planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

Alonso's statement means:
He have a plan that will give advantage on sunday 21%  21%  [ 18 ]
He is talking nonsense to hide his failure and car weaknesses 79%  79%  [ 69 ]
Total votes : 87
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 pm 

I find it hard to believe he would sacrifice qualifying pace for race set up and risk starting ninth on a green track where overtaking could prove tricky, off the racing line will be dusty and could ruin tyres, it’s not yas marina and the chances of a safety car won’t be as high in the USA. The fact Massa out qualified him also points to the fact that he had a bad day at the office, he must be hoping for a major bit of luck today, I was thinking when I watched qualifying if he doesn’t make it into the top five what’s the chance of Vettel lapping him????

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:05 pm 

mattrich wrote:
I find it hard to believe he would sacrifice qualifying pace for race set up and risk starting ninth on a green track where overtaking could prove tricky, off the racing line will be dusty and could ruin tyres, it’s not yas marina and the chances of a safety car won’t be as high in the USA. The fact Massa out qualified him also points to the fact that he had a bad day at the office, he must be hoping for a major bit of luck today, I was thinking when I watched qualifying if he doesn’t make it into the top five what’s the chance of Vettel lapping him????

it wont take to long to clean up the track at the end of the DRS straight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 pm 

chinki wrote:
^^

9 hours to go till Vettel gets crowned and Alonso fans are feverishly working up fantasies

What are you on about? If Vettel wins then Vettel wins. End of.

No matter what the season result is, Alonso fans can be satisfied in knowing their guy has been by far and away the ultimate competitor this season. If he is WDC or 2nd, we will be extremely confident in knowing that he was the best all season long. He appears to have raised his game even higher, to a new level we haven't seen from him before, which is very satisfying for his fans. If you told me back in April that Fernando would be 10 points away with 2 races to go I would have called you a fool.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 pm 

What does a bad day mean anyway? On friday he seemed 100% focused and Alonso rarely loses to Massa, but the fact was that he couldn't get as much out of the car than his teammate did. Simple as that. It shouldn't matter what day it is or isn't. As for Alonso's comments, I believe that he is simply trying to put more pressure on Red Bull, because everyone knows that without making any mistakes, Vettel and Red Bull are the clear favorites to win this championship. Almost everything Alonso does is well calculated. I don't think he needs to hide anything. It's just his mind games if you want to say so.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:17 pm 

mcdo wrote:
chinki wrote:
^^

9 hours to go till Vettel gets crowned and Alonso fans are feverishly working up fantasies

What are you on about? If Vettel wins then Vettel wins. End of.

No matter what the season result is, Alonso fans can be satisfied in knowing their guy has been by far and away the ultimate competitor this season. If he is WDC or 2nd, we will be extremely confident in knowing that he was the best all season long. He appears to have raised his game even higher, to a new level we haven't seen from him before, which is very satisfying for his fans. If you told me back in April that Fernando would be 10 points away with 2 races to go I would have called you a fool.

So you do find merit in a post by a couple of people speculating on how Vettel crashes and how Alonso breezes to 2nd? I was only referring to how their bubble is gonna burst in 9 hours, I just dont understand what your rant has to do with me but I can see signs of frustration and I get a feeling we will have many more of those in 8 hours now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:38 pm 

Alfonso started seventh n finished second last race. So I can't see how u can think its a fantasy when it happend last race. As you keep saying we will see soon !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:18 pm 

Damoclesfall wrote:
Is at least strange the start position gets Alonso. Not only far away from Vettel but behind Massa too.
It's due to a unknow tactic (special setup for race... uhhh) or only a bad driving in qualifying?
This man is know for his strategic mind and just after qualifying made a statement about reduce the gap, but i doubt a bit.
What do you think?

Another factor is that Schumacher is between Alonso and Vettel. We all know who Schmacher would prefer to win, although he has nothing but respect for Alonso he is good mates to Vettel. Schumacher is going to make his car wide for Alonso to pass in the race.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:54 pm 

chinki wrote:
So you do find merit in a post by a couple of people speculating on how Vettel crashes and how Alonso breezes to 2nd? I was only referring to how their bubble is gonna burst in 9 hours, I just dont understand what your rant has to do with me but I can see signs of frustration and I get a feeling we will have many more of those in 8 hours now.

I don't see why you are having a go at fans of Alonso. As if they're the only fans that wish for certain scenarios to play out.
I distinctly remember Vettel fans during the 3-week break were praying for bad luck to fall Alonso's way. Their prayers were answered at Spa when he nearly got his head taken off by a flying Lotus.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm 

Massa`s gearbox change: the plan is running....
mission: impossible!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:54 pm 

One place knocked off already lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 pm 

what a disgrace for sport

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:19 pm 

Denorth wrote:

Ha! Don't read back over F1 history, you might get rather disheartened at how our beautiful pristine sport has infact been tarnished to its very soul since the beginning.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm 

mcdo wrote:
Denorth wrote:

Ha! Don't read back over F1 history, you might get rather disheartened at how our beautiful pristine sport has infact been tarnished to its very soul since the beginning.

despite watching it for more than 20 years and reading about earlier years I am hurt every time when it happens.

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 am 

chinki wrote:
^^

I was close ! And a take third as he was second no fantasy eh !