planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am
Posts: 275
Johnston, do you think the time Lewis went to Horner and asked for a drive he would have walked away if they offered him half the money? Do you think he was just making the comments up at the start of the season when he was saying he just want to win so he could leave for more money and nobody would suspect it?

The guys worth something like £60M and whilst I don't think he would drive for pennys I don't think he's driven by money either, its not like he's short of cash and his name will pay his bar tab for many many years.

I think something is rotten in the relationship between him and McLaren, the Ron to Martin transition, signing Jenson, Lewis 2011 walkabout or McLarens shambolic 2012 (or a combination of it all), its not difficult to see why somebody might walk away from that.

viariani wrote:
PzR Slim wrote:
viariani wrote:
PzR Slim wrote:
viariani wrote:
My spidey sense is tingling... :( Please for the love of GOD don't take this clown back!! I'm salivating at the thought of Merc floundering "With the monkeys at the back" in 2013!!

I find it quite amazing that anyone could be that sad to spend any time at all on such a thought.

Bit of a strange comment from Whitmarsh. I'm not sure it's meant quite as harshly as it sounds. MW often ends up saying things that sound much worse than he intended IMO.


Haha, find it as sad as you like sunbeam, roll on 2013 ;)

At which point he'll still be driving an F1 car and getting paid handsomely for it, whilst you'll still be posting hate on an internet forum ;)


You're not doing a bad job yourself fella ;)


When did they start putting internet under bridges?

_________________
Forgive me, Budweiser clouds my judgement sometimes...

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Fook me all I posted was one quote from Martin W to show there was more to the Excerpts that SKY cherry picked.

I picked one bit I thought was interesting, that no one was commenting on.

everyone was going on about how "Oh he shouldn't have said that. " When even McLaren think it was about the money.

Now apart from Lewis, his management and Merc who do you think is better placed to say?

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am
Posts: 275
Johnston wrote:
Fook me all I posted was one quote from Martin W to show there was more to the Excerpts that SKY cherry picked.

I picked one bit I thought was interesting, that no one was commenting on.

everyone was going on about how "Oh he shouldn't have said that. " When even McLaren think it was about the money.

Now apart from Lewis, his management and Merc who do you think is better placed to say?


So when Lewis says its about building a team and MW says he suspects its about money you believe the latter even though he's not even sure himself?

_________________
Forgive me, Budweiser clouds my judgement sometimes...

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Edinburgh
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
bartonz20let wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Fook me all I posted was one quote from Martin W to show there was more to the Excerpts that SKY cherry picked.

I picked one bit I thought was interesting, that no one was commenting on.

everyone was going on about how "Oh he shouldn't have said that. " When even McLaren think it was about the money.

Now apart from Lewis, his management and Merc who do you think is better placed to say?


So when Lewis says its about building a team and MW says he suspects its about money you believe the latter even though he's not even sure himself?



I think i'll let Martin answer that.

Quote:
Ah, you have to justify your decision. He is not going to say ‘hey, they offered me more money’. He is also not going to say that he’s made an awful mistake.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am
Posts: 275
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.


Or he could win the race, beat his team mate considerably, go onto next year, have a better than expected year and make them regret not doing more to keep him.

_________________
Forgive me, Budweiser clouds my judgement sometimes...

Member of the Lewis Hamilton fan club but yet to receive my customary tin foil hat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 pm
Posts: 475
bartonz20let wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.


Or he could win the race, beat his team mate considerably, go onto next year, have a better than expected year and make them regret not doing more to keep him.

I honestly don't think that any of the drivers in F1 have it in them to deliberately ruin a race out of spite. They are racers (and some of the very best) - you put them in a car and all they want to do is win. Regardless of whether the guys in the team have annoyed them, as soon as they are on the track racing all they care about is winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:51 am
Posts: 1049
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.

You're right but Hamilton is such a gentleman. As Whitmarsh hopes he goes on to regret his decision, Hamilton has constantly been talking about leaving on a high with a victory.

Classy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Ohh FFS if you were a team boss would you want a driver going somewhere and beating you?

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
Johnston wrote:
Ohh FFS if you were a team boss would you want a driver going somewhere and beating you?

To be fair Johnston, Whitmarsh has come across as incredibly unprofessional here. The jist is he just wished his current driver a bad time at next new team next year. That isn't really fair. Even if the relationship between Lewis and McLaren was strained it wouldn't have been hard for either to remain professional and loyal towards each other until Jan 1st 2013. More it was a downright rude thing to say really, after all Lewis is a WDC for McLaren and he has given them a huge amount since 2007. To wish him bad luck before he's even left is a bit sad.

Your point about him not wanting Lewis to beat him next year is irrelevent. He could have worded it so he said "I hope Lewis has a good year next season but I just hope we have a slightly better one." or something.

I think Whitmarsh just blew any chance there may have been of Lewis ever returning to McLaren should he still be in charge.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 pm
Posts: 198
Anyone else notice when Lewis got pole, Martin's face? I was laughing, it was like he was about to cry thinking oh ffs we replaced this guy with Perez.

Mclaren will still do well next year because they will have a super fast car and will sort out their reliability problems


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Laura23 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Ohh FFS if you were a team boss would you want a driver going somewhere and beating you?

To be fair Johnston, Whitmarsh has come across as incredibly unprofessional here. The jist is he just wished his current driver a bad time at next new team next year. That isn't really fair. Even if the relationship between Lewis and McLaren was strained it wouldn't have been hard for either to remain professional and loyal towards each other until Jan 1st 2013. More it was a downright rude thing to say really, after all Lewis is a WDC for McLaren and he has given them a huge amount since 2007. To wish him bad luck before he's even left is a bit sad.

Your point about him not wanting Lewis to beat him next year is irrelevent. He could have worded it so he said "I hope Lewis has a good year next season but I just hope we have a slightly better one." or something.

I think Whitmarsh just blew any chance there may have been of Lewis ever returning to McLaren should he still be in charge.


The flip side is "I'm fed up with these PR robots"

" So what they swore they are only words".

etc etc.

One minute it's they shouldn't be all PR and should say what they think.

The next it's " Incredibly unprofessional"

Well he said what he thinks and now he's getting bashed for not being professional enough :? :?

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Posts: 468
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
viariani wrote:
My spidey sense is tingling... :( Please for the love of GOD don't take this clown back!! I'm salivating at the thought of Merc floundering "With the monkeys at the back" in 2013 :nod:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Me too!

_________________
Vettel / Raikkonen / Button


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
If this interview were a video, nobody would have a problem with it. You KNOW whitmarsh was just being lighthearted. Why does everyone have to make a mountain out of every Lewis Hamilton molehill?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 2412
I thought i'd read all the comments, but seriously questioned that thought as no one seemingly bothered to read and understand the context of what was said, by who and what it may actually mean. FFS, Whitmarsh knew the lad since he was yay high, well he was 11. 16 years of association, and while some may not understand it, the association must not have been all professional, but more personal. For christ's sake, he even mentions as much in the interview.
Quote:
"I have known him since he was 11 and worked with him since his teens and I know we will both be very emotional after Brazil.


In the story, he used emotion(s)/ emotional 4 times. I'll think MW meant how Lewis was McLaren and McLaren was Lewis, when he suggested regret and how it may not be the case at merc, hence the regret... Sounded like someone who felt slightly betrayed. I wouldn't blame him, given he doesn't fully know why Lewis made that move... and after such a long association, relationships (please don't weird it out...) are made which could be stressed by something like this.

_________________
My Top 5 drivers of all times:
1) Prost/ Schumacher
3) Fangio
4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"


Last edited by garagetinkerer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:37 pm
Posts: 2039
Be very interesting to see people's reactions if the roles had been reversed....

_________________
If...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
Hamilton's just realised that:

(a) The car is all hail the mods slow.
(b) The team is German.
(c) His teammate is German.
(d) His teammate is fast.
(e) His race engineer is going to be Michael Schumacher.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 7976
Ev0lutionz wrote:
Whats that phrase called? Where he regrets it but he wants the other guy to know he wants him back? I forgot that word.


Er, is that last offer still open?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 2412
F1Thomas wrote:
Arr did not take long for Johnston to come in with this money theory thats based on no facts. Saying money was anything to do with him leaving is saying Hamilton, Brawn, Whistmarsh, McLaren, all lie. Money had nothing to do with the move and this was put to rest before, but as stated it don't long for someone to bring up that theory based on no facts.

Does he drive for free? So money is a factor, whether his fans would like to agree or not, it doesn't change much. However, how big a factor is anybody's guess.

_________________
My Top 5 drivers of all times:
1) Prost/ Schumacher
3) Fangio
4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:51 am
Posts: 1049
Eva09 wrote:
Hamilton's just realised that:

(a) The car is all hail the mods slow.
(b) The team is German.
(c) His teammate is German.
(d) His teammate is fast.
(e) His race engineer is going to be Michael Schumacher.

Considering McLaren's reliability, this might be the best part for him ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
Johnston wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Ohh FFS if you were a team boss would you want a driver going somewhere and beating you?

To be fair Johnston, Whitmarsh has come across as incredibly unprofessional here. The jist is he just wished his current driver a bad time at next new team next year. That isn't really fair. Even if the relationship between Lewis and McLaren was strained it wouldn't have been hard for either to remain professional and loyal towards each other until Jan 1st 2013. More it was a downright rude thing to say really, after all Lewis is a WDC for McLaren and he has given them a huge amount since 2007. To wish him bad luck before he's even left is a bit sad.

Your point about him not wanting Lewis to beat him next year is irrelevent. He could have worded it so he said "I hope Lewis has a good year next season but I just hope we have a slightly better one." or something.

I think Whitmarsh just blew any chance there may have been of Lewis ever returning to McLaren should he still be in charge.


The flip side is "I'm fed up with these PR robots"

" So what they swore they are only words".

etc etc.

One minute it's they shouldn't be all PR and should say what they think.

The next it's " Incredibly unprofessional"

Well he said what he thinks and now he's getting bashed for not being professional enough :? :?

I don't think Team Bosses should say what they think. Drivers are a different story, we want them to be honest about what they think goes on on track and about other drivers. If any driver came out and aid he hopes his former team struggles next year before he'd even left he'd be torn apart and rightly so.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 2412
phyz wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Hamilton's just realised that:

(a) The car is all hail the mods slow.
(b) The team is German.
(c) His teammate is German.
(d) His teammate is fast.
(e) His race engineer is going to be Michael Schumacher.

Considering McLaren's reliability, this might be the best part for him ;)


Team Mercedes: 136 points
Lewis Hamilton: 165 points

While the other poster is indeed being silly (not in a bad way... nothing personal/ humorous), but you are losing sight of math. Just like gravity, math can be a cruel mistress.

_________________
My Top 5 drivers of all times:
1) Prost/ Schumacher
3) Fangio
4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:37 am
Posts: 440
Location: San Diego, California USA
phyz wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Hamilton's just realised that:

(a) The car is all hail the mods slow.
(b) The team is German.
(c) His teammate is German.
(d) His teammate is fast.
(e) His race engineer is going to be Michael Schumacher.

Considering McLaren's reliability, this might be the best part for him ;)


:]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 152
garagetinkerer wrote:
phyz wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Hamilton's just realised that:

(a) The car is all hail the mods slow.
(b) The team is German.
(c) His teammate is German.
(d) His teammate is fast.
(e) His race engineer is going to be Michael Schumacher.

Considering McLaren's reliability, this might be the best part for him ;)


Team Mercedes: 136 points
Lewis Hamilton: 165 points

While the other poster is indeed being silly (not in a bad way... nothing personal/ humorous), but you are losing sight of math. Just like gravity, math can be a cruel mistress.


And that's with a really unreliable car...

_________________
Jenson, Just watch your supply of hot weather hats! O'k. Good on ya.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2528
phyz wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.

You're right but Hamilton is such a gentleman. As Whitmarsh hopes he goes on to regret his decision, Hamilton has constantly been talking about leaving on a high with a victory.

Classy!


Well, classy or just the fact that he is a top athlete that wants and needs to always do his best possible. For himself and to show future employers, sponsors and fans at what level he is.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 pm
Posts: 332
This is a long one guys.

"I respect his decision, but I believe he would be better off with us; we are the stronger team and we intend to beat him next year.

He sounds like the Mad ex boyfriend thats jealous his girl left him for another wha a lame remark. Is this a sign of pressure getting to Whitmarsh?? first we have a headline about perez regrets, now he things Lewis is regretting his decision. I don't see how he can come to that conclusion. Lewis has the talent to be a double world Champion like Vettel and Alonso and because of Mclarens mistakes he has lost out again. I don't think Lewis is stupid enough to think a move to mercedes next year is going to win him the 2013 Championsip. Lewis is looking at the long game and a new challenge, whitmarsh should worry about his own problems. Firstly getting 2 cars to the finishing line.

Withmarsh only needs too look in the mirror.


Ev0lutionz wrote:
The only mistake he did was to make Button no.1 in Mclaren and not backing their faster and star driver. And also fix their reliability issues.


This. The first mistake Withmarsh made was signing Jenson till 2015 for Macca. Big mistake (Vin Diesel voice)

stevey wrote:
All this says to me is Whitmarsh regrets it big time, maybe he's realised that his position is in jeopardy based on next years results and this is how he lets his frustration go.

2013 will be make or break for Whitmarsh


This. its really getting too him, he is now just starting too realize what a mistake he made lettting him go. what a douche :lol:

MclarenBullet wrote:
Martin and Mclaren know they have messed up big time, losing the fastest driver in the sport who was the best chance of bringing them a title. They are left with JB who is a very good driver but his Quali is poor and he is awful if the car has setup problems. They have replaced Lewis with Perez with makes me laugh all the time. When the realised Lewis might leave they offered to pay him more money than anyone in the sport(reported by MW)

Ron Dennis must of gone mental because although i don't think Lewis is at the level of Senna it's like that moment all over again for Mclaren when Senna left, that feeling must be horrible.


this.

Samaritan wrote:
As far as understand it in the final days of Lewis leaving,one of Mclaren wealthy partners inquired as to why Lewis is Leaving,he was told it was because of money,so he personally decided to to up the offer generously by that time it was too late.so now Witmasrh is disingenously going around saying that they offered Lewis the best package of any driver

Witmasrh effort to humiliate Lewis into paycut,thinking all top seat were sown up.back fired,It also seems that he got angry at Merc for offering Lewis a way out of mclaren,thats why 2 weeks ago they were threatening to not want to pay for MREC engine and looking at Honda.

This is just more evidence that Witmarsh hold deep resentment towards Lewis,it explain why a mediocre driver like Button is close in points,its explains 4 consecutive mechanical failures that took Lewis out of the WDC and it explains why he offered Lewis one of the top 3 drivers in F1 in the last 5yrs a paycut

Why is a Savy Media operative Like Witmasrh responding to media question like those or putting out such devisive statement at this point .The answer is that he desperately wants Button to beat Lewis in the points and any thing to distablize Lewis would do,this is a hallmark of Witmarsh Button era trying to gawd Lewis into a reaction and mistake


Great analysis, all those errors on Lewis car where no accident or some strange Series of unfortunate events.

ashley313 wrote:
Losing Lewis is not the sam as saying bye to Senna lol Jeez. Delusional people up in here. McLaren should be as happy to get a fresh start as Lewis is.


Thats why Withmarsh is sounding like a jealous ex girlfriend..right. he's gutted and is finally realizing it. Why would he say all this shi** then?

garagetinkerer wrote:
/quote]

In the story, he used emotion(s)/ emotional 4 times. I'll think MW meant how Lewis was McLaren and McLaren was Lewis, when he suggested regret and how it may not be the case at merc, hence the regret... Sounded like someone who felt slightly betrayed. I wouldn't blame him, given he doesn't fully know why Lewis made that move... and after such a long association, relationships (please don't weird it out...) are made which could be stressed by something like this.


I guess Lewis felt betrayed after his car stopping when he was P1. After all the screw up at the beginning of the season i feel lewis is entitled too leaving that fairy cakes team.

ashley313 wrote:
If this interview were a video, nobody would have a problem with it. You KNOW whitmarsh was just being lighthearted. Why does everyone have to make a mountain out of every Lewis Hamilton molehill?

How would you know? Pure speculation nothing more

PzR Slim wrote:
Be very interesting to see people's reactions if the roles had been reversed....


Than Ashley313 would be all over this thread.. wouldn't you Ash?

_________________
HAMILTON/ALONSO/RAIKONNEN/VETTEL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 pm
Posts: 332
Mr-E wrote:
phyz wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.

You're right but Hamilton is such a gentleman. As Whitmarsh hopes he goes on to regret his decision, Hamilton has constantly been talking about leaving on a high with a victory.

Classy!


Well, classy or just the fact that he is a top athlete that wants and needs to always do his best possible. For himself and to show future employers, sponsors and fans at what level he is.


This he's only going for wins nothing less can be expected from him and all other drivers for that matter.

_________________
HAMILTON/ALONSO/RAIKONNEN/VETTEL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 pm
Posts: 85
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.



Thats exactly what they want so No grip Jenson can outscore him,then the jenson appologise can say that he beat him twice as teammate,nevermind what actually happen during the season. like last year when they did everything in the 2nd half of the seanson to sabotage Lewis to make Button outscore him....lets not forget that Lewis was leading in points up to the 2nd half of the season....coupled with some well timed dnf at the end of the season last year sealed it

This year Lewis is driving near to perfection so all their tricks are there to seen and they have no mistakes by Lewis to use as cover

now what we seeing is pure fustration after 4 mechanical failure and full attention from the team,Button still cant beat him,so they reverting to gawding Lewis hoping to distablize him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:56 am
Posts: 1215
Bakerking31 wrote:
phyz wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Hamilton's just realised that:

(a) The car is all hail the mods slow.
(b) The team is German.
(c) His teammate is German.
(d) His teammate is fast.
(e) His race engineer is going to be Michael Schumacher.

Considering McLaren's reliability, this might be the best part for him ;)


:]


(d) he has been teammates with Nico before and he outperformed Nico.
(e) is this true?

I'd be more worried about Lauda causing disruption in the team...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Laura23 wrote:
I don't think Team Bosses should say what they think. Drivers are a different story, we want them to be honest about what they think goes on on track and about other drivers. If any driver came out and aid he hopes his former team struggles next year before he'd even left he'd be torn apart and rightly so.


So you want Drivers to say the truth but not team principles?

Isn't that having double standards?

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:51 am
Posts: 1167
Johnston wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
I don't think Team Bosses should say what they think. Drivers are a different story, we want them to be honest about what they think goes on on track and about other drivers. If any driver came out and aid he hopes his former team struggles next year before he'd even left he'd be torn apart and rightly so.


So you want Drivers to say the truth but not team principles?

Isn't that having double standards?


I think many drivers had said of the love they have for the team they are departing and wished them luck in the future but added not too much luck because they want to beat them!

_________________
Multi 21 or Catch 22?!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2528
Samaritan wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.



Thats exactly what they want so No grip Jenson can outscore him,then the jenson appologise can say that he beat him twice as teammate,nevermind what actually happen during the season. like last year when they did everything in the 2nd half of the seanson to sabotage Lewis to make Button outscore him....lets not forget that Lewis was leading in points up to the 2nd half of the season....coupled with some well timed dnf at the end of the season last year sealed it

This year Lewis is driving near to perfection so all their tricks are there to seen and they have no mistakes by Lewis to use as cover

now what we seeing is pure fustration after 4 mechanical failure and full attention from the team,Button still cant beat him,so they reverting to gawding Lewis hoping to distablize him


I'm so sick of stupid posts like this.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Emerson.F wrote:

PzR Slim wrote:
Be very interesting to see people's reactions if the roles had been reversed....


Than Ashley313 would be all over this thread.. wouldn't you Ash?

If Lewis said he hopes to beat McLaren next year? Umm, duh. What else should he say?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
ashley313 wrote:
Emerson.F wrote:

PzR Slim wrote:
Be very interesting to see people's reactions if the roles had been reversed....


Than Ashley313 would be all over this thread.. wouldn't you Ash?

If Lewis said he hopes to beat McLaren next year? Umm, duh. What else should he say?



Maybe oh fairy cakes I'm driving for the guys who have given us 2 faulty fuel pumps this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:52 am
Posts: 1654
Zoue wrote:
Johnston wrote:
What's he supposed to say. I hope he goes and wins 3 WDCs and WCCs. I'm sure his bosses would love their team principle saying they he hopes another team beats them.

Could you imagine Horner coming out and saying "Well yeah I hope Seb goes to Ferrari and beats us" ?

Odd no one has picked up onthis yet.

Quote:
We made Lewis an offer - an offer, which I believe is more money than any other driver at the moment is being paid. That leads us to suspect that our competitor and our partner Mercedes-Benz offered a bit more money. I don’t know that, but I think for Lewis made his decision. I am disappointed in one sense, but you have to focus on going forward.

I noticed that, and I think Martin's trying to figure out why Lewis made the move. It can't be the reliability / mistake issues, frustrating as they were, because Lewis has chosen to go to arguably the only team on the grid with a worse record than McLaren this year. It's possible that Lewis genuinely wants the challenge of taking a team from zero to hero, although what he thinks he can do when possibly the greatest example of a driver to have done so in modern history hasn't been able to do it with the same team is anybody's guess. That leaves money, and if McLaren offered the pot at the end of the rainbow as claimed then it would be hard for someone to walk away from that, leaving him to conclude that maybe Lewis wasn't walking away from that as Mercedes had upped the ante even more.

I have been saying it from nearly the beginning of this season but Lewis like any other top rated driver needs the #1 in the team - something he wasn't getting at McLaren. I find it surprising that not many think Lewis made the move because he is getting #1 at Merc. In fact I even know Ross Brawn publicly stated that Lewis wont be getting #1 at Merc but since we all are speculating and not everything everyone says is the truth, I would put my money on the guess that Lewis made the move coz he wanted #1, something he has likely been promised by Merc behind closed doors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:51 am
Posts: 1167
Mr-E wrote:
Samaritan wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not a Hamilton fan. But what Whitmarsh has said is shocking. If I was Hamilton I would do everything possible to McLaren's race in Texas to make it their worse race in Grand Prix history.



Thats exactly what they want so No grip Jenson can outscore him,then the jenson appologise can say that he beat him twice as teammate,nevermind what actually happen during the season. like last year when they did everything in the 2nd half of the seanson to sabotage Lewis to make Button outscore him....lets not forget that Lewis was leading in points up to the 2nd half of the season....coupled with some well timed dnf at the end of the season last year sealed it

This year Lewis is driving near to perfection so all their tricks are there to seen and they have no mistakes by Lewis to use as cover

now what we seeing is pure fustration after 4 mechanical failure and full attention from the team,Button still cant beat him,so they reverting to gawding Lewis hoping to distablize him


I'm so sick of stupid posts like this.


Yeah when they sabotaged Lewis during the second half of last year, hypnotised him into crashing whenever he raced wheel to wheel with Massa!

Oh now when you see it written down it looks silly doesn't it?!

_________________
Multi 21 or Catch 22?!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 369
Location: b. c. canada
Maybe hamilton should come out and say. I hope mclaren has a horrible year and regret losing me to merc. I hope twitmarsh screws up as badly as he has this year and gets fired. I hope the money men behind mclaren realize how much this team has gone downhill and demand a change in management.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 pm
Posts: 332
..

_________________
HAMILTON/ALONSO/RAIKONNEN/VETTEL


Last edited by Emerson.F on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 22553
Samaritan wrote:
As far as understand it in the final days of Lewis leaving,one of Mclaren wealthy partners inquired as to why Lewis is Leaving,he was told it was because of money,so he personally decided to to up the offer generously by that time it was too late.so now Witmasrh is disingenously going around saying that they offered Lewis the best package of any driver

Witmasrh effort to humiliate Lewis into paycut,thinking all top seat were sown up.back fired,It also seems that he got angry at Merc for offering Lewis a way out of mclaren,thats why 2 weeks ago they were threatening to not want to pay for MREC engine and looking at Honda.

This is just more evidence that Witmarsh hold deep resentment towards Lewis,it explain why a mediocre driver like Button is close in points,its explains 4 consecutive mechanical failures that took Lewis out of the WDC and it explains why he offered Lewis one of the top 3 drivers in F1 in the last 5yrs a paycut

Why is a Savy Media operative Like Witmasrh responding to media question like those or putting out such devisive statement at this point .The answer is that he desperately wants Button to beat Lewis in the points and any thing to distablize Lewis would do,this is a hallmark of Witmarsh Button era trying to gawd Lewis into a reaction and mistake

Wow. Clearly you are privy to inside information none of us mere mortals have access to. Loads of facts there not in the public domain. Impressed I am


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
spiritone wrote:
Maybe hamilton should come out and say. I hope mclaren has a horrible year and regret losing me to merc. I hope twitmarsh screws up as badly as he has this year and gets fired. I hope the money men behind mclaren realize how much this team has gone downhill and demand a change in management.



Gone downhill, have you compared it too a Ron Era yet? He still has something like 3 years to get it as wrong as Ron.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KingVoid, Rockie and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group