planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:15 pm 

has been confirmed on twitter among other places by Perez that Kobayashi is out and Gutierrez in.

I thought Kobayashi had done enough to merit the drive, but i am not too disappointed as i never held him in high regard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:17 pm 

Looks like the track where he made his debut will be the location of his last race... Sauber lose all support from me unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:19 pm 

Gracias @kamuikobayashi te deseo lo mejor! Thanks kamui all The Best...

so is that it ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:20 pm 

He is a single 6th place finish behind the man who has just earned a Mclaren drive. This after having potentially his 2 best results of the season at Spain and Spa cruelly taken from him.

Formula 1 never was fair but it will be all the poorer without KK next season.

sauber just lost thousands of japanese fans , they were the only team to hold this recognition of the only exciting japanese driver , just watch the crowd reaction after the podium in suzuka

So sad that Sauber is now owned by a drug lord!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm 

It's all about the money.

I don't rate Kobayashi too highly, but Gutiérrez doesn't exactly look better. There were probably better drivers to have, but eventually they settled for the acceptable one who had the money behind him.
Then again, Gutiérrez could be lightning-fast and I could be completely wrong. He's getting a good chance in F1 now and it will be interesting to see him race.

Hülkenberg/Gutiérrez seems like an interesting pairing. One quite fast driver who hasn't made it against a rookie, whose F1 performance level is unknown. If Gutiérrez is any good, Sauber have made a good move.
However, Kobayashi has definitely done enough to earn a drive - more than what Gutiérrez has to warrant his Sauber spot really.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:24 pm 

Maybe Vijay will take him? I don't know what his brands are like in Japan but the exposure can't hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:41 pm 

I have a bad feeling he will end up with a backmarker team. If not, he'll probably head off to the Super GT series in Japan. Like most ex-F1 Japanese drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:43 pm 

mastergee wrote:
So sad that Sauber is now owned by a drug lord!!

Uh, what?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:44 pm 

Sad to hear this. Kobi maybe didn't quite live up to his early promise, but I still think he has done a solid job this year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:46 pm 

Lojik wrote:
Sad to hear this. Kobi maybe didn't quite live up to his early promise, but I still think he has done a solid job this year.

He hasnt done badly, but Perez has clearly outperformed him. Thats not really doing a "solid job" in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:48 pm 

**** you Sauber!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:51 pm 

KK is not consistent enough and I guess they have decided that the money Telmex brings are worth it given Kamui's performances.

**** you Sauber? I'm willing to bet that they'd be more than happy to keep KK provided you pay the same amount Slim pays to them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 pm 

I am sad to see Kobayashi go but I can see it from Saubers point of view. Kobi is not a world champion driver and there is a fair chance Guitierez is better. They already have a driver who is good enough to achieve the potential so even taking money out of the equation I think its worth the risk for them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm 

Hopefully he'll land one of the un-filled seats. If indeed it is 100% kosher.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 pm 

If this is true I have officially lost all support for Sauber. I personally hope this guys crashes out every race and if not runs with the likes of marussia and caterham. I hope FI pick him up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 pm 

He seemed to be an exciting driver in his early seasons but it kind of faded and i hardly even notice him during races. Maybe drivers have gotten wise to his lunges or maybe drs has taken away his advantage but whatever it is, he has lost something.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm 

nixxxon wrote:
Lojik wrote:

He hasnt done badly, but Perez has clearly outperformed him. Thats not really doing a "solid job" in my opinion.

I guess you havenet watched this season. They have been very close this season, and actually Koba has lost more points due to being on the wrong end of incidents that had nothing to do with him. As someone else stated one 6th place is all that separated them and if Koba had a bit more like he would be ahead of Perez in the standings.

So overall pretty poor news for F1 unless Koba can go to another mid field team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 pm 

Kobayashi has been better driver in the second half. More consistent than Perez. Bulk of Perez points came from those 3 podiums. And he has been awful in other races bar 1.
Kobayashi on the other hand has gathered points by consistent results. IN fact he is now ahead in head to head race finish positions to Perez.

Sucks for him if he finds himself out of F1. But he had his issues this year. I hope he finds a seat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm 

It was clear they would sign another pay driver. No surprise the went for Gutierrez.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm 

Gutted! really am a big fan of Kamui, I hope he gets a seat somewhere else. Hopefully Force India take him on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 pm 

daytona81 wrote:
If this is true I have officially lost all support for Sauber. I personally hope this guys crashes out every race and if not runs with the likes of marussia and caterham. I hope FI pick him up.

Why? What's Gutierrez ever done to you? He's supposed to turn down a drive if offered?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 pm 

Dammit Sauber, screw you!

Frick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 pm 

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? All I've seen so far is a tweet from Checo saying thank you and farewell to his teammate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 pm 

starrebel wrote:
Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? All I've seen so far is a tweet from Checo saying thank you and farewell to his teammate

there is another bit on autosport.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 pm 

Johnston wrote:
starrebel wrote:

there is another bit on autosport.

Found it! Thanks.

That's a shame. I'm not really surprised but I do have a soft spot for Kamui. I hope he gets a drive elsewhere if the rumours are true

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 pm 

funkymonkey wrote:
Kobayashi has been better driver in the second half. More consistent than Perez. Bulk of Perez points came from those 3 podiums. And he has been awful in other races bar 1.
Kobayashi on the other hand has gathered points by consistent results. IN fact he is now ahead in head to head race finish positions to Perez.

Sucks for him if he finds himself out of F1. But he had his issues this year. I hope he finds a seat.

I wouldn't say he's been the better driver but he has certainly kept out of trouble and scored whenever the car has allowed him. I think he's very much like Button where when the car is to his liking he can beast it (see quali in various races and Spain) and when it isn't he generally performs at or around the level any other driver in his position would.

Ok, he's not like Alonso where he constantly outperforms the car but he has overtaking skill, can put the car in places it shouldn't be and is a really good guy as well as being amazingly consistent. Kobayashi and Hulkenberg would have been a formidable combination, Hulkenberg and Guiterrez will be effectively a 1 car team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 pm 

That is so sh*t!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 pm 

Does it actually say KK is out? All I can see is they've signed Gutierrez, nothing about the other seat.......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:05 pm 

Seanie - I presume Gutierrez will partner Hulkenberg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:05 pm 

Seanie wrote:
Does it actually say KK is out? All I can see is they've signed Gutierrez, nothing about the other seat.......

They've signed Hulkenberg recently I believe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
He is a single 6th place finish behind the man who has just earned a Mclaren drive. This after having potentially his 2 best results of the season at Spain and Spa cruelly taken from him.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:19 pm 

Im excited to see what Gutierrez can do. FBMW and GP3 Champion, 3rd in GP2 this year...not a bad pedigree. There's another FBMW champion fighting this weekend for his third F1 WDC title.

He might still have some American fans too from his FBMW USA days. I remember watching him at those races :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:28 pm 

sennafan24 wrote:

haha oh yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I blame twitter, I read a tweet on the bus about Sauber refusing to confirm who'll be in the second seat then I read this and totally forgot about the hulk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm 

Seems he knows about it:

From : http://www.kamui-kobayashi.com/wpcontents/?p=7621 (Translated via Google Chrome)

12.11.22 fundraising website launched "KAMUI SUPPORT" [Guide]
Thank you for your support all the time. Kamui Kobayashi has opened a donation site "KAMUI SUPPORT" want to thank the support from everyone towards the year 2013 will be the fourth full F1 season competing this time. I think we were a little with the cooperation of everyone. Humbly thank you.

<Website>
Fundraising website "Kamui SUPPORT"
Http://Www.Kamui-support.Com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm 

RebellionLola wrote:
Gracias @kamuikobayashi te deseo lo mejor! Thanks kamui all The Best...

so is that it ?

Could this just be because HE is leaving? Thanks but I;m off like?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 pm 

So both Kovalainen and Kobayashi are up for grabs. I reckon they'd make a pretty decent lineup for any team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:27 pm 

Seanie wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:

haha oh yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I blame twitter, I read a tweet on the bus about Sauber refusing to confirm who'll be in the second seat then I read this and totally forgot about the hulk

It is easy forget, its such a neutral move for Hulky.

Its not like Perez to Macca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 pm 

Banana Man wrote:

Heidfeld outscored Kubica in their time together at BMW, yet F1 paddock knew Heidfeld was just another journeyman, while Kubica was world class driver.

Perez dominated Kobayashi pacewise, thus he is deservedly taking McLaren seat, while Kobayashi is leaving F1, because he wasn't good enough. In a way it's a shame he's leaving, because I would love to see Hulkenberg dominating him and tons of excuses from Kobayashi fanboys (not fans, fanboys) why is it happening.