planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:17 am 

dmck88 wrote:
Armchair Expert wrote:
mastergee wrote:
So sad that Sauber is now owned by a drug lord!!

Kobayashi was brought to F1 thanks to Toyota, a company which was delivering trucks to Japanese army, which, as we know, was responsible for many massacres during WW2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Toyota
http://www.ww2f.com/wwii-general/28857- ... r-2-a.html

Ridiculous argument is ridiculous.

wow.. you people are pathetic

I'm with you, dmck88. I don't know which of the two comments are more pathetic though.

Kimi, the iceman.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:07 pm 

Gutsy stuff from Kobayashi today, although the Schumacher move was a step too far!

He should not be out of drive next year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm 

Unbelievably stupid move from Kobayashi, something like this is borderline in dry, but divebombing in wet is moronic, that's the proper word to describe it.

Looking at their respective performances in Malaysia and looking how fast Sauber was today, Perez had a real chance of winning. Unfortunately Vettel wanted to be a chopper and then it went.

I hope Gutierrez will have more brain than Kobayashi, because these young drivers are like ticking bombs, behaving like scary at times.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:
Unbelievably stupid move from Kobayashi, something like this is borderline in dry, but divebombing in wet is moronic, that's the proper word to describe it.

Looking at their respective performances in Malaysia and looking how fast Sauber was today, Perez had a real chance of winning. Unfortunately Vettel wanted to be a chopper and then it went.

I hope Gutierrez will have more brain than Kobayashi, because these young drivers are like ticking bombs, behaving like scary at times.

How old are you ? If you're young, I can recommend you something: focus on yourself and not on others, as you'll never achieve anything notable in this life.

If you're old, you probably haven't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:

Whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm 

Personal attacks, no arguments, how nice.

Yes, divebombing in wet is sensible thing to do :uhoh:.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm 

Sad for Checo and Sauber, he could have fought up there and probably beat Merc, but racing is that way and Vettel had the luck he didn´t wreck his car, sadly Bruno and Checo weren´t so lucky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:11 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:
Personal attacks, no arguments, how nice.

Yes, divebombing in wet is sensible thing to do :uhoh:.

Armchair Expert wrote:

Looking at their respective performances in Malaysia and looking how fast Sauber was today, Perez had a real chance of winning.

this was the best argument in the world. congratulations !!! you're the man !!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 pm 

Outside of the incident with Michael, Kamui did a great job today. He lost some time by running wide right before he put on intermediates on the last run, but other than that he did a good job.

Kamui Kobayashi Fan
"You know when you've been KK'd"-Martin Brundle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm 

In a way, I can understand Sauber's position - he hasn't performed, it's that simple. Time to give someone else a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm 

RickM wrote:
In a way, I can understand Sauber's position - he hasn't performed, it's that simple. Time to give someone else a chance.

I doubt it has as much to do with performance as it has to with money and sponsorship. There wasnt much separating Perez and KK at the end of the season and given that Perez had two podiums, we can easily surmise that KK had more races doing better than Perez bar those two.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:

I've never heard such rubbish in my entire life. Pedro De la Flippin Rosa had a real chance of winning today and if Senna hadnt tried to show off infront of his home fans then maybe Perez would have made the end of the race for a change. Just because he has driven well in the wet once dosnt mean he is a rainmaster. To suceed in F1 you need to take risks, sounds like if you had your way everyone would drive round like Nico Rosberg and F1 wouldnt exist as only you would watch it. The only good thing about Kobayashi going is we've dont have to hear your moronic opinions, now go back to pulling wings off flies or whatever other hobbies you have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm 

TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Armchair Expert wrote:

I've never heard such rubbish in my entire life. Pedro De la Flippin Rosa had a real chance of winning today and if Senna hadnt tried to show off infront of his home fans then maybe Perez would have made the end of the race for a change. Just because he has driven well in the wet once dosnt mean he is a rainmaster. To suceed in F1 you need to take risks, sounds like if you had your way everyone would drive round like Nico Rosberg and F1 wouldnt exist as only you would watch it. The only good thing about Kobayashi going is we've dont have to hear your moronic opinions, now go back to pulling wings off flies or whatever other hobbies you have.

Senna did nothing wrong, he was on the racing line all wheels on track when Vettel cut across him

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 pm 

RickM wrote:

The points simply do not reflect that. He's scored 60 points to Perez's 66. He brings no sponsorship - that's the real problem.

Kobayashi went for it today and it was great to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:03 pm 

RickM wrote:

Getting on the podium is not performing? Being 5 points behind a highly rated team mate who got a move to macca is not performing? Well why are Grosjean and Maldonado and Senna being classed as peforming when they are either crash happy or slow, in senna's case....

As for Armchair idiot.... He sounds about five, and has brought no rationality to this post, Hulkenberg is an ok driver, Kobayashi is a good driver. The hulk will need a better car than perez had to amas the same points perez had. Seems an anti-japanese thing with some people.... I didn't see hulkenberg get a podium this year, kobayashi did.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 pm 

If that was Kamui's last race in F1 then he gave us an excellent send off. He was right up there with the big boys in very challenging conditions. The incident with Michael was a pure racing incident if you ask me. He was entitled to go for that gap but I don't think Michael was quite expecting it and closed the door a bit too much. Not KK's fault really just unlucky. As an F1 fan I'd much rather watch that than a driver like Rosberg or Di Resta just following him safely to the finish.

6 points behind a team mate who is now a Mclaren driver and he could be out of F1. It's a cruel, cruel world.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:14 pm 

Sauber will only pay for one driver ATM, essentially it is the Hulk replacing KK. There was no doubt it my mind they would promote Gutierrez after Perez to McLaren was announced, they need that sponsorship.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:19 pm 

Kamui is a great talent, but he was in a sense outclassed this year. I mean everytime Perez was on the podium, he was either out or not in the picture and it really affected his image.

He has great heart for racing and immense talent, but I think he really peaked with what he could do for Sauber.

If and I mean if he does get an opportunity, it would be with Renault and that is if Grojsean is not resigned. Also with Force India... Kamui needs sponsorship badly to survive.

I remember reading a couple of years ago Panasonic was supposed to follow him, but that fell through.

Is NEC a personal sponsor? He needs Panasonic or another brand to support him.

We ALL love you Schumi! Don't ever give up!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 am 

I must say, Peter Sauber always makes correct decisions regarding drivers...

... but Kamui will surely be missed. Perhaps the best japanese F1 driver ever, nice overtaker too.

Ka-mu-i !! Ka-mu-i !!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:10 am 

I will really miss Kamui and it will be a real shame if he doesn't get a drive next year, I will miss him making ridiculous overtakes stick.

I understand sauber's decision but I think it's clear that he deserves to be in F1...it looks like the ForceIndia drive will be given to Sutil, so then the only seats left are Williams, caterham and marussia?

Way to go Kobayashi!

Sergio and Jenson - Margaritas and Sombreros!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 am 

flavio81 wrote:
I must say, Peter Sauber always makes correct decisions regarding drivers...

... but Kamui will surely be missed. Perhaps the best japanese F1 driver ever, nice overtaker too.

Ka-mu-i !! Ka-mu-i !!

That reminds me of that joke.. It's like being the best looking guy on the burns ward!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:34 am 

OutKast wrote:
Kamui is a great talent, but he was in a sense outclassed this year. I mean everytime Perez was on the podium, he was either out or not in the picture and it really affected his image.

He has great heart for racing and immense talent, but I think he really peaked with what he could do for Sauber.

If and I mean if he does get an opportunity, it would be with Renault and that is if Grojsean is not resigned. Also with Force India... Kamui needs sponsorship badly to survive.

I remember reading a couple of years ago Panasonic was supposed to follow him, but that fell through.

Is NEC a personal sponsor? He needs Panasonic or another brand to support him.

You seem to be missing the point that when Kobayashi was on the podium, Perez was in the wall. In Austin, when Kobayashi was 6th, Perez was 11th.

I'm not saying Kobayashi is better than Perez, I'm saying they're very evenly matched and imo Sauber had a great driver lineup. When one was on form, the other was off form which was weird but what can you do. The fact that they finished 6 points apart, which I think is a 7th placed finish, accurately reflects their form throughout the season.

If he goes, F1 will be worse for it.