planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm 

Still, nothing to prevent FIA from changing the equation even now, and other affected teams (FI, Lotus) from protesting. It's not over yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm 

Pathetic Ferrari, desperate Alonso! If this is true FIA should leave Massa spot empty at the start grid, it is obvious the aim behind it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 pm 

As much as I don't like Ferrari doing this I respect the fact that they give the real reason for doing it instead of making excuses.

All you Vettel lovers saying Ferrari are wrong, blah blah blah

Did you all agree that not putting enough fuel in Vettels car at the last race was sporting ? or all the other times they have manipulated the rules for their own gain

If Alonso had to win the championship after this I do not know how anyone could support it, this is shameful it really makes a mockery of the sport. Fact is he will not win it anyway so they are making a mockery of this sport for nothing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:51 pm 

I have always wondered how it is that Fernando doesn't feel a little insecure that his team is always doubting his own abilities enough to blatantly f*ck his teammate constantly to help him. Just once it would be nice to see him say "thanks guys, but have a little faith in me, ive got this".

Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer wrote:
Still, nothing to prevent FIA from changing the equation even now, and other affected teams (FI, Lotus) from protesting. It's not over yet.

what will they protest?

Has there any precedent for a team protesting AGAINST another teams penalty?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

gregwil wrote:
If Alonso had to win the championship after this I do not know how anyone could support it, this is shameful it really makes a mockery of the sport. Fact is he will not win it anyway so they are making a mockery of this sport for nothing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Similar to vettel taking webers front wing off him because he broke his

As I said earlier, it wouldn't shock me if Felipe has made up most/all of the 5 places he's conceded by the first corner. That's assuming being on the clean side is that much better than being on the dirty side.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:52 pm 

Apparently, grid is confirmed with Alonso up to #7

Smart move by Ferrari. I would've done the same. For smoe reason though it makes me ant Vettel to win it even more o.O

Forza Jules!

I hope Hulkenberg swipes Alonso out at turn 1.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 pm 

What a joke. Alonso needs Massas help yet again.....

Johnston wrote:
Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer wrote:

what will they protest?

Has there any precedent for a team protesting AGAINST another teams penalty?

Guess not, grid's confirmed according to PlanetSport's starting grid

In my opinion it's no worse than Red Bulls antics in Abu Dhabi, both teams have broken no rules.

To be honest my biggest problem with what they have done is not trying to get an advantage at Massa's expense (although I think that is incredibly harsh on him too), but that they've been allowed to mess with the grid positions around them for no reason other than Alonso's gain. It's hugely unfair on the drivers who qualified on the clean side and are now being forced over to the dirty.

No, it's not against the rules, but I bet that will change soon. Not unreasonable at all for the teams to have to prove there's a real problem before being allowed to mess with them.

What Red Bull did in Abu Dhabi IS different. Starting from the pitlane is such a big disadvantage that it's not worth it unless you are at the back anyway, which is why teams only do it in those situations (or when they have a genuine problem).

I don't have the highest opinion of RBR as a team but I'd genuinely be surprised if they were cynical enough to counter Ferrari's move.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:54 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
gregwil wrote:

Similar to vettel taking webers front wing off him because he broke his
That isn't even in the same league, not even close. This is can only be compared to crashgate and liargate, anyway doesn't matter he will still loose at least if he didn't do this he could have lost with a little dignity.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 pm 

Also a lot of you are forgetting that RB would have done exactly the same in the same situation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 pm 

beanchimp wrote:

Did you all agree that not putting enough fuel in Vettels car at the last race was sporting ? or all the other times they have manipulated the rules for their own gain

That was a mistake. It would be a stupid thing for them to do because they are always required to provide a fuel sample after qualifying. There is no way to get an advantage by under-fuelling for quali.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 pm 

I would be somewhat happy with the decision Ferrari have made if it wasn't for the fact that Alonso is still in the lowly position of 7th.

#14 for '14

I find this very sad for F1,I was hoping Alonso would win the championship but now I would rather see Vettel win.Guess I should not be surprised they are doing it but still feels very wrong to me.

ashley313 wrote:
I have always wondered how it is that Vettle doesn't feel a little insecure that his team is always doubting his own abilities enough to blatantly f*ck his teammate constantly to help him, and get sister team to jump out of the way. Just once it would be nice to see him say "thanks guys, but have a little faith in me, ive got this".

Fixed that for you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 pm 

beanchimp wrote:
Also a lot of you are forgetting that RB would have done exactly the same in the same situation
Absolute rubbish, the only person who would ever stoop to this level is Alonso.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:59 pm 

How people are even comparing last race to this fiasco? Vettel didn't gain nothing, lost a lot. Alonso might gain in start a lot from clean side. Have to wait what Red Bulls might do. Imagine when Webber takes +5 grid penalty, takes Alonso out in first corner = war in F1. But then again Hamilton, supporter of Alonso might also want to help alonso and takes +5 grid penalty.

Stimpster wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I have always wondered how it is that Alonso doesn't feel a little insecure that his team is always doubting his own abilities enough to blatantly f*ck his teammate constantly to help him, and get sister team to jump out of the way. Just once it would be nice to see him say "thanks guys, but have a little faith in me, ive got this".

Fixed that for you.
Restored back to original and how it should read.

Stimpster wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
I have always wondered how it is that Vettle doesn't feel a little insecure that his team is always doubting his own abilities enough to blatantly f*ck his teammate constantly to help him, and get sister team to jump out of the way. Just once it would be nice to see him say "thanks guys, but have a little faith in me, ive got this".

Fixed that for you.

Hardly. Mark would never stand for the Felipe treatment.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:00 pm 

mkone wrote:
beanchimp wrote:

That was a mistake. It would be a stupid thing for them to do because they are always required to provide a fuel sample after qualifying. There is no way to get an advantage by under-fuelling for quali.

They are always required to have the 1l for testing, they are not always tested so if someone wants to risk it there is always a chance they will get away with it. That was the ironic thing about Sebs he wasn't on the list to be pulled in.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

gregwil wrote:
beanchimp wrote:

Any team with a driver fighting for the championship would do it

It will all be for naught when Webber has one of his famous bad starts, and backs up the whole odd numbered side of the grid except Vettel. :lol:

Last edited by RaggedMan on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gregwil wrote:
beanchimp wrote:

LOL.

So it's no longer Ferrari but just pure and simply Alonso? I hate to break this to you, but Alonso is just an employee of Ferrari, he doesn't run it, he doesn't have that kind of power.

But if that gets in the way of your Alonso bashing feel free to ignore it.

Forza Alonso

ashley313 wrote:
Stimpster wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Fixed that for you.

Hardly. Mark would never stand for the Felipe treatment.

Oh that would be funny to see Webber's reaction. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 pm 

beanchimp wrote:

Strong speculation. You have absolutely no eveidence to suggest that so thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 pm 

I suppose RBR could do the same with Webber - and that would shift Ferraris back onto the dirty side?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 pm 

Johnston wrote:
mkone wrote:
beanchimp wrote:

They are always required to have the 1l for testing, they are not always tested so if someone wants to risk it there is always a chance they will get away with it. That was the ironic thing about Sebs he wasn't on the list to be pulled in.

They were leading the championship, and faster than Alonso at the race. They wouldn't try something so risky unless they were behind, especially after what happened to Hamilton earlier in the season.

I wonder if the Italians or Spaniards have sayings that mean 'hollow victory' ? It appears not.

Stimpster wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Fixed that for you.

Must be the same stuff when Sauber did get call from Luca to get Perez out for messing Alonso win..
Webber hasn't really helped Vettel. Really bad year for Webber because he hasn't really improve his starts or performance. 2nd class driver like Massa. Takes almost everything all because of seat and money.

But this is F1.

Last edited by WJF1 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You know what really makes this even worse is the last time F1 raced in the states they thought it was a joke the way things went on, and now F1 goes back and Alonso manipulates the sport like it is own personal play ground.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm 

Moving Fernando on the wrong side isnt worth moving him up another spot, for RBR.

Last edited by ashley313 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stimpster wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Fixed that for you.

At least spell his name correctly. All you did was make everyone laugh at you.

Why would RBR risk move Alonso even closer to Vettel regardless the dirty side.
I have no problem with this at all. Teams take advantage of rules all the time. Last race I thought RBR will not be allowed to change gear ratios. I was proved wrong. This when there is a mention in rules about specifics about changing ratios.
Now Ferrari has done this when the is nothing in rules. Just like the was nothing in rules about the now illegal parts that Redbull raced this year.

Not to mention now everyone except Grosjean will be starting on the side where they actually qualified on merit. Alonso was 9th. He moved to bad side due to Grosjeans penalty.

If this prompts rule change, good. But as I said before, or would have been stupid of Ferrari not to do this when so much is on the line.

Last edited by funkymonkey on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.