planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:41 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Don't think they own Rockstar Rick, just distribute it.

Ahh yes - sorry didn't see that!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:45 pm 

RickM wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Don't think they own Rockstar Rick, just distribute it.

Ahh yes - sorry didn't see that!

TBH I have no idea if that impacts on if they have a say in the brand sponsoring anyone.

I noticed Appletiser though, that would make an awesome livery!

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:55 pm 

i am glad to see coca cola spend some money on f1 sponsorship. i too had never heard of burn. but coca cola can spend all the money they want on sponsorship and i would still never buy their energy drink (or any other energy drink!)
for those that say it would be stupid to put coke on the car because nearly the entire planet knows what it is (i understand that part) but they advertise all the time here in the states. sadly there are plenty of people out there who think cool advertising of a product means they need to buy said product.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 pm 

pc27b wrote:
i am glad to see coca cola spend some money on f1 sponsorship. i too had never heard of burn. but coca cola can spend all the money they want on sponsorship and i would still never buy their energy drink (or any other energy drink!)
for those that say it would be stupid to put coke on the car because nearly the entire planet knows what it is (i understand that part) but they advertise all the time here in the states. sadly there are plenty of people out there who think cool advertising of a product means they need to buy said product.

I know a bit of marketing form my you and you make very good points. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:33 pm 

pc27b wrote:

I would like to disagree with the bold part - both coke and pepsi spend billions in advertisments to keep people's interests in their brands up. Else they could lose marketshare to each other and other competitors.

F1 is a good medium to promote an energy drink. Rebull has gained a lot from it. I think it has gained a lot of marketshare in Asia due to its F1 ties.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:34 pm 

The relevant thing is not that a Coca-Cola owned brand wants to sponsor the team, what's really important is HOW MUCH MONEY they will pump into it. This year, Lotus was sponsored (among others) by Microsoft and Unilever, two huge mega-corporations, but they seemed to be in financial trouble...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:03 pm 

Porsan wrote:
The relevant thing is not that a Coca-Cola owned brand wants to sponsor the team, what's really important is HOW MUCH MONEY they will pump into it. This year, Lotus was sponsored (among others) by Microsoft and Unilever, two huge mega-corporations, but they seemed to be in financial trouble...

I don't think Microsoft and Unilever have too much to gain through F1 sponsorship; I doubt the money involved would've been huge. The deals were probably more partnerships which allowed for corporate hospitality, etc.

This Burn thing will probably be worth a lot as it seems they want to create some kind of image with the team. It's always going to cost when you're co-ercing a team into selling their soul and becoming a main part of your operation.

This year's success and the drivers which Lotus have will ensure they are secure for a few more years yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:16 pm 

pc27b wrote:
i am glad to see coca cola spend some money on f1 sponsorship. i too had never heard of burn.

No way!? :) I was 100% sure everyone knows Burn....I live in Poland and since it is marketed well here I thought it was something already well known in more developed economies but I guess you never know... For example I have never heard about 'Monster' drinks until I googled it 2 years ago...now it is sold here but still not popular. Anyway - CC is the real deal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:26 pm 

I know Burn and apparently you all do by know.

Yes, marketing is cool ;)

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:42 pm 

Ah well, might as well post this; any excuse for a bit of Deep Purple

Burn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:34 pm 

Does anyone else see a future where energy drinks are condemned for their negative effects on our health & advertising/sponsorship gets banned?

Like the old cigarette sponsorship?

We'll be talking about the good old days of the energy drink livery war, or something stupid like that.

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:19 pm 

mcdo wrote:
Does anyone else see a future where energy drinks are condemned for their negative effects on our health & advertising/sponsorship gets banned?

We'll be talking about the good old days of the energy drink livery war, or something stupid like that.

:D You make a good point!

In Finland some parent groups have a petition going on to ban energy drinks from kids under 16. If they get enough signatures the parlament has to vote on it (I think). Actually I believe it's kids who mostly drink this stuff. So yeah this could go the same way as cigarettes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:26 pm 

mcdo wrote:

Tobacco, banks, energy drinks. What is next?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:15 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:

I predict banning of car manufacturer advertisements ... they are bad for the environment and our health, they kill more each year than cigarettes. We shouldn't be glorifying them like this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:15 am 

moby wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
I remember drinking one free sample of burn few years ago and I couldn't sleep at night. :frown: Last week I refused to take free sample of Red Bull, because I value my sleeping.

Yeh. I always wonder about people who drink these drinks too.

Can some regulars tell us what the point is? My local bar now sells these 'bombs' of shorts in energy drinks. Last thing I want when I go for a drink is to be would up. Whats the 'desired effect'?

if you are a shift worker, and/or on call they can be very handy!

one example I had, I had to do a 16 hour shift after just 4 hours sleep! (someone called in sick no-one else to cover)

or sometimes just night shifts can be hard if you have a family, the household doesn't stop just because you are trying to sleep after a night shift! however I do try and only drink these sort of drinks on an 'emergency basis' if you catch my drift

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 am 

WiredKiwi wrote:
Crikey, I wouldn't hire any of you lot as marketing strategists! The use of the burn brand is all about gaining specific brand recognition in a market sector dominated by a rival (in this case Red Bull). The Coke brand is useless to directly counter Red Bull, it has to be the actual sector brand. Powerade is not under any circumstances in the same sector as burn. burn is in the caffeinated beverage sector and is a direct competitor to Red Bull, whereas Powerade is a sports drink, and the F1 market, (esp with Kimi as a team driver) isn't really a good place for the health and fitness angle. As burn is sold in about 3/5 of the places F1 races in, that's pretty good market coverage. And, if F1 actually takes off in the States, they've go the Full Throttle brand just waiting in the wings - seeing as it's pretty common to change car liveries for location or date specific things. Apropos of nothing, Full Throttle is marketed with a tag line that includes 'No bull.' Awesome.

I think it's a smart choice by Coca Cola, and the Lotus culture is well matched to the image burn wishes to create, and we might even get to see Kimi enjoying working the PR & sponsor work for once?

:nod: :nod:

They have the Mother brand in Australia as well. They could do quite a number of unique liveries throughout the year, which in turn ties together the image they are trying to cultivate for their energy drink brands and F1 culture.

I think Formula 1 is a perfect fit for a Coca-Cola owned energy drink. Coke itself has had some great marketing campaigns in the past; I've always admired their ability to create an image around their drink that people really respond to. If they follow a similar concept with the energy drink side of things we could see a lot of fun campaigns throughout the F1 season that really work well with the sport.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:44 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Head & Shoulders

FA#14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:46 pm 

I would try it if i could find it. not sold here though... lets think about this though,
if it's a mostly Nordic drink, and it's on a car driven by a Finn, makes sense
Black and Red colours, matches the Lotus livery, with potential to make a really cool one, depending on the size of the deal
Lotus are one of the top cars, and could improve next year, and maybe challenge in 2014
We've all googled this product now, and we're just the guys on a forum. how many people who watch F1 next year will see it, and potentially buy it?

wise move, everybody wins.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:48 pm 

mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Head & Shoulders

L'Oréal McLaren Mercades - Because Checo's worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 pm 

Has anyone ever tried Burn? And does it beat Lidl's own brand energy drink?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:57 pm 

mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Head & Shoulders

It's the present, not the future. H&S already sponsor Williams.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:14 pm 

Since we'll most likely be seeing flames on the Lotus next year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:22 pm 

Water wrote:
mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Head & Shoulders

It's the present, not the future. H&S already sponsor Williams.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

FA#14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 pm 

foolishyouth wrote:

Burn said in a statement that it plans to incorporate "art and music in a way that will break the conventions of traditional F1 sponsorship".

So it's going to be a team full of ricers.