planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 am 

Judging by todays performance...he and redbull gonna be WDC for sure, contratulations :)

Last edited by kimisdabest on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:58 am 

It aint over till the fat lady sings.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:07 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxZSP1Dc78Q

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 am 

I still have faith in Alonso that he may win in COTA and Vettel's car will let him down.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:15 am 

Someone doesn't remember 2007 and 2010 then...

That Red Bull is nowhere near as reliable as it was last year. Anything can still happen, all it takes is a KERS failure or another alternator to go pop on Vettel's car. Or Vettel could make a mistake.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:16 am 

Newey has won Vettel the title for this year, probably overspending again, but hey its not like red bull or newey have ever given a stuff about rules before.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 am 

As others have said, it aint over yet - despite how slim the chances may now be for Alonso. All it'll take is for a kers failure, or for that alternator issue to reappear...or grosjean, and it can all be shook up again.

One more race - then you can probably say for certain.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 am 

RickM wrote:
As others have said, it aint over yet - despite how slim the chances may now be for Alonso. All it'll take is for a kers failure, or for that alternator issue to reappear...or grosjean, and it can all be shook up again.

Abu Dhabi is always going to be Vettel material. If Alonso can finish second again though then the final two races could be epic.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:36 am 

They will probably have to run the 2012 spec alternator for the last races, so if they haven't been able to fix that problem it should be exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am 

Mr-E wrote:
They will probably have to run the 2012 spec alternator for the last races, so if they haven't been able to fix that problem it should be exciting.

I think this is probably the best way I can respond to that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLiBx8Mo1AI

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 am 

Mr-E wrote:

Why would they run the 2012 alternator?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 am 

Ev0lutionz wrote:
It aint over till the fat lady sings.

It aint over til Red Bull becomes like 2011 again and Vettel wins 7 races in a row from pole (or 2nd).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 am 

Laura23 wrote:
RickM wrote:

Abu Dhabi is always going to be Vettel material. If Alonso can finish second again though then the final two races could be epic.

The gap would go up to 20 points then. As Vettel would take 25 to Alonso's 18. Meaning Vettel would need 6 points in COTA to win the title. As that would increase the gap to 26 points with only 25 left to play for.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:48 am 

Yes it isn't over until it's mathematically over but Vettel really is well set for a third title.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:49 am 

RunningMan wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
RickM wrote:

The gap would go up to 20 points then. As Vettel would take 25 to Alonso's 18. Meaning Vettel would need to score 6 points more than Alonso in COTA to win the title. As that would increase the gap to 26 points with only 25 left to play for.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am 

I must be the only one who realises Vettel won the WDC the day that RBR locked out the front row at Suzuka.

Bring on 2013. Then again, with stability in the regulations and one of the main rivals off to (seemingly) a midfield team, we'll probably see 2002 type domination from Vettel.

I have no problem with Vettel, who proved how good he is earlier this year when the car wasn't so dominant. But when you have other great drivers who have also proven they can dominate just like Vettel can... It's just a bit tedious really.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:53 am 

Barring reliability issues, I can see Vettel walking away with the last 3 races. Abu Dhabi & Brazil will suit RB & Austin looks like it could do the same with its series of medium to fast corners.

RB now has the best car out there & I can see 7 in a row for Vettel.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:11 pm 

While it pains me I guess I cannot really fault him...if he wins it he and Red Bull will deserve it immensely.

Still will be hoping for alternator failures every race though :twisted:

Nico Hulkenburg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:07 pm 

benmc wrote:
Bring on 2013. Then again, with stability in the regulations and one of the main rivals off to (seemingly) a midfield team, we'll probably see 2002 type domination from Vettel.

You think there's going to be stability in the regulations? Imo the FIA will feel a streak of fear of a repeat of 2011 as to what RB are doing in these last 6 races and will seek to regulate RBR in any way they can.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:22 pm 

Ferrari and Redbull cars are on par race pace wise for 2 races already, it's just Alonso whining how his car was not updated for x races etc. The Redbull strength comes from qualifying and ability to heat those tires really fast at the start so that Vettel can pull away out of the DRS. If Ferrari fix the qualifying issues, this title will go down to the wire and Alonso might win it in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:48 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyo2NJJ4 ... ure=fvwrel

Vettel sure looks like a typical young boy. Adorable at that age as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:50 pm 

Darkwing wrote:
Ferrari and Redbull cars are on par race pace wise for 2 races already, it's just Alonso whining how his car was not updated for x races etc. The Redbull strength comes from qualifying and ability to heat those tires really fast at the start so that Vettel can pull away out of the DRS. If Ferrari fix the qualifying issues, this title will go down to the wire and Alonso might win it in the end.

yes, IF.. but that's been their problem for at least 5 years. Even in 2008, they were saying that was Kimi's problem, getting heat into the tires in qualifying.

don't see it changing suddenly, if they knew how they'd have done it a long time ago

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 pm 

Woohoo Vettel everyone else can eat it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:51 pm 

f1madman wrote:

I used to write and talk like that too when I was 6. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:56 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
f1madman wrote:

I used to write and talk like that too when I was 6. ;)

Wow weren't you a clever boy I had trouble writing my own name.

Face it Vettel rules f1 atm, all anyone can hope to do is 'damage limitation'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm 

It wouldn't surprise me if Vettel won the last 3 races of this year.

But it also wouldn't be outlandish to have Alonso or Vettel fail to finish in 1 race, and 2 races isn't beyond the pail.

Given how close RBR and Ferrari pace appears to be, I look forward to seeing the last few races.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm 

mac_d wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Vettel won the last 3 races of this year.

But it also wouldn't be outlandish to have Alonso or Vettel fail to finish in 1 race, and 2 races isn't beyond the pail.

Given how close RBR and Ferrari pace appears to be, I look forward to seeing the last few races.

race pace (at best), let's not forget Alonso qualified 5th and 95% of the races have been won from the front row.

Done deal I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm 

I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quick.

Imagine if someone said 3xWDC at this stage in '97 ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 pm 

shibbytude wrote:
Newey has won Vettel the title for this year, probably overspending again, but hey its not like red bull or newey have ever given a stuff about rules before.

I agree that Newey has won the championship this year but don't make such stupid remarks about Newey regarding rules, he is genius.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:24 pm 

shibbytude wrote:

Yeah, didn't you see Adrian drive the car at every race as well a design the chassis? I mean come on. Everyone knows that the eventual World champion always drives a car designed by a chump engineer. Geez.

Oh and Fernando said this so there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 pm 

All it takes is 1 dnf ... Stupid title

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:35 pm 

rotbimmer wrote:
shibbytude wrote:

Yeah, didn't you see Adrian drive the car at every race as well a design the chassis? I mean come on. Everyone knows that the eventual World champion always drives a car designed by a chump engineer. Geez.

Oh and Fernando said this so there.

didn't you know, they gave Newey an RB6 (?) so he can go out and do secret testing all by himself :P

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 pm 

Too close to call Vettel WDC. Based on todays race, Alonso performance was the best by miles, he had a car that was inferior to RBR and Macca and still managed to finish second, If Ferrari can catch red bull in performance for the next race, then Alonso can still grab the WDC. Also, this is no way impossible, since the RBR floor issue can be subject to further investigation, if it procedes and they have to raise it they can easily lose their current dominance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 pm 

Le sigh. I've given up on you guys giving Sebastian any credit, but saying Adrian is winning these titles for him is such an injustice to the rest of the TEAM.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:45 pm 

Deep_blue wrote:
Too close to call Vettel WDC. Based on todays race, Alonso performance was the best by miles, he had a car that was inferior to RBR and Macca and still managed to finish second, If Ferrari can catch red bull in performance for the next race, then Alonso can still grab the WDC. Also, this is no way impossible, since the RBR floor issue can be subject to further investigation, if it procedes and they have to raise it they can easily lose their current dominance

There is no floor issue. All of the cars on the grid start at different heights race to race, and as ride height is dynamic through the course of a race, it changes all the time which is why you periodically see sparks from a car carrying full fuel or with DRS open. In today's case, the car was damaged by a kerb. RBR will still start the next race at whatever height they want to, and continue to make use of a lot of rake. That's how the car works, and there's nothing illegal about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:45 pm 

Alonso is still very much in it. this championship isnt over yet. Anything can happen as weve seen in the past this season

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 am 

Its not over until its over but I think it's Vettel's to lose instead of Fernando's to win. As long as Vettel is on pole and can get away clean at the start he is going to need a mistake or failure to give up the championship. The Ferrari has shown good pace in spurts but this is a marathon and not a sprint. Its amazing how one race the Red Bull comes out and is just better than all the other cars. McLaren and Ferrari have shown matching pace in only small doses since Japan but Vettel has taken off. Being a Fernando fan its tough to watch the last few races become run aways by Vettel but I will watch all the remaining laps with the hope something great happens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 am 

tmzxaar wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

The gap would go up to 20 points then. As Vettel would take 25 to Alonso's 18. Meaning Vettel would need to score 6 points more than Alonso in COTA to win the title. As that would increase the gap to 26 points with only 25 left to play for.

If that happens, Vettel would only need 5 more points than Alonso in the US to clinch the title. He'd have six wins to Alonso's three so with a 25 point margin heading into the final race even if Alonso won and he DNFed he'd still win on a countback of race wins at six to four.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 pm 

bumping it in need we need it tomorrow :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm 

kimisdabest wrote:
Judging by todays performance...he and redbull gonna be WDC for sure, contratulations :)

And the point of this thread is?