planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:04 am 

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/11/14000.html

"He says that he is certainly not going to be Sergio Perez’s ‘older brother’, and is unsure what he will learn from the young Mexican when he becomes his team mate at McLaren next year"

Surely he must play mentor to Checo. So I am baffled by this statement. Personally I think Button SHOULD play older bro to him. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 am 

Button is trying to beat Perez on the track. In reality why would he want to help him at all or be a big brother or offer advice.

Team mates are usually enemies in F1.

Maybe he can pull an Arnie from pumping iron where he says that franco is a child and if he comes to him for advice then all he has to do is give him the wrong advices.

"It was like I was in a tunnel. Not only the tunnel under the hotel but the whole circuit was a tunnel. I was just going and going, more and more and more and more. I was way over the limit but still able to find even more." Ayrton Senna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 am 

Peter77 wrote:
Button is trying to beat Perez on the track. In reality why would he want to help him at all or be a big brother or offer advice.

Maybe he can pull an Arnie from pumping iron where he says that franco is a child and if he comes to him for advice then all he has to do is give him the wrong advices.

Hahahaha! Something Hamilton should've done to Button. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:23 am 

Why should he be?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 am 

Non-story. You're baffled by that statement? Maybe you should read the actual quotes:

"“It's important to work closely with your team mate. I think that when he's in the team he will probably learn a lot from someone who is older, with more experience, which is me, but I still think that when you're an older driver you can still learn from a younger team mate, to bring fresh ideas to the table. But as an older brother? No, I definitely don't feel like that. What to learn from him? I don't know yet what it is I’ll learn from him. We'll see.”"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 am 

Jiggs wrote:
Peter77 wrote:

Button receive advice off Hamilton?

Button years in F1 - 13
Hamilton years in F1 - 6

I don't think there's much Jenson hasn't experienced in F1 that Lewis would have!

Another world class Button bashing thread. This had already been explored in the "Hamilton out qualifies Button again" thread and has been put to bed

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 am 

vikke wrote:
Why should he be?

+1

Plus is it being taken out of context, frankly I hate being an older brother to anyone - makes me feel old!!!!

JB is a very laid back guy and tends to just say how it is, so in my view Jb is simply saying why are people expecting me to be an older brother to some one who is old enough to wipe his own butt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 am 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Jiggs wrote:
Peter77 wrote:

Button years in F1 - 13
Hamilton years in F1 - 6

I don't think there's much Jenson hasn't experienced in F1 that Lewis would have!

Another world class Button bashing thread. This had already been explored in the "Hamilton out qualifies Button again" thread and has been put to bed

I wonder if Lewis asked him about going to Merc?
I also wonder what Jens would have told him :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:10 am 

moby wrote:
SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Jiggs wrote:
Peter77 wrote:

Button years in F1 - 13
Hamilton years in F1 - 6

I wonder if Lewis asked him about going to Merc?
I also wonder what Jens would have told him :evil:

I'm sure he'd have said "well I didn't stick around after the one and only season challenging for a title did I?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 pm 

button will not help perez out because remember "first you have to beat your teammate" but he will help him out if perez has awful races and is struggling because the higher up people in mclaren would want both cars fighting for victory.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 pm 

A true team worker likes to help his team mate and guide him, especially someone who is inexperienced in F1, unless they only care for them to do well. Button likes to focus on him and not helping his team mate. Not all drivers are like that, some play the team game more and want to see their team mates do well.

Even Hamilton commented on he learned nothing from Button, and considering Button's experience that is surprising, but it would explain Button's mentality of not helping his team mate at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:53 pm 

Jomox wrote:
A true team worker likes to help his team mate and guide him, especially someone who is inexperienced in F1, unless they only care for them to do well. Button likes to focus on him and not helping his team mate. Not all drivers are like that, some play the team game more and want to see their team mates do well.

Even Hamilton commented on he learned nothing from Button, and considering Button's experience that is surprising, but it would explain Button's mentality of not helping his team mate at all.

Welcome to the party... Extremely late!

This button bashing occurred ages ago but I guess you had to get your fix?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm 

ITT: People who comment after simply reading headlines rather than reading what people say.

Shouldn't expect any better really.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:00 pm 

Jomox wrote:

Coming from the man who said that Button didn't beat him he beat himself, that doesn't actually say much.

As for inexperienced. He's not a rookie no more. I'm sure Perez isn't looking at Button as some sort of teacher he needs to learn from.

As for helping his team mate. I would be very surprised if the shared computer gantry comes down in the McLaren pit. I'm sure the data will still flow both ways.

And can you point out a top driver that wasn't a #2 that liked helping his team mate? Lewis didn't like it and was verbal about it, refused to help his team mate in his rookie year. Alonso doesn't like it, Schui wasn't too keen. Ever seen Vettel lend a hand to Webber? Piquet used to get his race engineer to feed the other side of the pit false info.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Jomox wrote:

Coming from the man who said that Button didn't beat him he beat himself, that doesn't actually say much.

As for inexperienced. He's not a rookie no more. I'm sure Perez isn't looking at Button as some sort of teacher he needs to learn from.

As for helping his team mate. I would be very surprised if the shared computer gantry comes down in the McLaren pit. I'm sure the data will still flow both ways.

And can you point out a top driver that wasn't a #2 that liked helping his team mate? Lewis didn't like it and was verbal about it, refused to help his team mate in his rookie year. Alonso doesn't like it, Schui wasn't too keen. Ever seen Vettel lend a hand to Webber? Piquet used to get his race engineer to feed the other side of the pit false info.

So now your making things up because you personal don't agree with what Hamilton said.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:20 pm 

Jomox wrote:
So now your making things up because you personal don't agree with what Hamilton said.

Making things up?

Nope, said end of 2011.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Jomox wrote:

Making things up?

Nope, said end of 2011.

Yes your making it up, I never said that. Just because you don't agree with someone or an F1 driver don't give you the right to go and make things up saying people have said something they have never said.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm 

Jomox wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Jomox wrote:

Making things up?

Nope, said end of 2011.

Yes your making it up, I never said that. Just because you don't agree with someone or an F1 driver don't give you the right to go and make things up saying people have said something they have never said.

I didn't say you said it.

Hamilton did. The same guy that said he learnt nothing from Button.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm 

So now your calling a Hamilton a Lier? Very big :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm 

No I think the FIA stewards did that in '09 :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:09 pm 

Button will try to be his Daddy, but Perez will son him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

What a way to add to the thread :?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm 

I have read this story a while ago, this is the reason why i dislike Button so much, when he was lost earlier this year (and Brazil after he and his engineer wanted to take the wrong set up) who's set up did he needed despite his 12 years of experience. The guy is so selfish and greedy so called team player, i really hope he will fail next year more then ever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm 

I have read this story a while ago, this is the reason why i dislike Button so much, when he was lost earlier this year (and Brazil after he and his engineer wanted to take the wrong set up) who's set up did he needed despite his 12 years of experience. The guy is so selfish and greedy so called team player, i really hope he will fail next year more then ever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 pm 

Hmm, the only guy who you can really measure yourself against is your teammate. I wouldn't do that guy too many favours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

What a way to add to the thread :?

sorry, I was just trying to continue the familial theme :-P

I actually think Button is a level above Perez who is overrated, maybe the latter will prove me wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

Sounds like the start of a joke: "So an Englishman and a Mexican went to this pub right..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 am 

I'm sure Jense will help Perez if he has mathematically no chance of winning WDC any more. And Perez will do the same for Jense. I think they will work well together.