planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:47 pm 

WJF1 wrote:
sultanofhyd some people bet money for results. Now if teams are pretty much allowed to do things like this, i and many other people are getting really angry. Ofc i know that Massa isn't allowed to drive ahead of Alonso but still this will make my other bets really hard to be possible.

You think this is ok, but it's not.

LOL. FiA should look into it because some people have bet money. Thanks for the laugh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm 

ReservoirDog wrote:
WJF1 wrote:
sultanofhyd some people bet money for results. Now if teams are pretty much allowed to do things like this, i and many other people are getting really angry. Ofc i know that Massa isn't allowed to drive ahead of Alonso but still this will make my other bets really hard to be possible.

You think this is ok, but it's not.

LOL. FiA should look into it because some people have bet money. Thanks for the laugh

Init.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm 

WJF1 wrote:
I hope Alonso DNF in first corner, you mess with karma too many times it will hit back hard. Poor Massa, really how many bullets he is taking for the team this year?

I hope that Red Bull won't do same thing to Webber.

Far less than the bullets Ferrari has taken due to his performance. BTW it was 1 bullet this year, thats it ;)
Sucks for him, but he has nothing to complain. He is out of WDC, he is out of contention for anything basically. He has one job, support the team to win WDC. He has been rewarded already for that by having a seat next year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
Quark wrote:
This is why I can never bring myself to like Alonso and Ferrari, even though two of my favorite drivers (Schumi and Kimi) drove for Ferrari. Here's hoping Alonso gets wiped out in Turn 1 and Massa goes on to finish on the podium.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree... Alonso is the only driver on the grid who can demand the other driver move over for him even race 1 of the year

Alonso finished one position Massa in the first few races of 2010, Massa never moved over. Those points cost him the championship.

So why don't you guys cut out the bullshit and realize that Schumacher, Raikkonen, Vettel and Hamilton have gained far more than Alonso due to team orders?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm 

Quote:
I hear via good source that Ferrari will indeed go for the Massa penalty. All they have to do is break the seal, not change 'box

@adamcooperf1

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm 

Did Massa get a penalty, cant see it anywhere in the net. :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm 

There is nothing in F1's rules that prevents a team from changing a car's gearbox for sporting reasons. However, if Ferrari were to make the change, the FIA might look at the situation and decide to retain the current grid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:54 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
There is nothing in F1's rules that prevents a team from changing a car's gearbox for sporting reasons. However, if Ferrari were to make the change, the FIA might look at the situation and decide to retain the current grid.

No such thing is going to happen, the FIA don't have that power.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:55 pm 

lol at least they arent trying to pretend there's a problem with it

I don't love this sort of thing. Been trying to decide how i'd feel if "my" team did it, and I think I'd be a little disappointed. Casts such an ugly shadow on the championship - if this keeps Alo in the hunt, and he wins it, there will allows be a figurative asterisk on the result.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm 

It is done:

Adam Cooper @adamcooperf1
#F1 Had it confirmed: Ferrari broke seal on @Felipe1Massa's gearbox so a penalty should result!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm 

sultanofhyd wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Scarbs says they have the power to put Felipe on the pit lane and NOT shuffle the grid up a spot, if they want to. I havent read the rule, but I trust Scarbs knows his sh*t.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
lol at least they arent trying to pretend there's a problem with it

I don't love this sort of thing. Been trying to decide how i'd feel if "my" team did it, and I think I'd be a little disappointed. Casts such an ugly shadow on the championship - if this keeps Alo in the hunt, and he wins it, there will allows be a figurative asterisk on the result.

All Alonso wins and championships have an asterisk on this forum, don't you realize he is the Antichrist?

But the 2007 and 2008 championships have no asterisk, obviously.

A2jdl wrote:

:thumbup:

ashley313 wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Scarbs says they have the power to put Felipe on the pit lane and NOT shuffle the grid up a spot, if they want to. I havent read the rule, but I trust Scarbs knows his sh*t.

No they can't.

sgt.hartman wrote:
It is done:

#F1 Had it confirmed: Ferrari broke seal on @Felipe1Massa's gearbox so a penalty should result!

Let's wait for Red Bull's response.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:58 pm 

Quote:
Had it confirmed: Ferrari broke seal on @Felipe1Massa's gearbox so a penalty should result!

@adamcooperf1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 pm 

If it's official that the seal on Massa's gearbox was broken, it's hilarious!

Ferrari : "We demand a penalty!!"
Red Bull : "Noooooooo!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:02 pm 

Desperation is so ugly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:04 pm 

they did not even change the gearbox... all they had to do was break the seal and the FIA let them take the penalty. I prefer my Champion contender beat his teammate on track not ask him to take 5 gridder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:04 pm 

Three minutes ago:

Fernando Alonso @alo_oficial
Terminada la reunión estrategia! Ahora a comer algo y preparar últimos detalles Finished strategy meeting! Now lunch and last preparations

LOOOOOOOOOOOL. He and Bernie are the best trolls in F1.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:05 pm 

Its cheating. simple as.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm 

Abe. wrote:
Its cheating. simple as.

Care to corroborate that with a line from the rule book?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm 

ReservoirDog wrote:
sgt.hartman wrote:
It is done:

Let's wait for Red Bull's response.

I think the more important thing is

Let's wait for FIA's response

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:07 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
they did not even change the gearbox... all they had to do was break the seal and the FIA let them take the penalty. I prefer my Champion contender beat his teammate on track not ask him to take 5 gridder

Do you prefer your contender's teammate going in for an unscheduled pitstop to avoid blocking him?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:07 pm 

sultanofhyd wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
Quark wrote:
This is why I can never bring myself to like Alonso and Ferrari, even though two of my favorite drivers (Schumi and Kimi) drove for Ferrari. Here's hoping Alonso gets wiped out in Turn 1 and Massa goes on to finish on the podium.

I agree... Alonso is the only driver on the grid who can demand the other driver move over for him even race 1 of the year

Alonso finished one position Massa in the first few races of 2010, Massa never moved over. Those points cost him the championship.

So why don't you guys cut out the bullshit and realize that Schumacher, Raikkonen, Vettel and Hamilton have gained far more than Alonso due to team orders?

yes to Schumacher. You are lying to yourself to think Vettel, Kimi and Hamilton have. Alonso has had teammates move over for him every year on the grid except Hamilton who would not go for it.

Massa has moved for Alonso several times and today is another one of those. Let me know when Webber moved for Vettel or took a 5 gridder. Ferrari are PATHETIC, I hope Alonso gets punted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 pm 

I so want RB to do the same thing for Webber, that would be hilarious. Whilst I agree Felipe should help Fernando, this isnt in the spirit of the sport- not that there is much spirit left these days unfortunately

Not different from RBR's (loop)holes in Monaco/Canada.

I won't be too surprised if Felipe actually benefits from that given how dirty is the track on the other side.

Hakkattack wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
Quark wrote:

yes to Schumacher. You are lying to yourself to think Vettel, Kimi and Hamilton have. Alonso has had teammates move over for him every year on the grid except Hamilton who would not go for it.

Massa has moved for Alonso several times and today is another one of those. Let me know when Webber moved for Vettel or took a 5 gridder. Ferrari are PATHETIC, I hope Alonso gets punted

2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:09 pm 

sultanofhyd wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:

Do you prefer your contender's teammate going in for an unscheduled pitstop to avoid blocking him?

or telling your team mate dont fight him, .... or hold your position.. or give me your wing...
they all do it.. its a team sport some people seem to forget.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:10 pm 

sgt.hartman wrote:
Abe. wrote:
Its cheating. simple as.

Care to corroborate that with a line from the rule book?

Will see what the official outcome is. But we all know it eh.
Still I hope Alonso has a good race, on merit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:10 pm 

It's not cheating... it is simply pathetic that is all...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:11 pm 

Ferrari will get what they deserve out of this

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:

But less pathetic than what Red Bull have done, even what Ferrari themselves have done with Kimi, right?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm 

I rarely watch the build up to the races, but I'm definitely watching the build up to this one.

Vettel: "We're racing Massa".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 pm 

Ferrari really have a talent for tainting a championship. This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I don't know if Alonso was directly involved in the suggestion, but if he was, why does he feel so entitled that he can't even pass his teammate on track. Ferrari and Alonso cannot bear for another Ferrari driver to beat Alonso.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 pm 

Was removing a car from Parc Ferme to change set up cheating?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:14 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 pm 

sultanofhyd wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
Quark wrote:

2 weeks ago.

Agree that Webber had to move over for Seb, so why not Massa for Alonso? Besides, it is legal now. This however is a unique situation, not wrong on Ferrari's part, but certainly "inventive". I hope Ferrari fans stop criticizing other teams when they make similar "inventive" decisions. This is how it's going to be from now on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm 

I really was prepared to accept Alonso winning the championship instead of Vettel but this just makes them seem like a desperate boxer in the corner of the ring.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm 

It's not Massa moving for Alonso. Is Massa and Alonso get on the clean side. I am 100% sure that they would not do this if both of them were on the clean side of the grid yesterday.