planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:57 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
Watching the 2001 season (as a whole) again during the offseason, it's been so long that I can't remember the race outcomes. Kimi made his debut in Australia. Waiting for Bottas in march!

In the Meanwhile!
Let's hear some realistic expectations from us forumers. How many points would you WANT Bottas to get Vs. How many do you think he will get.
Be Realistic!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:25 am
Posts: 192
Im predicting bottas to boreus ...! Mark my words williams will miss brunos consustency next year ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
I think he will be good on days but very bad on others i don't think there will be much in between a bit like rogro, he proved he was fast in practise but in fairness so did Bruno senna it was the one lap pace he couldn't get. Based on him not racing higher than gp3 and even then being quite a mature driver for that formula i expect a few on track or first lap incidents, but i think on his day he will be good. I do agree that they could miss consistent points next year unless Maldonado has banished his red mist demons.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5742
I'll make a bold prediction and say he'll gather more points than Maldonado next season. Maldonado will probably out-qualify him in the first half of the season but Bottas will have better consistency and racecraft!

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
I would LIKE to see Bottas get on the podium, ecstatic if he won a race ( maldo pulled it off last year..theres hope... :D )
Realistically I think it will be tight between Maldo & Bottas, with Bottas keeping his nose clean proving to be the difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Tampere, F1nland
Muzzyf1 wrote:
Im predicting bottas to boreus ...! Mark my words williams will miss brunos consustency next year ...


Marked! But I think Bottas will prove you wrong.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Posts: 468
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
Without going overboard either way, Bottas sounds interesting with his achievements thus far but it remains to be seen how he performs in the Big League. It would be good for Williams if he succeeded.

He does not sound like a Finn though, without an "nen" at the end of his name! :D

_________________
Vettel / Raikkonen / Button


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 766
well, I think he will be consistent, he seems to be determined and focused in his job, so I dont see him as a second crashjean at all..maybe he will challenge Maldo at the middle point of the season.
There seems to have been a few "nen" in formula but Swedish names are not uncommon in Finland just one form of lastnames here. My hubbys family name was earlier swedish but they changed it to finnish one long ago. :-P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5742
Zekenwolf wrote:
Without going overboard either way, Bottas sounds interesting with his achievements thus far but it remains to be seen how he performs in the Big League. It would be good for Williams if he succeeded.

He does not sound like a Finn though, without an "nen" at the end of his name! :D

Salo, Lehto, Rosberg, Rosberg... ;)

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5742
Something I stumbled upon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oNCzRIsmBs

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
Covalent wrote:

bless him, he looked bored s*itless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 3:53 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Masku
Wonder if this thread will get as big as Kimis :)

_________________
2011 Winner of PF1's pick 10 competition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm
Posts: 133
this bloke is just like the rest of the paying lot in 2/3 years time only the top 3/4 team will be the only ones that wont have them is a joke your better off watching rally cross


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 910
Location: Upsate NY, USA
GODISMYCOPILOT wrote:
this bloke is just like the rest of the paying lot in 2/3 years time only the top 3/4 team will be the only ones that wont have them is a joke your better off watching rally cross

Huh?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 1128
GODISMYCOPILOT wrote:
this bloke is just like the rest of the paying lot in 2/3 years time only the top 3/4 team will be the only ones that wont have them is a joke your better off watching rally cross


What makes you say that? If anything, Bottas is one of the guys who are there because they are genuinely rated by their team and are there despite serious sponsors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5742
GODISMYCOPILOT wrote:
this bloke is just like the rest of the paying lot in 2/3 years time only the top 3/4 team will be the only ones that wont have them is a joke your better off watching rally cross

Is it really too big of an effort to at least try to make coherent sentences?

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Covalent wrote:
GODISMYCOPILOT wrote:
this bloke is just like the rest of the paying lot in 2/3 years time only the top 3/4 team will be the only ones that wont have them is a joke your better off watching rally cross

Is it really too big of an effort to at least try to make coherent sentences?

Probably not if you happened to skip the class where they told about punctuation.

_________________
"I am out of the drink again. It's so small. Mark has to make sure it's completely full, because it is too small."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5742
So what do you guys think we might expect from Valtteri at Melbourne? Will he join the club to have got points in their debut race?

Nothing but praise here from Valtteri's engineer in GP3:
http://blogit.mtv3.fi/mrenigma/

He seems to be very good in the wet and maybe he'll get to prove that on sunday!

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 766
I hope they dont spend the whole week loading expectations on his shoulders too much. Interesting to read tho, while I remember seeing a few wet races at gp3..He was fast but Calado was fast too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 910
Location: Upsate NY, USA
I think he'll be able to beat Maldo more often than not.
12-7 I'm guessing (in race finishes. Maldo will probably win 13-6 in quali I think)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:54 pm
Posts: 103
I see bottas finishing in the top 10 most races this year but never cracking the top 5. I think he will use this year to gain valuable experience and hoon his racecraft/pace. He will be the man in 2 years and most likely scooped up by 1 of the top teams.

_________________
Williams Fan
KIMI Follower
Salut Gilles
SENNA

PF1 Competition
2 Podium finishes - 2nd in Bahrain '13, 1st in Hungary '13
15th place in 2014
41st place in 2013


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Ontario, Canada
I'll be cheering for Bottas this year out of the rookies, he's one of the only newer drivers that have a seat based on talent, not money.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 116
Location: F1(n)land
VDV23 wrote:
GODISMYCOPILOT wrote:
this bloke is just like the rest of the paying lot in 2/3 years time only the top 3/4 team will be the only ones that wont have them is a joke your better off watching rally cross


What makes you say that?


Alcohol would be my guess.

_________________
"Iteppähän ajoin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 116
Location: F1(n)land
MikeV1987 wrote:
I'll be cheering for Bottas this year out of the rookies, he's one of the only newer drivers that have a seat based on talent, not money.


This.

_________________
"Iteppähän ajoin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 268
Bottas does bring in money from Wihuri to sweeten the deal, a couple of million euros but nothing like Maldonado does. Performance-wise I predict it will be quite close with Maldonado usually having one or two tenths on Bottas for at least the first half of the season, maybe more. Bottas hasn't driven a whole race weekend yet whereas Maldo is likely to up his Sunday game from past seasons. I would be seriously surprised if Bottas manages to outpace his more experienced, race-winning teammate right away. Bottas seems quick and a nice guy to boot but some of you guys don't give Maldonado enough credit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: The Finnish forests
I also expect Maldonado to consistently be better than Bottas in the first races, but in the second half of the season we'll see what really is going on. Still, Bottas should be able to give Maldonado a run for his money at some point - and Maldonado is a good driver.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Water wrote:
I also expect Maldonado to consistently be better than Bottas in the first races, but in the second half of the season we'll see what really is going on. Still, Bottas should be able to give Maldonado a run for his money at some point - and Maldonado is a good driver.

I'm going to predict that even on first races, they'll only be separated by a tenth or so for Maldonado's favor. Maybe even for the whole season, but I also predict that Bottas will collect more points and possibly even a podium.

_________________
"I am out of the drink again. It's so small. Mark has to make sure it's completely full, because it is too small."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Valtteri answers some Twitter questions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDC4fr-a1kc

_________________
"I am out of the drink again. It's so small. Mark has to make sure it's completely full, because it is too small."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7702
Location: London
F1Canuck wrote:
I see bottas finishing in the top 10 most races this year but never cracking the top 5. I think he will use this year to gain valuable experience and hoon his racecraft/pace. He will be the man in 2 years and most likely scooped up by 1 of the top teams.

No he doesn't want to hoon it. Ask Hamilton about hooning it...

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 1622
Location: Secret Volcano Lair
Laura23 wrote:
F1Canuck wrote:
I see bottas finishing in the top 10 most races this year but never cracking the top 5. I think he will use this year to gain valuable experience and hoon his racecraft/pace. He will be the man in 2 years and most likely scooped up by 1 of the top teams.

No he doesn't want to hoon it. Ask Hamilton about hooning it...

Good one Laura.... Couldnt stop laughing .... Hooning.. Thats my new favorite word.

_________________
Loading Quote.......
--------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Ontario, Canada
Muzzyf1 wrote:
Im predicting bottas to boreus ...! Mark my words williams will miss brunos consustency next year ...


Consistent 10th place finishes isn't anything to write home about..Also even though he finished in the points 10 times compared to Maldonados 5, he STILL didn't beat Maldonado in the final standings, to me that says a lot. He's lucky his team mate had so many problems or else he would have been squashed like a bug!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5742
Terrible pace from the Williams cars and Bottas a good way down on even Maldonado. Not looking good currently.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 79
Did not look impressive at all, but he didn't seem to be pushing all that hard either, which may mean he's still learning the track. The car looked pretty bad as well

appletree wrote:
There seems to have been a few "nen" in formula but Swedish names are not uncommon in Finland just one form of lastnames here. My hubbys family name was earlier swedish but they changed it to finnish one long ago. :-P


I have no idea where people(not just you, a LOT of people) have gotten the idea that Bottas is a swedish name. According to the swedish name database, there are 0 people in Sweden with the name Bottas, and as a swedish-speaker myself, the name doesn't sound swedish at all.

To my amateur ears, it sounded portuguese, and after googling the name with common portuguese first names, it seems to be right.

Pedro Bottas

Jose Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 1191
I liked this tweet on the origin of Bottas' name...

"@f1bastard: What's with that Williams driver's name? Watery Butt-Arse? Doesn't sound Finnish to me."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7702
Location: London
Race2win wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
F1Canuck wrote:
I see bottas finishing in the top 10 most races this year but never cracking the top 5. I think he will use this year to gain valuable experience and hoon his racecraft/pace. He will be the man in 2 years and most likely scooped up by 1 of the top teams.

No he doesn't want to hoon it. Ask Hamilton about hooning it...

Good one Laura.... Couldnt stop laughing .... Hooning.. Thats my new favorite word.

Try it in a Scottish accent...

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5742
Well done for out-qualifying Pastor in such tricky conditions. That Williams looks like a handful.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
Can't wait to see what Bottas can achieve in the dry, I feel that comparing Maldonado and Bottas will be hard this weekend as Maldonado had a shocking qualy session, but if Bottas does not fare much better and they start near each other on the grid then it will be interesting to see which has the better race.

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Bold prediction, but I think Bottas will outscore Maldonado this year.

However, I have a feeling both drivers will struggle to get podiums this year. Ok, maybe it's a little too soon for any reliable predictions but the Williams seemed to be miles off the pace in practice (both in the dry and the wet) and Maldonado's comments will only have raised concerns that the car is lacking pace.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 766
JFish wrote:
Did not look impressive at all, but he didn't seem to be pushing all that hard either, which may mean he's still learning the track. The car looked pretty bad as well

appletree wrote:
There seems to have been a few "nen" in formula but Swedish names are not uncommon in Finland just one form of lastnames here. My hubbys family name was earlier swedish but they changed it to finnish one long ago. :-P


I have no idea where people(not just you, a LOT of people) have gotten the idea that Bottas is a swedish name. According to the swedish name database, there are 0 people in Sweden with the name Bottas, and as a swedish-speaker myself, the name doesn't sound swedish at all.

To my amateur ears, it sounded portuguese, and after googling the name with common portuguese first names, it seems to be right.

Pedro Bottas

Jose Bottas

Sorry, I should have been more accurate with the name..according to finnish sources the name Bottas is the name of the place, not people. In Finland anyway..some people just took the name as their last name. Who knows, it might have something to do with portuguese traveller :nod:

Bottas said the car was a handfull , sliding around but on the other hand,some analysis said Williams could gain in race pace despite beeing bad in quali.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Posts: 1153
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
appletree wrote:
JFish wrote:
Did not look impressive at all, but he didn't seem to be pushing all that hard either, which may mean he's still learning the track. The car looked pretty bad as well

appletree wrote:
There seems to have been a few "nen" in formula but Swedish names are not uncommon in Finland just one form of lastnames here. My hubbys family name was earlier swedish but they changed it to finnish one long ago. :-P


I have no idea where people(not just you, a LOT of people) have gotten the idea that Bottas is a swedish name. According to the swedish name database, there are 0 people in Sweden with the name Bottas, and as a swedish-speaker myself, the name doesn't sound swedish at all.

To my amateur ears, it sounded portuguese, and after googling the name with common portuguese first names, it seems to be right.

Pedro Bottas

Jose Bottas

Sorry, I should have been more accurate with the name..according to finnish sources the name Bottas is the name of the place, not people. In Finland anyway..some people just took the name as their last name. Who knows, it might have something to do with portuguese traveller :nod:

Bottas said the car was a handfull , sliding around but on the other hand,some analysis said Williams could gain in race pace despite beeing bad in quali.


I would like to add that Swedish names are not very uncommon in Finland.

Edit: Did a search for Sweden, zero hits persons with Bottas as a last name :)

_________________
..

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dirtysurfer, flyboy10, wolfticket and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group