planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:44 pm 

Alonso himself said later in an interview (which I cannot find and will never find) that his habit of not taking fairy cakes before the races made the car heavier and cost him the title. Motivation was cited as a factor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 pm 

iceman_fan90 wrote:
Yes let's ignore all the mechanical failures and accidents Vettel had

Umm are you ok?

That's the whole point Ferrari never broke down if it wasn't for grosjean you can bet alonso would be champion today.
Vettel having accidents is his own fault and Renault s fault for designing disreputable alternators

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm 

keenf1fan wrote:
Alonso himself said later in an interview (which I cannot find and will never find) that his habit of not taking fairy cakes before the races made the car heavier and cost him the title. Motivation was cited as a factor

What?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm 

Muzzyf1 wrote:
iceman_fan90 wrote:

Umm are you ok?

That's the whole point Ferrari never broke down if it wasn't for grosjean you can bet alonso would be champion today.
Vettel having accidents is his own fault and Renault s fault for designing disreputable alternators

again i will use my fave quote

"and if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 pm 

F12012 wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:
iceman_fan90 wrote:

Umm are you ok?

again i will use my fave quote

"and if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle"

If she had balls your uncle would be gay...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 pm 

Wooooosh

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 pm 

Ferrari needed to gamble today, they had nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. Watching the race live, I was yelling at the TV that Alonso should have stayed on slicks like Button and Hulk.

Still might not have won the title, but that was the better move and would have been my call.

As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
In a season of 20 races. You cannot point your finger at one thing,

Ferrari shot themselves in the foot by designing a poor car to start with.

Red Bull's strategy call to pit Vettel at Canada got them a 4-point swing which has proven to be crucial.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am 

GingerFurball wrote:
RunningMan wrote:

Red Bull's strategy call to pit Vettel at Canada got them a 4-point swing which has proven to be crucial.

In fact if Vettel had not pitted that day, unlike Alonso he would have been gobbled up by the mid field and he may have even ended outside the points. Alonso was quite smug that day in Canada even though he lost positions rooting how proud he was to stay out, I am sure he would be having nightmares right now about that race and how the call he made has come to bite him for at least another year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 am 

chinki wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:
RunningMan wrote:

In fact if Vettel had not pitted that day, unlike Alonso he would have been gobbled up by the mid field and he may have even ended outside the points. Alonso was quite smug that day in Canada even though he lost positions rooting how proud he was to stay out, I am sure he would be having nightmares right now about that race and how the call he made has come to bite him for at least another year.

I don't know what the OP meant, but this is how i see it: That Ferrari raced 20 races, had no car failures, and only one strategy fail; which I consider to be not leaving Alonso out for another 1 or 2 laps at Monaco (if you revisit the VT on that one, you'll notice how Fernando closes the gap up and then purposely sits 1.8 seconds behind to save his tyres from aero degradation). This is a minute discrepancy in the wider light of team decisions up and down the paddock.

In Canada they said that the tyres were not then a fully known entity, and that they "flipped the coin in the air" in search of a win. RB pursued the same possibility, and it proved not to be a possibility. This I do not consider to be a missed trick. I was quite aware at the time, (given the unstable nature of the racing/championship) that a Ferrari win here would go a long way to winning the WC, and in retrospect, it sure would have.

You can mention all the if's and but's about Red Bull, but the lions share of their misfortune has been within their realm of responsibility kers/alternators/driver errors (Hamilton/Macca also re: reliability, pit-stop chaos etc.), Ferrari's has not.

In light of Ferrari's near spotless season, its not going too far to point out that from what happened at the circuits all year, the only real notable point worth discussing was the Destruction Derby at Spa....

A fair comment IMO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:52 am 

Redleb wrote:
No, Alonso lost the championship today in Brezil. Simply because he didn't race like a champion and hoped for Vettel to DNF. Don't tell me that Force India is faster thn Ferrari, but that Hulk was racing but Alonso just parading. Stupid call from him! He could have done it only if he chose to race instead of waiting for karma!

that's his story of the year. always picking up places when some1 lose it in front.

and then went overhype about his car being crap, and him being over achieving....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 am 

I don't post much! As a DIE HARD Ferrari fan since was 6, Grosjean had nothing to do with Vettel winning and Alonso not! The OP is trying to stir shi't or is an idiot!! Alonso tried harder than anyone this year! Vettel is a great driver but as soon as Newey hooked that RB up, the title was over! Great race today! In particular, Button, Alonso, Vettel, and Massa! Massa was my driver of the day going on how much he's turned his season around and how poorly he normally is in the rain! Can't wait for next year!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 am 

Several factors could have infulenced the WDC

Vettel/Narain Malaysia
Vettel drive through Spain
Bad strategy for both in Canada
Alternator in Valencia for Seb
Vettel overtake on Button Germany
Spa crash
Alonso anti-roll bar fail in Q3, Vettel alternator in race
Alonso crash Suzuka
Vettel sent to back of grid Abu Dhabi
Austin grid situation
Vettel crash Interlagos

Not to forget all the bad luck Hamilton suffered,

You win and lose Championships over a season, not in a couple of races!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 am 

Granto! wrote:
I don't post much! As a DIE HARD Ferrari fan since was 6, Grosjean had nothing to do with Vettel winning and Alonso not! The OP is trying to stir shi't or is an idiot!! Alonso tried harder than anyone this year! Vettel is a great driver but as soon as Newey hooked that RB up, the title was over! Great race today! In particular, Button, Alonso, Vettel, and Massa! Massa was my driver of the day going on how much he's turned his season around and how poorly he normally is in the rain! Can't wait for next year!

Totally agree. Massa was epic today and did everything Alonso and Ferrari could have possibly expected of him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 am 

Ev0lutionz wrote:
Kimi also cost Alonso the title in Suzuka..

Lets play the absurd blame game...

Kimi cost Alonso the title in Interlagos by going off track to avoid Vettel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 am 

kingjamie wrote:

Vettel/Narain Malaysia
Spa crash
Alonso crash Suzuka
Austin grid situation
Vettel crash Interlagos

+1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:04 am 

Usman wrote:
kingjamie wrote:

Vettel/Narain Malaysia
Spa crash
Alonso crash Suzuka
Austin grid situation
Vettel crash Interlagos

+1

+ Vettel drive-through / alternator failure in Italy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 am 

XploZiV wrote:
SwSpeed wrote:
XploZiV wrote:
Grosjean's little destruction derby @ Spa cost Alonso the title?

You are certainly a funny person ;)

And I actually didn't mean to. Probably getting already psychotic because the season is over.
Lock it up Scotty!

Full credit and kudos for admitting that this thread was a mistake and should be locked. :thumbup:

I'm impressed and will make more effort in future to admit when I am wrong!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 am 

And so the hunt for scapegoats begins.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:59 am 

Redleb wrote:
No, Alonso lost the championship today in Brezil. Simply because he didn't race like a champion and hoped for Vettel to DNF. Don't tell me that Force India is faster thn Ferrari, but that Hulk was racing but Alonso just parading. Stupid call from him! He could have done it only if he chose to race instead of waiting for karma!

Your post is almost as bad as the OP, where did Alonso qualify? and where did he finish? Mclaren were shown to be the strongest car all weekend, so he was never going to really catch Button, so to say he did not do all he could is rather ignorant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:04 am 

zedd wrote:
Alonso post race in Brazil "The championship was not lost here," said Alonso. "The championship was lost when [Romain] Grosjean flew over my head [at Spa] or when Vettel surprisingly only got a reprimand after qualifying in Japan.

This thread is not without significance, when Alonso himself said that.

I know that losing a championship must feel terrible, but what comes out in times like that is the unvarnished truth. This is what Alonso really feels, no matter what he says about the championship in the coming days. Goes to show 'state of mind', Your Honor!

I agree with the several posters who have made reasonable arguments against this line of thought. As one brilliant post went, it was Vettel's fault really for scoring more points. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 am 

Angel De La Muerte wrote:
Redleb wrote:

Your post is almost as bad as the OP, where did Alonso qualify? and where did he finish? Mclaren were shown to be the strongest car all weekend, so he was never going to really catch Button, so to say he did not do all he could is rather ignorant

Alonso made up all his positions at the start ! In the rest of the race he was just parading. It was raining most of the time and with some heart he could have fighted the Mc Larens just like Hulk did. Also he got another chance after the safety car, but again unfortunately he chose to parade and not race.