planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 316
“If we win, we will be very happy but we know we need a strange combination of results,” said Alonso. “If we don’t win, we will congratulate him and we will try next year. Nothing really surprising.”

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/11/23/alons ... y-to-lose/


now, thats what we called sportmanship.....something that fans can learn from.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm
Posts: 445
NvrDieYoung wrote:
“If we win, we will be very happy but we know we need a strange combination of results,” said Alonso. “If we don’t win, we will congratulate him and we will try next year. Nothing really surprising.”

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/11/23/alons ... y-to-lose/


now, thats what we called sportmanship.....something that fans can learn from.

I would strongly recommend you check out 2 years ago on how he acted towards Petrov.

In the words of Brundle to Alonso live on air "Get real son".

Its easy to say it now before tensions are high, will he be a sportsman on the day? can anyone honestly say yes he will?

I think some fans here need to wake up and smell the truth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 1179
Location: Croatia
sportsmanship? from Alonso ? :lol:

_________________
H&H


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5344
Nth?

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:36 am
Posts: 23
tmzxaar wrote:
sportsmanship? from Alonso ? :lol:


:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 275
tmzxaar wrote:
sportsmanship? from Alonso ? :lol:


thought the same lol :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:12 pm
Posts: 905
I don't know if u ever follow Alonso throughout his career but if u don't, i fully recommend u to have a brief about his "sportsmanship" then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 am
Posts: 359
I think he has everything to do and I dont believe it when he says 'nothing to lose'. He is under as much pressure as vettel is. Mind games BS thats all

Vettel can crash out and still win the championships, Alonso does not have that luxury.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:47 pm
Posts: 296
Covalent wrote:
Nth?

No time to write nothing i think!

saved all of 0.398 Seconds. Which i suppose is the difference from 1st on the grid to 8th nowadays!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:07 pm
Posts: 101
spooky wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Nth?

No time to write nothing i think!

saved all of 0.398 Seconds. Which i suppose is the difference from 1st on the grid to 8th nowadays!


That's clearly an illegal advantage! Send him to the back of the grid :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
keenf1fan wrote:
I think he has everything to do and I dont believe it when he says 'nothing to lose'. He is under as much pressure as vettel is. Mind games BS thats all

Vettel can crash out and still win the championships, Alonso does not have that luxury.

True, but Alonso's reliability is a hell of a lot higher than Vettels at this point.

I'd rather be in Alonso's shoes than Vettel's right now, and that's saying something given that I dont like either of them.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 pm
Posts: 1743
mprules wrote:
spooky wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Nth?

No time to write nothing i think!

saved all of 0.398 Seconds. Which i suppose is the difference from 1st on the grid to 8th nowadays!


That's clearly an illegal advantage! Send him to the back of the grid :lol:


Saved another tenth on the (username) formation lap. Start from pitlane it is .. LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm
Posts: 55
2007, 2010, 2012, third time lucky


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:55 am
Posts: 119
tmzxaar wrote:
sportsmanship? from Alonso ? :lol:

:lol: Agreed!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 4517
Location: u.k
Well he does and he doesn't in a way.

Either way, no matter what happens on Sunday, he will finish this championship 2nd. That is done and dusted.
But at the same time, he can't afford to chuck it down the inside of everyone and hope they jump out the way, he needs Vettel to have a reliability problem for him to have any realistic chance. He can't afford to go desperate dan, he has to finish it.

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am
Posts: 1309
Teddy007 wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:
“If we win, we will be very happy but we know we need a strange combination of results,” said Alonso. “If we don’t win, we will congratulate him and we will try next year. Nothing really surprising.”

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/11/23/alons ... y-to-lose/


now, thats what we called sportmanship.....something that fans can learn from.

I would strongly recommend you check out 2 years ago on how he acted towards Petrov.

In the words of Brundle to Alonso live on air "Get real son".

Its easy to say it now before tensions are high, will he be a sportsman on the day? can anyone honestly say yes he will?

I think some fans here need to wake up and smell the truth.

In the heat of the moment (ala Vettel last race with the overtake message). Alonso was upset after the race too, but after calming words from the team he sounded pretty reasoned.

_________________
"We can not drive slower, just to make the races more exciting." Alain Prost


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:57 pm
Posts: 147
scuderia_stevie wrote:
Teddy007 wrote:
NvrDieYoung wrote:
“If we win, we will be very happy but we know we need a strange combination of results,” said Alonso. “If we don’t win, we will congratulate him and we will try next year. Nothing really surprising.”

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/11/23/alons ... y-to-lose/


now, thats what we called sportmanship.....something that fans can learn from.

I would strongly recommend you check out 2 years ago on how he acted towards Petrov.

In the words of Brundle to Alonso live on air "Get real son".

Its easy to say it now before tensions are high, will he be a sportsman on the day? can anyone honestly say yes he will?

I think some fans here need to wake up and smell the truth.

In the heat of the moment (ala Vettel last race with the overtake message). Alonso was upset after the race too, but after calming words from the team he sounded pretty reasoned.


Vettel was upset that a backmarker enabled Hamilton to get near him at all, shouted down the radio in the heat of the moment, and by the end of the race had calmed down.

Alonso was legitimately stuck behind a car that was in front of him, and felt the guy should have moved over to allow him to take the points. It's one thing to demand preferential treatment in your own team, and quite another to demand it from every driver on the grid (even if only in one race in Abu Dhabi). I mean seriously, the fact that he even felt angry towards Petrov is mind boggling.

To be fair, there have not been many opportunities for Vettel to be unsportsmanlike. It is easy to show sportsmanship when you are winning. However, Vettel congratulated Hamilton on the slow down lap in Texas (slowed down to his side and clapped his hands), congratulated him again before the podium. I am sure he really wanted to win that race. Alonso just sat there like he couldn't be bothered. Alonso does not display any sportsmanship except to people he beats. Which is not really sportsmanship.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 2592
Alonso gets a lot of schtick from fans for being unsportsmanlike, or a cheater or whatever, but I don't see it anymore. in the past, certainly, but now? I think he's grown up.

_________________
VI LXXVII XIV X XVII
Image
gif from reddit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 1110
Alonso has plenty to lose. If Seb fails to finish, and he (Alonso) has made a ill-advised overtake attempt employing a "nothing to lose" mind-set and got a puncture, picked up a penalty or whatever, that could very easily be the difference between finishing on the podium or not. He has less to lose than Seb, considering everything, but certainly not nothing to lose.

As for him being sportsmanlike, meh. I hate when people try to suggest drivers such as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, etc., are more sportsmanlike, whine less than each other, and so on. There are plenty of examples where all three have thrown their toys out the pram, have displayed a lack of sportsmanship etc. Most (probably all) drivers do it.

_________________
Currently cheering for: Felipe Massa; Nico Hulkenberg; Romain Grosjean; Felipe Nasr. Oh, and of course, the Toronto Maple Leafs
PF1 Pick 10 Competition | 2014 position:
26th | 2013 position: 17th | 2012 position: 11th | Total podiums: 4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm
Posts: 430
So it's gotten to the point where whenever Alonso opens his mouth = whine?

Some people are just hard to please it seems... lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alonso : Nth To lose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1496
Nth to lose?

_________________
Lewis Hamilton Fan's Mood Race by Race: :( 8) 8) 8) 8) :evil: :-(( :) :D :proud: ;) x(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group