planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Alonso On Hamilton
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm 

Alonso just interviewed by martin brundle on SKy f1 and says he still considers Lewis better than Seb.
"Lewis always extracts the maximum from the car. When the car is good he wins, When he car is not soo good he still wins"

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atzC1B2p ... ure=relmfu

Last edited by Emerson.F on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Alonso On Hamilton
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:37 pm 

Well he's hardly going to say the only team mate to beat him is a bit fairy cakes, is he?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 pm 

Lewis deserves this years title, Mclaren doesnt..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Well he's hardly going to say the only team mate to beat him is a bit fairy cakes, is he?

Or he might just be right. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm 

Alonso is trying every trick to rattle Vettel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 pm 

Desperation part 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 pm 

Fishy wrote:
Desperation part 2

explain..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm 

He said this weeks ago also and we had page after page of self pleasuring fans loving every moment... Here we go again

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:53 pm 

He's not wrong in the context of this season.

Both Alonso and Hamilton have won races this season when their team-mates have struggled to point the car in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm 

RaisinChips wrote:

Seriously. lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm 

If alonso wins this year WDC watch him magically praising vettel. Guess why?!?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm 

Alonso is just complementing another driver and still gets stick? The guy can't win!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm 

Ev0lutionz wrote:
Lewis deserves this years title, Mclaren doesnt..

I never thought of it like that but I totally agree

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm 

mprules wrote:

Vettel hasn't done what Hamilton or Alonso have done this season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm 

GingerFurball wrote:
mprules wrote:

Vettel hasn't done what Hamilton or Alonso have done this season.

Yep, he did a bit better....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm 

I would like to think that Alonso genuinely respects Hamilton - he certainly should, after being his equal as a rookie! - but whilst I don't think there is any animosity between them, Alonso is probably just trying outpsych Seb!

as for the other comments - Hamilton has really done nothing wrong all season and has been shat on by lady luck and Maccas poor reliability and strategy. Same for JB really, but it has to be said that LH has well beaten JB this year (quali wise) and JB has had some slightly better finishes than his real pace deserved? JB has not been as consistent as he could have been - again partly Maccas fault too.

RBR deserved the constructors championship - well done. I just hope next weekend, we can say the same for Vettel - I don;t care who wins so long as its a good race! For my money, I still prefer Alonso to win on simple dogged determination throughout the whole season - but if Vettel wins, so be it - he has had to pull out some good performances to get bajc up there of late.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 pm 

mprules wrote:
Hahaha, nice point but he's actually praising Newey. In a recent interview he stated that he was not only fightning Vettel but also Newey.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 pm 

SilverPower wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Nah Johnston knows more than Alonso :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm 

chinki wrote:
SilverPower wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Lewis is not the only teammate. Jarno Truli as well...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm 

chinki wrote:
SilverPower wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Well if you were a racing driver would you big up or rubbish the only driver too beat you as team mates?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm 

mprules wrote:

He has both beaten Kimi and been beaten by him in title fights. He hardly ever says anything about him. And you're wrong anyway. He won't praise Vettel like he praises Hammo. Its not so much a matter of truth or self elevation, but respect. He likes some drivers and doesn't like others, and his comments reflect that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 pm 

Johnston wrote:
chinki wrote:
SilverPower wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Well if you were a racing driver would you big up or rubbish the only driver too beat you as team mates?

Give it a rest, that was 5 years ago. Fact is Alonso did say it and fact is Alonso knows better than any of us armchair experts on how to rate his peers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm 

chinki wrote:
Johnston wrote:
chinki wrote:
SilverPower wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Give it a rest, that was 5 years ago. Fact is Alonso did say it and fact is Alonso knows better than any of us armchair experts on how to rate his peers.

That didn't answer my question.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 pm 

callMEcrazy wrote:
mprules wrote:

He has both beaten Kimi and been beaten by him in title fights. He hardly ever says anything about him. And you're wrong anyway. He won't praise Vettel like he praises Hammo. Its not so much a matter of truth or self elevation, but respect. He likes some drivers and doesn't like others, and his comments reflect that.

I think this forum takes who Alonso rates a little too seriously, sometimes even myself. Fact is, Vettel has kept his mouth shut and gone about slicing Alonso's lead and making a lead of his own. I personally think, if Alonso is trying to get inside Vettel's head, he's doing it a bit too much and in vain. For some reason, Sebastian isn't going around rating drivers, having achieved as much as Alonso at a much more tender age without bashing his team or jumping ship every third year. Alonso, never heaped praise on Schumacher while he was locking wheels with him, but now he heaps love on him.

I just feel, he'd do a lot better if he kept all these stupid 'mind games' aside and went about doing his job. I mean, I feel proud as a Vettel fan that he doesn't need his team mate to take penalties and move over for him every now and then.

This was the penultimate round. The pressure was on. Had Raikkonen's pit crew not messed it up Alonso could have ended up behind him and it was obvious that Massa absolutely walloped him this weekend when the screws were on.

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 pm 

He's been saying this kind of thing for the past few years. From what I can tell from their comments to the press, Alonso and Hamilton both see each other as the two top drivers in F1 and attribute Vettel's success to the pace of the Red Bull

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm 

j man wrote:
He's been saying this kind of thing for the past few years. From what I can tell from their comments to the press, Alonso and Hamilton both see each other as the two top drivers in F1 and attribute Vettel's success to the pace of the Red Bull

You dont need to guess, Alonso has directly said that it is Newey winning races. Hamilton has also said recently that Alonso deserves the title more than Vettel and has more than once mentioned that the Red Bull pace is unmatched.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm 

Love this bromance.

As it s formed out of two things in my view, being truth and respect.

I honestly do not think there is a motive behind it to discredit Vettel or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 pm 

j man wrote:

but in truth - I think that's correct - in real terms Ham and Alonso are probably the two current best drivers with Vettel right up there a very very close third. The crucial difference is that Vettel hardly has to work for his pace, due to the car - whereas the others do! It's not rocket science and it's not knocking SV - it's just fact. Vettel has had a 'relatively' easy ride to his wdc's - he still had to perform of course - and he has - but the issue is that he has hardly had to screw the car into the ground or eek out every last WDC point. His car has nearly always been on top - and that is one hell of a starting advantage!

and before anyone goes nuts - i'd say the same for anyone with the RBR advantage!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 pm 

Vettel should crack back on Alonso and talk about a true Champion contender should not be out qualied by his teammate then ask him to take a 5 gridder to help him. Alonso did nothing great today. He got moved up 2 grid spots, started from the good side so was easy to pass many people, then got lucky Webber crapped out or he loses 3 more points.

His silly mind games are a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
Vettel should crack back on Alonso and talk about a true Champion contender should not be out qualied by his teammate then ask him to take a 5 gridder to help him. Alonso did nothing great today. He got moved up 2 grid spots, started from the good side so was easy to pass many people, then got lucky Webber crapped out or he loses 3 more points.

I don't disagree - but they had to try something to boost his chances of decent points!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm 

RaisinChips wrote:

To be fair, he was already saying this in the off-season. Maybe he just believes it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 am 

chinki wrote:
j man wrote:

You dont need to guess, Alonso has directly said that it is Newey winning races. Hamilton has also said recently that Alonso deserves the title more than Vettel and has more than once mentioned that the Red Bull pace is unmatched.

This is why it was especially funny when Webbo pointed towards Seb and suggested, "he's the faster one." It is one thing to not like Seb, which i can understand, but to suggest what some here do, and what those two do... it is bonkers. If i was Bernie, i would get them both aside and ask them to win a championship, or shut-up... may be drive elsewhere.

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 am 

I can't wait for Vettel to say his greatest rival is Narain. Alonso has Hamilton. Vettel can have his cucumber.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 am 

chinki wrote:
j man wrote:

I could easily argue the McLaren has been the fastest car over all this year. It breaks down a lot, but it is super fast. Hamilton was on pole many times this year including the last race. I think the RB is fast, but it is equally Vettel pushing it.

I also do not buy the Ferrari being so bad... they were 3rd and 4th today from way back on the grid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am 

mprules wrote:

He did that in the same interview. He didn't actually say Hamilton is better than vettel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 am 

Fishy wrote:
Desperation part 2

Got to be the smartest comment id the day! (not)

Some people!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 am 

Hakkattack wrote:
chinki wrote:
j man wrote:

I could easily argue the McLaren has been the fastest car over all this year. It breaks down a lot, but it is super fast. Hamilton was on pole many times this year including the last race. I think the RB is fast, but it is equally Vettel pushing it.

I also do not buy the Ferrari being so bad... they were 3rd and 4th today from way back on the grid

That would have been all fine and dandy if

a) Massa wasn't 1.3s off Vettel's pole
b) Ferrari were fighting with Lotus for the WCC instead of Alonso fighting with Vettel for the WDC.

Yes, it's not that bad. Compared to Williams, Force India, Sauber, etc. But compared to the cars they are actually fighting, oh yes, they are rather slow. Alonso's been punching way above his weight the whole season, give him some credit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 am 

Hakkattack wrote:

So vettel was never out qualified? Or doesn't benefit from the red bull that never has as many problems as webbers?

Dont forget vettel lucked in when grosjean did a kamikaze on alonso in spa otherwise he would still be in the lead

Quite frankly your a joke tbh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 am 

VDV23 wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
chinki wrote:
j man wrote:

That would have been all fine and dandy if

a) Massa wasn't 1.3s off Vettel's pole
b) Ferrari were fighting with Lotus for the WCC instead of Alonso fighting with Vettel for the WDC.

Yes, it's not that bad. Compared to Williams, Force India, Sauber, etc. But compared to the cars they are actually fighting, oh yes, they are rather slow. Alonso's been punching way above his weight the whole season, give him some credit.

Massa's Q2 time was 0.89 slower than Vettel's Q3. Both Massa and Alonso did not do a good job at Q3 while others went faster than Q2.

Out of 19 races this season Ferrari outscored McLaren in 12 of those races and McLaren in 7.

Even with Massa basically non existing for half a season, Ferrari has 367 points compared to RBR's 440.

Although they lacked a bit in qualy, Ferrari had real good race pace in most of the races.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 am 

I think it's amusing, personally. Surely if Alonso has been racing Newey rather than Vettel then the same is true of Hamilton today. Therefore Newey didn't measure up to Hamilton today. Nothing to do with Vettel.