planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Will Alonso lose it?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:15 pm 

So two questions.

1. Will Fred lose the championship too Seb in that rocketship?
2. Will he lose his mind after failing too win the title with a Ferrari again?

Personally i hope he wins the title. He deserves it.

What are your thoughts?

edit: Yup he lost it.

Last edited by Emerson.F on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Will Alonso lose it?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:18 pm 

i hope Fonzo wins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:50 am 

I hope alonso wins it, it's now or sometime very late into the future. If it's not now, it won't be 2013. 2013 has basically the same rules as 2012. That means red bull will dominate the whole season again like they did in 2011 since the car will be pretty much the same as the RB8, which is a pretty dominant. So I hope alonso will win this year's WDC since he said he wants 3 WDCs like Senna.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 am 

He will lose although he doesn't deserve to, but I do hope he throws another trademark tantrum. They are most entertaining.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:53 am 

- I hope he wins
- I don't think he'll win
- I don't think he will panic

Schumacher was 31 years old when he began his first championship-winning season with Ferrari. At the start of the 2013 season, Fernando will be 31 years old...The same age Schumacher was when he began his 5-year reign of total dominance in F1. Fred will know this. Fred also has 2 titles already (won with Renault), as Schumi did when he joined Ferrari. Schumacher had 4 seasons with Ferrari before he won his first title with them. Alonso has no reason to feel like time is running out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 am 

He has already lost his mind blaming Ferrari's development and Newey's brilliance. I have no doubt he will lose the championship as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 am 

Yes, the Red Bull is too fast. If Alonso only gets 2nd places, he is out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:56 am 

If we're lucky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 am 

already 13 points behind and with an slightly inferior car in race and an inferior car in qualy, the question it's will he and Ferrari pull a miracle?.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 am 

Robot wrote:
already 13 points behind and with an slightly inferior car in race and an inferior car in qualy, the question it's will he and Ferrari pull a miracle?.

No

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:08 am 

Don't know if Fred will win or loose, but if he were to loose this year there will most likely be tears like in 2010 and some sort of tantrum especially if he get stuck behind petrov.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 am 

ManojHS wrote:
He has already lost his mind blaming Ferrari's development and Newey's brilliance. I have no doubt he will lose the championship as well.

This!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am 

Robot wrote:

He should've won in 2010, doubt he will pull one off here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:50 am 

Robot wrote:
already 13 points behind and with an slightly inferior car in race and not the same qualifying skills as the RB duo, the question is: will he and Ferrari pull a miracle?

Fixed that for you ;)

Let's first see if he can pull clear of Massa on merit and actually use all the Ferrari has to offer.
It all depends on cars indeed: can the fragile Red Bull stay alive long enough, or will the bullet-proof Ferrari eat up a gap faster than Vettel can pull it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:07 am 

Whilst I'm not a fan of Alonso or Vettel, I'd much rather see Alonso win than Vettel for obvious reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 am 

JacksparrowNinja wrote:
Robot wrote:
already 13 points behind and with an slightly inferior car in race and not the same qualifying skills as the RB duo, the question is: will he and Ferrari pull a miracle?

Fixed that for you ;)

Let's first see if he can pull clear of Massa on merit and actually use all the Ferrari has to offer.
It all depends on cars indeed: can the fragile Red Bull stay alive long enough, or will the bullet-proof Ferrari eat up a gap faster than Vettel can pull it?

You think the Ferrari is a match for the Red Bull in qualy? And the only thing holding them back is the Ferrari drivers' lack of qualy skills compared to SV & MW?

No wonder I skip past most of your posts. Mind-boggling nonsense.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 am 

Nor Alonso nor Vettel deserved to loose.
But, most possibly, he loosed it already, due to inferior car.
He will be initially bitter like in Abu Dhabi 2010. Than he will calm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
He will lose although he doesn't deserve to, but I do hope he throws another trademark tantrum. They are most entertaining.

+1 on this my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am 

mcdo wrote:
JacksparrowNinja wrote:
Robot wrote:

Fixed that for you ;)

You think the Ferrari is a match for the Red Bull in qualy? And the only thing holding them back is the Ferrari drivers' lack of qualy skills compared to SV & MW?

No wonder I skip past most of your posts. Mind-boggling nonsense.

It's not an 'inferior' car (unless <0.000s is your definition of equal) with two of the best three qualifiers on the grid edge it by 0.1 or 0.2 seconds. Alonso's not a bad qualifier, but not on the level of VET, WEB and HAM.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 am 

If McLaren can get involved with Red Bull again, it could provide oppertunities for Alonso. I hope they do... it's too easy for Red Bull now

On current form, no way, Vettel is too strong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 am 

JacksparrowNinja wrote:
It's not an 'inferior' car (unless <0.000s is your definition of equal) with two of the best three qualifiers on the grid edge it by 0.1 or 0.2 seconds. Alonso's not a bad qualifier, but not on the level of VET, WEB and HAM.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/10/r ... in-suzuka/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20118852

The Ferrari absolutely IS inferior to the Red Bull in qualy spec.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 am 

out of the grid , he deserves it more than any one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:54 am 

slide wrote:

lol

Why is that? because he is number 1 and his team mate has been appauling and when he finally does something he isnt allowed to touch Alonso?

I wonder would alonso be so good this season if Massa got his act together from day 1 instead of a rare sight? I dont think so.

One thing I learnt is the champion regardless of who it is - gets it because he deserves it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:20 pm 

Surely the question should be can Alonso win?
'Will Alonso lose it' implies it's his to lose, which clearly is not the case, the only person who can lose the championship now is Vettel.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:52 pm 

Im a bug fan of Alonso and even bigger fan on Ferrari. I can't see Alonso winning now the last couple races suit the redbull and the F2012 just doesn't look upto it. He needs the drive of his life now. Like him and Hamilton said they are against Newey not Vettel. Regardless he is a good driver and would love to see him at the Scuderia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:56 pm 

He should have won it last year but his team messed up royally, which is what they do.

If it was just down to him in a equal car and team with Vettel, I'd say he would win this year's WDC - but it's not. It's Alonso against Vettel, Newey, Horner et al.

I hope he can win but I don;t think he will. Please surprise me Fernando.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:59 pm 

I'm hoping for Fernando to show us how good we all hope he is, and takes the first to the wire. I would be overjoyed if he managed to turn the defecit around and win his 3rd title.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:05 pm 

I'd like Fernando to be the youngest ever 3xWDC just for a year and then let Vettel have the same honour later. It can't work the other way round.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:07 pm 

Emerson.F wrote:
So two questions.

What are your thoughts?

Last I checked, Webber is driving that same rocket ship. So I think he will lose it to Seb.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm 

ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Im a bug fan of Alonso and even bigger fan on Ferrari. I can't see Alonso winning now the last couple races suit the redbull and the F2012 just doesn't look upto it. He needs the drive of his life now. Like him and Hamilton said they are against Newey not Vettel. Regardless he is a good driver and would love to see him at the Scuderia.

Does this mean that Newey is a better driver than Alonso and Hamilton? Or does it mean that Alonso and Hamilton suck at designing cars?

I honestly find this logic very interesting. Did Alonso share his titles with Bell or Densham? Because that would make Alonso a one time WDC at best....

Or is it that when Alonso wins it's the driver and not the designer but when he loses it's the designer and not the driver.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 pm 

lonix2011 wrote:
slide wrote:

lol

Why is that? because he is number 1 and his team mate has been appauling and when he finally does something he isnt allowed to touch Alonso?

It would be absolutely bloody senseless to allow Massa ahead of Alonso now. Anyone who thinks Ferrari should employ driver equality at this stage of the season is simply nuts. Or, like, 6 years old and doesn't understand how the sport works (but I have more faith than that in 6 year olds).

lonix2011 wrote:
I wonder would alonso be so good this season if Massa got his act together from day 1 instead of a rare sight? I dont think so.

One thing I learnt is the champion regardless of who it is - gets it because he deserves it.

Which is something Massa was completely unable to do. Alonso was able to drag a good (sometimes great) result out of the car from the very beginning of the season.

Why talk about completely unrealistic scenarios in order to diminish the applauds that Alonso has been getting this season?

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:22 pm 

I hope Alonso wins the championship like the others said. He truly deserves it. Even if he doesnt, I hope he gets a best driver of 2012 award for it. As a Hamilton fan, dejected to see Lewis losing it after Singapore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm 

Ev0lutionz wrote:
I hope Alonso wins the championship like the others said. He truly deserves it. Even if he doesnt, I hope he gets a best driver of 2012 award for it. As a Hamilton fan, dejected to see Lewis losing it after Singapore.

I defenitly agree with you on both comments. McLaren will have too take a good look at themselfs at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:04 pm 

To answer the questions of the OP:

1. I don't think Fernando would have 'lost' the championship if he finishes second to Vettel. The team made a strategy blunder in Montreal and Fernando has himself to blame for the incident with Raikkonen in Japan. I'm not saying it was Fernando's fault. But he had the ability to avoid this incident. Reliability has been on Fernando's side. And his car has been very, very solid in inclement weather (England, Germany). I personally don't think he would have won in Germany if not for the rainstorm after Q1: as Raikkonen looked poised for pole and had the pace to win. Even though his car isn't equipped with the most raw pace, it's arguably the best in inclement weather and reliability. Couple this with very solid strategy: and Fernando has remained at the top of the WDC standings.
2. I think we will see some colorful comments from Fernando if he doesn't win the title. He has been complaining about the pace of the car even while leading the WDC. The incident after quali in India adds more fuel to the fire about Fernando and negative comments. So yes, I think it's reasonable to assume we will see some 'interesting' comments from Fernando should he finish 2nd in the WDC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm 

Emerson.F wrote:
So two questions.

What are your thoughts?

1. Yes
2. Yes

(personally "Fred" winning the WDC would be the last thing I hope. Not that he didn´t deserve it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:48 pm 

mcdo wrote:
JacksparrowNinja wrote:

Its all about setup between these 2 and it showed very obvious in India. The cars are very close overall. Redbull has gone with a higher downforce setup though like normal because their drivers are best at qualifying and so they set up their cars to the drivers abilities. Ferrari go the opposite and set up for race. Notice in India how Alonso could sail past anyone he wanted to on the straight? Its because they had the car setup to move up the field during the race since they knew they had less of a chance of beating the RB in qualy so they choose the setup that worked best for their drivers abilities. Nothing against either driver but Alonso is IMO the better in a race and is better at moving through a field while Vettel is better in qualy and leading from the front. Each team will build the car to their drivers liking. But the cars themselves right now are VERY close, RB is faster in qualy and Ferrari is faster in race pace.

I think that the only hope Alonso has is a DNF from Vettel in one of the final 3 races, which is very possible. Remember last year Vettel had a flat going into the first corner of Abu Dhabi (I think it was this race at least). Anything can happen and its not over until the math wont allow Alonso to win.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 pm 

Bakerking31 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
JacksparrowNinja wrote:

Its all about setup between these 2 and it showed very obvious in India. The cars are very close overall. Redbull has gone with a higher downforce setup though like normal because their drivers are best at qualifying and so they set up their cars to the drivers abilities. Ferrari go the opposite and set up for race. Notice in India how Alonso could sail past anyone he wanted to on the straight? Its because they had the car setup to move up the field during the race since they knew they had less of a chance of beating the RB in qualy so they choose the setup that worked best for their drivers abilities. Nothing against either driver but Alonso is IMO the better in a race and is better at moving through a field while Vettel is better in qualy and leading from the front. Each team will build the car to their drivers liking. But the cars themselves right now are VERY close, RB is faster in qualy and Ferrari is faster in race pace.

I think that the only hope Alonso has is a DNF from Vettel in one of the final 3 races, which is very possible. Remember last year Vettel had a flat going into the first corner of Abu Dhabi (I think it was this race at least). Anything can happen and its not over until the math wont allow Alonso to win.

Ferrari is faster in race pace?

The quantifiable facts we saw on Sunday would disagree with you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:48 pm 

tomjleeds wrote:
Bakerking31 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
JacksparrowNinja wrote:

Actually Alonso was catching Vettel once he got past Webber so yes it does agree with me. If you want to talk Quantifiable then lets look at speed on the straight, or how about fastest lap? The gap between Vettel and Alonso after he got past Webber? The only reason Vettel won was because he started from the front and while Alonso was getting through the field he was able to get a gap. Like I said its different setups, RB went for their setup of qualify well and lead from the front while Ferrari set up for race pace on Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 pm 

While I would love for Alonso to actually win this, unfortunately, the bitter realisation is that he shouldn't even have been fighting for it...

We got some really lucky results when other teams faltered and unfortunately, in order for Alonso to win this (at least, as things stand at present) is for Vettel to have a failure or an accident. Since he is always at the front, the chances for an accident are slim, and he rarely has a huge mess-up during qualy, so all we have to wait for is a failure of the car...

This would make the championship seem a bit... off for me... Sh!t happens, I know but it would anyhow!!

However, heres to hoping, right? :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 pm 

Bakerking31 wrote:
tomjleeds wrote:
Bakerking31 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
JacksparrowNinja wrote:

Actually Alonso was catching Vettel once he got past Webber so yes it does agree with me. If you want to talk Quantifiable then lets look at speed on the straight, or how about fastest lap? The gap between Vettel and Alonso after he got past Webber? The only reason Vettel won was because he started from the front and while Alonso was getting through the field he was able to get a gap. Like I said its different setups, RB went for their setup of qualify well and lead from the front while Ferrari set up for race pace on Sunday.

I think that in terms of quali pace, the red bull is obviously faster. But in terms of race pace, I see them being very very close, 1-2 tents either way maximum. I think that if Alonso started P3 I can honestly believe he would have won on Sunday. The problem is Ferrari loose too much time getting past the McLaren's that the RB's are a good 5/6 seconds down the road, and from there, it's virtually impossible to close the gap significantly. Unless the car runs into trouble.

Forza Alonso