planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 am
Posts: 360
Alonso himself said later in an interview (which I cannot find and will never find) that his habit of not taking fairy cakes before the races made the car heavier and cost him the title. Motivation was cited as a factor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:25 am
Posts: 195
iceman_fan90 wrote:
Yes let's ignore all the mechanical failures and accidents Vettel had



Umm are you ok?

That's the whole point Ferrari never broke down if it wasn't for grosjean you can bet alonso would be champion today.
Vettel having accidents is his own fault and Renault s fault for designing disreputable alternators


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
keenf1fan wrote:
Alonso himself said later in an interview (which I cannot find and will never find) that his habit of not taking fairy cakes before the races made the car heavier and cost him the title. Motivation was cited as a factor


What?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 am
Posts: 72
Location: Milton keynes
Muzzyf1 wrote:
iceman_fan90 wrote:
Yes let's ignore all the mechanical failures and accidents Vettel had



Umm are you ok?

That's the whole point Ferrari never broke down if it wasn't for grosjean you can bet alonso would be champion today.
Vettel having accidents is his own fault and Renault s fault for designing disreputable alternators



again i will use my fave quote

"and if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle"

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:25 am
Posts: 195
F12012 wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:
iceman_fan90 wrote:
Yes let's ignore all the mechanical failures and accidents Vettel had



Umm are you ok?

That's the whole point Ferrari never broke down if it wasn't for grosjean you can bet alonso would be champion today.
Vettel having accidents is his own fault and Renault s fault for designing disreputable alternators



again i will use my fave quote



"and if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle"




If she had balls your uncle would be gay...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 am
Posts: 72
Location: Milton keynes
Wooooosh

:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 2:25 pm
Posts: 487
Location: Florida
Ferrari needed to gamble today, they had nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. Watching the race live, I was yelling at the TV that Alonso should have stayed on slicks like Button and Hulk.

Still might not have won the title, but that was the better move and would have been my call.

_________________
As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 422
RunningMan wrote:
In a season of 20 races. You cannot point your finger at one thing,

Ferrari shot themselves in the foot by designing a poor car to start with.


Red Bull's strategy call to pit Vettel at Canada got them a 4-point swing which has proven to be crucial.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:52 am
Posts: 1654
GingerFurball wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
In a season of 20 races. You cannot point your finger at one thing,

Ferrari shot themselves in the foot by designing a poor car to start with.


Red Bull's strategy call to pit Vettel at Canada got them a 4-point swing which has proven to be crucial.

In fact if Vettel had not pitted that day, unlike Alonso he would have been gobbled up by the mid field and he may have even ended outside the points. Alonso was quite smug that day in Canada even though he lost positions rooting how proud he was to stay out, I am sure he would be having nightmares right now about that race and how the call he made has come to bite him for at least another year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 am
Posts: 160
Location: Northern Ireland
chinki wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
In a season of 20 races. You cannot point your finger at one thing,

Ferrari shot themselves in the foot by designing a poor car to start with.


Red Bull's strategy call to pit Vettel at Canada got them a 4-point swing which has proven to be crucial.

In fact if Vettel had not pitted that day, unlike Alonso he would have been gobbled up by the mid field and he may have even ended outside the points. Alonso was quite smug that day in Canada even though he lost positions rooting how proud he was to stay out, I am sure he would be having nightmares right now about that race and how the call he made has come to bite him for at least another year.


I don't know what the OP meant, but this is how i see it: That Ferrari raced 20 races, had no car failures, and only one strategy fail; which I consider to be not leaving Alonso out for another 1 or 2 laps at Monaco (if you revisit the VT on that one, you'll notice how Fernando closes the gap up and then purposely sits 1.8 seconds behind to save his tyres from aero degradation). This is a minute discrepancy in the wider light of team decisions up and down the paddock.

In Canada they said that the tyres were not then a fully known entity, and that they "flipped the coin in the air" in search of a win. RB pursued the same possibility, and it proved not to be a possibility. This I do not consider to be a missed trick. I was quite aware at the time, (given the unstable nature of the racing/championship) that a Ferrari win here would go a long way to winning the WC, and in retrospect, it sure would have.

You can mention all the if's and but's about Red Bull, but the lions share of their misfortune has been within their realm of responsibility kers/alternators/driver errors (Hamilton/Macca also re: reliability, pit-stop chaos etc.), Ferrari's has not.

In light of Ferrari's near spotless season, its not going too far to point out that from what happened at the circuits all year, the only real notable point worth discussing was the Destruction Derby at Spa....

A fair comment IMO

_________________
Forza Ferrari


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 316
Redleb wrote:
No, Alonso lost the championship today in Brezil. Simply because he didn't race like a champion and hoped for Vettel to DNF. Don't tell me that Force India is faster thn Ferrari, but that Hulk was racing but Alonso just parading. Stupid call from him! He could have done it only if he chose to race instead of waiting for karma!


that's his story of the year. always picking up places when some1 lose it in front.

and then went overhype about his car being crap, and him being over achieving....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 18
I don't post much! As a DIE HARD Ferrari fan since was 6, Grosjean had nothing to do with Vettel winning and Alonso not! The OP is trying to stir shi't or is an idiot!! Alonso tried harder than anyone this year! Vettel is a great driver but as soon as Newey hooked that RB up, the title was over! Great race today! In particular, Button, Alonso, Vettel, and Massa! Massa was my driver of the day going on how much he's turned his season around and how poorly he normally is in the rain! Can't wait for next year!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:06 pm
Posts: 547
Several factors could have infulenced the WDC

Vettel/Narain Malaysia
Vettel drive through Spain
Bad strategy for both in Canada
Alternator in Valencia for Seb
Vettel overtake on Button Germany
Spa crash
Alonso anti-roll bar fail in Q3, Vettel alternator in race
Alonso crash Suzuka
Vettel sent to back of grid Abu Dhabi
Austin grid situation
Vettel crash Interlagos

Not to forget all the bad luck Hamilton suffered,

You win and lose Championships over a season, not in a couple of races!

_________________
Jenson Button & Williams F1 Team supporter!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 238
Granto! wrote:
I don't post much! As a DIE HARD Ferrari fan since was 6, Grosjean had nothing to do with Vettel winning and Alonso not! The OP is trying to stir shi't or is an idiot!! Alonso tried harder than anyone this year! Vettel is a great driver but as soon as Newey hooked that RB up, the title was over! Great race today! In particular, Button, Alonso, Vettel, and Massa! Massa was my driver of the day going on how much he's turned his season around and how poorly he normally is in the rain! Can't wait for next year!


Totally agree. Massa was epic today and did everything Alonso and Ferrari could have possibly expected of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 am
Posts: 545
Ev0lutionz wrote:
Kimi also cost Alonso the title in Suzuka..


Lets play the absurd blame game...


Kimi cost Alonso the title in Interlagos by going off track to avoid Vettel.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:43 am
Posts: 684
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
kingjamie wrote:
Several factors could have infulenced the WDC

Vettel/Narain Malaysia
Vettel drive through Spain
Bad strategy for both in Canada
Alternator in Valencia for Seb
Vettel overtake on Button Germany
Spa crash
Alonso anti-roll bar fail in Q3, Vettel alternator in race
Alonso crash Suzuka
Vettel sent to back of grid Abu Dhabi
Austin grid situation
Vettel crash Interlagos

Not to forget all the bad luck Hamilton suffered,

You win and lose Championships over a season, not in a couple of races!


+1

_________________
KIMI: Yeah,Winning feels good.But I am not the type of guy to jump up and down and rub it in everyone's face.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 61
Usman wrote:
kingjamie wrote:
Several factors could have infulenced the WDC

Vettel/Narain Malaysia
Vettel drive through Spain
Bad strategy for both in Canada
Alternator in Valencia for Seb
Vettel overtake on Button Germany
Spa crash
Alonso anti-roll bar fail in Q3, Vettel alternator in race
Alonso crash Suzuka
Vettel sent to back of grid Abu Dhabi
Austin grid situation
Vettel crash Interlagos

Not to forget all the bad luck Hamilton suffered,

You win and lose Championships over a season, not in a couple of races!


+1


+ Vettel drive-through / alternator failure in Italy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 am
Posts: 2707
XploZiV wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
XploZiV wrote:
Grosjean's little destruction derby @ Spa cost Alonso the title?


You are certainly a funny person ;)


And I actually didn't mean to. Probably getting already psychotic because the season is over.
Lock it up Scotty!

Full credit and kudos for admitting that this thread was a mistake and should be locked. :thumbup:

I'm impressed and will make more effort in future to admit when I am wrong!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5956
And so the hunt for scapegoats begins.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:53 pm
Posts: 410
Redleb wrote:
No, Alonso lost the championship today in Brezil. Simply because he didn't race like a champion and hoped for Vettel to DNF. Don't tell me that Force India is faster thn Ferrari, but that Hulk was racing but Alonso just parading. Stupid call from him! He could have done it only if he chose to race instead of waiting for karma!


Your post is almost as bad as the OP, where did Alonso qualify? and where did he finish? Mclaren were shown to be the strongest car all weekend, so he was never going to really catch Button, so to say he did not do all he could is rather ignorant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:56 pm
Posts: 250
zedd wrote:
Alonso post race in Brazil "The championship was not lost here," said Alonso. "The championship was lost when [Romain] Grosjean flew over my head [at Spa] or when Vettel surprisingly only got a reprimand after qualifying in Japan.

This thread is not without significance, when Alonso himself said that.

I know that losing a championship must feel terrible, but what comes out in times like that is the unvarnished truth. This is what Alonso really feels, no matter what he says about the championship in the coming days. Goes to show 'state of mind', Your Honor!

I agree with the several posters who have made reasonable arguments against this line of thought. As one brilliant post went, it was Vettel's fault really for scoring more points. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Baabda Lb
Angel De La Muerte wrote:
Redleb wrote:
No, Alonso lost the championship today in Brezil. Simply because he didn't race like a champion and hoped for Vettel to DNF. Don't tell me that Force India is faster thn Ferrari, but that Hulk was racing but Alonso just parading. Stupid call from him! He could have done it only if he chose to race instead of waiting for karma!


Your post is almost as bad as the OP, where did Alonso qualify? and where did he finish? Mclaren were shown to be the strongest car all weekend, so he was never going to really catch Button, so to say he did not do all he could is rather ignorant


Alonso made up all his positions at the start ! In the rest of the race he was just parading. It was raining most of the time and with some heart he could have fighted the Mc Larens just like Hulk did. Also he got another chance after the safety car, but again unfortunately he chose to parade and not race.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flyboy10, Henri Royce, minchy, pokerman, Seanie, shoot999, Teach206, Water and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group