

That's interesting. Pre-agreement between Domenicali/Ferrari and Vettel? Possibly for 2016?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:53 pm 

^^^Could be. Could be that maybe Seb finally wants to employ a manager too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:03 pm 

Ferrari posted some simulator photos on Facebook. The comments are quality

https://www.facebook.com/ScuderiaFerrari/posts/905132332849725

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:29 pm 

Dem Graphics :lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder they can't win anything, they're using stone age technology :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:07 pm 

Next year's engine ...

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/al ... s-ferrari/

Quote:
A big chunk of the necessary improvement in the power unit is easily reachable in that this one was deliberately – but misguidedly – conceived around an extreme solution to minimising heat rejection, at the expense of power.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:53 pm 

Straight to work for Vettel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm 

Ferrari gave him a chance to appreciate Fernando's magnificent iving in 2012 by giving him a run with the F2012? :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:37 pm 

Don't know that this is the right thread to ask, but there is a pic of the subject above :D

Seb is allowed to plod around the Ferrari track in a 2 year old car as it is not the one being used now.

Where do they then stand on next years car? Can he use that?

It was not used this year, and the year is over. I assume it has not yet been presented to FIA for approval as next years car either?

I know the obvious answer is no, but...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:18 pm 

Firstly, next year's car will not be ready yet and I believe they need to officially present the design to the FIA before driving it anywhere.

Wouldn't surprise me if teams fit the odd bit underneath the bodywork to test during these kind of off season running.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:51 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
Ferrari gave him a chance to appreciate Fernando's magnificent iving in 2012 by giving him a run with the F2012? :D :D

:lol: He must think the F2012 was a fairy cakes compared to the RB8 he drove that year!

I don't really understand what benefit is gained by Vettel/Ferrari from this? That car is very different from this era of cars.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:43 am 

davidheath461 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:

:lol: He must think the F2012 was a fairy cakes compared to the RB8 he drove that year!

I don't really understand what benefit is gained by Vettel/Ferrari from this? That car is very different from this era of cars.

PR purposes. They probably got some nice shots of Vettel in Ferrari overalls to use on their posters/adverts over the winter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:14 am 

davidheath461 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:

Test his seat? get him comfortable on the radio and understanding what each other mean?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:08 pm 

moby wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:

Test his seat? get him comfortable on the radio and understanding what each other mean?

Yes, plus I'd imagine a 2 year old steering wheel isn't that different so getting used to that could be useful. In fact, Seb may have used it and then tell the designers where he wants the buttons a switches placed. Different drivers have the paddle shifters and clutch levers in slightly different places as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:03 pm 

ferrar1sta wrote:
rob_the_shark wrote:

There aren't very many Ferrari fans on this site, especially relative to the number of Seb/Kimi/Hammy fans, so far as I can tell. If Ferrari are brought up on this forum it's usually to propose some kind of malevolent conspiracy theory masterminded by them. :smug:

Yeah there's less than 1% of F1 fans on this forum, Ferrari having the biggest team fan base in F1 and lack of interest in this thread, shows that again. But also most are Alonso fans on here, but it shows allot of fans are mostly interested in their driver (On here) not team. Which is sad as Ferrari should be discussed about highly and allot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:14 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Straight to work for Vettel.

I like his helmet design.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:06 pm 

Jomox wrote:
ferrar1sta wrote:
rob_the_shark wrote:

Yeah there's less than 1% of F1 fans on this forum, Ferrari having the biggest team fan base in F1 and lack of interest in this thread, shows that again. But also most are Alonso fans on here, but it shows allot of fans are mostly interested in their driver (On here) not team. Which is sad as Ferrari should be discussed about highly and allot.

More than 65% of the F1 fans in the world support Ferrari. That is official data from a FOM market research.

To make your opinion based on who people in the English-speaking PF1 is rather short-sighted. That's like going to Finland, asking people there who they support and your conclusion to be "88% of the F1 fans in the world support Kimi and/or Bottas. The rest 12% support Mika Hakkinen"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:37 pm 

But it's not like going to Finland, because people are not from one nation on here. The lack of interest in the official Ferrari thread says it all. Even the Williams thread gathers more interest on here. But back to more important matters. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:57 pm 

Jomox wrote:
But it's not like going to Finland, because people are not from one nation on here. The lack of interest in the official Ferrari thread says it all. Even the Williams thread gathers more interest on here. But back to more important matters. :thumbup:

It's an English-speaking forum so naturally a lot of the people here would support British drivers/teams. Go to Italian/Spanish F1 forum (incl. South American) and check how many Ferrari and Williams/Mercedes/McLaren fans would be there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:24 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
Jomox wrote:

It's an English-speaking forum so naturally a lot of the people here would support British drivers/teams. Go to Italian/Spanish F1 forum (incl. South American) and check how many Ferrari and Williams/Mercedes/McLaren fans would be there.

That's how it is yes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:09 pm 

If anyone is interested: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6718&

These are the most popular teams on PF1 forum. It's no way representation of global Ferrari popularity, but certainly more than 1%.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:17 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
but certainly more than 1%.

There's 21468 members on here, probably half are actually active (Or less - at a guess especailly looking at that poll)

But if we was to be nice and say there is 21468 members here, then that certainly counts for less than 1% of the worlds F1 fan base. 450 million or something tuned in a few years ago when Vettel was dominating, and that's just TV figures, not fans who attend events.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:34 pm 

Jomox wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
but certainly more than 1%.

There's 21468 members on here, probably half are actually active (Or less - at a guess especailly looking at that poll)

But if we was to be nice and say there is 21468 members here, then that certainly counts for less than 1% of the worlds F1 fan base. 450 million or something tuned in a few years ago when Vettel was dominating, and that's just TV figures, not fans who attend events.

I don't know what are you trying to say. By that logic only about 30 users are McLaren fans. You might want to learn what opinion poll is. While there is margin of error in such a forum polls, they still can give you better idea of all users opinion than you baseless assumptions or weird logic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:06 am 

Not really as on some other forums the results are completely different.