planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:31 pm 

...with it's "Burn" brand.

http://t.co/3W7J7JCE

Twitter chat says it's with Lotus. Some very reliable sources saying so. So F1 finally has Coca Cola, just not in the way anyone expected. All a bit underwhelming really. So much for the McLaren rumours, which were never happening because they already have GSM.

Edit: Lotus confirmed.

http://burn.com/en_GB/movers/burn_formula1_racing.html

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

Last edited by Laura23 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 pm 

Didn't Coca Cola sponsored some F1 team back in the old days?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm 

Confirmed:
Coca-Cola's Burn brand to sponsor Lotus Formula 1 team
The Coca-Cola Company has confirmed it will sponsor the Lotus Formula 1 team through its Burn brand, as reported earlier by AUTOSPORT.

Burn will join an F1 grid that features increasing amounts of energy drink sponsorship by companies such as Red Bull, TNT and Monster.

"We are proud that The Coca-Cola Company [via Burn] has chosen Lotus F1 Team as the best vehicle to represent the burn brand in its most high profile partnership," said team boss Eric Boullier.

"We are excited to partner with burn to build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine experiences, content creation and social media."

Burn said in a statement that it plans to incorporate "art and music in a way that will break the conventions of traditional F1 sponsorship".

Please tweet me> @PG-F1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:54 pm 

I'd never even heard of Burn until I read this thread and googled it. So in a way their involvement in F1 is working already, even though you couldn't pay me to drink crap like that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:57 pm 

foolishyouth wrote:
Confirmed:
Coca-Cola's Burn brand to sponsor Lotus Formula 1 team
The Coca-Cola Company has confirmed it will sponsor the Lotus Formula 1 team through its Burn brand, as reported earlier by AUTOSPORT.

Burn will join an F1 grid that features increasing amounts of energy drink sponsorship by companies such as Red Bull, TNT and Monster.

"We are proud that The Coca-Cola Company [via Burn] has chosen Lotus F1 Team as the best vehicle to represent the burn brand in its most high profile partnership," said team boss Eric Boullier.

"We are excited to partner with burn to build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine experiences, content creation and social media."

Burn said in a statement that it plans to incorporate "art and music in a way that will break the conventions of traditional F1 sponsorship".

awesome news!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:58 pm 

Disco Inferno!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 pm 

I hope they become title sponsors...

burn Lotus Renault :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:02 pm 

still sounds like someone needs to buy the team though. Genii wants out as they are simply a holding company. I guess now you have Kimi, a good design team and Coke on board so they are probably more sought after

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:02 pm 

Bit dissappointing they chose Lotus, never heared of "Burn". Thought it would be McLaren or Mercedes.
B

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:03 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Bit dissappointing they chose Lotus, never heared of "Burn". Thought it would be McLaren or Mercedes.
B

yes, because McLaren and Mercedes are so low on funds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:06 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
Haribo wrote:
B

yes, because McLaren and Mercedes are so low on funds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if Lotus are struggling as much as is rumoured then it is a bit strange and maybe a bit silly of Coca Cola choosing them over a team with plenty money and therefore a secure future like Mercedes.

Anyway this deal could end up being a disaster yet. Hardly anyone has heard of Burn, let alone knows they are a Coca Cola brand. I think they should have entered F1 with a slightly more established brand, Sprite or Powerade perhaps.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:06 pm 

Cool news!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:
still sounds like someone needs to buy the team though. Genii wants out as they are simply a holding company. I guess now you have Kimi, a good design team and Coke on board so they are probably more sought after

well, team is more expensive to sell when it has contracts that cover current debts :) than without them. Let's say the price is 70 mil and the debt is 40. Genii would get only 30 if lucky. Luckily less.
When there is a contract covering debt.... well it's pretty easy suggestive calculation :) Genii get's almost everything and the pricve can be good (providing the contract is multi-year one)

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:10 pm 

Hakkattack wrote:

I have a crazy idea, Kimi is rich. He can buy a team :o

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:12 pm 

The partnership certainly go in line with the naming rights.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 pm 

one of us in Kimi's thread called it few weeks back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:15 pm 

Lojik wrote:
I'd never even heard of Burn until I read this thread and googled it. So in a way their involvement in F1 is working already, even though you couldn't pay me to drink crap like that.

Same. I've never seen a can of it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Hakkattack wrote:
Haribo wrote:
B

Well if Lotus are struggling as much as is rumoured then it is a bit strange and maybe a bit silly of Coca Cola choosing them over a team with plenty money and therefore a secure future like Mercedes.

Anyway this deal could end up being a disaster yet. Hardly anyone has heard of Burn, let alone knows they are a Coca Cola brand. I think they should have entered F1 with a slightly more established brand, Sprite or Powerade perhaps.

http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/en/#/category/partner/ (EDIT: forgot to link it :) )
this page can give a clue why they DIDN'T choose Mercedes

and location of the brand logos on Lotus cars in next year as well :)

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

Last edited by Denorth on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm 

Bah, what is this burn? I see they use some hellish advertisements with dark motives. Not impressed at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm 

mac_d wrote:
Lojik wrote:

Same. I've never seen a can of it.

Same i had never herd of it, will look out for it now

Does anyone also think the 'burn' flame isnt too dissimilar in shape to the rune on the top of kimis helmet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:19 pm 

I can't say I have ever heard of burn cola, but I guess I have now.

Seems like they are going for the extreme sports market like Red Bull so I think it is a pretty good partnership. Kimi hates PR stuff but I bet he would love to do some snow races or whatever the hell burn does.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:22 pm 

I have been seeing it for quiet a while in India here....!! It is very less popular as compared to the likes of Red Bull so, I think that it is great for them to be in F1. It will give them a lot of advertisement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:27 pm 

Should have been Powerade really. I have heard of Burn, but it seems like a bad move of such a huge company as Coca-Cola to go into F1 with a brand that isn't all too well-known. Obviously, F1 is good for marketing and more people will be aware of it, but I can't help but feel there would have been better options.

As for the news, they're great ones - Lotus appears to have needed that money, and they'll want to improve on this year that was already a good one. We'll have to see what Lotus can do with the sponsorship.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:27 pm 

Does anyone know the value of the deal?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:33 pm 

Sure they weren't already sponsoring Lotus and Heidfeld last year?

As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:34 pm 

seandean41 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:41 pm 

from looking at the regions on the main page for burn:

International | English
France&Luxembourg | Française
España | Castellano
Sweden | English
Denmark | English
Norway | English
Österreich | Deutsch

seems alot of focus on nordic countries, so lotus having kimi being the main factor I feel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 pm 

and the wiki tells it all "Burn is a Swedish high sugar, high caffeine content energy drink with a citrus flavor"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 pm 

Looks more for the Central European and Scandinavian section.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:54 pm 

Wtf is burn? Never heard of it before.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:58 pm 

seandean41 wrote:
Spoiler: show

:lol: :lol: :lol: Excellent

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:59 pm 

ubergam3r wrote:
and the wiki tells it all "Burn is a Swedish high sugar, high caffeine content energy drink with a citrus flavor"

Energy drinks are sh*t anyhow, regardless from what company they come, pure sugar with flavour & coffeeine, makes fat and tastes awefull

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:08 pm 

Haribo wrote:
ubergam3r wrote:

Energy drinks are sh*t anyhow, regardless from what company they come, pure sugar with flavour & coffeeine, makes fat and tastes awefull

not with a vodca added ! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm 

To all those who say they haven't heard of Burn before, as if that is a negative thing - have you pondered upon the entire reason of sponsorship?

What were they meant to do - heighten awareness before plunging into F1, by some means of marketing campagin, by, oh I don't know, plasterning their name across a billboard, or even better, how about using their name and colours on a sportscar, such as F1, but hold on, before that, no one has heard of them, so perhaps they should heighten awarenes...oh no, I've gone crosseyed.

There is no point in using the Coca-Cola brand - there is no market that F1 visits that hasn't already had over saturation of that brand. You haven't heard of Burn, but guess what, we're talking about it now.

Plus - It has pretty colours. :]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
Haribo wrote:
ubergam3r wrote:

not with a vodca added ! :lol:

You should not spoil the vodka ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:56 pm 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:14 pm 

Lancaster wrote:
To all those who say they haven't heard of Burn before, as if that is a negative thing - have you pondered upon the entire reason of sponsorship?

What were they meant to do - heighten awareness before plunging into F1, by some means of marketing campagin, by, oh I don't know, plasterning their name across a billboard, or even better, how about using their name and colours on a sportscar, such as F1, but hold on, before that, no one has heard of them, so perhaps they should heighten awarenes...oh no, I've gone crosseyed.

There is no point in using the Coca-Cola brand - there is no market that F1 visits that hasn't already had over saturation of that brand. You haven't heard of Burn, but guess what, we're talking about it now.

Thanks for saving me the effort of typing the exact same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:18 pm 

For what it's worth, Burn isn't sold (officially) in the US, Canada or the UK... which explains why a lot of people here haven't heard of it.

It started off as very much a Nordic drink before spreading out over Europe and the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm 

Very good news indeed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm 

bbobeckyj wrote:
Lancaster wrote:

Thanks for saving me the effort of typing the exact same thing.

:thumbup: :thumbup: