planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Magic Button!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm 

Ok, so back to business, this looks like a good year for science :D . A team-mate which will probably not be able to put a too fierce battle from the beginning, a car which doesn't look bad, team support, tires which allegedly have a wider work frame, good ingredients for a good shot at WDC. Much better than 2014 would look at this stage, anyway. Push the button, Max, push the button...
(in case you don't know what I mean, here's the link - starting with 1:25...one of the greatest comedy racing movies ever).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xwkGNVOhNw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 pm 

I've supported Jenson since I met him before the start of the 2000 season based on personality alone. I knew he was capable of achieving the things he has in his career ever since 2004, I especially recall this epic battle between these then young drivers and who now happen to be the two most experienced drivers on the grid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7dlK7rweU

V10's... Also love how JB overtakes Alonso just after thinking his visor was coming away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:40 pm 

I'll take pleasure in being the first to post in the Magic Button thread in 2014 and make it officially a decade old, if I recall correctly I started it in answer to the "Magic Trulli" thread following their heroics in the Monaco GP of 2004, it had a lean year in 2013 by the look of it but that's perhaps unsurprising given the teams form, here's hoping McLaren maintain their early testing form, hope you all enjoy the slightly diminished 1.6 turbo era!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:08 pm 

I thought this thread was shut down and replaced the Official Jenson Button Thread!

Guess I was wrong! GO JB!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:33 pm 

Even though i rate him joint 6th best after 2013 season, JB's Magic Button is an all time great. The only problem with him is that he can not find that legendary Button often enough. When he pushes that button, IMO, he can duke it out with the likes of Ayrton, Alain, Schumi, Clark, Fangio, Lauda and Vettel at their peak. If he had always found and pushed this well-known entity, i would have ranked him as the best driver in 2014 easily regardless of his WDC count. I detected that button of him first time in Hockenheim 2000. If he had driven for Ferrari from 2001 to 2010 with Barrichello as his teammate, he could have grabbed 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007 and 2008 titles. Yeah, maybe this seems big, but getting a title way before 2009 would certainly have changed his motivation levels to supreme level. Motivation is really essential for him. After getting his much waited title with his first ever title-challenging car in 2009 , no wonder why he had said: "I am it. I am a world champion. I'm going to keep saying that all night."