planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic

What would you like to happen? (Select upto 2 options )
Dry dry dry 12%  12%  [ 25 ]
Rain in qualifying spicing up the grid. 13%  13%  [ 28 ]
Rain in race from the start to end. 25%  25%  [ 53 ]
Dry start but wet end. 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
Wet start on drying track. 9%  9%  [ 19 ]
Start and stop rain throughout the race. 35%  35%  [ 73 ]
Total votes : 209
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 1857
Has anyone looked at weather reports? All reports predicting almost certain rain and thunderstorms over weekend. Specially on Saturday and Sunday.
Looks like we will get the exciting finale we wanted (Well, unless you are a total fanboy :-P ).
Frankly with back to back weekend, the only chance for Ferrari is weather or reliability / contact for Vettel. But I would be fine if we are treated to action packed race regardless the end result.
As a Ferrari fan, I was mentally prepared for championship to end yesterday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 am
Posts: 95
Here's what will happen:

Quali is wet. Alonso takes a superb pole, while Vettel has alternator problems in Q3 and starts from P10.

The start of the race is just as wet. Alonso pulls away from Hamilton and the rest at the front, while Vettel struggles to make his way through the pack in the slippery conditions to the required P4. He's up to P5 and hunting down Button for the place that will secure the title. They're coming up to lap Karthikeyan, oh and he's hit the back of him! Vettel's into the wall and DNF!

Alonso looks to have the championship in the bag. He's miles ahead. What a true champion!

Then, all of a sudden, the rain intensifies. It's far too wet and the safety car has to be called upon. The weather intensifies some more, and now drivers can't even keep their cars in a straight line behind the safety car! The organisers have no choice but to bring out the red flags!

It's a long wait for the drivers. But it looks as though this torrential rain has settled in. It's beginning to get dark as well, not at all conditions suited to racing F1 cars. That's it, the result is declared. Half points will be awarded, with Alonso picking up 12.5 for the win.

Final championship standings:
Alonso 272.5
Vettel 273

Vettel is triple world champion

:D


Last edited by nate on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1338
Location: London
I voted for start and stop rain throughout race. I want multiple pit stops, safety cars, a fan man incident and a streaker!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm
Posts: 259
Chances of rain are very high.

1. Formula 1 website prediction is for cloudy (friday), storm (saturday) and rain (sunday)

2. Accuweather website predicts exactly the same as above.

3. Weatherunderground also predicts the same.

4. The weather channel also predicts the same.

5. BBC also the same.

Looks like rain on the cards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9898
Location: Travelling around the world
I want (need) absolute rain!

The heavens need to open in a big way. The Ferrari has proven to be a great car in the wet, Red Bull has been hit and miss & McLaren are nowhere if it's heavy rain. Fingers crossed.

If Ferrari don't win the race with wet weather on their side then they simply don't deserve the title.

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 pm
Posts: 225
priestlysabbath wrote:
Chances of rain are very high.

1. Formula 1 website prediction is for cloudy (friday), storm (saturday) and rain (sunday)

2. Accuweather website predicts exactly the same as above.

3. Weatherunderground also predicts the same.

4. The weather channel also predicts the same.

5. BBC also the same.

Looks like rain on the cards.


er looks like (taking in consideration the past rain predictions before a race) it will be be a bone dry race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 2303
nate wrote:
Here's what will happen:

Quali is wet. Alonso takes a superb pole, while Vettel has alternator problems in Q3 and starts from P10.

The start of the race is just as wet. Alonso pulls away from Hamilton and the rest at the front, while Vettel struggles to make his way through the pack in the slippery conditions to the required P4. He's up to P5 and hunting down Button for the place that will secure the title. They're coming up to lap Karthikeyan, oh and he's hit the back of him! Vettel's into the wall and DNF!

Alonso looks to have the championship in the bag. He's miles ahead. What a true champion!

Then, all of a sudden, the rain intensifies. It's far too wet and the safety car has to be called upon. The weather intensifies some more, and now drivers can't even keep their cars in a straight line behind the safety car! The organisers have no choice but to bring out the red flags!

It's a long wait for the drivers. But it looks as though this torrential rain has settled in. It's beginning to get dark as well, not at all conditions suited to racing F1 cars. That's it, the result is declared. Half points will be awarded, with Alonso picking up 12.5 for the win.

Final championship standings:
Alonso 272.5
Vettel 273

Vettel is triple world champion

:D


Bloody hell nate, not sure my nerves can take tuning in next weekend now!

_________________
"Jean Alesi is using the Maginot Line policy-You shall not pass!"-Murray Walker


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:38 pm
Posts: 219
Location: Madrid
G1n wrote:

er looks like (taking in consideration the past rain predictions before a race) it will be be a bone dry race.

:nod:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2012 Championship finish: 6th place
2013 Championship finish: 48th
2014 Championship finish: 39th
2015 Championship finish: 28th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 am
Posts: 152
nate wrote:
Here's what will happen:

Quali is wet. Alonso takes a superb pole, while Vettel has alternator problems in Q3 and starts from P10.

The start of the race is just as wet. Alonso pulls away from Hamilton and the rest at the front, while Vettel struggles to make his way through the pack in the slippery conditions to the required P4. He's up to P5 and hunting down Button for the place that will secure the title. They're coming up to lap Karthikeyan, oh and he's hit the back of him! Vettel's into the wall and DNF!

Alonso looks to have the championship in the bag. He's miles ahead. What a true champion!

Then, all of a sudden, the rain intensifies. It's far too wet and the safety car has to be called upon. The weather intensifies some more, and now drivers can't even keep their cars in a straight line behind the safety car! The organisers have no choice but to bring out the red flags!

It's a long wait for the drivers. But it looks as though this torrential rain has settled in. It's beginning to get dark as well, not at all conditions suited to racing F1 cars. That's it, the result is declared. Half points will be awarded, with Alonso picking up 12.5 for the win.

Final championship standings:
Alonso 272.5
Vettel 273

Vettel is triple world champion

:D



Then Vettel gets 1 point decucted for having a durex for a nosecone....

_________________
Jenson, Just watch your supply of hot weather hats! O'k. Good on ya.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 1804
I'd quite like Vettel to crash out, the Ferraris to be running 1st and 2nd, then Fernando to get a message across the radio - that Felipe is faster than him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 1857
GingerFurball wrote:
I'd quite like Vettel to crash out, the Ferraris to be running 1st and 2nd, then Fernando to get a message across the radio - that Felipe is faster than him.

If Vettel crashes out and Ferrari are somehow miraculously 1 - 2. Massa will be given a win. I have no doubts about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 8:52 am
Posts: 471
People are forgetting how good Vettel is in the rain. And how good Red Bull tend to be at Sao Paulo.

Having said that, if it's dry I think this will be a McLaren track, they dominated the high speed stuff in Austin and again we have the two harder compounds which suit that team.

From looking at the weather I think it's not clear if the rain will arrive in time for quali on Saturday, but Sunday is looking very wet at this stage.

Alonso's best hope is not the rain IMO, but a reliability issue for Vettel - Brazil can be hard on the car, particularly gearboxes and engines. And Red Bull will run the new spec alternator, which is an unknown for them.

I think Fernando's odds are in the 20% range of getting the championship. In old school points he is only 5-6 behind and anything can happen at Brazil.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 1252
I've made this my selection for the Pick 10 competition

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Massa
4. Webber
5. Vettel

Alonso wins, Massa gets podium in Brazil and Vettel is denied by an uncooperative Webber.
Harsh to Vettel for sure.. but what a party that would be.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Imola
I voted for start and stop rain.
Pit Chaos, mistakes, close battles, crashes and an epic fight for the championship.

It would the most spectacular ending for the 2012 season.

And we need that kind of race beacause we're going to have months of nothing (in F1 terms) :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:08 am
Posts: 515
Good rain probability both saturday and sunday

http://www.windguru.cz/es/index.php?sc=298838


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:08 am
Posts: 515
Things can´t get more interesting than that, by now, forecast has changed to light rain on saturday quali and heavy rain on sunday all day long, according to the windguru which has proven to be good enough for me in the past, can´t wait!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
funkymonkey wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:
I'd quite like Vettel to crash out, the Ferraris to be running 1st and 2nd, then Fernando to get a message across the radio - that Felipe is faster than him.

If Vettel crashes out and Ferrari are somehow miraculously 1 - 2. Massa will be given a win. I have no doubts about it.

That would be the dream Ferrari result, 1-2, Alonso wins WDC, Massa wins once again in front of his home crowd. Won't happen though.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 27
Location: Oxfordshire
I don't think it will rain in Brazil this weekend as we are using the worlds allocation of rain here in the UK! :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:31 am
Posts: 1572
I would just like a full wet race from start to end.

Show some fresh driving skill, would be lots of fun!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 am
Posts: 49
Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Imola
http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo-america/San+Paolo?c=31649

42.8 mm of rain in the night before the race.
Circuit will be soaked.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
94 and dry friday = RBR alternator failure(s), changeable conditions for qual = Ferrari(s) on the front row, Soaking wet track for race = everybody is f*cked. Sigh.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
Ad1210 wrote:
Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.

I think the race pace in Austin proved that is mearly a pipe dream I'm afraid. I can't believe how fast Schuey fell down the field, he went from 4th at the first corner to 16th in a handful of laps. It was like a nightmare.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 1455
Do we have any local people from Brazil on the forum. What is the amount of rain and how does or how has it been falling there.

I have 3 examples with the years
Would it be 96 type of rain. Or 01/02 kind of rain. the 03 rain. Steady but the rain gully at the bottom of the senna s. Or 08 rain.

96 rain will prob be a abandonment in todays f1. Same situation for 03 rain with that damm rain gully. (if that has been fixed now)
01/02 (what year was it when dc won) will race as a wet race.
08 rain. Prob start stop red flags all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:
Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.

I think the race pace in Austin proved that is mearly a pipe dream I'm afraid. I can't believe how fast Schuey fell down the field, he went from 4th at the first corner to 16th in a handful of laps. It was like a nightmare.


It was the Coanda I think. Still needs a lot of work. If they want any kind of result from the last race they have to ditch it until next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2859
Changing conditions all weekend. Wet start with dry spells and occasional downpours throughout the race please.

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:
Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.

I think the race pace in Austin proved that is mearly a pipe dream I'm afraid. I can't believe how fast Schuey fell down the field, he went from 4th at the first corner to 16th in a handful of laps. It was like a nightmare.


It was the Coanda I think. Still needs a lot of work. If they want any kind of result from the last race they have to ditch it until next season.

Rosberg ditched it before Quali. It got him nowhere. The car is fundamentally flawed. Brazil is a write off regardless of what they leave on or take off the car. They'll just be going through the motions of it being a season finale, they won't be expecting any kind of result even though it is Schuey's final race sadly.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:
Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.

I think the race pace in Austin proved that is mearly a pipe dream I'm afraid. I can't believe how fast Schuey fell down the field, he went from 4th at the first corner to 16th in a handful of laps. It was like a nightmare.


It was the Coanda I think. Still needs a lot of work. If they want any kind of result from the last race they have to ditch it until next season.

Rosberg ditched it before Quali. It got him nowhere. The car is fundamentally flawed. Brazil is a write off regardless of what they leave on or take off the car. They'll just be going through the motions of it being a season finale, they won't be expecting any kind of result even though it is Schuey's final race sadly.

They are still pushing. No need to have called Brendon Hartley into the factory to try some things on the sim over night last friday if they were just going through the motions.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
ashley313 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Ad1210 wrote:
Pah, forget the championship. I dreamt of a Schumacher fairytail finish, having saved up all his luck for the season for his final race.

I think the race pace in Austin proved that is mearly a pipe dream I'm afraid. I can't believe how fast Schuey fell down the field, he went from 4th at the first corner to 16th in a handful of laps. It was like a nightmare.


It was the Coanda I think. Still needs a lot of work. If they want any kind of result from the last race they have to ditch it until next season.

Rosberg ditched it before Quali. It got him nowhere. The car is fundamentally flawed. Brazil is a write off regardless of what they leave on or take off the car. They'll just be going through the motions of it being a season finale, they won't be expecting any kind of result even though it is Schuey's final race sadly.

They are still pushing. No need to have called Brendon Hartley into the factory to try some things on the sim over night last friday if they were just going through the motions.

Obviously did nothing for performance then. They haven't scored a point since Singapore. The chances of them doing well in Brazil are fairly slim barring the rain of course.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Doesn't mean they aren't trying.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
ashley313 wrote:
Doesn't mean they aren't trying.

I can't seem them going all out for Brazil when they will have already switched focus to 2013. They may even try out 2013 parts on the cars in Brazil and use it as a test session. Just because they stuck a test driver in a sim doesn't mean they haven't virtually written off the rest of 2012, I mean Hartley isn't exactly an experienced driver.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6446
They are just 12 points ahead of Sauber.

You can bet your hats that they are trying


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:57 am
Posts: 1010
This is going to be epic...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio
looks like qualy will be hot and dry which is good for RB. Looks like race will be cold and wet so better to be up front. I could see them do a safety car start as the water really sits on the track here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:06 pm
Posts: 863
I just hope it's not a thunderstorm as the race will be delayed and once it hits the 4 hour mark, we have the same world champion. Hopefully it starts dry and rains enough to make the track damp rather than soaking wet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 14191
I will only believe it will be wet when I see actual water on the track. Almost every race we are forecast rain and were lucky to get more than 2 wet races a year!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
Hakkattack wrote:
looks like qualy will be hot and dry which is good for RB. Looks like race will be cold and wet so better to be up front. I could see them do a safety car start as the water really sits on the track here.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/br/sao-pa ... ther/45881

Saturday is going to be very very wet. There's 17 hours of rain due. Another 15 on Sunday so there is a massively high chances of rain during Grand Prix hours.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:26 am
Posts: 362
I wouldn't expect the Ferrari to be strong in the wet now as it was early in the year. Early in the year it was best at heating up its tyres and hence it was the best in the wet. The current spec of the car is slower than the Red Bull and Mclaren in heating its tyres.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:13 pm
Posts: 436
The God of Renault alternators failling on both RedBulls...wet quali+dry start and a podium with Massa first,Alonso second , a McLaren on 3rd place...everybody is happy :lol: 8) (except Vettel's fans)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
GeonyWalker wrote:
The God of Renault alternators failling on both RedBulls...wet quali+dry start and a podium with Massa first,Alonso second , a McLaren on 3rd place...everybody is happy :lol: 8) (except Vettel's fans)

Red Bull are getting Renault's new and so far reliable alternators for Brazil so they should be fine.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group