planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 pm 

Quote:
Force India has been given a boost ahead of the 2013 season with the news of the approval of a £50 million investment programme.

Team boss Vijay Mallya said the squad's board met in India after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and approved the programme, which will mean Force India will invest heavily in new technology to boost the design team for the coming seasons.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104447

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:26 pm 

sultanofhyd wrote:
Quote:
Force India has been given a boost ahead of the 2013 season with the news of the approval of a £50 million investment programme.

Team boss Vijay Mallya said the squad's board met in India after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and approved the programme, which will mean Force India will invest heavily in new technology to boost the design team for the coming seasons.

I never had a doubt that Force India might have financial issues. The team is quite secure & the £50 million investment is a proof of this.

Hoping Force India return stronger in 2013. The investment amount is good for a midfield team.

Mr Mallya has also stated that he is thinking about getting Adrian Sutil back to replace Hulkenberg. He doesn't feel that some one on the current grid or from GP2 is good enough, so he did mention Sutil's name for a possible replacement.

Don't forget, Force India has some gratitude to pay to Sutil as he stayed with the team for 4 years & helped the team grow. They had to evict him this year due to his court case but am sure they didn't want to.

He could be back. Force India are tipped to make an announcement this weekend.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:45 pm 

Would be good to see FI start next year with the kind of performance they've had for the second half of this season. That slow start this year cost them a place in the WCC points. I actually hope Adrian DOESN'T come back with them - would rather see Alguersuari, Buemi, or even Bianchi, driving with Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:55 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Would be good to see FI start next year with the kind of performance they've had for the second half of this season. That slow start this year cost them a place in the WCC points. I actually hope Adrian DOESN'T come back with them - would rather see Alguersuari, Buemi, or even Bianchi, driving with Paul.

Force India always have started slow & ended good whereas Sauber always start good & end worse! Force India need to be strong through out if they wish to grow & walk on the same path as Red Bull did.

The reason why I highlighted Sutil's name in my post is because Mr. Mallya didn't specify any other driver's name other than Sutil's.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:00 pm 

I wonder if Hulkenberg knew about this 'announcement' before he signed for Sauber?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:35 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Force India are tipped to make an announcement this weekend.

Dont bank on it. Weren't FI one of the last teams to announce their driver lineup last year?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:59 pm 

RickM wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Force India are tipped to make an announcement this weekend.

Dont bank on it. Weren't FI one of the last teams to announce their driver lineup last year?

That's right. By making a decision so late, it hampers the negotiations that the drivers must be having elsewhere.

Other than Force India confirming their lineup, Sauber has to announce the 2nd driver, Williams both of their drivers & Lotus for the 2nd driver.

Most of them have probable choices, but till te decision is not on paper, many would be anxious. Not to mention Grosjean.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 am 

sultanofhyd wrote:
Quote:

Anyway, it has come in the daily newspaper that Etihad Airways is going to buy a 48% stake in Kingfisher Airlines, which will surely help Vijay Mallya get out of financial crisis. This is more reassuring for those who thought that the ill fortune of Kingfisher Airlines would surround the fate of the Force India team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:52 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
Quote:

I never had a doubt that Force India might have financial issues. The team is quite secure & the £50 million investment is a proof of this.

Hoping Force India return stronger in 2013. The investment amount is good for a midfield team.

Mr Mallya has also stated that he is thinking about getting Adrian Sutil back to replace Hulkenberg. He doesn't feel that some one on the current grid or from GP2 is good enough, so he did mention Sutil's name for a possible replacement.

Don't forget, Force India has some gratitude to pay to Sutil as he stayed with the team for 4 years & helped the team grow. They had to evict him this year due to his court case but am sure they didn't want to.

I think FI could save a considerable amount of money outsourcing some work to India, like most companies do. The engineering talent from India is staggering, as we are finding out everyday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:20 am 

Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
Quote:

I think FI could save a considerable amount of money outsourcing some work to India, like most companies do. The engineering talent from India is staggering, as we are finding out everyday.

This engineering you speak of, Is it the same kind as in F1 ?
I always thought Engineers in F1 had to be a certain kind of people, People Passionate about Formula 1..If they were to be successful anyways...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:27 am 

Would be interesting to see how much of that money translates FI to a good performing car with podium finishes 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:31 am 

aryaputhra wrote:
Would be interesting to see how much of that money translates FI to a good performing car with podium finishes 8)

Force India has already a good financial backing from Sahara. People thought that just because Kingfisher Airlines are in trouble, Force India might not be on 2013 grid. Now that Etihad is buying a huge stake in his airlines, losses will be minimised & perceptions about Force India's future will change.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:01 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
aryaputhra wrote:

Force India has already a good financial backing from Sahara. People thought that just because Kingfisher Airlines are in trouble, Force India might not be on 2013 grid. Now that Etihad is buying a huge stake in his airlines, losses will be minimised & perceptions about Force India's future will change.

No, I think their Debt will be minimised losses/profit will be decided by business. As I understand it Airlines in India have ridiculous taxes and with rising fuel costs their margins will remain the same as before hence they will continue operating at a loss. The only way Kingfisher will make money even after the buyout will be if they change their Premier Airline business model(lower tariff=more volume) and if the tax situation changes to allow for higher margins in the Indian Aviation Industry.
Back on topic then Mallya will find money for his hobbies as he usually does regardless of how his companies fare.
On a Personal note, I really like this team and hope they will be as competitive as they have been in recent years in the mid-field and someday move up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 am 

Maky wrote:
Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:

I ... weekend.

This engineering you speak of, Is it the same kind as in F1 ?
I always thought Engineers in F1 had to be a certain kind of people, People Passionate about Formula 1..If they were to be successful anyways...

Silicon Valley to John Deere, it's hard to find an engineering role that isn't occupied by Indians. No reason why they couldn't apply themselves to F1.