planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm
Posts: 389
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/11/14000.html

"He says that he is certainly not going to be Sergio Perez’s ‘older brother’, and is unsure what he will learn from the young Mexican when he becomes his team mate at McLaren next year"

Surely he must play mentor to Checo. So I am baffled by this statement. Personally I think Button SHOULD play older bro to him. Your thoughts?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:35 am
Posts: 629
Button is trying to beat Perez on the track. In reality why would he want to help him at all or be a big brother or offer advice.

Team mates are usually enemies in F1.

Maybe he can pull an Arnie from pumping iron where he says that franco is a child and if he comes to him for advice then all he has to do is give him the wrong advices.

_________________
"It was like I was in a tunnel. Not only the tunnel under the hotel but the whole circuit was a tunnel. I was just going and going, more and more and more and more. I was way over the limit but still able to find even more." Ayrton Senna


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm
Posts: 389
Peter77 wrote:
Button is trying to beat Perez on the track. In reality why would he want to help him at all or be a big brother or offer advice.

Team mates are usually enemies in F1.

Maybe he can pull an Arnie from pumping iron where he says that franco is a child and if he comes to him for advice then all he has to do is give him the wrong advices.

Hahahaha! Something Hamilton should've done to Button. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 am
Posts: 39
Why should he be?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5449
Non-story. You're baffled by that statement? Maybe you should read the actual quotes:

"“It's important to work closely with your team mate. I think that when he's in the team he will probably learn a lot from someone who is older, with more experience, which is me, but I still think that when you're an older driver you can still learn from a younger team mate, to bring fresh ideas to the table. But as an older brother? No, I definitely don't feel like that. What to learn from him? I don't know yet what it is I’ll learn from him. We'll see.”"

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:51 am
Posts: 1167
Jiggs wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
Button is trying to beat Perez on the track. In reality why would he want to help him at all or be a big brother or offer advice.

Team mates are usually enemies in F1.

Maybe he can pull an Arnie from pumping iron where he says that franco is a child and if he comes to him for advice then all he has to do is give him the wrong advices.

Hahahaha! Something Hamilton should've done to Button. ;)


Button receive advice off Hamilton?

Button years in F1 - 13
Hamilton years in F1 - 6

I don't think there's much Jenson hasn't experienced in F1 that Lewis would have!

Another world class Button bashing thread. This had already been explored in the "Hamilton out qualifies Button again" thread and has been put to bed

_________________
Multi 21 or Catch 22?!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:41 am
Posts: 866
vikke wrote:
Why should he be?

+1

Plus is it being taken out of context, frankly I hate being an older brother to anyone - makes me feel old!!!!


JB is a very laid back guy and tends to just say how it is, so in my view Jb is simply saying why are people expecting me to be an older brother to some one who is old enough to wipe his own butt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 3245
SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Jiggs wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
Button is trying to beat Perez on the track. In reality why would he want to help him at all or be a big brother or offer advice.

Team mates are usually enemies in F1.

Maybe he can pull an Arnie from pumping iron where he says that franco is a child and if he comes to him for advice then all he has to do is give him the wrong advices.

Hahahaha! Something Hamilton should've done to Button. ;)


Button receive advice off Hamilton?

Button years in F1 - 13
Hamilton years in F1 - 6

I don't think there's much Jenson hasn't experienced in F1 that Lewis would have!

Another world class Button bashing thread. This had already been explored in the "Hamilton out qualifies Button again" thread and has been put to bed



I wonder if Lewis asked him about going to Merc?
I also wonder what Jens would have told him :evil:

_________________
I have nothing to offer but blood, oil, gears, and sweat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:51 am
Posts: 1167
moby wrote:
SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Jiggs wrote:
Peter77 wrote:
Button is trying to beat Perez on the track. In reality why would he want to help him at all or be a big brother or offer advice.

Team mates are usually enemies in F1.

Maybe he can pull an Arnie from pumping iron where he says that franco is a child and if he comes to him for advice then all he has to do is give him the wrong advices.

Hahahaha! Something Hamilton should've done to Button. ;)


Button receive advice off Hamilton?

Button years in F1 - 13
Hamilton years in F1 - 6

I don't think there's much Jenson hasn't experienced in F1 that Lewis would have!

Another world class Button bashing thread. This had already been explored in the "Hamilton out qualifies Button again" thread and has been put to bed



I wonder if Lewis asked him about going to Merc?
I also wonder what Jens would have told him :evil:


I'm sure he'd have said "well I didn't stick around after the one and only season challenging for a title did I?"

_________________
Multi 21 or Catch 22?!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
button will not help perez out because remember "first you have to beat your teammate" but he will help him out if perez has awful races and is struggling because the higher up people in mclaren would want both cars fighting for victory.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 874
A true team worker likes to help his team mate and guide him, especially someone who is inexperienced in F1, unless they only care for them to do well. Button likes to focus on him and not helping his team mate. Not all drivers are like that, some play the team game more and want to see their team mates do well.

Even Hamilton commented on he learned nothing from Button, and considering Button's experience that is surprising, but it would explain Button's mentality of not helping his team mate at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:51 am
Posts: 1167
Jomox wrote:
A true team worker likes to help his team mate and guide him, especially someone who is inexperienced in F1, unless they only care for them to do well. Button likes to focus on him and not helping his team mate. Not all drivers are like that, some play the team game more and want to see their team mates do well.

Even Hamilton commented on he learned nothing from Button, and considering Button's experience that is surprising, but it would explain Button's mentality of not helping his team mate at all.



Welcome to the party... Extremely late!


This button bashing occurred ages ago but I guess you had to get your fix?!

_________________
Multi 21 or Catch 22?!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:17 pm
Posts: 1333
ITT: People who comment after simply reading headlines rather than reading what people say.

Shouldn't expect any better really.

_________________
I don't follow F1 so I don't know what I'm talking about


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Jomox wrote:
A true team worker likes to help his team mate and guide him, especially someone who is inexperienced in F1, unless they only care for them to do well. Button likes to focus on him and not helping his team mate. Not all drivers are like that, some play the team game more and want to see their team mates do well.

Even Hamilton commented on he learned nothing from Button, and considering Button's experience that is surprising, but it would explain Button's mentality of not helping his team mate at all.



Coming from the man who said that Button didn't beat him he beat himself, that doesn't actually say much.

As for inexperienced. He's not a rookie no more. I'm sure Perez isn't looking at Button as some sort of teacher he needs to learn from.

As for helping his team mate. I would be very surprised if the shared computer gantry comes down in the McLaren pit. I'm sure the data will still flow both ways.

And can you point out a top driver that wasn't a #2 that liked helping his team mate? Lewis didn't like it and was verbal about it, refused to help his team mate in his rookie year. Alonso doesn't like it, Schui wasn't too keen. Ever seen Vettel lend a hand to Webber? Piquet used to get his race engineer to feed the other side of the pit false info.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 874
Johnston wrote:
Jomox wrote:
A true team worker likes to help his team mate and guide him, especially someone who is inexperienced in F1, unless they only care for them to do well. Button likes to focus on him and not helping his team mate. Not all drivers are like that, some play the team game more and want to see their team mates do well.

Even Hamilton commented on he learned nothing from Button, and considering Button's experience that is surprising, but it would explain Button's mentality of not helping his team mate at all.



Coming from the man who said that Button didn't beat him he beat himself, that doesn't actually say much.

As for inexperienced. He's not a rookie no more. I'm sure Perez isn't looking at Button as some sort of teacher he needs to learn from.

As for helping his team mate. I would be very surprised if the shared computer gantry comes down in the McLaren pit. I'm sure the data will still flow both ways.

And can you point out a top driver that wasn't a #2 that liked helping his team mate? Lewis didn't like it and was verbal about it, refused to help his team mate in his rookie year. Alonso doesn't like it, Schui wasn't too keen. Ever seen Vettel lend a hand to Webber? Piquet used to get his race engineer to feed the other side of the pit false info.


So now your making things up because you personal don't agree with what Hamilton said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Jomox wrote:
So now your making things up because you personal don't agree with what Hamilton said.


Making things up?

Nope, said end of 2011.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 874
Johnston wrote:
Jomox wrote:
So now your making things up because you personal don't agree with what Hamilton said.


Making things up?

Nope, said end of 2011.


Yes your making it up, I never said that. Just because you don't agree with someone or an F1 driver don't give you the right to go and make things up saying people have said something they have never said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Jomox wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Jomox wrote:
So now your making things up because you personal don't agree with what Hamilton said.


Making things up?

Nope, said end of 2011.


Yes your making it up, I never said that. Just because you don't agree with someone or an F1 driver don't give you the right to go and make things up saying people have said something they have never said.



I didn't say you said it.

Hamilton did. The same guy that said he learnt nothing from Button.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 874
So now your calling a Hamilton a Lier? Very big :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
No I think the FIA stewards did that in '09 :D

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
Button will try to be his Daddy, but Perez will son him.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Kent
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Button will try to be his Daddy, but Perez will son him.

What a way to add to the thread :?

_________________
Lewis is to Twitter what Grosjean is to first corners.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:37 am
Posts: 108
I have read this story a while ago, this is the reason why i dislike Button so much, when he was lost earlier this year (and Brazil after he and his engineer wanted to take the wrong set up) who's set up did he needed despite his 12 years of experience. The guy is so selfish and greedy so called team player, i really hope he will fail next year more then ever


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:37 am
Posts: 108
I have read this story a while ago, this is the reason why i dislike Button so much, when he was lost earlier this year (and Brazil after he and his engineer wanted to take the wrong set up) who's set up did he needed despite his 12 years of experience. The guy is so selfish and greedy so called team player, i really hope he will fail next year more then ever


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm
Posts: 430
Hmm, the only guy who you can really measure yourself against is your teammate. I wouldn't do that guy too many favours


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
dave_the_fish wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Button will try to be his Daddy, but Perez will son him.

What a way to add to the thread :?

sorry, I was just trying to continue the familial theme :-P

I actually think Button is a level above Perez who is overrated, maybe the latter will prove me wrong.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:07 am
Posts: 71
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Button will try to be his Daddy, but Perez will son him.


Sounds like the start of a joke: "So an Englishman and a Mexican went to this pub right..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 pm
Posts: 1821
Location: Belgium
I'm sure Jense will help Perez if he has mathematically no chance of winning WDC any more. And Perez will do the same for Jense. I think they will work well together.

_________________
F1 fan since 1989
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: froze, Google Adsense [Bot], Henri Royce, jiminwatford, justmoi, mrs-gasoline and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group