planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am 

Here we go again in 2 hours time in what seems like a fruitless practice session day in the dry when the race is likely to be wet. What can the teams learn in dry sessions when they might be thinking of a wet race? Is it time that F1 needs to do something about restricting car setups on Sundays?

In any case, let the mayhem begin and may the best man (Lewis) win 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:56 am 

chinki wrote:
Here we go again in 2 hours time in what seems like a fruitless practice session day in the dry when the race is likely to be wet. What can the teams learn in dry sessions when they might be thinking of a wet race? Is it time that F1 needs to do something about restricting car setups on Sundays?

I'd like to see them bring back the warm-up sessions before the race.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:03 am 

RaisinChips wrote:
chinki wrote:

:thumbup: me to why did it get stopped ?

also back to set up, if it is wet race when they qually in dry i seem to remember some team bosses saying there is not much difference in set up betweenthe two. but are they allowed to tweek a couple of things ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:08 am 

RaisinChips wrote:
chinki wrote:

+1

From Martin Donnelly a few weeks back

Quote:
"I was sat in the hotel on Sunday morning having breakfast at 9:30am and Mark Webber came down and sat beside me. I said 'Mark should you not be at the circuit', he said, 'I have nothing to do until 2pm'.

"In my day by 8.30am we had done 30 laps in morning warm-up and you had been in there since 6.30am! It is obviously all cost related and unfortunately one of the cuts is testing - more mileage means more costs."

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8178993/

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:38 pm 

Thread got hijacked :uhoh:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5290

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:12 pm 

Johnston wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:
chinki wrote:

+1

From Martin Donnelly a few weeks back

Quote:
"I was sat in the hotel on Sunday morning having breakfast at 9:30am and Mark Webber came down and sat beside me. I said 'Mark should you not be at the circuit', he said, 'I have nothing to do until 2pm'.

"In my day by 8.30am we had done 30 laps in morning warm-up and you had been in there since 6.30am! It is obviously all cost related and unfortunately one of the cuts is testing - more mileage means more costs."

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8178993/

it would require a complete rule rethink though, wouldn't it? Sunday practice would effectively throw parc ferme in the scrapheap, as well as keeping the same tyres you qualify on etc etc.

Personally, i think it would be good to bring it back, but i don't think it's that simple unfortunately

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 pm 

Sky F1 commentary saying 100% chance of rain on race day, fingers crossed they are actually right :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm 

I seriously don't see why people want it to rain on Sunday.

It's the last race of a season, a championship decider, an end to a great season - and people want to add a major variable to the mix, a variable that could make it all into a lottery?
Personally, I want to see the drivers go drive to the fullest in good conditions. No excuses, just plain flat-out racing - like the racing we've seen a lot of this season. Another race such as Malaysia, or conditions like Q3 in Hockenheim? No thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:02 pm 

Water wrote:

It's the last race of a season, a championship decider, an end to a great season - and people want to add a major variable to the mix, a variable that could make it all into a lottery?
Personally, I want to see the drivers go drive to the fullest in good conditions. No excuses, just plain flat-out racing - like the racing we've seen a lot of this season. Another race such as Malaysia, or conditions like Q3 in Hockenheim? No thanks.

Because its alfonso best chance of winning. It's not lottery it sorts the men out from the boys Don't want so much that it stops the racing thou.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:04 pm 

Water wrote:

For me personally it's because if it is a bog standard dry race, then its as much of a certainty that you can get in F1 that Vettel will just cruise easily to a podium and the whole thing will be a big anti-climax.

Throw in a bit of rain however and the result is up in the air for the entire race. As a neutral, I'd much rather have a high degree of uncertainty.