planetf1.com

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 4:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: Race Prediction Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 pm 

Lets have them

Alonso taken out at first corner (not srs) that would be the worst outcome for the race

I think Lewis will get a good start and vetted will jump mark at the start. Hamilton will get a small gap as vettel pressures jensin, however I think tyres will play a major role tomorrow and see Lewis struggling sooner than the others and lose out to both vettel and button at the pit stops. However after the stop Lewis chases Button and overtakes him. Seb then cruises runs away to victory.

Alonsi will be fifth up to the first pit stop and will only manage to get by webber from the pit stops as webber will struggle with tyres

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if someone like hulk stats ahead of alonso and makes the title decider fight non existent

If it rains then I throw that all away

Just hope Lewis can win his final race for McLaren.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 pm 

Alonso up to 5th within a few corners. Webber drops back. McLaren drop the ball with one of their drivers. Winner is one of the McLarens, second Seb, third Alonso.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm 

My predictions for a low variance race

Massa will be a good bit quicker than the RBs and Alonso
RB to struggle with low straight line speed and average race pace
Alonso is about an evens shot to beat Vettel imo but has no chance vs. the Mclarens so won't win WDC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 am 

I think it will be a complete lottery.

How about,

At the start

Hamilton, Button & Webber zoom off

Massa takes out Vettal at turn one and Alonso jumps Hulkenberg.

Then we have the entire race to wonder what will happen as Alonso hunts down the leading three.

What will Webber do?

Oh course this is just me having a laugh.

DP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 am 

If it rains Alonso will be champion, if not he will not have a hope in any of the seven hells.

Nico Hulkenburg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 am 

1st: Hamilton
2nd: Alonso
3rd: Jenson
4th: Vettel

Sad but true. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:55 am 

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Jenson
4. Vettel
5. Kimi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 am 

If the race is dry...
The top three remain in grid order at the start. Massa passes Vettel and Alonso passes Hulkenberg. On the run down to Turn 4, Alonso goes for a do-or-die pass on Vettel, which Seb chooses not to defend. Massa lets Alonso through on the short straight before Ferradura on lap 2.
Vettel sits in sixth place, tucked up comfortably behind Massa but not putting enough pressure on him to pass. He pitsvearly to gain the undercut and moves to 5th place. He tracks Alonso until he suffers alternator failure on lap 25. A few laps later, Hamilton also breaks down. Button wins ahead of Webber and Alonso, meaning Alonso becomes three-time world champion.

If the race is wet...
Button beats Hamilton off the line to lead into turn 1. On lap 3, Webber lets Vettel through into third place. The McLarens struggle in the wet. Vettel passes Hamilton while Alonso gets past Hulkenberg and Massa. On lap 10, Vettel attacks Button for the lead, but gets into a slide, hits Button, and breaks his front wing. Button suffers a puncture and retires when he gets back to the pits. Vettel falls back to P16 after his pit stop, while Webber inherits the lead and Alonso passes Hamilton for second.
Later on, Massa passes Hamilton to take a podium, while Hulkenberg drops back and is passed by Raikkonen and Schumacher. The race ends with a collision between di Resta and Perez that gives Rosberg and Kobayashi the final points positions. Webber wins ahead of Alonso, while Vettel passes Hulkenberg with 3 laps to go to take the 7th place he needs to win the title.