planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lewis 2 - Jenson 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:45 pm 

Team mate war settled. Congratulations Lewis, awesome race and been awesome right thru the year :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: Lewis 2 - Jenson 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm 

Why bash Jenson? Enjoy Hamilton's win, Button did well today aswell.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:48 pm 

Here we go.

Er why not bash the little smiling assasin

Both drove brilliantly today!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm 

Hamilton won fair and square 2010

Button won fair and square 2011

Truthly Hamilton should of won 2012 many races back, if button beat Hamilton this year we could of never considered it to be fair and square. ( no I don't mean conspiracys, just errors and mechanical failures more on one side of the garage)

Edit: also this is an interesting subject, don't lock it mods

Last edited by Tommay on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm 

Come on guys, where is the bashing except in your thoughts?? I am just congratulating Lewis on sealing the deal and with a superlative drive :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm 

Seanie wrote:
Here we go.

Hahahaha!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:57 pm 

10 pages +

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm 

Tommay wrote:

Truthly Hamilton should of won 2012 many races back, if button beat Hamilton this year we could of never considered it to be fair and square. ( no I don't mean conspiracys, just errors and mechanical failures more on one side of the garage)

To be fair both has had their share of bad "luck". I would say the team is responsible for setting up the car and thus blame them for the 3-4 races JB was nowhere.

Having said that i think both have had equal bad "luck" (and both will regardless of what happends next race) and Hamilton beat him this year fair and square . come the end of the season i would want to know how many points both have scored during the last 3 years, wins, podiums etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Tommay wrote:

To be fair both has had their share of bad "luck". I would say the team is responsible for setting up the car and thus blame them for the 3-4 races JB was nowhere.

Having said that i think both have had equal bad "luck" (and both will regardless of what happends next race) and Hamilton beat him this year fair and square . come the end of the season i would want to know how many points both have scored during the last 3 years, wins, podiums etc.

Again, hahahaha!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Tommay wrote:

Personally I found it hard to say they both had the same amount of luck, this year has been a lot worse from pitstops etc. Setup is both drivers and team fault, but when one side didn't have the problems it more the drivers fault

Sadly I don't think points will work to give a fiat accuracy, the fact is the car has been to un reliable on both sides, but more on Lewis sides (also people crashing into Lewis etc, some of last year was his fault, some wasn't) and this year Hamilton had two cars crash into him, compared to Jensons one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm 

chinki wrote:
Come on guys, where is the bashing except in your thoughts?? I am just congratulating Lewis on sealing the deal and with a superlative drive :thumbup:

Sure you are buddy. x(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:15 pm 

Tommay wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Tommay wrote:

Personally I found it hard to say they both had the same amount of luck, this year has been a lot worse from pitstops etc. Setup is both drivers and team fault, but when one side didn't have the problems it more the drivers fault

Sadly I don't think points will work to give a fiat accuracy, the fact is the car has been to un reliable on both sides, but more on Lewis sides (also people crashing into Lewis etc, some of last year was his fault, some wasn't) and this year Hamilton had two cars crash into him, compared to Jensons one.

The engineer(s) at Jenson's side may have made a mistake on the setup. from my experience drivers don't really say what to exactly do with the setup but more say how the car feels and the engineers decide what to do and that is why i think Jenson's problems were down to the team more than him.

Pitstops and strategy have been bad for both drivers, and reliability ofcourse. Lewis has had more DNFs but Jenson has had his share of them + setups. and that is why i say equal in terms of team errors and reliability.

I don't really wish to count how many points each lost as it is a trivial exercise which no one can get right and i believe if there is such a thing as luck that it evens itself out.

As i said Lewis has one this year fair and square and i can admit he has been the better driver over this year. I still also think the "big 3" is a mistake but more of a top 5: Lewis, Vettel, Alonso, Button and Kimi in no order. all are really good.

I am happy to agree to disagree if you think i am not making any sense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
chinki wrote:

Sure you are buddy. x(

I am just happy a Hamilton fan is jumping and creating threads to prove how better Lewis is than Jenson. shows that these two are very close. I would be the same if Button had beat him over the past 3 years (but wouldn't create a thread as i still think Lewis and Button are very equal and there is no need to speculate who is better)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm 

Come on Chinki..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:19 pm 

Oh dear

I reckon we'll get 7 pages before it gets locked.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:21 pm 

I'd like to know all the points Hamilton has earned from 2010 versus the points Button has.

Fernando Alonso
Pastor Maldonado
Sergio Perez
Michael Schumacher
Lewis Hamilton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:26 pm 

657 to Lewis
647 to Jenson.

10 points in favour to LH.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm 

Moore wrote:
657 to Lewis
647 to Jenson.

Very interesting, I hope Jenson can close on that in Brazil, make them even more equal!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 pm 

Hamilton lost 50 points in Abu Dhabi and Singapore alone. Another 21 in Barca. 10 in Malaysia. 8 in Bahrain. 25 - 12 in Valencia. 25 - 10 in Germany. Unknown in Spa. Korea 25 - 10. Perhaps 25 in Japan. Yes, Button and Hamilton have lost an equal amount of points on things not being their own fault....

Could somebody read this to the analphabet who is Nader.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Moore wrote:
657 to Lewis
647 to Jenson.

Very interesting, I hope Jenson can close on that in Brazil, make them even more equal!

More equal in points. If you want to be blinded by statistics that's your choice i suppose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 pm 

Qwertys wrote:
Hamilton lost 50 points in Abu Dhabi and Singapore alone. Another 21 in Barca. 10 in Malaysia. 8 in Bahrain. 25 - 12 in Valencia. 25 - 10 in Germany. Unknown in Spa. Korea 25 - 10. Perhaps 25 in Japan. Yes, Button and Hamilton have lost an equal amount of points on things not being their own fault....

Same old same old.

How many has JB lost through Misdiagnosed gearbox faults, Faulty throttles and KERS issues?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Qwertys wrote:

Same old same old.

How many has JB lost through Misdiagnosed gearbox faults, Faulty throttles and KERS issues?

It's for you to calculate. I reached about 40 on Jenson.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:40 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Moore wrote:
657 to Lewis
647 to Jenson.

The way Lewis has been driving this season, unless Jenson can get someone to sabotage Lewis car, there is no way eh can close up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:43 pm 

SilverPower wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Moore wrote:
657 to Lewis
647 to Jenson.

The way Lewis has been driving this season, unless Jenson can get someone to sabotage Lewis car, there is no way eh can close up.

We'll just have to wait and see. Who knows what would have happened today or yesterday id not for Jenson's car to break down. I think Jenson has more to him than you think. (i am not saying Lewis is not what you say him to be, i am saying so is Jenson)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:43 pm 

Qwertys wrote:

That's motor racing I'm afraid. You win and loose as a team. Hamilton or Button can't win without McLaren. And McLaren shouldn't loose without them. They're a team.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm 

Nobody can argue with Lewis being by far the superior guy this season (inless your in serious denial)

2013: 12th
2014: 38th

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Tommay wrote:

Funnily enough when Button was nowhere, Hamilton was still sticking the car on the front row and winning races.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 pm 

FormulaFun wrote:
More equal in points. If you want to be blinded by statistics that's your choice i suppose

Guess so,
You believe what you believe and so will I. who knows maybe i am wrong and maybe you are i am willing to accept that.

Moore wrote:
Both drove brilliantly today!

:thumbup:

Tommay wrote:

I am beginning ti think you are wrong

Qwertys wrote:

He never "lost" them. He never had them to begin with.

You can't lose something you never had. :proud:

y

Last edited by F1Thomas on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RunningMan wrote:
Qwertys wrote:

That's motor racing I'm afraid. You win and loose as a team. Hamilton or Button can't win without McLaren. And McLaren shouldn't loose without them. They're a team.

I was just trying to show how much better Hamilton has been this season.

Why can't Lewis fans just enjoy a victory without having a poke at others? JB had a decent race today after suffering with his car - something you'd believe only happens to Lewis the way people go on around here. Oh well suspect they'll be a lot quieter next year when he's fighting hard over 13th place....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:47 pm 

GingerFurball wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Tommay wrote:

Funnily enough when Button was nowhere, Hamilton was still sticking the car on the front row and winning races.

exactly what i am saying. do you really think the gap between them is that big?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:48 pm 

Seanie wrote:
Here we go.

Reminds me of the Big Bang Theory just before Sheldon gives a speech.

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:48 pm 

t

Last edited by F1Thomas on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm 

rivkid wrote:
Why can't Lewis fans just enjoy a victory without having a poke at others? JB had a decent race today after suffering with his car - something you'd believe only happens to Lewis the way people go on around here. Oh well suspect they'll be a lot quieter next year when he's fighting hard over 13th place....

If they stay like this year quali in 6th and drop to 16th there will be meltdowns.

did they both do a 2 stopper?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm 

Seanie wrote:
Qwertys wrote:

He never "lost" them. He never had them to begin with.

You can't lose something you never had. :proud:

Ok, I'll write that down :nod:.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:51 pm 

FormulaFun wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Moore wrote:
657 to Lewis
647 to Jenson.

Hamilton has clearly been the better driver of the two in their three years. But I'm not saying Button is a bad driver by any means. As one article said: "He held his own against Lewis." At least one of them has scored points in every race for their three years together. Hamilton has had a few more retirements than Button though.

Fernando Alonso
Pastor Maldonado
Sergio Perez
Michael Schumacher
Lewis Hamilton