planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:58 pm 

Sky said.ferrari are putting in a protest over the yellow flag incident.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:03 pm 

What exactly will Ferrari protest? Passing during lighted track condition lights?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:03 pm 

Why the hell not. Do they have to pay for protests or something? They probably won't win it.

I don't think Alonso will want the championship won in the courtroom anyway.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm 

Thought it was said it wasnt a yellow flag...trying to win the WDC like Mclaren in 2007?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm 

Thank God. The only race where I'll support Alonso, and I feel as though he was robbed, not by Vettel but by the stewards. I will get lots of bad remarks toward this post but first of all we saw Vettel's overtake under yellows and there was no investigation, and he also took Senna out of the race, and there was no investigation. Yet Hulkenberg took Hamilton out and there was an investigation and subsequent penalty almost immediately.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:05 pm 

Pretty sure it was an orange flag.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:07 pm 

Kind of like they were scared of giving a penalty to any of the title contenders.

It wasn't a yellow and where is the evidence Ferrari are appealing?

RunningMan wrote:
Why the hell not. Do they have to pay for protests or something? They probably won't win it.

This. Nobody would.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm 

Where did you hear that Ferrari is gonna protest? Because unlike you. Ferrari is not stupid. Ferrari knows its not a yellow flag. Its just yellow lights for the race conditions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:09 pm 

I think Vettel turning in on Senna with no punishment is more worthy of a raised eyebrow than overtaking under the yellow light, Kobayashi looked real slow and im sure you can overtake someone under yellows if they are having an issue.

To not even be investigated for causing the crash on the first lap is far more murky.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:09 pm 

It was red and yellow for slippery track. Over.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:10 pm 

If they protest they are really stupid. And more stupid will be FIA if they even start to investigate it or even give penalty to Vettel and give title to Alonso. That will surely kill the sport for this year. And the year was awesome.

Ending this year like that wouldn't be nice at all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm 

metamorphomisk wrote:
RunningMan wrote:

This. Nobody would.

But it wouldn't be, he drove well all season and would have earned it. (and so would Vettel)

The justice has already been served. No protest will change that.

Flash2k11 wrote:
I think Vettel turning in on Senna with no punishment is more worthy of a raised eyebrow than overtaking under the yellow light, Kobayashi looked real slow and im sure you can overtake someone under yellows if they are having an issue.

To not even be investigated for causing the crash on the first lap is far more murky.

well, a lot of first lap incidents are being overlooked anyway (unless the culprit is a repeat offender) so no issue there...
we should get a clarification on the yellows thing. the commentators did say that it was under yellows, so... wait and see

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm 

Saw the replay of the 'pass under yellows' approaching the pit straight but this was after seeing Seb overtake Kamui into Turn 1. My immediate conclusion was that he had made an illegal pass and conceded the position as a result, hence having to overtake Kamui again.
Now I hear it may not have even been yellows. Either way, no penalty necessary.

Don't use that "_______ wouldn't want to win the title in the courtroom" nonsense. Of course they would. People said it in 2007 and they were well off. A Formula One driver will take a title no matter the circumstances. If Ferrari believe Vettel had overtaken illegally and that had cost them the title, then they're going to protest.

But it isn't Alonso's choice - it's Ferrari's.

And I think it might have been a flood light anyway.

Misinformed wrote:
Thank God. The only race where I'll support Alonso, and I feel as though he was robbed, not by Vettel but by the stewards. I will get lots of bad remarks toward this post but first of all we saw Vettel's overtake under yellows and there was no investigation, and he also took Senna out of the race, and there was no investigation. Yet Hulkenberg took Hamilton out and there was an investigation and subsequent penalty almost immediately.

Honestly it's that Senna incident that's sticking in the throat a little bit. Just said this over in the race thread but Vettel clearly caused that crash and it could have been much much worse than it ended up being. Racing incident with possibility of a penalty yet it's not even investigated (and when was the last time THAT happened btw?). Yet Hulkenberg slides into Hamilton, also a racing incident with possibility of a penalty, and he's got a drive through before Hamilton's finished parking up.

Don't get me wrong, nothing against Vettel at all, but this seeming tendency to treat the big names differently is leaving a bit of bad taste at the moment.

@MBrundleF1: It appears the warning lights were red and yellow for slippery track not yellow so nothing to answer for Vettel. #F1

End of thread.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm 

It is over. Nothing else will happen. Vettel is the WDC. Have a shot and a beer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 pm 

Pat Fry says that he doesn't think it was a yellow flag, more likely yellow and red flag

dreamerP wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:

well, a lot of first lap incidents are being overlooked anyway (unless the culprit is a repeat offender) so no issue there...
we should get a clarification on the yellows thing. the commentators did say that it was under yellows, so... wait and see

This is an issue I have with the application of the rules, had that been Grosjean who had turned into Senna I have no doubt whatsoever that he would have been taking a trip down the pit lane.

Pat Fry being very, very magnanimous in defeat there, he said it was a red and yellow oil flag and that it should be the end of it.

protest about what??

JohnnyGuitar wrote:
@MBrundleF1: It appears the warning lights were red and yellow for slippery track not yellow so nothing to answer for Vettel. #F1

End of thread.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:16 pm 

Pat fry confirmed that it was red/yellow to Sky.

Pat Fry confirms yellow and red flag, end of thread indeed

Pat Fry says it was not a yellow flag.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm 

metamorphomisk wrote:
RunningMan wrote:

This. Nobody would.

He would, and he would be delighted, he wants to win at all cost and that means team mates or any other penalties that can help him will be appreciated, that's how he is as a racer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm 

You are all wrong, so is Fry. It was a lemon-yellow light over the lemonade stand set up by the Pele Cub Scouts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:19 pm 

Don't think they will, will just make them look stupid. Weren't yellows.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:19 pm 

Jomox wrote:
metamorphomisk wrote:
RunningMan wrote:

This. Nobody would.

He would, and he would be delighted, he wants to win at all cost and that means team mates or any other penalties that can help him will be appreciated, that's how he is as a racer.

Racer. Racing. The thing done. On The Track.

You don't race in the courtroom.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm 

Misinformed wrote:

Senna out of race ?

That was his bloody own fault , clipping from behind. Almost cost Vettel the title.

Thank God , vettel came back up the order enough to deny Alonso the title who once again got lucky with Ham and Hulk moving out of his way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm 

I do believe I broke the news here first ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 pm 

Ferrari may be right, but it comes across as being a sore loser.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:24 pm 

SilverPower wrote:
Ferrari may be right, but it comes across as being a sore loser.

You've got to love 2 things in life; the media, and the people.

Something gets published that's complete BS, and the people run with it like the herd of cattle they are.

Just prod them where you want them to go, and then they keep themselves headed in that direction.

Ferrari just said they think it was not yellow flags.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:25 pm 

You all watching Sky? Race control have made a complete balls up of it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:26 pm 

Tell you what, Sky F1 analysis isnt painting Vettel in a great light here, Kobayashi pitting might just have saved him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm 

RickM wrote:
Pat fry confirmed that it was red/yellow to Sky.

Sky analysis confirmed yellow flags.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm 

F1yer wrote:
Misinformed wrote:

Senna out of race ?

That was his bloody own fault , clipping from behind. Almost cost Vettel the title.

Thank God , vettel came back up the order enough to deny Alonso the title who once again got lucky with Ham and Hulk moving out of his way.

Yeah that was a fantastic overtake on Schumacher by Vettel!! Alonso has had luck this year but seb fan boys seem to think vettel is always hard done by! He took senna out then had alot of luck again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.