planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm 

:-/

The race is tomorrow, not today.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:19 pm 

Ferrari qualifies behind Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes, and Force India in the big title decider?
Alonso qualifies 2 posns and 3 tenths behind Massa with his back to the wall?

Think we can safely say Red Bull have this one in the bag.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:24 pm 

flyer wrote:
Ferrari qualifies behind Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes, and Force India in the big title decider?

Maybe Lewis will smash Seb first corner in some sort of strang love in with Nando

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 pm 

shibbytude wrote:
Newey has won Vettel the title for this year, probably overspending again, but hey its not like red bull or newey have ever given a stuff about rules before.

I suppose you might have a point there, just so long as you're not suggesting that Ferrari are innocent of the same charges. +That+ would be laughable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:32 pm 

bartonz20let wrote:
flyer wrote:

Maybe Lewis will smash Seb first corner in some sort of strang love in with Nando

I am thinking the same thing. Lewis has sounded as though he is desperate for Fernando to be champion, and he's in a great position to help tomorrow!

Also, I was surprised that Massa didn't have an inexplicable, yellow flag inducing crash in Q3 immediately after Fernando set the first lap time. I am sure they considered it but probably decided it wouldn't work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 pm 

This thread should not have been created all the little cry baby's who don't like Vettel because of his talent and pure speed will come cry and complain and bi*ch on this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 pm 

biokimi wrote:
This thread should not have been created all the little cry baby's who don't like Vettel because of his talent and pure speed will come cry and complain and bi*ch on this thread.

Or level headed, normal people will complain that it's a silly thread as the WDC isn't decided yet and was only ever going to cause a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 pm 

I told u,

Contratulations to Vettel WDC 2012, well deserved!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 pm 

congratulations !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 pm 

3 times WDC! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm 

YAHOOOOOOOOO! Sebastian got it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:52 pm 

grats vettel!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:56 pm 

Well done Vettel!!! Hope Newey magic wears off next year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm 

Fantastic, the most deserved guy won it.

Great season by Alonso but he cannot feel bad being beaten by someone of Vettel's quality the best driver in Formula One at the moment>

Last edited by gregwil on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm 

Congratulations! It's such an amazing achievement :thumbup:
Well done Seb you definitely deserve it :thumbup: :nod: :smug:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:02 pm 

Congrats Seb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:03 pm 

Inappropriate post removed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm 

He he he

Ferrari are sore losers !! and they lost !!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:05 pm 

indianajones wrote:
He he he

Ferrari are sore losers !! and they lost !!!

Thats the best part !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm 

Looks like he is set to break Schumis record

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:25 pm 

Yeah the best car and half the field moving over for him (TorroRossos and all those Germans).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm 

Congratulations Sebastian Vettel, triple world champion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:30 pm 

Congrats seb ... you are the MAN !!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 pm 

Vettel was impressive today with that damaged car, especially in the rain when he was constantly the fastest man on the track. Congrats to him, he simply deserved it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm 

Congrats to the man, he's proven me wrong, but there are others who will say he did not deserve it.

He did what he was supposed to do and he got it. I'm not a fan of his, but it has to be respected.

Congrats indeed to the elite class of 3x WDCs'.

We ALL love you Schumi! Don't ever give up!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 pm 

Protest by ferrari. Crofty said in commentary. so its not done and dusted yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:44 pm 

wire2004 wrote:
Protest by ferrari. Crofty said in commentary. so its not done and dusted yet.

just give up ....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 pm 

Congrats Seb!! Triple world champ!!

Current 2014 Championship standing: Mired in the midfield as usual... 47th

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:58 pm 

Congratulations Sebastian Vettel on a fully deserved and earned WDC.

IMO this has been the most complete of all Vettel's WDCs. He has shown his exceptional one lap speed and leading ability with pole to flag victories and he's also raced through the field; he's grasped the opportunities when they presented themselves and kept his head when everything has gone wrong; he drove in the early part of the season to keep amassing points to keep himself in the championship and capitalised when he had the speed.

Overall, I think he and Alonso have had comparable performances this year and in the end that was reflected by the tiny margin between them. Yes Vettel's made mistakes, but there is no driver in history who has gone an entire season without making mistakes and Alonso has had his off-days at times this year as well. Where Red Bull had the qualifying pace, Ferrari had the bulletproof reliability. And as for assistance, well, I don't think it's even worth arguing about.

Congratulations Vettel, also on becoming the youngest ever 3x WDC with a hat-trick of world championships.

I would not put him in the same league as Schumacher, Fangio, Senna, Prost yet because I think that to be regarded there requires demonstrating this level of performance for a longer period of time. But IMO Vettel does fully deserve a place amongst the greats in the sport. However good that car is considered, he has relentlessly performed at the highest level and taken all the opportunities pretty much for three years straight. That is no small feat, which is why a hat-trick of world championships is so incredibly rare. He has also shown an exceptional array of skills in doing that and has done it against a teammate who is no slouch.

It has been a joy and a privilege to witness his evolution and amazing performance and to have seen him enter the sport and go on to reach its highest echelons in such extraordinary fashion. It is rare to see in any discipline.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 pm 

kai_ wrote:
Congratulations Sebastian Vettel on a fully deserved and earned WDC.

IMO this has been the most complete of all Vettel's WDCs. He has shown his exceptional one lap speed and leading ability with pole to flag victories and he's also raced through the field; he's grasped the opportunities when they presented themselves and kept his head when everything has gone wrong; he drove in the early part of the season to keep amassing points to keep himself in the championship and capitalised when he had the speed.

Overall, I think he and Alonso have had comparable performances this year and in the end that was reflected by the tiny margin between them. Yes Vettel's made mistakes, but there is no driver in history who has gone an entire season without making mistakes and Alonso has had his off-days at times this year as well. Where Red Bull had the qualifying pace, Ferrari had the bulletproof reliability. And as for assistance, well, I don't think it's even worth arguing about.

Congratulations Vettel, also on becoming the youngest ever 3x WDC with a hat-trick of world championships.

I would not put him in the same league as Schumacher, Fangio, Senna, Prost yet because I think that to be regarded there requires demonstrating this level of performance for a longer period of time. But IMO Vettel does fully deserve a place amongst the greats in the sport. However good that car is considered, he has relentlessly performed at the highest level and taken all the opportunities pretty much for three years straight. That is no small feat, which is why a hat-trick of world championships is so incredibly rare. He has also shown an exceptional array of skills in doing that and has done it against a teammate who is no slouch.

It has been a joy and a privilege to witness his evolution and amazing performance and to have seen him enter the sport and go on to reach its highest echelons in such extraordinary fashion. It is rare to see in any discipline.

Spot on :thumbup: :)

kai_ wrote:
I would not put him in the same league as Schumacher, Fangio, Senna, Prost ....
He's getting there...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:42 pm 

I'm not ready to put into words all my thoughts on the season, the championship, the race.....but I just wanna say that I'm glad I never once thought this wouldn't be the outcome. So proud of and inspired by the entire team and the very special young man who added another entry to his page in the book of legends today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm 

Congratulations to Seb. He won it the hard way.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm 

gouing to be some sore heads at work tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:50 pm 

I'd also like to congratulate IMO a bit of an unsung hero: Vettel's race engineer, Rocky.

Beyond the 'normal' scope of his job this year in particular I think he has talked Vettel through an awful lot, been the pressure release when Vettel's stressed, and dealt with an enormous amount of stress not just when Vettel has had to deal with setbacks but also when Vettel is leading and still setting fastest laps right up until the end.

In general I take my hat off to race engineers. If it had been me on the pitwall for that race I would have taken off my headphones and hidden under the bench in the foetal position.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:54 pm 

kai_ wrote:
I'd also like to congratulate IMO a bit of an unsung hero: Vettel's race engineer, Rocky.

Beyond the 'normal' scope of his job this year in particular I think he has talked Vettel through an awful lot, been the pressure release when Vettel's stressed, and dealt with an enormous amount of stress not just when Vettel has had to deal with setbacks but also when Vettel is leading and still setting fastest laps right up until the end.

In general I take my hat off to race engineers. If it had been me on the pitwall for that race I would have taken off my headphones and hidden under the bench in the foetal position.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

It was so great to see Rocky interviewed on Sky. I can't remember the last time we heard him speak other than on the radio.

Some of the RBR guys feel like "pals" to me because they are nice enough to make themselves accessible via Twitter - even on subjects outside of F1. The happiness I feel for THEM on days like this is immense, as if a good friend achieved a great goal. I wish Sky had shown us more of the party - I was waiting to see all my "pals" celebrating. Waiting for the BBC forum to be available to me, hopefully they have a bit more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:03 pm 

I know Seb talks a lot, even when he says its difficult to put things into words, but have a read. Everything he says here is why I am a fan of the driver and the man, and the entire team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104593

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
I know Seb talks a lot, even when he says its difficult to put things into words, but have a read. Everything he says here is why I am a fan of the driver and the man, and the entire team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104593

He is the most down to earth driver i have ever met, always stops for a chat and a coffee.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm 

I don't like the man-boy-fingerboy- he won it fair and square

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:12 pm 

Congrats to Sebastian V. a true deserved triple world Drivers Champion!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 pm 

better start making ordering some new cabinets!