planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:24 pm 

Maybe the Mercedes guys in the McLaren Garage are the ones who have really been sabotaging him so Merc could poach him :lol: :lol: :lol:

The pretend to work on the engine, accidentally drop a bolt into the gearbox.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:25 pm 

froze wrote:
Johnston wrote:
froze wrote:
It was confirmed by Martin Whitmarsh that the failure was caused by a faulty fuel pump manufactured by Mercedes Benz, so whether or not Mclaren are a joke does not relate to today's failure I'm afraid.

Thats kinda ironic.

It is because I bet in the end most of the people don't probably know that detail and even if they do, this race's outcome will probably be remembered as how Mclaren let Lewis down again and how it's going to be so much better when he finally gets to Merc, when the failed part was in fact a Merc part. To put it simple, more of an image loss to Mclaren, Merc not so much.

To be fair if next years merc is as good as this years he will be too busy trying to meld his car with another midfield runner before his car fails him

(Note to Lewis fans: if you're still reading that was a joke!)

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm 

froze wrote:
It was confirmed by Martin Whitmarsh that the failure was caused by a faulty fuel pump manufactured by Mercedes Benz, so whether or not Mclaren are a joke does not relate to today's failure I'm afraid.

Has any other team with mercedes engines have such problems before? McLaren had 2 now ( Monza) . Maybe it has something to do with how McLaren runs this parts. Engine mapping or something like this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Maybe the Mercedes guys in the McLaren Garage are the ones who have really been sabotaging him so Merc could poach him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe it's a trick from Withmarsh to drop the price of the mercedes engines for next year?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Maybe it's a trick from Withmarsh to drop the price of the mercedes engines for next year?

Next years are still free ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 pm 

By their own standards, yes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 pm 

Every team seems to have spells of good and bad reliability. I know a lot of people on this forum haven't been following F1 all that long, but McLaren had lots of reliability problems 2000-2006 also. Enough so that Whirmarsh said he feels they owe Kimi two championships, similar to his recent comments about owing Hamilton more than his single championship.

McLaren know that are having issues, and I'm sure no one wants to fix that more than they do.

I felt bad for Hamilton today for sure. Things like this I'm sure reinforce his decision for 2013 with Merc.

As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 pm 

Bring back Ron I say.
I wonder what that nice Mister Schumacher is doing next year?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 pm 

seandean41 wrote:

I felt bad for Hamilton today for sure. Things like this I'm sure reinforce his decision for 2013 with Merc.

I'm not sure it will when he finds out it was a Merc supplied part that apparently failed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 pm 

This is no difference in unreliability compared to Mika and Kimi years.

I think that they take more risks with their hardware compared to other teams.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm 

SwSpeed wrote:

Exactly.

And they need to start reading the rulebook the way Newey does; "wellllll, it doesn't explicitly say we CAN'T do it this way"

As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 pm 

SwSpeed wrote:

Different era imo. Back then cars blowing was a regular occurrence. In this current cost cutting era. The cars have generally been more sturdy, some would say bullet proof.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:17 am 

Qiwater wrote:
viariani wrote:
No Button's was simply a mechanical failure whereas Lewis's was down the MW putting sand in the 'box :)

You guys are really interesting it isn't enough for you that Lewis DNF your not fully happy unless you can find some way to make it his fault .

I think it may well have been his fault this time, fuel pumps driveshafts don't break themselves, unless you are too rough with the car/charge the new Abu Dhabi kerblets

It's not that you don't think he's good it's that he's too good for your liking and you wish to discredit him . I do not believe some of the posters on this forum are F1 fans your agenda is obvious .

Nope, I have never met Hamilton, if I did I have no doubt I would be in awe and probably hang on his every word. His religious followers however? pfffft :)

I support Lewis but <snip> zzzzzz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 am 

tmzxaar wrote:
spooky wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:
5?

I tell you what is a joke people starting a countdown for a thread to lock.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

You guys should re-read the OP. I'm sure he's referring the amount of mechanical failures the OP mentioned.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:27 am 

They were a joke 5 races ago. This is an entire stand up routine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 am 

they were that unreliable since mika, raikkonen days

What lewis experience this year is something that kimi and mika both experienced for years and with much worst car.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 am 

viariani wrote:
Qiwater wrote:
viariani wrote:
No Button's was simply a mechanical failure whereas Lewis's was down the MW putting sand in the 'box :)

You guys are really interesting it isn't enough for you that Lewis DNF your not fully happy unless you can find some way to make it his fault .

I think it may well have been his fault this time, fuel pumps driveshafts don't break themselves, unless you are too rough with the car/charge the new Abu Dhabi kerblets

It's not that you don't think he's good it's that he's too good for your liking and you wish to discredit him . I do not believe some of the posters on this forum are F1 fans your agenda is obvious .

Nope, I have never met Hamilton, if I did I have no doubt I would be in awe and probably hang on his every word. His religious followers however? pfffft :)

"A groundless rumour often covers a lot of ground "

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 am 

IDrinkYourMilkshake wrote:
They are guaranteed to be a joke next year, seeing Perez's driving. It's like blind GP2 driving, it's pathetic! It was beyond dumb.

Saying that, Webber is 36, yet had bad driving. He touched Maldonado by giving no room, went off track trying to Massa and joined back FULL SPEED next to him, of course anyone would be shocked and would spin like Massa to avoid him.

But staying on topic, Mclaren are a complete joke for a team which prides in it's technology. Ha!

So who would you have brought in to replace Lewis if not Perez? He certainly seemed like the best option.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 am 

If Mclaren is a joke, it'll be a bad joke.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:21 am 

wonder81 wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:

Different era imo. Back then cars blowing was a regular occurrence. In this current cost cutting era. The cars have generally been more sturdy, some would say bullet proof.

Which makes Hammy's retirements as of late more suspect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 am 

They are on a slippery slope towards midfield anonymity .
Seeing kimi inherit a win thanks to a macca failure was sheer KARMA.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 am 

viariani wrote:
Qiwater wrote:
viariani wrote:

Unfortunately, you are incorrect, drive-shafts and fuel pumps do break themselves and Lewis is not the 'most' aggressive driver on the circuit, take the little chicane at Singapore, how many people took flying lessons off that and came away unscathed.

I would expect that some of the back marker teams experience much harder wear and tear on parts as they are exposed to unexpected forces where for the most part the front running cars run as expected yet seem to have better reliability than McLaren at this current time.

Suggesting its Lewis' fault puts you in the same category (although on the other side of the argument), as the religious 'Lewis can do no wrong' fans.

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am 

some of it is bad luck, but not all of it.

several changes need to be made during the winter i think, because for a top 3 team like McLaren is not even close to being good enough. in the age of the super realiable car, McLarens are probably the most unrealiable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:37 am 

Tommay wrote:
They are a joke of a team, for the last what 5 races mechanical failures, not furling enough, pit stops, gearbox failures, went of on some little field trip with button trying to find what was wrong with his setup while leaving Hamilton to slow down.

Theyve had a fast car all season long, Hamilton has driven faultless, mclaren are a joke.

As ive always said, Lewis signing to Merc was the best decision of his life. I feel sorry for button. Year after year mclaren does some unbelievably stupid stuff that even HRT cant do. i think the mclaren has been the most unreliable car this season. cant think of any other team that has had more mechanical failure problems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am 

Why did we not get any interviews with Ron Dennis, he was there and I find him much more informative than whitmarsh.

and yes Mclaren are a joke, what is it now? the last 5 races, 4 have suffered mechanical failures. (I may be wrong on the numbers but im pretty sure there close)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:26 am 

So, McLaren walks into a bar...

Nope, doesn't sounds like a joke.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 am 

stevey wrote:
Why did we not get any interviews with Ron Dennis, he was there and I find him much more informative than whitmarsh.

and yes Mclaren are a joke, what is it now? the last 5 races, 4 have suffered mechanical failures. (I may be wrong on the numbers but im pretty sure there close)

Abu Dhabi - Hamilton's car fails
India - none
Korea - Hamilton's rear anti-roll bar breaks
Japan - can't remember
Singapore - Hamilton's gearbox dies during race
Italy - Button's car fails

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 am 

Covalent wrote:

What about;

Mclaren walks into a bar. It broke. It was a rear anti-roll bar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am 

GingerFurball wrote:
Japan - can't remember

When people try and bring stats I ignore them as soon as I see "Cant remember".

How about you go back and actually research.

And while your at it, do the same for every team on that grid because other teams have had severe reliability issues. The only difference with Mclaren is they get compared to Ferrari and RBR instead of comparing to the top 10 teams.

No one fumed back in 2010 when RBR had issues with kers every other race or reliability problems, no one fumed last year when Vettel got the puncture first corner.

Get over it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am 

lonix2011 wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:
Japan - can't remember

When people try and bring stats I ignore them as soon as I see "Cant remember".

How about you go back and actually research.

And while your at it, do the same for every team on that grid because other teams have had severe reliability issues. The only difference with Mclaren is they get compared to Ferrari and RBR instead of comparing to the top 10 teams.

No one fumed back in 2010 when RBR had issues with kers every other race or reliability problems, no one fumed last year when Vettel got the puncture first corner.

Get over it.

I'm only providing info off the top of my head. You're more than welcome to untwist your knickers and correct any mistakes I've made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 am 

Massively frustrating to be a Macca supporter at the moment, but other than maybe wanting to vent in the heat of the moment I wouldn't say they are a joke (or any other team for that matter).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am 

Benici wrote:
Covalent wrote:

What about;

should be

A Mclaren a Red Bull and a Ferrari walk into a bar. It broke. It was a rear anti-roll bar
Red Bull blamed Renault, Ferrari said it didnt, but they will have a better one next round

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm 

Benici wrote:
Covalent wrote:

What about;

:lol:

Grosjean rolls into an anti-roll bar, the bartender says "can't you read the sign, this is an ANTI-roll bar"!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:53 am 

Some 80 points off the WDC and no driver close to a WDC, whilst having one of the most competitive cars all season. Mclaren are pathetic imo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:05 am 

What's this? Dead Thread Redemption?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 am 

End of season summery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 am 

It wasn't that summery today - rather wet in fact.

McLaren have certainly been frustrating with their mistakes and reliability, but they have as many wins as RBR this season, so they must be doing something right.

They narrowly missed out on 2nd place in the WCC, but if they are 'pathetic' and 'a joke' then the 9 teams below them are even worse. Which suggests that the whole sport is predominantly pathetic and a joke.

Or perhaps a few people on the internet are slightly hysterical.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 am 

Dam_Noir wrote:
What's this? Dead Thread Redemption?

It's another tinfoil thread, the pissing and moaning and bellyaching knows no limits in that alternative universe ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 am 

a joke that build very fast cars...

they ironed out the pit stop problems...

But they had reliability problems...and they lost Lewis

I suspect they will overcome these reliability problems and return very strong...two or three years Lewis will come back...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:14 am 

McLaren are class, as a Vettel fan i'd like him to go there one day, instead of Ferrari.