planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

What would you like to happen? (Select upto 2 options )
Dry dry dry 12%  12%  [ 25 ]
Rain in qualifying spicing up the grid. 13%  13%  [ 28 ]
Rain in race from the start to end. 25%  25%  [ 53 ]
Dry start but wet end. 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
Wet start on drying track. 9%  9%  [ 19 ]
Start and stop rain throughout the race. 35%  35%  [ 73 ]
Total votes : 209
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 am 

Has anyone looked at weather reports? All reports predicting almost certain rain and thunderstorms over weekend. Specially on Saturday and Sunday.
Looks like we will get the exciting finale we wanted (Well, unless you are a total fanboy :-P ).
Frankly with back to back weekend, the only chance for Ferrari is weather or reliability / contact for Vettel. But I would be fine if we are treated to action packed race regardless the end result.
As a Ferrari fan, I was mentally prepared for championship to end yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 am 

Here's what will happen:

Quali is wet. Alonso takes a superb pole, while Vettel has alternator problems in Q3 and starts from P10.

The start of the race is just as wet. Alonso pulls away from Hamilton and the rest at the front, while Vettel struggles to make his way through the pack in the slippery conditions to the required P4. He's up to P5 and hunting down Button for the place that will secure the title. They're coming up to lap Karthikeyan, oh and he's hit the back of him! Vettel's into the wall and DNF!

Alonso looks to have the championship in the bag. He's miles ahead. What a true champion!

Then, all of a sudden, the rain intensifies. It's far too wet and the safety car has to be called upon. The weather intensifies some more, and now drivers can't even keep their cars in a straight line behind the safety car! The organisers have no choice but to bring out the red flags!

It's a long wait for the drivers. But it looks as though this torrential rain has settled in. It's beginning to get dark as well, not at all conditions suited to racing F1 cars. That's it, the result is declared. Half points will be awarded, with Alonso picking up 12.5 for the win.

Final championship standings:
Alonso 272.5
Vettel 273

Vettel is triple world champion

:D

Last edited by nate on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 am 

I voted for start and stop rain throughout race. I want multiple pit stops, safety cars, a fan man incident and a streaker!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 am 

Chances of rain are very high.

1. Formula 1 website prediction is for cloudy (friday), storm (saturday) and rain (sunday)

2. Accuweather website predicts exactly the same as above.

3. Weatherunderground also predicts the same.

4. The weather channel also predicts the same.

5. BBC also the same.

Looks like rain on the cards.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 am 

I want (need) absolute rain!

The heavens need to open in a big way. The Ferrari has proven to be a great car in the wet, Red Bull has been hit and miss & McLaren are nowhere if it's heavy rain. Fingers crossed.

If Ferrari don't win the race with wet weather on their side then they simply don't deserve the title.

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 am 

priestlysabbath wrote:
Chances of rain are very high.

1. Formula 1 website prediction is for cloudy (friday), storm (saturday) and rain (sunday)

2. Accuweather website predicts exactly the same as above.

3. Weatherunderground also predicts the same.

4. The weather channel also predicts the same.

5. BBC also the same.

Looks like rain on the cards.

er looks like (taking in consideration the past rain predictions before a race) it will be be a bone dry race.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 pm 

nate wrote:
Here's what will happen:

Quali is wet. Alonso takes a superb pole, while Vettel has alternator problems in Q3 and starts from P10.

The start of the race is just as wet. Alonso pulls away from Hamilton and the rest at the front, while Vettel struggles to make his way through the pack in the slippery conditions to the required P4. He's up to P5 and hunting down Button for the place that will secure the title. They're coming up to lap Karthikeyan, oh and he's hit the back of him! Vettel's into the wall and DNF!

Alonso looks to have the championship in the bag. He's miles ahead. What a true champion!

Then, all of a sudden, the rain intensifies. It's far too wet and the safety car has to be called upon. The weather intensifies some more, and now drivers can't even keep their cars in a straight line behind the safety car! The organisers have no choice but to bring out the red flags!

It's a long wait for the drivers. But it looks as though this torrential rain has settled in. It's beginning to get dark as well, not at all conditions suited to racing F1 cars. That's it, the result is declared. Half points will be awarded, with Alonso picking up 12.5 for the win.

Alonso 272.5
Vettel 273

Bloody hell nate, not sure my nerves can take tuning in next weekend now!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm 

G1n wrote:

er looks like (taking in consideration the past rain predictions before a race) it will be be a bone dry race.

:nod:

2014 Championship finish: 39th
2015 Championship finish: 28th

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 pm 

nate wrote:
Here's what will happen:

Alonso 272.5
Vettel 273

Then Vettel gets 1 point decucted for having a durex for a nosecone....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 pm 

I'd quite like Vettel to crash out, the Ferraris to be running 1st and 2nd, then Fernando to get a message across the radio - that Felipe is faster than him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm 

GingerFurball wrote:
I'd quite like Vettel to crash out, the Ferraris to be running 1st and 2nd, then Fernando to get a message across the radio - that Felipe is faster than him.

If Vettel crashes out and Ferrari are somehow miraculously 1 - 2. Massa will be given a win. I have no doubts about it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 pm 

People are forgetting how good Vettel is in the rain. And how good Red Bull tend to be at Sao Paulo.

Having said that, if it's dry I think this will be a McLaren track, they dominated the high speed stuff in Austin and again we have the two harder compounds which suit that team.

From looking at the weather I think it's not clear if the rain will arrive in time for quali on Saturday, but Sunday is looking very wet at this stage.

Alonso's best hope is not the rain IMO, but a reliability issue for Vettel - Brazil can be hard on the car, particularly gearboxes and engines. And Red Bull will run the new spec alternator, which is an unknown for them.

I think Fernando's odds are in the 20% range of getting the championship. In old school points he is only 5-6 behind and anything can happen at Brazil.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm 

I've made this my selection for the Pick 10 competition

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Massa
4. Webber
5. Vettel

Alonso wins, Massa gets podium in Brazil and Vettel is denied by an uncooperative Webber.
Harsh to Vettel for sure.. but what a party that would be.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm 

I voted for start and stop rain.
Pit Chaos, mistakes, close battles, crashes and an epic fight for the championship.

It would the most spectacular ending for the 2012 season.

And we need that kind of race beacause we're going to have months of nothing (in F1 terms) :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm 

Good rain probability both saturday and sunday

http://www.windguru.cz/es/index.php?sc=298838

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm 

Things can´t get more interesting than that, by now, forecast has changed to light rain on saturday quali and heavy rain on sunday all day long, according to the windguru which has proven to be good enough for me in the past, can´t wait!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm 

funkymonkey wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:

If Vettel crashes out and Ferrari are somehow miraculously 1 - 2. Massa will be given a win. I have no doubts about it.

That would be the dream Ferrari result, 1-2, Alonso wins WDC, Massa wins once again in front of his home crowd. Won't happen though.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm 

I don't think it will rain in Brazil this weekend as we are using the worlds allocation of rain here in the UK! :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 pm 

I would just like a full wet race from start to end.

Show some fresh driving skill, would be lots of fun!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 pm 

Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:14 pm 

http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo-america/San+Paolo?c=31649

42.8 mm of rain in the night before the race.
Circuit will be soaked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm 

94 and dry friday = RBR alternator failure(s), changeable conditions for qual = Ferrari(s) on the front row, Soaking wet track for race = everybody is f*cked. Sigh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm 

Ad1210 wrote:
Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.

I think the race pace in Austin proved that is mearly a pipe dream I'm afraid. I can't believe how fast Schuey fell down the field, he went from 4th at the first corner to 16th in a handful of laps. It was like a nightmare.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 pm 

Do we have any local people from Brazil on the forum. What is the amount of rain and how does or how has it been falling there.

I have 3 examples with the years
Would it be 96 type of rain. Or 01/02 kind of rain. the 03 rain. Steady but the rain gully at the bottom of the senna s. Or 08 rain.

96 rain will prob be a abandonment in todays f1. Same situation for 03 rain with that damm rain gully. (if that has been fixed now)
01/02 (what year was it when dc won) will race as a wet race.
08 rain. Prob start stop red flags all day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:

I think the race pace in Austin proved that is mearly a pipe dream I'm afraid. I can't believe how fast Schuey fell down the field, he went from 4th at the first corner to 16th in a handful of laps. It was like a nightmare.

It was the Coanda I think. Still needs a lot of work. If they want any kind of result from the last race they have to ditch it until next season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:13 pm 

Changing conditions all weekend. Wet start with dry spells and occasional downpours throughout the race please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:

It was the Coanda I think. Still needs a lot of work. If they want any kind of result from the last race they have to ditch it until next season.

Rosberg ditched it before Quali. It got him nowhere. The car is fundamentally flawed. Brazil is a write off regardless of what they leave on or take off the car. They'll just be going through the motions of it being a season finale, they won't be expecting any kind of result even though it is Schuey's final race sadly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:

Rosberg ditched it before Quali. It got him nowhere. The car is fundamentally flawed. Brazil is a write off regardless of what they leave on or take off the car. They'll just be going through the motions of it being a season finale, they won't be expecting any kind of result even though it is Schuey's final race sadly.

They are still pushing. No need to have called Brendon Hartley into the factory to try some things on the sim over night last friday if they were just going through the motions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:

They are still pushing. No need to have called Brendon Hartley into the factory to try some things on the sim over night last friday if they were just going through the motions.

Obviously did nothing for performance then. They haven't scored a point since Singapore. The chances of them doing well in Brazil are fairly slim barring the rain of course.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm 

Doesn't mean they aren't trying.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Doesn't mean they aren't trying.

I can't seem them going all out for Brazil when they will have already switched focus to 2013. They may even try out 2013 parts on the cars in Brazil and use it as a test session. Just because they stuck a test driver in a sim doesn't mean they haven't virtually written off the rest of 2012, I mean Hartley isn't exactly an experienced driver.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm 

They are just 12 points ahead of Sauber.

You can bet your hats that they are trying

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm 

This is going to be epic...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm 

looks like qualy will be hot and dry which is good for RB. Looks like race will be cold and wet so better to be up front. I could see them do a safety car start as the water really sits on the track here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:06 pm 

I just hope it's not a thunderstorm as the race will be delayed and once it hits the 4 hour mark, we have the same world champion. Hopefully it starts dry and rains enough to make the track damp rather than soaking wet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:36 pm 

I will only believe it will be wet when I see actual water on the track. Almost every race we are forecast rain and were lucky to get more than 2 wet races a year!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
looks like qualy will be hot and dry which is good for RB. Looks like race will be cold and wet so better to be up front. I could see them do a safety car start as the water really sits on the track here.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/br/sao-pa ... ther/45881

Saturday is going to be very very wet. There's 17 hours of rain due. Another 15 on Sunday so there is a massively high chances of rain during Grand Prix hours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm 

I wouldn't expect the Ferrari to be strong in the wet now as it was early in the year. Early in the year it was best at heating up its tyres and hence it was the best in the wet. The current spec of the car is slower than the Red Bull and Mclaren in heating its tyres.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 pm 

The God of Renault alternators failling on both RedBulls...wet quali+dry start and a podium with Massa first,Alonso second , a McLaren on 3rd place...everybody is happy :lol: 8) (except Vettel's fans)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 pm 

GeonyWalker wrote:
The God of Renault alternators failling on both RedBulls...wet quali+dry start and a podium with Massa first,Alonso second , a McLaren on 3rd place...everybody is happy :lol: 8) (except Vettel's fans)

Red Bull are getting Renault's new and so far reliable alternators for Brazil so they should be fine.